Queeq's Barber Shop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keokiswahine
Queeq, Shoe seeks us. He has fallen into disillusionment and dispair, for he misses the old barbershop and Blue Milk Cafe, as we all have. Is it not time to reopen the Barber Shop, this time in a new location, right here? Haven't we all reached out and stretched our restless spirits to new horizons?

Dimmy, where are those new products you were creating when the dark times fell upon us, when the gauntlet was thrown down, and the hassles appeared to have destroyed the old barber shop? It is time to bring all those wonderful products back out.

If you decide this is not the planet in the great out there to reopen the barber shop, there is another place that I frequent where hairied ones could abide in peace. Dimmy knows where this cave is. smokin'

queeq
Well, my social thread cycle started with the All New Blue Milk cafe, but we are now practising the art of choatometry and mahemonolgy around here.

I don't think I can pursue my hairy activities here, my beloved fellow users will start thinking strange things about me. Now I am greatly respected here, they all truly loev and adore me here and I have a rep to protect. Don't know if beards fit that description.

keokiswahine
my beloved chaos, the others will grow and ascend to our level here, for you have always inspired those around you to rise above the masses as well as work your magical chaos over them. big grin

If you feel strongly about it, please feel free to close it. You know me, I am always
confused

ratcat
Can't Shoe join us????

Jameous Woodshire
I know not of Shoe, but I do need a haircut as I have a wedding to shoot this weekend and I havent cut my hair in over a month.

I also have a Goatee that needs a trim, but I will do that my self wink

keokiswahine
ah, Jameous, Chaos here is the master barber. He is strong in the spirit and his talents are reknowned throughout the galaxy. Your goatee will never be the same; your hair will shine like the glint off the lion's incisor after Chaos has coiffed it with Dimmy's blue milk hair products she's created.

Jameous Woodshire
That should be fine as I am a Leo. Good guess.

ratcat
Indeed. Sounds dangerous to me.

keokiswahine
Chaos reigns big grin big grin big grin

ratcat
Seems like confusion has faltered....

razman
What is this Beard thing you talk of?

queeq
Well, keo, Dim and I were once involved in developing a great theory, uncovering GL's secret agenda to have good guys wearing beards. It also involves food.

In short the theory says this:

Beard = good
Eat food = you die.

For a more extensive look at this theory I will refer to this address: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1135270&page=1

It was elected cool thread by TF.N.

Enjoy and feel free to join us by growing a beard.

ratcat
Yes, it is a surreal world they live in. Sadly, my beard is not man enough for the job I feel.

queeq
Through the Force your beard will grow.

Gundark
I don't have a beard and darn glad of it.

ratcat
I am a little worried that Keo and Dim have beards though, but then on second thoughts..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

razman
Don't you just hate sarcy comments.

ratcat
No, I love em.... SPecially when there's just a lil bit of reality in there too. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
It's not a.... razor cut, is it, sir?

BTW, Queeq, done anything about the Christopher Lee problem yet?

ratcat
Share please.... Well, I'm nosey, what can I say... cool

Ushgarak
Well, it looks like Count Dooku is going to knacker the beard theory, doesn't it?

ratcat
Isn't the current theory that he is p[retending to be good, therefore he needs to have a beard..... big grin

Ushgarak
Yeah, but once they are so on the defensive hope is starting to fade...

ratcat
Sorry? I don't understand....

Ushgarak
They can justify it, but the fact remains that the basic theory is shot... GL has betrayed the bearded cause...

ratcat
OK, still VERY confused.....

queeq
No, Confusion rises to the occasion.

JW, I do not do real haircuts, that goes against the very essence of the Beard. I do a nice trim though, so you won't look like a hobo.

Jameous Woodshire
The way I see it is that he (Dooku) is pretending to be good, so yes, he should have a beard.

I do check out the JC but I dont think I ever posted in that thread... Dont know why.

Here's a question, Luke eats and dosent die, and He never grows a beard. Does he not know the rules or what?

keokiswahine
Luke is the chosen one, the heir to his father's gifts, the midichlorians. He was tempted by the dark side to "save" his friends in ESB, remember, and disrupted the balance further, sending Han to be frozen. Yet, he is still the youngster, though strong in the force he is.

Jameous Woodshire
Han would have been frozen anyway. Yoda said so, If luke didnt show up, they would have still frozen Han.

ratcat
Luke IS NOT the chosen one. George Lucas confirmed months ago that the Chosen One is 100% definately Anakin....

Rant over...

