C-3PO-How does he fit into the plot?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthBorgie
We all know that C-3PO makes a brief but insignificant(in my mind) cameo in TPM, but when will he become important? If Anakin travels back to Tatoonie, will he take 3PO with him? And how long do R2 and 3P0 have to interact with each other to become "Friends"? 3PO is in EPII, so whats his role?

btw, didn't Lucas say the whole STAR WARS saga was in the droids pt. of view?

UnknownBountyHunter
I don't think that his appearance is insignificant. I think its one of the most informative parts of the film if you ask me. It explains where the ingenius droid came from, and who his "maker" is. I don't understand or know where you got that remark about Lucas making the statement about it being through the eyes of the droids. I thought it was through Anakin's vision. Anyhow, about the droids (Artoo and Threepio) being Friends, I don't know if they were ever friends. Sure they looked after one another, but its apparent to me that everytime 3PO says "This is is all your fault" its not a sign of friendship. In Episode II I think that Anakin will come back to Tatooine and then (If Shmi hasn't finished him first), will take 3PO and his mom off the planet, after meeting up with Watto and possibly sabotaging/betting/black-mailing, etc. into getting her freed. I don't know why he would take 3PO and not his mother, he seemed awfully destined to rescue her again. I think 3PO will have a more signifact role in Ep. II of course as more of a "tour guide", "tutor", etc.

Boshuda
I read that too, Darth Borg..that the saga was seen through the 'eyes'(photo receptors?) of the droids. That is the reason the scenes showing Luke on Tatooine with the vaporators and his friends were cut..because it interupted the flow of the narrative.

COREWORLD
It is Episode IV:A New Hope, that is seen from the droids perspective, the way the saga is designed, each episode is told, to paraphrase Obi-Wan, 'from a certain point of view'. As TPM was told from the nine year old Anakin's point of view. I believe that Episode II is Obi-Wan's turn.

Darth Gehenna
Wait, Anakin wasn't in TPM until like half way through. I think it could be considered more of Qui-Gon's perspective, or maybe more of a general perspective.

Jmanghan
Indeed.

queeq
Messy it has become.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.