Picture of Zereil, myself, and friends

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Ok, folks, as several of you have requested; RC kindly hosted this pic for me, taken several years back around Christmas.

I am near the centre in the green C&C: Red Alert t-shirt (natch), and Ben (Zereil) is on the far left.

http://www.btinternet.com/~episode2uk/friends.jpg

finti
or you could say ,Ush, you are the only one in t-shirt big grin
Study buddies and a mascot?

ratcat
Nice jacket Zereil, which member of Bucks Fizz did you swipe it from. laughing out loud

Pikachu
That's cruel!!!

finti
"I hear the secret that you keep...when you talkingin your sleep" laughing out loud

Ushgarak
It must be said that I don't think anyone was happy with the way they looked in that photo; Zereil, I am sure, will be ohrrified to see that I posted it?

Study buddies? Well, I was still at school at the time but only in the very technical sense; most of the others had moved onto Uni by then but not Ben, who was in the year I moved down to, not little genius Joe in the front, of course, and not my brother on the far right who was just polishing off his Masters at the time, I think.

Jameous Woodshire
There arent many pics of me in high school, but if I could find one I think I could be nominated for geek of the year. eek!

So dont be that horrified, we all have our skeletons. wink

keokiswahine
neat pic, ush; thanks. big grin

keokiswahine
I didn't think you looked geeky. Did you think you looked geeky?

Dim
Funny..Ze is EXACTLY the way I imagined.. laughing out loud

Jameous Woodshire
I dont play guitar. What are you talking about confused stick out tongue laughing out loud smokin'

keokiswahine
confused confused roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! mad evil face

freeq
Thanks for the pic. Quite an....interesting group.

Zereil
I swear I look marginally better now and have better dress sense. That was not however a jacket but rather just a long sleeve black shirt with the cuffs folded up. Oh dear the past seems to be creeping up on us...we werent built for this...Although I must ask is this how you imagied us to have been even if that was 5 years ago.

ratcat
OK, 5 years ago. Hmmm. Well, in that case....

Zereil
in that case..?...

mechmoggy
Bucks Fizz, HA!

All I can imagine now is a follow on photo where they've all ripped off each others jumpers to reveal sequined leotards! laughing out loud

Is it me or did Bucks Fizz always rip off each others clothes at some point in the act?

Zereil
hmmm, well I'm 22 now...

ratcat
They still do!!! It's a trademark thing. They were on one of those "Where are they now?" shoes the other week. Theirs only one of the guys left and neither of the women but they still perform the same old show.

Zereil
Its a lie I swear I dont...oh..

freeq
And they insisted it was true.... sad

Dim
I'm soooooooo glad I missed the Buck Fizz trend.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

freeq
Too bad. big grin

Dim
Why are you smiling?

Gundark
Cool pic, Ush...thanks for posting it. Looks like a crew that knows how to have a good time.

ratcat
Um, I'd beg to differ on a point there.

laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Of all the many things I have heard Ben called over time, Bucks Fizz dress fan is not one of them. Meanwhile, Mechmoggy, never look at a photo of my friends again...

You could always post a better pic of yourslef, Zereil.

finti
RC dont like Pink Floyd but is keen on Buck Fizz laughing out loud laughing out loud they did so much for the music man I wonder if they have made up their mind yet big grin

Dim
What do you mean you beg to differ???? I don't even know who they are.

Ushgarak
That said, some of what they sing IS very appropriate for Ben...

ratcat
Thanks for putting words in my mouth Fintim appreciate it... roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
You are welcome RC.

finti
You are welcome RC.

ratcat
He meant it so much, he just had to say it twice...

Actually, as I have previously stated, my tastes are rather eclectic, but mainly around Dance, Garage and Pop with a good measure of Rock in there too.

Dim
Are you ignoring my question???

Ushgarak
Probably didn't read that far back.

Dim
Maybe

ratcat
OK, hands up anyone who actually understands the question...

Ushgarak
Hmm, and it was Dim who didn't understand what YOU said... this is a GREAT convo...

Dim
What did you beg to differ about?..

Ushgarak
This could go on for a while...

ratcat
You're right, it could go on forever....... big grin

Dim
*sigh*
Will someone pleeeeeeaase tell me...

Ushgarak
Who Buck's Fizz are? Two man/two girl combo from two decades back who made their name by winning the Eurovision Song Contest. Looked good and wore... not that much.

ratcat
But their tradmark was the girls ripping of the skirts. See, I knew you'd want to know, and you missed out on that.

Hence, I begged to differ. wink

Dim
Oh...gotcha...

But I'm not a guy, RC.. Ripped skirts don't do much for me laughing out loud

ratcat
Well it wasn't the watching so much as the just knowing.

So I was right, from a certain point of view... wink

Pikachu
If the two female band members had any kind of sex appeal it might have been exciting.

Ushgarak
Hey! One of them made Going Live! That's woman enough for ANYONE!

ratcat
Uh, ok, sure, whatever you like.