Ushgarak
Blimey, more Luke is the One propagandists eh, RC?

I'm afraid by that Dooku theory Palpatine should have a beard. The whole thing is shot to heck. Dooku was desinged as a bad guy from the ground up, and beared they wanted him.

Bad guys for beards! Go! Go!

ratcat
Maybe it is an artificial beard?

Ushgarak
Now THAT would be classic...

ratcat
Better idea, how about a CGI beard?

Ushgarak
Why not go the whole hog? CGI face, like those falsies in MI:2. He could pull the mask away at the end to reveal... Darth Maul!

And everyone will ask why the spikes didn't show through...

queeq
Okay an update from the Elect Arch of the Food and Beard Theory i.e. me.

For the Beardi this is old stuff, but for the novices here, pay attention.

1. Dooku.
There are two sides to this. We know he is Darth Tyranus and therefor evil. So that seems a contradiction to the Beard theory.
However, there are a few things that need to be said. The beard thing is a rule and Dooku might be the very exception that CONFIRMS the rule.
Second, GL is applying a variant to the Beard theory. He gives the bad guy a beard, MAKING us BELIEVE Dooku is good. Yet at the end of EpII we are all supposed to be shocked that he is evil. In fact, GL was initially looking for someone with a less obvious evil to him. Also McCallum stated that the relevation that Dooku was Tyranus was to be shocking.
Third, only episode III will reveal what happens to Dooku, since rumours suggest he will survive Ep 2.

So far the theory stands. IMHO OC. Without it the Dooku thing would be a repetition to Maul which is lame. BTW, Maul is very bald.

2. Luke's eating habits
Luke does not survive because of his special status. In fact in ANH we do not see him eat at all. He is at the table, plays with his food but doesn't eat. He drinks Blue Milk which causes us to believe Blue Milk is exempt to the Food theory. His aunt and uncle eat during that meal and we know what happened to them.
In ESB we see him nibble on those galactic twix things the Rebellion supplied him with, but Yoda made very clear that was not worthy to be called food. We never see Luke eat any of the rootleaf Yoda eats. Yoda seems to like it though and consequently dies in ROTJ.

For the sceptic novices among you, you may find this theory is well founded.

Ushgarak
Just how much are we supposed to think Dooku is a good guy? This is CHRISTOPHER LEE here! I'm afraid the moment Lee was cast any pretence of goodness was put aside...

I offer my condolences, Queeq, but whatever fire once powered the beard idea you speak of is long extinguished... it never should have been, and should be left to die...

queeq
INFEDEL!!!

We'll live forever. And as for Dooky potentially being good, I once thought/hoped Dooku was bad in Epo2 but turned out to be someone disappointed in the sluggish Jedi Council. And that disappoitment might prove right by the sluggishness causing the purge. It was just a thought.

ratcat
Hmmm, the beard is strong in this one...

keokiswahine
Queeq has picked up the pace and leadership when our original leader, I-Am-Not-A-Gun, left for parts unknown in the great out there and has not returned in many a moon.

There were many discussions and events at the old barber shop, where the knights met to discuss the beardiness of it all. smokin'

ratcat
Yet recently there does seem to appear the evil smell of descention... sad

razman
What about Obi-Wan in Ep1? Why didn't Lucas give him a beard?
Is he on the verge to the Dark Side?

queeq
Of course. Well, in TPM he was. He was very rude to what he considered 'lower life forms' like Anakin and Jar-Jar. He was obstinate towards QGJ. All in all, not a very positive guy. It took QGJ's death to make him good, hence the Beard in Ep2.

ratcat
It's... it's... it's... just so darn clever... eek!

keokiswahine
Truth is not clever; truth is the light, and the beardiness of it all. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dim
Oooh..and the braid..that show the prospect for goodness!!

Ush, you should mess with the Beardi..we're almost a year old now..ancient by board terms. laughing out loud

ratcat
I'm still a little worried that Dim and Keo have beards, well kinda worried anyway. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Dim
Oh hush RC!!..Beardi knightresses have long hair..and keo has a fake beard

ratcat
Shave every day, boy I must be REALLY evil... evil face

razman
Why didn't Luke or Solo have a beard in the OT? Does the theory explain that?

ratcat
Yeah! Why??? laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I think you'll find it is not good guys MUST have beards, it is bearded guys MUST be good... besides, it's only a guideline.

Still massively flawed, though... Only a bit of fun, but still nonsense...

BTW- Sebulba eats and doesn't die.

ratcat
Yet.....

