Rumours: The Outsiders - Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BOPRecruit 16
i read on a site somewhere, that there might be a remake to francis ford coppola's 1982 movie "the outsiders", is this true? (the movie was based on s.e. hinton's book called by the same title.)

--Sodapop--

p/s - all outsiders fans or not welcome here for now, post pix of the movie if you like or comments on who you think should be the new cast, etc.! ^.~

BOPRecruit 16
if there really were to be a remake of this movie/slash book, who would you like to see play the gang from the outsiders? here are the characters:

ponboy curtis
sodapop curtis
daryl curtis
two-bit mathews
steve randle
johnny cade
dally winston
cherry valance
marsha
bob
randy

silver_tears
i love the first one
the guys were quite cute wink
and i do hope they remake it stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
ponyboy: ryan phillipe
johnny cade: nick stahl
darry: paul walker
sodapop: ashton kuchtner
dallas winston: colin farrell
two bit: jake busey
steve: paul zahn
cherry: niki cox

Kes
wow the guys aged a bit wink

silver_tears
now thats a casteek!
but i doubt that they would be able to afford that cast erm

BOPRecruit 16
here's who i think should be casted:

Steve Randle - Milo Ventimiglia or Riley Smith
Dallas Winston - Drew Fuller or Christopher Ralph
Randy Anderson - Orlando Bloom
Two-Bit Mathews - Joel of Good Charlotte
Cherry Valance - Tara Reid or Sarah Michelle Gellar or Jennifer Love Hewitt
Tim Shepard - Colin Farrell or Paul Walker or Shane West
Marsha - Rachael Leigh Cook
Bob - (guy who played Tim Riddle in CoS)
Sodapop Curtis - Jonathan Jackson or Aaron Stanford or Jack Ryder
Darry Curtis - Kirby Morrow or Brendan Fehr
Buck Merrel - Jason Wade
Ponyboy Curtis - Vincent (Connor on WB's Angel) or Tom Felton
Johnny Cade - ?

spidergrl
i read this book and watched the movie for english. i liked the book but the movie was a little hard to see.....

BOPRecruit 16
would anyone want to see a remake of this movie?

spidergrl
i prob would. i mean with different actors who you knew and better lighting i think it would be kewl....

BOPRecruit 16
don't know enough actors that are the age of the characters from the books. i know of some great guys, but they can't really pass for teenagers. mostly people in their 20's and so forth can't pass.

spidergrl
i mean i wouldn't mind a few older people playing the parts:
aston kutcher, chad michael murray, amy smart, jena mallone. i mean they might fit the profile but they're hot (guys) prety (girls)

BOPRecruit 16
depending on who they are...but those people look too old for all of the other characters maybe darry, dally, twobit and some of the other socs and greasers.

spidergrl
i know, the movie that they've made witht he characters are prety good. but they'll have to find other people and i don't think they will because they have to find new people and they have to beat the other movie!!

BOPRecruit 16
i know, what a great cast, but such a shame that cinematography and moving making tech wasn't good back then...

spidergrl
agreed

BOPRecruit 16
whom could you imagine as the director? someone like alfonso cuaron who directed harry potter three or somone like that. does quality work.

spidergrl
i didn't like the director for hp3 - (don't get me started) someone else

BOPRecruit 16
well i loved what he did. or maybe someone like sam raimi, or some guy who does drama movies really well. maybe the guy whose directing the fourth hp movie...mike newell?

spidergrl
yea i think we should get mike newell. better than hp3. i think that hp3 wasn't too good left to many things out etc

BOPRecruit 16
anyways...you mentioned that ashton kutcher could play a role in the remake. too bad he's too tall and old to play twobit. maybe dallas if he can get the tough guy part down right...kind of similar dark side of him like in some of the butterfly effect. ashton should do more movies like that, dark and noncomedy.

spidergrl
yea i know. i was just mentioning people that i think are good actors and that would be good. not comparing them to the characters tho

BOPRecruit 16
ashton is not quite a good fit, but nearly there. hard to choose a good cast...

spidergrl
yea i know. i love ashton tho

<<Solo>>
The idea will never happen, and any famous person playing any roles in The Outsiders (Just hypothetically saying if this happens) would be the worst thing that'd ever happen to the idea.

