What's so bad about Eowyn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Seriously guys, i like her! Why do so many people have a problem with her?

Why don't you like her?

Corran
I like her, no problems here, she is a true Lady.

must_kill_Santa
i dont know i just dont like her

PiratePrincess
Nope, don't have aproblem with her either! I think she's a cool character thumb up

mah
Some don't like her because in a twisted logic they see her as a threat to aragorn and arwen, and thus forgetting the fact that it's all part of a fictous fairytale written by J.R.R many years ago.

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
well some ppl just hate/dislike her cuz they just do and some ppl guess its not rite for eowyn to love aragorn cuz he likes someone already

Fire
nice going mah, I totaly agree with ya

lotrlover7000
i hate eowyn in the movies. in the books shes ok, but in the movie she tries to steal aragorn.

username39120jo
i agree wit lotrluver, the books she awsome, she killed a ring wraith.. but the movie she's annoying....

Eowen: "duh..who gave u that purty jewl...duh duh.....like,, where is she?"

Aragorn: "(day-dream.......)

Orli'sElf7
how does she try and steal him? she kept her hands off didnt she? well..in the movies at least...shes ok in the book...but in the movies, after aragorn told her about the jewel she knew she couldnt have him.no she kept her hands off tho yes lol

fini
hey the woman fancied the man..........u cant hate her for that..........i'm sure we've all liked someone that was unavailable and that doesn't make us bad people

but eowyn is cool........she's the only chick who got involved in the battle..........she was tolkien's strong woman character.......and strong characters could tend to be bit annoying at times

Orli'sElf7
i never said i hated her! and yea that is tru...she was the strong woman character...because tru arwen is a good strong one too, but she has magic to help her...eowyn needs nerve and a good sword lol...its a tad bit harder...dont get me wrong tho!! i lvoe both of theM!!! Happy Dance

fini
i not talking bout u orli..........if u look at previous posts a lot of people have been saying they hate her

Orli'sElf7
...ohhhh...hey!!!! eowyn is kick ass man!! shes awsome...well...its probably just a choice of preference...miranda looks so bad in the movies tho..lol shes actually quite pretty in real life tho!! and u dont notice her eyes as much. she does come off as sort of a stong willed woman doesnt she? woohoo go girl!! lol big grin

aniron
I dont like eowyn cos she wants aragorn and hes arwens and arwens alone, shes totally butt ugly compared to arwen

PiratePrincess
But Eowyn didn't know that Aragorn was with Arwen until he told her and then she said that she didn't want to steal him so really she hasn't done anything wrong! And i don't agree about how pretty/ugly she is because to me Arwen and Eowyn don't look anything like the picture i had of them in my head compared to the actresses who pkayed them.

yerssot
Aragorn can find Eowyn good looking, doesn't mean everyone in the world should...

aniron
yes she does no that aragorn loves arwn he tells her once and the necklace but happens but does she drop it noooooooooooooo!

PiratePrincess
Yes, OK, but does she atually get Aragorn in the end?? No. Arwen does.

StillPrettiest
Nothing is wrong w/ her! I totally think she's awesome. So there!!!! mad

aniron
mah are you really a lotr fan because you seem obssesd with the fact its fiction, duh get over it ok its fiction but we are talking about it using imagination, clearly you have none

StillPrettiest
i'm w/ phoenix on this 1. Eowyn is so dissed,like, all the time! She's kool!!! miffed

PiratePrincess
Who, me? Soz, i spent all of last year's English course studying/discussing LOTR and other Tolkien stuff so i get kinda into these discussions stick out tongue lol. I know it's only fiction big grin But, aniron, it was you who started this conversation wink

billyboyd4ever
um no it wasnt....
i dont really like eowyn either....i think she kinda needs to back off from aragorn, plus sometimes it seems like she's trying to impress people...i dunno but i do appreciate what she does for merry in rotk so i dont hate her either

PiratePrincess
I was referring to the quote above when i said that aniron started the discussion smile

Lol, that was a very clever-soundin sentence for me big grin

aniron
everyone who has my beliefs towards her are mainly arwen fans (am I rite)

aniron
p.s I hate it wen eowyn says "I can fight" I cant help but shout back at the film "no u cant" lol

aniron
I didn't start the conco, and I wasn't talking to ya anyway pirate princess coz u r coll, if u notice the thing says MAH at the start

aniron
spelling" conco= convo and coll=cool lol

Phoenix
i really dont get WHY people have a problem with the eowyn aragorn tension. I fancied my ((now)) best friend ali for about six months, and for four of those he was attached! and he like me as well, but he liked his girlfriend better, and it was a problem, but none of us disliked each other because of feelings we couldnt control!