Ushgarak
Hey, not me, but there was virtually an entire generation of kids brought up on liking her. This brings us back to the age thing...

freeq
Still sane? laughing out loud

ratcat
I guess. Give me Maggie Philbin any day!!! laughing out loud

Ushgarak
God knows what the kids of today are liking...

ratcat
In that case I've never met an 18 year old bloke with any dress sense!!!!

freeq
Just check out MTV and you know.

finti
they love Jennifer Lopez, Britany"I am a fake"Spears, Christina Aguilera? See this is why I keep to VH-1 at least they play some decent music there. cool

freeq
Well, you're the Music Master.

ratcat
MTV Base for me thanks.

finti
explains a lot laughing out loud

freeq
Nasty, finti, nasty. laughing out loud

ratcat
Why does that explain a lot Finti?

mechmoggy
Eeeeiw, Cherly Baker never did nowt for me.

Now I always had a thing for Jane, from Rod,Jane & Freddy fame. The chic could sing dance AND she knew a guy who lived with two naked bears and a zippy looking chap. I'd even go as far to say that Rainbow went downhill after R,J & F left.

ratcat
Don't forget the gay hippo!

finti
Not to creative stuff played on MTV, most of the time. rolling on floor laughing

mechmoggy
Ooh thats right George was a big pink hippo, not a bear.

Ha! a pink gay hippo - no wonder I'm all messed up with a childhood watching that farce!

"Oooooh yes Jeffrey" laughing out loud

finti
RC you said you wouldnt listen to Pink Floyd, thus thats explains a lot post big grin

freeq
I must admit, against all better judgement, I like this Norwegian. big grin

But you're still nasty. laughing out loud

ratcat
I do appreciate the point you are trying to mae Finti, but doesn't that come down to a case of musical tastes?

As you will see from my "Soundtracks...." topic I do appreciate the enormity of some of the tracks and artists your are quoting.

freeq
Of course, RC. Never doubted you, RC.

ratcat
As it should be, but you lie.

finti
Thing is RC I am only teasing. Everyone is entitled to their own taste espescially when it comes to music. My taste lies in the years or decades gone by. And its a good thing a lot of people DONT chare my musical taste, makes it so much easier to get hold of the cd`s or download tracks on the net big grin
As for taste I guess it is MY taste and all the other WRONG taste`s out their. laughing out loud laughing out loud

freeq
That about sums it up. laughing out loud

Edna_witch
Hang on hang on. Going back to a point made by Ush ages ago, since when did one of buck's fizz make going live? That was Sarah green, not Cheryl Baker! Or did cheryl baker do it before Sarah green? I thought it was always Sarah green. Or was she in Bucks fizz? I didn't think she was. Please correct me if I am wrong. Although I am sure Ush will anyway!

freeq
*waiting for Ush*

Ushgarak
You may well have a good point there, Elle; they are very similar women. I am certainly no sure enough to commit.

freeq
Ush not sure? Is he feeling worse than usual?

Edna_witch
Ooh does this mean I may actually be right for once? They are not similar women though at all. Sarah green did going live. Cheryl Baker did record breakers.

Ushgarak
They LOOK the same and both did Kid's TV...

Edna_witch
They don't look the same at all. Cheryl Baker had mad blonde hair and Sarah green had straight almost white hair. Totally different! Plus one has gordon the gopher as a mascott and the other has Roy castle as a mascott!

ratcat
They were BOTH on Going Live I think, and at the same time too for a while.

Cheryl Baker did the OSB and Sarah Green was in the studio with Schofield and that dumb puppet.

mechmoggy
I thought Schofield was the dumb puppet?

ratcat
Nah, Philip Schofield was the presenter, you know the guy that did Dr. Dolittle in the West End. The puppet was Gorden the Gohpher.

It's just a puppet!!!

keokiswahine
confused confused confused *must be in the wrong country again*

ratcat
Sorry Keo, this was Saturday Morning kids TV in the UK.

Ushgarak
Thanks, RC. There you go, Edna. Though I would have thought you would have been more of a Live and Kicking girl...

Gundark
Don't feel bad, keo....I'm as lost as you are.

freeq
Maybe we can start a non-UK self-aid group.

mechmoggy
I think enough damage was done to the UK's youth without exporting: -

No.73
5-4-3-2-1
Live & Kicking

Image how us Brit's would be thought of then eh? Image the foreigners dismay at Nobby the Sheep - I think we should keep the crap in Britain.

ratcat
Don't forget the Multicoloured Swap Shop.

mechmoggy
Can't remember which show exactly but does anyone remember the one with a phone in to talk to five star. This bloke came on the phone and the presenter said, "Is there anything you'd like to ask 5*" and he replied, "yes, why are you so fu**ing crap!".
laughing out loud

Comedy genius.

freeq
confused

Pikachu
I remember that. The presenter was totally gobsmacked. I think it was Mike Reed (The DJ not the Eastenders actor).

Edna_witch
Live and kicking? Hey! I may be younger than you Ush but I'm not that young! I was a little old for saturday morning bratt programmes when that came around. I was definitely a Going Live person. And there was Gimme 5 on ITV aswell at about the same time.

ratcat
You mean you DON'T watch CDUK?

Gundark
Bugs Bunny. Bugs Bunny. Bugs Bunny.

ratcat
As you wish...
http://looneytunes.warnerbros.co.uk/stars_of_the_show/bugs_bunny/img/maintout_bugs.gif

freeq
Ah, the Carrot Character.

ratcat
Indeed.

Pikachu
All those carrots, help you see in the dark. Always useful under the bed covers. stick out tongue

ratcat
Nice save!

queeq
Okay well.... closing time.

ratcat
Um, scary mouse.

Ushgarak
Yeah, I'm always losing my remote control under there as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.