If it does happen, throw in a whole bunch of nobodys. It will be much better.

spidergrl
hahaha nice one &lt;&lt;solo&gt;&gt;

Samas-adian
Definitly.

spidergrl
hehehe go you guys!!

BOPRecruit 16
it's just fun to think about, is all. i know that it's highly doubtable for a remake. meh.

rodeoangel
There will be an Outsiders remake but it is in a hip-hop version. I find that kind of strange because hip-hop and hoods have nothing in common. And they want Ponyboy to be an American Indian. I don't think he is an American indian. I hope it will be good though. I don't know when it will come out either.

spidergrl
I liked the orginal except for a lot of scences were badly shot, but i liked the characters and actors

Mr Parker
I hope its true because the movie was terrible.Tex was the only novel of S E Hintons I thought they made a good movie out of.

Jackie Malfoy
I sure hope they do.The old one sucked big time.Those guys excert Dallars can't acted for beans!JM

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
i think they should make a remake cuz i didn't really like the original one but I'm a huge book fan and i don't think they did a good job with the movie

BOPRecruit 16
are you serious? eek! where did you hear that? blink

BOPRecruit 16
earlier this year, the new edition, not the anniversary one, but a new one of the dvd was supposed to be released in the spring that included extended footage and deleted scenes never before seen. such as scenes from chapter one, where pony got jumped and where dallas, johnny, and pony are talking about going to the movies. also, the scene during the last chapter where sodapop runs of out the house and pony and darry run after him and promise not to fight again. i have images of those deleted scenes somewhere...remind me to give you guys the link to that thing...it's so cool! eek! big grin

rodeoangel
I heard it on this stax website...

The Outsiders Return?!
S.E. Hinton tale gets updated.

June 28, 2004 - There have been rumors online for awhile now that The Outsiders was going to be remade. The 1983 film directed by Francis Ford Coppola was based on the classic young readers' novel by S.E. Hinton. It featured a who's who of rising stars and '80s fixtures: C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, Diane Lane, Emilio Estevez, Leif Garrett and some guy named Tom Cruise.

Well, it turns out those rumors are true. A casting notice posted at Star Search Casting says the new Outsiders will be told not only "from a 1963 point of view, but more of a hip-hop colored view for youth." Uhhh ... there was no hip-hop in 1963 but, hey, why should that hinder the filmmakers?

The character breakdowns say, for example, that protagonist Pony Boy will be "Age 14, American Indian, long hair, dark eyes, well built, slender." Brooding good-bad boy Dallas Winston is "Age 16, caucasian, elfish face with pointed chin, blonde, tough appearance 5'9"."
Do it for Johnny, man, do it for Johnny!

I hope it comes out soon!!! I have been doing everything to find out who is in it or when it will come out.. I will post more when I find out.

rodeoangel
Who are you guys favorite characters in The Outsiders? Mines Johnny.... My friend says I am obsessed with him... she thinks I am crazy because I am obsessed with somone who dosn't exist... do you guys think I am crazy?? Oh well... post your favorite chacters.

spidergrl
I liked Jonny and Pony - prob because they're the main characters but I thought that the characters were good and the actors as well.

