What do you find interesting in Star wars movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Danistar
What do you find interesting in star wars movies? They are old fashioned, boring movies. I remember I used to like them before. But there are many better movies nowadays.

yerssot
you have to place it in the time, I mean for the '70-'80s, they are marvelous!

LanceWindu
Since this is about the OT I'm moving it to the OT forum.

Moving-Moved.

Ushgarak
Well, I disagree with the basic idea completely, the original films- especially ESB- are some of the best films ever and stand the test of time just fine- not boring at all and much better than most films since.

Baylin
Nuff said!

Rogue Jedi
im with ush....they are pure magic to me.....

Corran
Yes what Ush said.

Hypernova
It blends all those things I like about this type of movie... GL did a really wonderful job in bringing to life the space sci-fi I loved so much growing up. Many times with AOTC, I kept thinking how wonderful the worlds were, and the places he takes us are amazing. He is a very visual story teller.. and tells it really well - it doesn't matter that it was made 20+ years ago.

AND Padme/Leia kicks ass!! smokin'

Lyn
Right on Hypernova!! thumb up
Go Leia!!
Go Padme!!
Happy Dance

Gundark
Danistar should be hanged at dawn.

finti
why wait until dawn

Lyn
laughing

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i dont like anything about star war movies. just my opinion.

finti
kind off in the wrong forum then

BackFire349
the overwhelming similarities to lord of the rings is pretty interesting.

Baylin
Which bits are similar? I dont remember seeing Legolas blasting away in his X-Wing... stick out tongue

I almost wish they'd used the same technology on the new SW films as with the old. It probably sounds daft but I find the old ones more believable because of the basic FX.

Gundark
Thank you for your opinion, hockey....it has been noted.

Now I suggest you continue posting in a different forum.

Thank you for your splendid cooperation !

Lyn
laughing Nice one Gundark thumb up

I think I kinda get what you mean Baylin. My Dad, after he saw Ep2 said he didn't like watching the NT then the OT because it made the OT look really old.

StarWars_Fan
What i like about the Sw movies, is the story line, i also like the action, the music and the characters.

Darth Hater
i like pretty much everything about star wars.

especially the story line and the characters

Lyn
Ditto...happy thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.