A Sin Eater

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
Ok,'A Sin Eater', from the trailers..looked kinda promicing...i just saw it today...and it was....well..it wasnt nowhere near as good as id hoped it to be!
Anyone seen it? Anyone likes it? confused

DeNiro
what is it about well obviously about punishing people that make sins but yeah

lil bitchiness
no, not quite.
Basicly the story is that there is a guy that well..''eats people's sins''...
he forgives what God wont forgive..and basicly he eats bread and salt off sinners chest, he eats their sin, and they die....
Well...it was a good idea, it just went all wrong...
Sin Eater cannot die, unless he is killed by a 'special' dagger, and who kills sin eater, he basicly gets his job....ahh...its all dodgy!
I think its very different to all other films, cos it doesnt define good-evil...there isnt a clear thing..
Sin Eater is good and Bad...depends which way you look at it....
lie i said, it was a good idea, but the storyline was non-existant
You might wanna check it out, and see what you think...

grymlock
i better check this movie out... cheers!!

lil bitchiness
Cool. Let me know what you thought ok?
Please dont blame me if you think its awful! But do let me know, what you though! big grin

grymlock
for sure will let you know about it ... cheers!!

DeNiro
im going to check it out now is it an older moive or is it a newer movie and this kinda rminds me of rumplistilkskin like how he feeds off souls well first born childs souls at least

BackFire349
sounds kinda lame, hellraiser rip off.

lil bitchiness
ok..no and no!
Its a very new movie...its with Heat Ledger, and has got absolutely no similarities with hellraiser whatsoever...none!!!
i think im gonna post a better explanation of it!
Its a new film DeNiro! smile

BackFire349
oh, your reffering to the order. that movie looks like crap.

lil bitchiness
not only does it look crap..it really is crap!
I would say in other circumstances, have a look in anycase then judge, but now im gonna say...''no, really dont, its a waste of two hours''!

BackFire349
obviously, its a hollywood made horror movie, they are never good.

lil bitchiness
i am not sure on what principle it was ment to work at all....i think horror sould be at least a little bloody and really disturbing to be good...this wasnt either...it was just.....
is there any goo horror that was mae receantly...i really cant think of any...reaceantly made GOOD horror films! sad

BackFire349
horror doesnt need to be bloody at all to be good, some of the best horror movies have no gore whatsoever. implied gore is usually more powerful. theres a few good horror movies of recent memory, 28 days later, jason vs freddy, cabin fever, house of 1000 corpses, irreversible.

lil bitchiness
little bloody and very disturbing is what i was saying!
Pychological thriller is much more effective than any horror!

BackFire349
not always. psychological HORROR is usually the best. movie like the shining, TCM, irreversible, all among the most powerful horror movies of all time.

lil bitchiness
HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA.....TCM is sooo bloody! what?! eh? i heard of a pscychological thrillers and horrors, but i do not know what a psychological horror is...
HAHAHA In what way is TCM psychological?!?!?!?!

BackFire349
TCM is not gory at all, have you seen the movie?

lil bitchiness
yeah i have...im not talking about gorynes..im talking about psychological side of it, which is none existant!?!
What?! where is it?! what was pychological about it?!

BackFire349
the fact that it makes you use your head in order to finish seeing the horrific acts that are only started on screen. the way leatherface is introduced to us, out of no where, and exits just as quickly, leaving us wondering what has just happeend, who is he, whats his story? the fact that is relies on realism to push its dark atmosphere, rather then just blood and guts spilling all over, it goes out of its way to make us use our minds. thats what makes TCM so great, it combines all the sub-genres of horror, it is part exploitation, part psychological, and part slasher.

lil bitchiness
yes...i really had to use my head in that one.....
psychological thrillers, luv, leave you thinking about the idea of the film after the film is ened...if makes you wander...makes you use your brain and it creeps you out...
just like you said about the ending of the film: ''the girl gets away, letherface is upset...the end''
The film was disturbing, ok...but it was in no way psychological!

BackFire349
it was disturbing because of its psychological aspects, again, because it makes you use your mind to finish the acts in your head. its is very psychological, and im not the only person who knows this, most horror critics, and other horror directors recognize this fact as part of what makes the movie so relentlessly powerful. im not saying it is a psychological thriller in any way, it is psychological horror though.

lil bitchiness
Well...maybe...really we never gonna agree on this really. i saw TCM a long time ago, and i was quite young when i saw it...i was disturbed by it....i dont think by the whole film, i think the most disturbing scene is the end scene...that was the only thing that was disturbing for me....
you like the film...an thats cool, i think it didnt do for me as much as Michael Myers has...i was never more terrefied and i dont think i ever will be......wrong turn sucks to you, i thought it wasnt so bad.....

BackFire349
psh, micheal myers, the most generic and boring horror creation of all time.

lil bitchiness
well anyway... as a kid i feard Michael Myers and Freddy Cruger (just like everyone else)...saw Jason, i thouhgt that was just weird, not scary....

BackFire349
never thought any of them were remotely creepy.

lil bitchiness
and what were you afraid of...bunnys! you wanna know a creepy movie... Watership Down...now that beats TCM right down!!!
not that TCM was scary...but Watership Down was one creepy movie/animation.........

oh, and what did you think of Fready and Michael and Jason when you were kid?

BackFire349
never really cared for any of them, never feared any of them.

lil bitchiness
laughing oh...right!

BackFire349
i always thought micheal was incredibly boring, no personality whatsoever, nothing creative at all, just a watered down leatherface. jason was kinda cool, because he was like some incredibly powerful zombie who at least looked fugly under the mask. freddy is cool, he is the most colorful of the 3, but i never found him scary at all, he was too likeable to me.

Leftomaniac
Freddy, Jason and Micheal- they're my homies. I agree, much more lovable than scary. I don't remember if I was afraid of them as a kid, but I was afraid of pretty much everything as a kid, so it's a safe bet that I was.

I think the Friday the Thirteenth series gets a lot better after the sixth movie- at that point the writers seem to say, "You know what? This is just kind of silly. So let's have fun with it for a while." (The Nightmare series starts that at about the second one) They seemed to take that attitude towards Freddy vs Jason too, which I really enjoyed.

Regarding The Order- I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard it's very confusing. Usually when someone says that about a movie I end up liking it, so I'm geeked up.

lil bitchiness
You know what......characters in Freddy V Jason were so annoying you wanted them to die....like...a lot!

Leftomaniac
Hee, I know. I loved the scene where they first show them- I mean, you've got The Bad Girl, The Jerk, Shy Girl With a Dead Mother and The Only Black Person in Springwood. And you know right off the bat who's gonna live and die. It took all my willpower to keep from stading up in my seat and screaming "THIS ROCKS!"

lil bitchiness
i know....and the acting...the acting....! hahaha....
Very clishe, the characters were i recon!

Leftomaniac
I remember at some point one of them- out of the blue -suggests they go skinny dipping. THAT was priceless!

lil bitchiness
Hahahahahaaaaaaaa! oh man... laughing

grymlock
i just find out that a sin eater has been change to the order.... cheers!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.