lord of the rings, we love you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
I cant believe how brill lotr, fine actors (very fine in orli and elijahs case lol).

what has everyone got against frodo, he is very strong, okay so the ring is getting to him, just look how far he has come with it though?

Why does everyone hate gimli, gimli is so kool!

Why the hell was theodin the king having an identity crisis, for god sakes "is this it saruman" what is he on about, they have to retreit, and he doesn't fight because as soon as he draws he gets stabbed lol lol lol lol, come on guys answer these please.

p.s has anyone got the reason for aniron the name?

aniron
u can answer anytime lol

fini
who hates gimli???........i dont
and i dont mind Frodo.....he shows how easily someone can be corrupted by the ring. Without frodo we will never see the caring part of gandalf.......when faramir brought news of frodo gandalf was nearly losing his mind while asking questions

and theoden was possessed by saruman......but worse was denethor

AND finally .....god bless JRR Tolkien's soul......the gave us something to gleefully obsess about

aniron
I'm on about theodin in helms deep not when hes possesd by saruman, thanx for ur answers lets see if anyone else can try too, and u missed out the p.s question lol

johnnys#1 fan
evryone should love LOTR its the best movie ever and of course book! I just know why ppl hate eowyn whats wrong with her... nothin I think shes prefact for aragorn anyways back on topic! I think Elijah Wood is the hottest in LOTR and Viggo!!!

Orli'sElf7
hahah johnney's #1 fan i TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!! but i luv orli more lol viggos cool too hehehe love

aniron
ok stick to the topic ppl, there are other threads for ur answers lol

billyboyd4ever
ACTUALLY, gandalf is very caring w/pippin in the books after pippin looks into the palanitr i think he gets nicer and more caring when hes gandlaf the white...anyways

aniron
I have to agree gandalf is a little hard on pippin, and pippin is so cute you wouldnt be able to stay mad at him lol

muse5
i was so insulted today, one of my friends said that orli wasn't a good actor in lotr.... he was awesome, then someone said that lotr was the worst movie they had ever seen... i wanted to cry, i've had a bad day... i need a hug! i like this thread

CandyKoRn
He's not a bad actor...

But, I dunno how to put it into words...

He seems to try "too" hard.. y'know?

Doesn't really "become" the char's he plays...

You can tell it's all put on..

I don't deny he's a good actor.. just not one of the best.. The reason he is so huge in hollywood atm, is because of all the girls(like us) who fancy the pants off his ass..

Orli'sElf7
orlando bloom is NOT a bad actor...i mean like the character of legolas is supposed to be fair, handsome, agile, ...i think he filled into that part pretty well mates!!

CandyKoRn
Exactly "Fair, Handsome etc..."

It's like you don't concentrate on how well he acts, it's all covered up with his fine looks..

*thinks of his gorgeousness*
*droolz*

Orli'sElf7
hehehehehe love it candyKoRn

aniron
well he did just come out of uni it was his first movie and he did really well

turin
well my eyes arent tainted by his appearence and despite how well he "looked" the part, his acting was very suspect. like someone said earlier, he just tried way to hard in some scenes. you cant compare his acting to the likes of sean bean or ian mckellen. i felt the same way about him in POTC.

CandyKoRn
still no excuse, There are actors out there who are alot younger than he is.. who show more charisma..

Phoenix
this is all news to me... who hates them all?

billyboyd4ever
yea...i hope you were exaggerating...

ps: to the whole orli being abad actor thing...i think hes not great, like not oscar winning or whatever, but hes not like bad enough to be frowned upon in hollywood....i say hes somewhere in the middle on "the acting scale." thats all ill say until i see some more films...especially w/him doing a diff. kind of role

Phoenix
Orlando is an up and coming actor. he certainly has the talent, but just not the EXPERIENCE. I'm sure that, in a few years, he will be up with the all time greats!

