wierd al yankovich

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadow link
put your hand up if u absolutely love wierd al yankovich's songs

and is his new album up to standard with his other ones ( ive only memorised running with scissors)

shadow link
and i love it

should i get his new one and how good are his old albums

are they consistantly good, getting worse, getting better

coz i havnt herd them

lil bitchiness
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/clap.gif hahahahaaa...amazing! Absoulutely genious...
''if god smoke canabis'' LOL!!
I luuuuuuuurve it! big grin

shadow link
how much have u herd of his old stuff and if so how does it compare

alic88
i love FAT and EAT IT

BackFire349
yeah he's funny smile

lil bitchiness
ooh..i havent heard a lot of old stuff...i kinda heard random stuff by him....what should i check out?

zionette
he is THE best song writer EVER!!!!!!!!! his songs rule-they're so funny! Happy Dance rock thumb up yes Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

shadow link
i dont know wat u should check out coz ive only herd his new stuff

can someone tell me if there is anyone who has herd his old stuff so they can tell me how his 2 new albums are comapred to the rest

shadow link
and yes he is the best songwriter

Driew_La_27
Hello everyone. My name is Driew_La_27 and I'm a crazed Weird Al Fan. I'm currently a member of a forum called World of Weird Al Yankovic. Their address http://www.weirdalforum.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

If you are a true Al Fan, and you don't know much about him, I'd suggest going there.

First off you guy's spelled his name wrong. It's Weird Al Yankvic NO H! Just thought I'd let you know.

Second. Al has produced 11 ALbums. They are:

Weird Al Yankovic
In-3-D
Dare to Be Stupid
Polka Party
UFH Soundtrack
Even Worse
Off the Deep End
Alapalooza
Bad Hair Day
Running With Scissors
and finally Poodle Hat

For information about his songs I'd suggest checking out http://www.alsongs.com
And for all the information about Al himself check out his website that is run by his very own drummer Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz. It's http://www.weirdal.com
So I highly suggest going to the forum. You'll find all the information that you'll need about the VERY talneted guy Weird AL Yankovic. My screen name there is also Driew_La_27

Darth Revan
First of all, it's YankoVIC not yankovich... Hate it when people say that...

Anyways, he rocks. I know every song on "Running With Scissors" by memory.

Darth Revan
I have a DVD with all his music videos on it, most of which are old. Definitely worth getting. Once you've seen the videos, the music isn't the same without them. They're funny as hell, especially "Fat".

SlipknoT
Amish paradise laughing I love that song

Darth Revan
The "Smells Like Nirvana" video is so f***in funny... I feel bad cos he's making fun of Kurt Cobain but jesus it's so funny...

Kevbo1987
Well, the song was written before Kurt died, so you shouldn't feel bad.

Myth
Anybody seen the movie UHF? I own it. It is so freakin funny. Weird Al should make more movies like that.

dragonpisces272
man I love weird Al laughing I remember that song where he did a parody of all the other songs and I hecka laughed my ass off lol...

shadow link
gee theres a big gap in the replies, there was a post made in november last year and then 4 posts made today. yeah i have seen some of his videos but not in full, and since then i have herd poodle hat and i reckon its just as good as running with scissors, its just lacking the wierdier wierdness (if thats possible) like in albaquerquie, like with the weasels and the blood and all that instead of just parodying parts of life like the trash or ebay.

Darth Revan
Albequerque is one of the funniest songs EVER. So is the Weird Al Show Theme. I've read a few songs off Poodle Hat and they were good 'specially the Avril Lavigne parody yes

shadow link
yeah there funny and very clever, like the musci better on poodle hat, the quality of the actual song is better not just the lyrics. my friend bought the greats hits volume something with smells like nervana on it and its mot that good, theres too much tiolet humor and the songs dont sound very good

VilleValo462
yup

Driew_La_27
It sounds like you have The Ultimate Video Collection.

Only about 27,000 times. BTW, if you don't know, 27 is Weird Al's favorite number. wink

I highly suggest checking out http://www.weirdalforum.com/forum/index.php?act=idx. Weird Al's drummer is a member there and he posts a lot too!

