To be single or not to be single

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbadbike2
That is the question. Sometimes I think that I would like to be with someone sometimes I like being single. I do have a few girls I could date and I meet new people fairly often. So I no I could date, but I am trying to weigh both sides of the equation. Being single lets me race and hang with my friends without any hindrances or money. However if I find someone with similar interests I think it could be great fun.

What does those in the KMC world think. Would everyone rather be single or coupled. smile

h0ck3yh0rr0r
that is the question...hmmm well it depends if u like to be single or not. ur choice.

LanceWindu
I'd much rather be in a couple.

Being single sucks.

bigbadbike2
Any reasons behind that Lance.

LanceWindu
You easily get lonely, and you need companionship.

BackFire349
im enjoying singlhood right now, im young, i have the rest of my life to have a spouce, when your single you have nothing to worry about, and theres no chance of a broken heart.

bigbadbike2
Well put. I agree, otherwise I would have never started this thread. The only reason I am not perfectly happy being single is this. Without just basically needing that type of a relationship. Being single is great.

LanceWindu
I do agree about the broken heart thing.

bigbadbike2
What kinda sucks is when your driving 8 hours away to stay for a weekend and you have to go by yourself.

LanceWindu
I'd just like someone I could confide in 24/7.

yerssot
not to be single

Nivvy
I like being single, Being one half of a couple is great !! Yet, when everything ends... It's quite messy. It's also hard to Relinquish the left over feelings. It's an on going pain...

Besides, When you're single you can have those little Innocent Flirty Moments. And get the Butterlies and stuff when you Lock Gazes with a cute stranger n.n !!

Kes
Well after so long being single I guess I'd like to try the couple thing. But getting my heart broken is no good so single it will be stick out tongue lol I dont make any sense wacko

happy kine
i find it nice to be in the middle. i've been with this girl for a very long time and we are kinda together... she does her thing and i do mine... if we meet someone else we date them. i have not been truly single in a while. but for all practical purposes i'm single. its nice to have someone there... but its also nice not to be constrained.

Corran
I am quite enjoying my single life at the moment having been married for several years.
Lance you can still have friendship and companionship without being in a serious relationship, I have a few 'girlfriends' who I am able to go out with and spend time with but without the committment it means I am able to go out and enjoy myself, do what I want without any come back.

Just re-read what HappyKine said - that seems a to be quite a good solution too.

Gundark
I agree with Corran. You can have a very content single life and still go places and do things with the opposite sex. Or the same sex, if that's what you prefer.

I also enjoy doing certain things with members of my family. I always go to the movies with my brother because he and I like the same kind of films. I go to the beach with my sister every year and I always to the fair with my niece.

My brother always says being single means you can sit on the kitchen floor, naked, and eat spaghetti with your fingers. But its also nice to go out for spaghetti with someone else. And have some really good wine too. If you can be level-headed about it, you can be single and have a wide range of platonic relationships too.

Corran
Must try the sitting on the kitchen floor naked eating Spaghetti, do you think it'll work with Pizza?

happy kine
i was just sitting on the floor eating ribs last night... naked... the problem is if the rib falls in your lab you'll have to pick the pubes out.

but yes being single is great... as long as your getting some its totally the better way to go.

Gundark
You certainly have a way with words, Happy....

Yes, Corran, darling....it will work with pizza too. Just be careful of the drippy cheese....

Corran
sick

Gundark
Thats a lovely shade of pea soup you've become...

Corran
It's all your doing.

Gundark
Seems I'll have to get a different brush.

Corran
Or use the chocolate spread instead of the pesto.

yerssot
These places you go out to and eat spaghetti... you eat spaghetti there naked too?
eek!

Baylin
I prefer being in a relationship and it's not just because I dont have to go out and pull to get laid! They both have there pros and cons. I'm married, its my 2nd marriage and there are things I've enjoyed and hated about both. Then again being single I could do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted but occassionaly it's lonely.