Ushgarak
Killing of Sebulba unlikely...

Mind you, I think they are better off dumping the food theory for the PT.

razman
I remember Jar-Jar eating....maybe he gets killed in Ep3!

Ushgarak
Seriously, SO many people will die in the PT that any causal link will be useless...

ratcat
Well, we did see that slect image that looked like a big canteen.....

Gundark
Unfortunately, Mayhem does not concur with these theories. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
You don't agree witb Queeq? HAHAHAHA!!!

ratcat
A surprise to be sure?!?!?!

queeq
I am certina Sebulba will die violently in a podrace. That's is beyond doubt.
Jar-Jar will also die. As Ush once cleverly noticed is that all characters from the PT will die eventually. Hehehehehe, a little nasty, yet supportive of the Food theory. But we're all still hoping Anakin will kill Jar-Jar.

And Gundy didn't believe in me before. Since she turned once, so will she again.

ratcat
All characters from the PT will die.... Not such a stunning revelation as you might think...

queeq
Yes, well it suits me. big grin

Anyway, these things are all still speculation. I can't answer most of these questions before EpIII is released. Until then the theory stands!

Gundark
Well lets face it...if chaos and mayhem didn't disagree occasionally, there wouldn't be make-up fun in the closet ! evil face

queeq
big grin

ratcat
You sick, sick, people....

queeq
But... but.... WHY??????

Gundark
(Checks temperature) Not sick. rolling on floor laughing

ratcat
Ok, sic, sic, sic....

queeq
Oooooh, playing the classic scholar now, eh? Off to play the grand piano.

ratcat
tinkle, tinkle, tinkle.....

Ushgarak
Umm... that everyone dies in the PT doesn't really support the food theory... you may as well say everyone who BREATHES dies...

Actually, the more you look at it, the more the Beard theory looks like a CLASSIC thing. There must br a different rule fo the PT

queeq
Different movie making strategy, not different rule.

Ushgarak
Well, if you're going to be CLEVER...

Gundark
Well you have to put yourself in George's shoes. You have to THINK like George. http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/contrib/owen/vader1.gif

queeq
Exactly. See, she's coming around. I knew it. big grin

Dim
Are you convinced yet Gundy?

Gundark
(Pulls levers on machines and scribbles notes in lab, talks to herself through stethescope) Hmmm...still analyzing data...... http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/cwm/cwm/silly.gif

Dim
*thows data out the window, grabs Gundy and shakes her*
YOU MUST BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEE!!!!!

queeq
*takes Gundy gently to the closet*

I will MAKE you believe. wink

Gundark
http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/contrib/blackeye/SHOCKED.gif

OKAY OKAY...I BELIEVE. (Picks up brains off floor) Hmmm...I could use these....

queeq
There's a good girl. Now let's have fun. *closes closet door*

Dim
Hey!, what are you two doing in there?

queeq
*sticks head out of the closet*
Can't tell, there might be children around. evil face

Dim
But..I wanna know.

ratcat
Just use you imagination. eek!

Gundark
Why, we're just making cupcakes of course. evil face

ratcat
Gimme, gimme, gimme! http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/realhappy/happyhappy.gif

queeq
Not these. evil face

Dim
Why?..what did you do to them?

queeq
I told you why I can't divulge too much of what goes on in here.

Dim
Ooh..THAT.

ratcat
Hrmph.... Don't want them anyway. http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/sad/xldepressed.gif

Gundark
If we told you what goes on in here, we'd have to kill you. Then eat you. BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHA. evil face

ratcat
Eaten by Gundy... I can't think of anyone I'd rather be eaten by... evil face eek! evil face

Dim
Hmmmm..should I comment?..I think not.

ratcat
That would be best. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Pfft. More I think like George, more nonsensical it seems.

ratcat
Huh???? confused confused

Ushgarak
Keep up, old chap...

ratcat
What is Pfft????

Ushgarak
A derogatory noise.

ratcat
OH, I see, one maybe associated with the expulsion of methane or other bodily gas?

Ushgarak
Ooo, no. Didn't mean to give that impression. It's a dismissive verbal noise.

Edna_witch

Ushgarak
Err... that's what I said, yeah.

queeq
How does one make verbal noise on a written comments forum?