CandyKoRn
When his looks have all dissapeared, I'm not sure he'll be as popular..

billyboyd4ever
well he mite be like johnny....hehe where it takes a VERY long time for looks to disappear...who knos

CandyKoRn
I think it's partly because of his bloodline, why johnny looks so good.

part native indian (cherokee)

billyboyd4ever
hahahahahhahahahahhahah laughing out loud

CandyKoRn
wasso funny?

hrh_jennifer
Going back to the original questions, I don't hate anybody in LOTR, I think Theoden has an identity crisis because he's only just got out of Saruman's grip and he's now got all of Rohan trapped in a mountain about to be attacked by a army the size of which could barely be comprehended, he's having a bit of trouble getting to grips with the fact that he alone, is about to lead his people against this army and probably to their deaths, so the whole "who am I?" is more "who am I to be leading these men to their doom" That's what I think anyway. Maybe in the extended version Theoden will actually get to do some fighting b4 he gets wounded!
As for the P.S. bit, I'm guessing you chose aniron for your name because it means desire (I think, at least the translation for the Enya line Ai aniron Undomiel is I desire Evenstar) Is that what you meant?

aniron
well doen, you are the closest to the name question, it is actually the theme for aragorn and arwen.

muse5
i totally agree with you, mostly all of the actors in lotr are extremely experienced, i think that he did pretty well for having next to none

OrliNElijahsGrl
Im new, and i saw this topic and will like to speak my peace since after all im a huge lord of the rings fan, and a HUGE orlando fan!

Now i think orlando is a AMAZING actor, alot of you think he tries too hard in his movies, but that is what makes him amazing, he puts his all into his characters, hes a VERY strong actor, and works hard! As legolas...hes downright smashing and amazing and portayed the legolas character amazingly, when he played will turner on pirates of the caribbean, he amazed me, he was frickin great, and portrayed the will turner character AMAZINGLY, he was incredible *swoons*

I also think orlando is ADORABLE and SEXY and FANTASTIC, i mean...the man is gorgous!!!! *falls over again* and hes amazing in his movies!!

Hes soo GREAT!!! *sings the pirates song*

aniron
hey, this isnt an orli thread, I love him too, but can he not come into the subject once!

billyboyd4ever
THANK YOU!!!

fini
woohooo u tell em

OrliNElijahsGrl
i know its not a orli thread, but MY GOD, its not a big deal to mention him, AFTER ALL...THIS IS A LORD OF THE RINGS THREAD and orli is apart of the lord of the rings as legolas, SO IT DOESNT KILL TO MENTION HIM!

Like i said..i wanted to speak my peace and im entitled to that, you got to respect my opinions, and like i said...its a lord of the rings fan, so mentioning orlando is FINE...since after all he IS legolas

and THAT is what i call.....CLOSURE!

lmao

OrliNElijahsGrl
*its a lord of the rings fan* I MADE A ERROR...

IT SHOULD BE its a lord of the rings thread

LMAO

aniron
yes, but go and express your orlando opinion in an orlando thread, I understand that you are knew, but I bet you that in everysingle thread someone is talking about Orli and his looks instead of lord of the rings the end!

OrliNElijahsGrl
riiiiiiiiight, well for one thing its new, NOt knew, two...WHO CARES if orli is mentioned..like i said its related to lord of the rings, hes in it as legolas, and im allowed to say hes amazing as legolas in lord of the rings

THE END

and thats what i call....CLOSURE

lmao

billyboyd4ever
um we care because every normal lotr thread turns into an orli thread, and we want to prevent that from happening again...

OrliNElijahsGrl
OKAY OKAY fine...ill try not to mention orlando in every thread even tho hes on my mind 24/7, ill TRY not to mention him in every thread, i just dont want to fight and i needed to speak my peace

hehehe

Orli'sElf7
hahaha (amen OrliNElijahsGrl!!! lol)....hehehehe......well ill contain myself and go into an orli thread lol.....leaves...laughing out loud

aniron
hey don't try and make out that we aren't orli fans (Im his fiancee lol) but I did a thread about music and it turned into and orli thread and it p***ed me off because although I love him, there isn't much else to say apart from the same thing over and over
and whats with you going on about my spelling? I'm a fast typer I only go 1 letter wrong not a whole line like you (and Iquote):
"lord of the rings thread" but u put "lord of the rings fan"
so why don't you back off and get over it alright
now thats what I call C-L-O-S-U-R-E.

now shut up and lets talk about my thread on the subject it is supposed to be on!

Exa
Yes *love LoTR*

But thats a bit strange as I am no Sauronist :P so "lordoftheringsfan" is perhaps not the right word big grin

I "hate" none of the actors but there are some i like more and some i like less smile

aniron
what r u talking about?

muse5
i'm confused... hey what else is new?!

aniron
lol, a-n-y way lets carry on with the subject.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.