Gundark
Single definitely has its ups and downs, no doubt about it.

happy kine
thats why i'm both in a relationship and not in a relationship. the girl i'm seeing has been my girl for about 10 years now... we have done what was said by many to be impossible.... we're best friends that have sex. if i want to go out to dinner or a movie i call her up. i do truly love this girl... but i also love another girl i know... in a different state that i've known since i was a kid... she lives in new jersey and i go there 2x a year and she visits me... when jersey visits my local girl just hangs out with her other friends... it has been like this for over a year and things are going smooth... i must say i really like my situation... if only it can last. they both know and are cool with each other but do not want to meet each other... i gots love to go around

LindsIsTightK
I used to think that being in a relationship was everything, like it would be wrong to be alone. But recently I have discovered that I much prefer being single. I'm able to do whatever I want, whenever I want and I don't have to worry about anyone in the process. It's just nice. Kind of selfish in a way, but it's still nice. smile

Kes
So you all say that you are able to do whatever you want whenever you want when your single. So when you were in a relationship you couldnt?
Aside from cheating on you bf or gf I dont see whats so restraining. But this is not my area.

yerssot
why not?
you make it sound like you aren't allowed to say anything here confused

BackFire349
also when your single, you dont have to worry about what they are doing, wondering if they're cheating on you as well.

LanceWindu
True.

Kes
yerss> Thats not what I mean. Forget.

bf> Well thats a sad way to see things messed

LanceWindu
As long as you're in a relationship where you completely trust each other you shouldn't have a problem.

BackFire349
the sadway is usually the truthfull way.

happy kine
so what if they cheat... you need to set a policy that its allowed. if allowed its not cheating... besides its greedy to keep your love to just one woman

Kes
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I hope condoms are a regular here.

LanceWindu
happy> But then you are monogamous.

BackFire349
.....according to you.

happy kine
well i don't really hook up with loads of women or even go out looking... but if it happens it happens... and its not too often that it happens. but if it does happen i don't have to worry about that crazy jealous crap that is totally irrational...

Kes
What does that have to do with condoms?

BackFire349
avoiding the issue he is.

LanceWindu
He's saying he doesn't need any, because he doesn't have what he said he'd like.

Kes
Carlitos> What?

LanceWindu
There's that name again! big grin

I confused myself Kes, nevermind.

Kes
lol

LanceWindu
I'll try to explain myself.

Happy says he doesn't need any condoms because he isn't getting the chicks he says that he would like.

happy kine
oh i need them... don't need any little kine running around... but i don't really need to use them too much because i don't really get a lot of sex. i'm not out there having (or even trying) to have sex with every girl i see..... just 2. monomogy is just not for me. if 2 people agree its for them thats fine... oh well nevermind... i can't really explain this to my friends either... i guess dating is good and single is good combine the both and its perfect... if you can handle it.

Kes
HK> what I meant is you get those 2 chick so you arent loyal. I'm guessing they arent either.See what I mean?

yerssot
hmm, getting close as in good friends, I fail to see the problem
getting close as in being more then just good friends... that's something else

LanceWindu
If he gets two chicks while I've never had one I get to shoot him, right?

yerssot
no, that's 5
2 is hanging wink

LanceWindu
So I get to hang him???

Cool! evil face

yerssot
yup, rules are rules...

LindsIsTightK
That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. If you can't be with just one woman, then you shouldn't be in a relationship. Either that or you just haven't found the right woman yet.

LanceWindu
What he's talking about is swinging.

I would never do that.

happy kine
the girl in jersey does date other guys. the one here in tampa can but doesn't. i'm not jealous. they have their own lives and so do i.

BackFire349
thus, its not a relationship. they are bang buddies, which is a completely different issue.

happy kine
i don't swing... and they are not bang buddies. i really love both of these women and enjoy their company.