chica16
me no likie eowyn

mah
I am of course a LOTR fan, I think you'll find I've been one for a longer time than you as well. What I'm trying to say is it's a bit tiresome with thousand of threads about "OMG; Eowyn sucks; She's EVIL, she's the worst character cause she steals aragornn!" etc.

johnnys#1 fan
Eowyn is awsome!!!! shes one of my favourite charactors in the book and in the movies shes strong and can fight and she's more right for aragorn anyways shes human!!! and she is really pretty!

undomiel
then what was with that big hug she gave him at the end of TTT?
that made me so mad!!

nemo
u mean the belief that she want to steal aragorn?

she didn't.
in the book - she didn't know about arwen until later.
in the movie - when she asked about the necklas aragorn told her arwen have sailed to the undying land. and i don't think she love him, but just idolise him. see the scene where she ran away from wormtongue, went out, then saw aragorn and gang came riding to edoras? i think she just saw him like her rescuer or something. then the part where she explain that she was afraid of being caged, of not being of any use? aragorn's like a way out.

in short, she kept her hands off him despite of her "crush" on him.

nemo
for this part if u listen to her tone, u'll see that she just wanted to help her uncle and proved herself. and she can and she will do that.

Hypernova
Hopefully ROTK will bring out her character alot more... Eowyn is cool (though I am still not sure about MO playing her).

fini
she tries to steal aragorn????......could someone tell me how she tried too????....liking someone is not stealing

OH FFS people its a story and niether tolkien nor Jackson intented her to be a bad person

Phoenix
well, its not really stealing. she's just young and impressionable and basiclly hero-worships him. she's infatuated, but once she knows about Arwen she leaves him alone

fini
exactly and also she gets her own guy too.......lol and its the same thing that she did.........she was admired and since she was available , she got her happiness in the end

and all u arwen lovers out there( hey i like arwen too) , eowyn's story ends up much happier that how arwen's story ended up

Orli'sElf7
aww well undomiel, she was just relieved he was ok!!! he couldve died in that battle ya kno. i like both of tha female characters.!!

muse5
besides legolas, eowyn's my favorite character, i can't wait for rotk, for those of you who know what i'm talking about, that scene is going to be the coolest duel!!! aAAHH

CandyKoRn
I thought Eowyn was one of the most ownage char's in the books

Aragorn#1
I heard that eyowen dosnt, you know what, and Gandalf does, in the movie.

Nivvy
I do like Eowyn, for the fact that she is a strong Character. And a female to Boot. But i dislike the actress that plays her. My explaination for that is , She plays the part so well on her attraction to Aragorn, it gives off a slight hint she would stop at nothing to get him. Even if that meant knocking Arwen out of the picture.... She seems Statigically Sly.

A messed up reason for disliking an Actress and a character, but hey.. That's my two cents worth n.n;;...... Sometime i'll get into the Book and see the Character Aowyn and make my decision without the Actress in the way.

Shieldmaiden
About what Aragorn#1 said, Eowyn does get to do you-know-what; Gandalf has a similar part in the book to Eowyn's with that. They both do.

Eowyn is the best and most in depth characters that Tolkien ever wrote. I don't get why people hate her so much. She does love Eowyn, and to all you people out there who say that she ignore what Aragorn says about he and Arwen, if you listen carefully, he says that she has sailed away to the Undying Lands. Therefore, it's over. But she respects the love that he still has for her. If Arwen hadn't chased Aragorn to Minas Tirith, he never would have married her.

So there, so no more Eowyn bashing!

nemo
Shieldmaiden.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/clapping.gif

thanks for saying that. big grin

fini
thank you on to another topic now.......and no more orli threads either

grr i think we'll run out of threads to start until the movie starts then the forum will be SWAMPED

VenomVA
laughing out loud
he's not only day dreaming, he's ignoring her stupid @$$ rolling on floor laughing

