Movies from the dark (& unknown) side

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

G.P
Do you think we should talk about 'movies that matter'...less (using the website phrase), I mean not compulsorily Hollywood made (and with a lot of money) movies...

Example: Provided that I'm still studying, I came two see last week two films, a French movie (about which I think no one has ever hear) and a popular German comedy... Should I make a review, a discussion, even mention that or just ignore them as soon as I am here ?

I'll be glad to see what you think about this...

Kes
What do you mean G.P.?

G.P
I mean : should we also talk about less known movies, like non-american movies, or....less known movies...

Ok let me give you an example...

'La petite Lili' by Claude Miller (French)
'Good bye Lenin' by Wolfgang Becker (German)

Does it ring a bell ?

nemo
let's talk about it.
this site talk way too much about Pirate of the carribean sea.
there are alot of good foreign movies out there.
i just saw a korean movie called my tutor friend-quite funny.

wicker_man
Bad Taste - This is an alien/sci-fi movie made on a limited budget close to that of The Blair Witch Project,it was made by Peter Jackson long before he hit the big time with Lord of the Rings and even The Frightners,the film was shot in New Zeland Mr Jacksons home land and is basically about for guys called 'The Dereks' who are hired by the goverment to take out these aliens and there zombie drones,this film is not supposed to be taken seriously the make up is bog standard but hey its an excellent film with parodys of all those 50's B movies and even a scene simlar to that of commando (the one where Arnie goes on a killing rampage),excellent cheesy gore at its best.

PiratePrincess
Bollywood, ahhh, i love it!! I've seen a couple of brilliant Bollywood's because one of my best friends is Indian and she loves them!

Kes
Those dont ring a bell.
I started a thread about the movie Anatomy (Austria or germany) but nobody answered messed

BackFire349
well, obscure horror movies are my specialty... not foreign dramas though. umm... a great forieign movie that isnt really well known is irreversible. its extremely dark in nature and has some amazing power behind it.

G.P
That was my point. We could use this topic (or one just like it) to talk about, erm..., this kind of films...

lil bitchiness
Oh, i do have to say, that 'Goodbye Lenin' is a great movie...
It is in German and it s so amazing! i thought so anyway....also, i think non-hollywood drama's are more disturbing.
Out of Bollywood films....
they just receantly did the re-make of E.T....how cool is that!, i think the film is called
'Koi Mil Gaya' or something along them lines..maybe the spelling is wrong...big grin

G.P
I liked 'Good bye Lenin'...it was great... smile

fini
hmmm Koi Mil Gaya is opening this week here in trinidad........i dont watch indian movies much, but i'll give this one a watch

hmmm any international films huh??........cant say i've seen much, just whats on cable. My brothers are into anime so i see a lot of japanese made movies, some of them are good

nemo
thai ghost movies are really scary,
i saw one called nok nak. scare the hell out of me.
u guys ever see the japanese version of The Ring? much scarier than the western remake.

Kes
Have you seen Anatomy?
Its cool smile You should see it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.