BackFire349
but you arent in a relationship with either one, thus, they are bang buddies.

Ushgarak
Nothing wrong with an open relationship if the partners want one. People should not be hasty to judge.

Except with condoms... (shudders with thoughts of pure evil)

Kes
Nobody is judging. I think.

Ushgarak
Lindsay seemed a LITTLE judgmental, I think...

happy kine
hear hear... the tampa girl is cool with it... i will say if the jersey girl moved to tampa i'd stop having sex with the tampa girl. the tampa girl i will be friends with for life and the jersey girl i've been in love with since i was 10 years old. but the situation dictates what i do. and i always wear a condom... last thing i need to an itchy crotch or a little kid running around......

Baylin
Another girl's stolen my heart but my wife doesnt mind....

Kes
big grin How is she?

The Omega

ChinaNiki
personally i like singlehood
it made it so easy to just pack up and come to China
and i too like doing what i want, when i want
i find that waiting on other people just makes things take longer or what you wish to do will never get done

Gundark
If you don't have to take a lot of crap from the other half, then 'relationship' is okay. But if its nothing but crap, then 'single' is much better.

At 20, it was all about 'him'.

Now, at 40, its more 'me, myself and I. And my dogs'.

CandyKoRn
I'm not Single...

I'm engaged to Johnny Depp.. and My bf is Orlando Bloom.. big grin

yerssot
and you cheat those two with Depp from time to time?

johnny_rotten
I choose being Single over dismemberment any day of the week.

CandyKoRn
Yea... I'm a two-timer... so shoot me..

They're both worth it stick out tongue

LanceWindu
I still wish I had a significant other or just someone to spend my days with.

Gundark
Awwwww....poor Lance.

*hug hug*

LanceWindu
I got a pity hug.

Gundark
I suppose you could look into a mail-order bride....

LanceWindu
Nah, I'll keep bugging Kes til she gives in.

yerssot
well, if you say so... *loads shotgun*

cermiestar
*gasps*

badkittykitty
i just have to say johnny_rotten that you have one of the best avaters ever! lol awesome

cermiestar
i think i like being single, sometimes, i mean my life can be hectic enough with my friends family and school, but then if i like someone i don't WANT to be single anymore.......but i'm not one of those people who HAVE to have bf

i'm rambling so i'll shut up now.....

yerssot
nono, do go on smile

cermiestar
oh that was it......embarrasment

yerssot
oh;...

well, if I may comment ...
perhaps what you search in a BF is that he's a good listener/talker?

cermiestar
what makes you say that smile?

yerssot
because you said your life was from time to time hectic, so I thought someone who would hold your hand and listen to you, and understand you well would fit you

cermiestar
aw! my perfect guy......but where is he???????smile

yerssot
perhaps you haven't met him yet?

cermiestar
or maybe i have.....if i have that is sad......what if is there is one perfect guy for me and he doesn't realise it and he hates me!!!!!!!!!!!!1

pablo007
I've been single for a month now and I love it, you can fool around with as many chicks as you want too.

yerssot
that's impossible since the perfect guy for you can't hate you!

silver_tears
awww those are sweet words big grin

silver_tears
and for the question either way is fun wink

pablo007
Being in relationships suck, I mean for a girl is great cuz the guy does all sorts of stupid things to get laid but it sucks for us. You have no decisions of your own, you have to do whatever the girl want you to do. That's why I break up most of the time, for not doing what I am told.

LanceWindu
I just want a girl to hang with and maybe some more on the side, not a true relationship.

cermiestar
lol nicestick out tongue

yerssot
well, cermie, what's the update? wink

cermiestar
with what???? messed

yerssot
look at the threadtitle wink

cermiestar
oh...well that one's messed up....

yerssot
another one then?

cermiestar
i'm *sniffs* not *sniffs* quite *sniffs* ready to *sniffs* move on

big grin

bawax
i may have joined the discussion late but it has to be single all the way, i've been single for months now and life is so easy, stress free and more unorganised, perfect big grin

Fire
well I don't mind being single, but one taste of true love and you never want to lose it again

Bhang
I prefer the single life!

lil bitchiness
Singleness!!! All the way...no one will be bitching about what you do and where you go (if there is to be any bitching i'll be the one to do it big grin j/k)
Its cool....freedom...untill you find someone special bla bla bla.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

cermiestar
i agree....freedom is cool.......until you meet someone special....