Arwenishott
hes not ignoring her, he is just reflecting and thinking about arwen. and u can tell aragorn likes eowyn (not as much as arwen, but still...) because if u watch the movies she always makes him smile and it seems as thought they r good friends. after the battle at helms deep, they embrace like old fgriends, he was definetly not ignoring her

sammilicious
i'll do as much eowyn bashing as i like thank you.. it's still a free country as i presume... unless u guys have mysteriously taken over the country and removed free speech.. Shieldmaidem how can u say Eowyn is the most indepth character that Tolkien created.. obviously u aren't reading too much into the novel, coz there's no way u could back that up. i reckon she's such a trie hard in the books.... she acts like a spoilted brat wanting all the attention with that stupid i can fight tantrum she threw in the movie.. like don't get me wrong.. i think it's kewl that Tolkien had female fighters in his book, but did it have to be her.. she's acts like a spoilt child.. specially in the house of healing when she met farimer

Shieldmaiden
I was just reading over this and I would like to correct that. SHE CAN TOO FIGHT! All those who have read the books know that! All those who haven't, you're in for a HUGE shock! So, sucked in!
And to the comment about me not knowing anything about the books, I am a Tolkien fan, thank you very much. If you liked Eowyn then you can understand why I have said that. I have studied Eowyn and I see parts of her in myself (not stealing other ppls b/f tho, that isn't her book character). To those who say Arwen in a very in-depth character (I hope there aren't), I say WTF! She has maybe two mentions in the ENTIRE BOOK (not including appendices but that's only 1 section)

nemo
sam, how is she a spoit brat?

Hypernova
Settle down! Allow for the fact that people have only "met" Eowyn in TTT movie, and not Eowyn of the book. I am also fairly new to LOTR having been introduced to ME only in 1998-99 when I first read the Hobbit and then subsequently reading the book and then being a "fan" since watching FOTR then TTT.

It's an interpretation of the book and although I do think the movie adds to the book experience, it maybe worth people's while to actually read the book and find out for themselves how Tolkien portrayed Eowyn (and his other characters). I know we only got a glimpse of Eowyn in the TTT movie and will see more of her in ROTK.

Who knows I may even grow to like the lady who plays her no expression Not that I dislike her, if that makes sense. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about MO.

Vingilot

LittleGilraen
Go ving!!!!!!!! big grin i'm with ya on that! yes

Vingilot

LittleGilraen
yeah so there! stick out tongue

LittleGilraen
*also wants arwen lovers/eowyn haters to come bash me* devil that would be much fun!

Princess Re
i just dislike her,she is always looking at aragorn! >sad

Princess Re
not that there is much to look at!i rather look at leggie poo!

Fëanor
if you're talkin' bout Miranda Otto, then by the gods she is hot hot hot...!

Princess Re
umm,yuck?she is no elf

Vingilot

Princess Re
well he may not be to you but i am more that sure there are others out there who feel differently about him,as do i.....g,day
may all of your days be filled with glory and peace

Exabyte
I) yes yes exactly my point. The movie elves were for the most part sick, and the ones in the books are surely very interesting, but not... hot no

II) again - yes yes
She's a really interesting character and she looks damn good in the film - Miranda is an excellent actress and really did a great job portraying her, with all the facets of her character.

ladygrim
she is a really cool character ... smile

Princess Re
she is a cool person but she is still after aragorn

LittleGilraen
not after she meets Faramir! miffed: she lays off Aragorn when she meets Faramir!

Princess Re
whatever...........i mean i still don't like her,but you do,like i have once said "we all have our own opinions"

Fëanor
and if she were, she'd still be hot hot hot!!! stick out tongue

LittleGilraen
i understand princess re, but it just makes me mad that people misjudge her cuz she goes after aragorn. come on, i mean, who wouldnt??

FeceMan
She killed the Witch-King. What's NOT to like? (I just wish he had put up more of a fight.)

Princess Re
umm aragorn hot??? EWWWW!! is she blind? i like her as a actor but i don't like the girl she plays!

All_For_Orlando
I dont know what it is about Eowyn, I just dont like her. sad It may just be...Mirando Otto. Great character though

~*~Tassie~*~
I love Eowyn.. not just Miranda Otto, but Eowyn herself, as well.. she's brilliant, she fights just for her people and for love, and she's a great fighter, to boot yes
And she's beautiful! love I was gonna make a comment, but I realise I shouldn't..

Why don't you guys like her ?

A.D. Skinner
I think Eowyn is a great Character and well protrayed by Miranda Otto...

I think she is strong, beautiful, and speaks her heart...as do her actions. How could this not be someone you like...especially since she took care of Merry !!!