Ushgarak
By writing it like this:

Pfft

queeq
*listens*
I hear nothing.

ratcat
So, you were being dismissive, that seems rather rude. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
And if so, what of it?

ratcat
Not you dummy, Ush. Nothing of it, just making sure we have this clear. I'd hate to see any more nit picking tonight... roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
I was just warming up to join the nitpicking game.

ratcat
Steps back and decides he's not touching THAT with a 10 foot pole....

queeq
Why does it have to be a 10 foot pole. Won't 9 suffice? Or maybe 11 is playing it more safely?

ratcat
uh-uh, no way, not gonna, nope!

queeq
What distance would be a minimum you'd say? I mean, you can save on wood to help the environment by using a shorter pole.
But perhaps it only gets really efficient when it's over 15 feet.

ratcat
*Silent*

queeq
Do you think two feet will do? Oh, perhaps not. My arms would still be able to reach you. How about four feet?

ratcat
*sigh*

keokiswahine
cupcakes???????? what kind of icing on top????????? any cherries, Queeq? What's Gundy baking??????? her buns???????

isn't 10 foot poles about the average length of whatever? confused

dunno, thought everyone was going to get food poisoning from dexter's deli. eek!

queeq
What Gundy's baking EXACTLY cannot leave the closet. Sorry, you all.

So, keo, there's a deeper symbolism beyon the length of 10 feet. Interesting. Maybe RC cares to comment?

Dim
Hmph..I feel cheated.

Maybe we should get RC an extention pole?..

queeq
Like a telescope thing?

But why? He already is "the man with the ten foot pole". Better watch yourself, ladies.

ratcat
Interesting, so Dim believes I need an extention... embarrasment

But what would I do with it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
That's what I was wondering too.

ratcat
I think I'd just keep it all to myself. big grin

queeq
eek! Carrot waxer. stick out tongue

ratcat
Huh? Ok, that's a scary image, what does it mean?

keokiswahine
you don't wanna know. eek! or do you? roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue confused evil face

ratcat
Go on.. roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! embarrasment

keokiswahine
The strength of your beard depends on where your spirit is, for hair is the essence of strength. For lack of hair on Luke and Han, perhaps the strength lies in the hair on their heads or perhaps their chests.

I hear Queeq is tempted to close the barber shop for going off topic. The barber shop is a symbol of the seat of the beardi knights meeting place, for a beardi temple would bring too much attention to the dark side. eek!

ratcat
Nope! I'm none the wiser... confused confused

Ushgarak
Blimey, Keo is pretty far gone. Little hope there...

Han, after all, is an inherently unhairy person- inm any sense of the word. That is somewhat the point.

ratcat
Well, by todays standards he had quite long hair in ANH. IMHO OC

Ushgarak
Oh yeah, but then so did nearly EVERYONE in the film... damn seventies... CONCEPTUALLY he was hairless, physically, relatively so.

ratcat
Huh??? OK, now where into conceptuals... HELP!

Ushgarak
It's how they work on that Beard thing. If I don't play their game, they accuse me of short-sightedness.

ratcat
Well I am about 65% blind in my left eye. Does that count?

keokiswahine
what does being partially blind or vision challenged have to do with hair? For lack of a visible beard or mustache, the other good guys had an abundance of hair on the head. The baldi side must've used Nair to retain their dark side. Ush, be careful, someone will rip your shirt off to check if you have a hairy chest or tatoos of the dark side imprinted on ya. eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Methinks poor Keo missed RC's point there... but then Keo's delusion in this area is very clear already...

ratcat
Nothing, he just said they would accuse us of short-sightedness....

BTW, it appears that the Shoeless One has registered in these parts....

keokiswahine
your short sighted ness has not diminished the long sighted ness of the hairiness theory or the food that kills hypothesis. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
Phew, had me worried for a moment there....

Ushgarak
Keo has still missed the point...

The fact that Luke DOES eat in ESB messes it up, though. And that Sebulba eats and almost certainly won't be seen again, still alive.

keokiswahine
I thought Luke didn't actually eat; he had blue milk, not food, wasn't it? Sebulba did crash, but he wasn't necessarily of the dark side, as mostly a crooked race driver. confused

Ushgarak
Luke ate the stew in ESB, he didn't just taste it as Queeq implies. And Sebulba defintively eats and survives.

keokiswahine
seb is not of the dark side; he's just a cheap crook.

I always though Luke diddled with his food, tasting it. Did he really eat? I'll hafta play it again, Sam. confused

Ushgarak
He etas, he chews... and the food thing isn't connected to ther Dark Side, from what I read. I've seen you guys apply it to Qui-Gon and Shmi. Some consistency would be nice...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>