DeNiro
i put to be singel cause u r BBB2 i mean u can get ne chick just mes around with as many girls as u want with no strings attachted that is always fun bro big grin

yerssot
red cerm? what happened?

Fire
idd cermie

yerssot
and to stay ontopic: are you ready to move on now cerm? london is big you know! you never know when you meet a bloom-look-a-like

Kes
Yeh cermie. You have the same amount of ppl in london as I have in portugal.

yerssot
kesie! you have millions of people who adore you!

Fire
good smile

Capt_Fantastic
Being single has it's advantages, but so does having someone special. I avoided relationships for as long as I could. But even casual sex can become boring. You just tend to get tired of it. The last year and a half of my life has been spent in a relationship. The first one was a year long, and I ended it to date this new guy. Which was a wise choice now that I look back on it. He's a great guy and we get along very well and have lots in common. But I only entered the relationship because Iknew he was moving to Las Vegas. When he and I started seeing each other, I was really more ready to be single than to jump right back into a relationship. Now, however, he might not go. Which is bittersweet for me. Because on the one hand, I like him a lot, but on the other I was looking forward to being single.
So...just stay single...sow your royal oats and have fun while you're still young enough to enjoy it. That was my motto before my last two relationships, and it will be again....very soon

cermiestar
red red? i don't understand! am i still red????

G.P
No, you aren't.

cermiestar
oh ok! big grin

G.P
(Always a pleasure, Cermie. I must confess that I was quite amazed myself when I saw you last post written in red )

On topic : I'm single and, for the moment, it's alright to me. Still waiting for the perfect girl...

cermiestar
and i'm still waiting for the perfect guy...........

LanceWindu
So far I'm liking not being single anymore, I have a great companion with Nivvy, even if it is only online right now.

yerssot
your nose is still red cerm wink

marvelous news lance smile hope you two can stay happy for a long time to come smile

GP... have someone in mind?

LanceWindu
Thanks yerss.

yerssot
here to push peopel deeper in missery... and occasionaly congrats them

G.P
...not for the moment, Yerss, but who knows ?

Dark_Queen
i dont think there's anything wrong with being single-im single myself and its fun! u can do what u want,when u want.u can hang out with friends and check out other single guyswink

But it can depend on your age -if a person is 16 lets say,there is plenty of time to find someone.what's the hurry?i say live it up,enjoy having freedom.eventually you'll get into a serious relationship Happy Dance Happy Dance

yerssot
we'll be waiting for miss GP wink

G.P
laughing out loud

yerssot
what? no marriage?

LanceWindu
So far marriage is working for me! laughing out loud

G.P
Yes, maybe. I just like the name Miss GP... embarrasment

yerssot
then hurry up wink

G.P
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/no2.gif

yerssot
why not? you don't want to be together with someone?

G.P
Yes, but I don't see a reason to hurry...

yerssot
because I'm hungry and want free snacks on a reception asap?

LanceWindu
Yeah, and we could throw you a bachelor party.

G.P
Alright...that's a good reason...

LanceWindu
laughing out loud

Thought you'd see it that way.

G.P
wink

yerssot
of course, it needs no saying that I hope that those who are looking for someone find someone fast and those who aren't looking stay happy smile

silver_tears
im happy either way wink

yerssot
not the guys

silver_tears
stick out tongue

yerssot
just pointing out

silver_tears
and thats why ur sweet wink

yerssot
I try my best for ya wink