LittleGilraen
i'm soooooooooooo with A.D. Skinner on that one. i mean, she is one of my favorite characters! big grin but i guess some peeps just dont like her. Miranda Otto was sooooooooooo good! yes

shaber
Miranda Otto is old and ugly

LittleGilraen
how dare ye? miffed laughing out loud jk! she's NOT old though, and she's rather pretty in her own way. smile

shaber
she is nearly forty

LittleGilraen
THATS NOT OLD!!!!!! miffed if ya want old, then i can truthfully tell u that my parents r old enough to be my grandparents!
or here r some good-looking "old" celebs:
Harrison Ford (55)
Sean Connery (60 something)
Debby Reynolds (72)
Franka Potente (nearly 40)
so there! stick out tongue nyah!

shaber
weeell, the female prime comes earlier in life erm

LittleGilraen
*heavy sigh* sad oh well, i guess ya cant win 'em all... i think she's pretty...

~*~Tassie~*~
So? Age doesn't matter. She's beautiful.. but I guess guys want someone they can __ like Liv.. disgust

Even if you don't like her, that's not reason to say she's ugly
Why? Because she's a fighter, and while she's covered in blood and sweat, under all the armour, fighting, you'd prefer the graceful Arwen, with her long black hair tucked perfectly over her shoulders, in her very feminine dresses, dying quietly in Rivendell mad

She's beautiful, end of story smart
And don't argue with me, either mad

Melkórë
She's too prissy, and too "Women's Rights! Let me fight!"-ish.
Yet, I do agree that the actress who portrayed her (Miranda Otto) is very beautiful....drool

~*~Tassie~*~
Well at least she can fight. How many other women do you see brave enough to do what she did? And how is she prissy ?

Melkórë
My cousin Lesley....went to Afganistan a year ago..............shot twice...........

~*~Tassie~*~
oh sure, just edit your post and make me look like the idiot glare

LittleGilraen
i'm so so so sorry, melkore! sad sad

Melkórë

LittleGilraen
and now u have mirandna otto on ur sig. roll eyes (sarcastic)
very sly shifty big grin

LittleGilraen
i was talking about ur cousin who was shot. sad

Melkórë
Ah, thats okay.... cool
Happened a year ago, she's okay now! big grin
And safely in Canada, no less.

~*~Tassie~*~
And what's wrong about fighting for women's rights? In my eyes she's a hero.

and define prissy blink Where do you ever see Eowyn being prissy ??

Melkórë
I don't know.....she just bugs me.............
I mean, she goes fihting, and then her Uncle Theoden is killed.
Never happened before.

~*~Tassie~*~
Ouch! sad

LittleGilraen
eowyn is NOT prissy! if ur gonna call anybody at least a bit prissy it should be arwen. not that she's prissy. i like her. but she fits the title WAY better than eowyn. smile

~*~Tassie~*~
laughing out loud!

She fought for him as best as she could, everyone is going to die sometime. no expression

Could never be her doing.

Melkórë
The first one was barely a flesh wound.....
The second one was imbedded in her knee cap......

Yeah, she was shot with only a pistol both times, but still...... sad

LittleGilraen
oooooooo. sad

~*~Tassie~*~
damn.. could she walk properly after? messed

Melkórë
Yes, though it took a while.....she's fine, now.
And she's living with two other females!
Hah!
See how long that lasts!

LittleGilraen
ooo. sounds like a reality tv show. laughing

Melkórë
HAH!
Thats funny.....and a good idea......
*Copyrights idea, phones FOX and gets Reality TV show set up*
~By the way, she is not a lesbian......as far as I know..........~

~*~Tassie~*~
She's in much better hands, then, than if she were living with guys.. thank God

Melkórë
Hmm.....good point....
Or IS it?
Hahaha!

~*~Tassie~*~
i'm sexist winkiss

RaventheOnly
I liked the book version better because she's far more mysterious... but in the book its Merry who really kills the wraith. big grin

OrliNElijahsGrl
I really like eowyn, i see nothing wrong with her, shes a strong person that stood up for herself and went to battle, she was really really brave and wasnt afraid of anything, she stood and looked the witchking straight in the eyes and said "I am no man!" (in the books she says "I am no man, you look upon a woman) and stabbed him, thats awfully brave, if it was me, id be running away, eowyn's character showed that women too can be brave and fight, and i have so much respect for her, and she really is a inspiration, her character gave out a good meaning that woman too are strong and can be brave and cant be walked on, that we too have alot of strength and braveness in ourselves.