VilleValo462
i never seen it sad

Driew_La_27
Um, go out and buy it. You can either order it amazon.com or your local store. wink

VilleValo462
i will try to ..

Jeff_Atello
I saw it in my Media class. It was pretty good, but nothing compared to his songs. He such a great parody artist and lyricist that if he actually had his own band and wrote only his own stuff, I think he could be huge.

Driew_La_27
huh

If you're talking about Weird L Yankovic then you are COMPLETELY misunderstood. Al has his own band that's been with him for 20+ years AND he writes ALL of his music.

Darth Revan
I think he means like non-parody stuff

Cinemaddiction
He's got plenty of non parody works, 1/2 his albums are original tracks?
One of my favorites is "Truck Driving Song".

..and if you don't own "UHF", crap in a hat, man. Run out to Wal Mart, it's $9.88, and one of the best investments you could ever make.

Me and Alfred have a special connection, we share the same birthday, October 23rd. big grin

Driew_La_27
Well if he means that then every ALbum that Al has done is half parodies half original. So he's still incorrect.

Jeff_Atello
Maybe 3/4 Parodies, which are his best work, anyway. But I'm saying that if he actually wrote nothing but his own stuff...no parodies...then he could be huge.

shadow link
its not the content of the song but also the quality of the song, as in like how good it sounds, if its catchy, it might be smart lyrics but borring, thats one thing i like better about poodle hat

Jackie Malfoy
I like the song that he sings which is called "The Night Santa went crazy!'I never heard his star wars song yet.Anyone know the name of that?
It goes something like this "Will be later become Vador but now a small fry!"If I know the title of the cd I could get it.Anyone care to help me.JM

Bierbommetje
The Saga Begins off of Running with Scissors

Weird Al is cool btw smile

MarioX
Originally posted by shadow link

and is his new album up to standard with his other ones ( ive only memorised running with scissors) dude its weird al yankovic. learn to spell for **** sake

Nay sayer
Eat it is definately my favorite actually it's tied with 'Like a surgeon' that cracked me up big time. If you like spoofs check out ditty-o.com it might be up your alley. Hey, I heard that Big AL and Coolio had problems over the Amish song. I guess Coolio didnt know that he was doing it or whatever- I dont know who has the rights to the song-probably the production company. Anywho- Al rawks

JacopeX
Originally posted by shadow link

and is his new album up to standard with his other ones ( ive only memorised running with scissors)

That guy was funny. When he made amish paradise, I laughed my ass off when i saw it 3 months ago. I have the song gangstas paradise in my Xbox. I gotta get the amish one. I like the video too.

~Da Rev~
If you haven't heard the new Weird Al song "You're Pitiful" after James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" i suggest you go to Weird Al's myspace and listen too it.

rickyduck
Originally posted by alic88
i love FAT and EAT IT

They own...

and so does smells like nirvana, whole lotta lunch, Jerry Springer show, rice rice baby and every other 1

And Dirty deeds done with sheep

Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
If you haven't heard the new Weird Al song "You're Pitiful" after James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" i suggest you go to Weird Al's myspace and listen too it.

owned stick out tongue

windwhisper1970
If you all would pay attention to Weird Al's site. There is a space where he answers peoples questions. And this is on of them:
"Unfortunately, there are many "funny" songs floating around the Internet being attributed to me which are, in fact, NOT by me. "Barney's On Fire," "I Ran Over The Taco Bell Dog," "Weenie In A Bottle," "I'm A Wigga," "The Beer Song," "The Devil Went Down To Jamaica," "Elmo's Got A Gun," "Which Backstreet Boy Is Gay," "What If God Smoked Cannabis" (the list goes on and on)... these are NOT my songs. All of my material is fairly family-friendly, so if you hear one of "my" songs and the lyrics are vulgar or obscene... well, that's an excellent clue that it's not really one of my songs. Hope I've cleared that up. Oh, while you're at it... stop stealing my stuff off the Internet, you hooligan! "

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.