1 am (quite early) and online at a friend's!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supa
Hi crowd! In case you were missing me (bats eyelashes), I'm doing fine.. Can't wait to see the Cutty Sark on wednesday.. Life is good, hubby and me are spending our evenings hanging out at a friends', swapping movies, mp3's, videos, games etc etc.. And playing Counter Strike, and other link games smile

Home at 7-9 am, sleep until 3pm, and voila! you've turned the day upside down smile What a great way to spend a holiday.. aaaaaahhh...

Oh well, this was a status report, will go offline to play some more.. gonna do RPG tomorrow.. I love vacation! (did I make that clear?)

Lots of summery smiles,

Ushgarak
Someone having a good time? Not allowed! You will be hunted down and killed!

But before then, hope it continues to go well...

ratcat
I thought the Cutty Sark was in Greenwich or am I making a big mistake here? confused

Ushgarak
Thank God someone else said it. So did I.

Supa
The Cutty Sark, Tall Ships Races, is in Aalesund 18.7-21.7 2001 smile The city is counting on 50k visitors daily, which means it'll double in size those three days!

Yay, I love boats with huge masts! (ok ok ok ok, that ALMOST came out wrong, but I'm not gonna edit it after I wrote it like that!)

Ushgarak
So, we are talking about different boats here then...

ratcat
So, is it named after the ship at Greenwich, which is a tall mast ship.

Supa
Yeah, it's the name of the race, not of the singular boat in this case smile

ratcat
Comprehention dawns - Thanks Supa!

Supa
*takes a bow, enjoys a small amount of applause from one person in the crowd*

*dang it's hard to see off this stage and into the dark rows... Anyone out there?*

finti
well cutty sark is named after its sponsor cutty sark whiskey.

freeq
Huge masts, eh? big grin

ratcat
You're talking about the race now then?

finti
yes I am and its named after their sponsor the cutty sark whiskey.

ratcat
Who probably took the name from the big ship in dry dock at Greenwich.

Have we cleared that up now? It's so good to put the world to rights first thing in the morning.

finti
I guess they did at least its a picture of that ship on the label of the bottle.

freeq
Is this the beginning of the Cutty Sark battle? laughing out loud

ratcat
NOt at all. Actually Finti and I were just finishing up here....

freeq
Okay. *puts up closed sign*

ratcat
*Turns out lights.*

freeq
*locks door*

Gundark
One time I was at the drive-in and took a bite of a Flavo's shrimp roll that was real hot inside and I grabbed the soda from the guy next to me and it turned out to be 1/4 soda and 3/4 cutty sark whiskey.

Does anybody want to hear more ? Like what happened next or why I was at the drive-in that night with three guys and my parents didn't know ?

ratcat
BUt did you get laid........ out by all that drink?

Gundark
Is that a trick question ?

ratcat
*grin* wink

freeq
Rather an impolite question to ask a lady I'd say?

So, Gundy, better spill it. laughing out loud

ratcat
Did she spill it? I think she drunk it.

Pikachu
So she definately swallowed then?

finti
hmm nice subject you all talk about here evil face

ratcat
We are talking about cutty sark whiskey!!!

finti
I know eek! and you have to swallow to drink it roll eyes (sarcastic) evil face

ratcat
Not me, can't abide neat spirits of any kind.

queeq
Neat spirits? Here? All I see is you guys. laughing out loud

ratcat
*sigh*

ratcat
This could get messy.

queeq
WHAT?!

ratcat
*double sighs*

queeq
WHAAT?! WHAAAAAAAAT?!

ratcat
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
Well I just didn't expect the cup to have THAT much whiskey in it. The shrimp roll was hot, I was just trying to cool the burn in my throat.

It did start out as a legitimate date, though.

queeq
Yes. Sure.

ratcat
I had a similar experience with chillied octopus and ouzo when I was in greece a few years back. Looked like water, but sure didn't tatse like it. And I hate aniseed as well!

queeq
laughing out loud

Supa
I'm baaaack! Well, almost.. I'm still technically on holiday, but with internet access once more smile smile

I'll go read all the new posts once my eyes stop watering and I can stop yawning... past 3pm and I'm not awake yet....

queeq
We're not that sad and boring, are we? big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.