So what if she was crushing on Aragorn, she knew that he was with someone else and did back off, she didnt throw herself on him, she just stood by his side in sort of guidance and to lend a hand to a friend, and she did have feelings but she knew she couldnt be with him, yes she was hurt, but at least she stayed by his side as a friend

OrliNElijahsGrl
And as miranda stated it "she wanted to die in action and knowing that she was fighting in a battle, instead of waiting around and dying"

Melkórë
BLeh.

OrliNElijahsGrl
Im takin it that u dont like her?

Melkórë
No, I love her.
droolio

OrliNElijahsGrl
Lol then why did you go bleh?

Melkórë
droolio
Wha-whats that?
droolio

OrliNElijahsGrl
Lol you went bleh earlier, LOL

Melkórë
Ah, I'm just sick of that genre......first Xena, then Eowyn, now Guinivere.......
Now, back to buisiness....
drooliodrooliodroolio

OrliNElijahsGrl
Lol..hahaa, your funny

~*~Tassie~*~
happy

That's what I've been trying to say, but some guys are just too shallow to see past the looks roll eyes (sarcastic)

OrliNElijahsGrl
exactly tassie!!! they cant see past the looks! They need to see more in her character than just the looks, but her sense of strongness and bravery "i fear neither death nor pain"

Fayawyn
She is a poor soul who should be loved. Beside she gets Faramir and he rocks so its good. And Aragorn gets Arwen so thats good,and the witch Dies so thats good killed by *eowyn!!!* so I think we should all give ehr a big apllouse (sp?) Happy Dance

Fayawyn
*witch king... stupid typos....

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Eowyn I am, Eomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

eezy45
yes

OrliNElijahsGrl
*gives her a big applause* shes a brave brave character, and she kicks some major butt!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THREE CHEERS FOR EOWYN! HIP HIP

HORRAY!

HIP HIP

HORRAY!

HIP HIP

HORRRRRRRRRRRRAY!

shaber
They could have made a better casting choice than Miranda Otto!

Nienna
no expression

How so? blink

Kitoky
Dude Miranda was awesome as Eowyn...Never could've asked for better - and she's austrailian...who would you want? Nicole Kidman?

shaber
They should have picked someone young and photogenic.

eezy45
she was great yes

Fëanor
omg!!! no way...miranda otto is hot!!! she was perfect as eowyn...strong yet so full of tragedy

shaber
Wasn't Eowyn supposed to be in her early twenties or younger?

OrliNElijahsGrl
Miranda was PERFECT for the role of Eowyn, I could not see anyone else playing Eowyn as good as Miranda did, she really brought the character to life and she just fit that character so much and she did such a excellent job!

shaber
"... as well as Miranfa did. She is a generation older than Eowyn and it would have helped to have a stable cranium!

Fayawyn
hmmmm, personally i think she could have been a little prettier but she is an amazing actress and gives people like me hope that ypu don't have to look like you've had plastic surgeery to be a great actress!

eezy45
yesyes

Miranda was perfect for Eowyn.... I imagined Eowyn really nearly the same eek!

Discos
nothings wrong with eowyn, I think some people dont like her because PJ made it out to be that Eowyn was trying to take over Arwen's love to aragorn....

shes great, you think she wouldnt amount to anything but she killed the fricking withcking....WITCHY!

immortal_sim
eowyn is wikid, shes my fav. character in it!!!! she is so much better than arwen who doesnt even do anythin!!! and eowyn is very pretty!!!

BackFire
She smells like cheese and rotten bannanas.

LittleGilraen
HEY!! EOWYN RULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

Phoenix Song
And exactly why? no expression

Because she isn't so totally hotttt! eek! like Liv! roll eyes (sarcastic)

LIL GIL!!!!!!!!!!! eek! hug

ladygrim
rrrite

Phoenix Song
Why do you always say that? cry

ladygrim
dunno....sad but i was saying it to the bananas thing not urs

Fayawyn
the fact you've smelt her kinda freaks me outnbut if your gonna comment why don't you gove a reason?

Phoenix Song
okie big grin I feels much better ^^

@Fayawyn, BackFire hasn't smelled her no2

Daredevil-04
shes nice whoever thinks she isnt are weird

Phoenix Song
I think she's brave, and in her worse qualities, alot like me yes yes

ladygrim
me too she has courage doesnt like to be led she wants to be her own person.... not wot someone else makes her.....
if u understand

Fayawyn
Liv and Miranda are diffrent, just like their characters. neither smells weird or is horrible, that is my opinion smart bunny

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>