Has anyone read the book?? What did you think of that??

rodeoangel
I read the book... I loved it... my friend loves it too...we act out the scens somtimes and they turn out bad but we love the book...

spidergrl
Yea, I read the book for English. I thought that it was prety good!!

rodeoangel

spidergrl
I know only a couple of though's actors. Kirsten Dunst ( spell it right !! ) and paul walker. and a few more

rodeoangel
Yeah... sry about that Kirsten Dunst thing.. my friend wuz typing and she can't type at all... So.. bak on the Outsiders subject.. I got the book 4 Christmas and I have read it like 10 times... I also go That Was Then This Is Now.. that book was soooo sad.. I think it wuz the only one of S.E. Hintons books that didn't end kidof good... I didn't like the ending.

spidergrl
I did like the book more then the movie. Prob beacause I love using my imagination......!!

rodeoangel
I think were the only two writing in this still cuz no one else is...lol... I keep tryin to find who iz gonna be in the remake but I can't find a list.. I just hope they get it right... and I hope it turns out good hip hop... I really think that wil be weird

spidergrl
yea, i hope that they do get the characters right, or theres going to be another screwed up remake on our hands!!

rodeoangel
Yep... we don't need another one of those... they better get the ending right 2... in the original movie they never showed Pony's concussion so anybody who hasn't read the book thinks after Johnny and Dally died everything was all happy again(not like it ever wuz all happy but u know wat I mean) and they never showed Pony gettin jumped in the begining, or Johnny gettin beat up... now that I think about it they didn't show alot.

spidergrl
They didn't. I really wanted them to show the ending. Would of been better because as you said not a happy happy ending!!

rodeoangel
yeah...sry I havn't written bak in a while...running out of Ideas. I been trying to see if they would finally put up a casting list but no use. My friend mad an outsiders website. she's kind of obsessed..even more then me. I am just talking about random things here. I hope S.E. Hinton comes out with more good books.

spidergrl
I kind of want them to, and kind of don't!! If they do then it better be good, because i dont want to wastle my money!!

rodeoangel
Yeah me two the only book of her's I think I wasted my money on wuz Rumble Fish. I didn't realate to RustyJames at all. But pretty much that's the only chacter I didn't relate to at least a little bit.

spidergrl
I haven't read that one!! Im more into Harry Potter right now, I think JK is a genious!!

BOPRecruit 16
i posted my comments alongside your cast choices in the quote bubble! smokin'

spidergrl
you don't like anybody!! lol

BOPRecruit 16
did you not read my comments in there? i liked milo and james for sure. that's what i meant by 'hands down'. without a doubt, they're perfect! duh! stick out tongue laughing

spidergrl
yea, i skimmed through it and you were like nah, not good! nah, now way!!

BOPRecruit 16
i've tried to come up with a perfect cast list many times in the past. so damn hard and mind blowing on who to be who and would be perfect at it! eek! dammit! lol

spidergrl
I don't really mind. as long as they're good actors/actress's Im good~!!!

rodeoangel
OMG!!! MY COUSIN IS SO RUDE. I decided to show her the outsiders movie and she LAUGHED when Johnny died. I wuz praktikally cryin and she wuz havin a laughing attak. I could see wen Dally dies,that COULD be funni but wasn't but Johnny. That wuz so sad. I guess my cuz dosn't get it. Then she wuz startin to read the outsiders book and she said Johnny wuz stupid. i wuz soo mad at her. Az u all can probally tell I'm a little obsessed with Johnny.LOL. I'll get over it.

spidergrl
I know, I got a cousin like that, you have to try see the funny side and laugh with them, well thats what i try and do!!

BOPRecruit 16
rodeo: that was inconsiderate. but, hey, can't be helped. i laughed at 'the sum of all fears'. well, that was with my crew...so that doesn't help matters...laughing

spidergrl: as long as their actors aren't too much older than the characaters in the book are...i hate it when tv shows have actors that are way older than their characters. say, 20 (esp. mid to late 20's) y.o. playing kids in high school and all. such crap sometimes. not everything. but that detail about age bugs me something awful... mad

spidergrl
Yea i hate when that happens!! So pointless.....

rodeoangel
BOPRecruit 16:rodeo: that was inconsiderate. but, hey, can't be helped. i laughed at 'the sum of all fears'. well, that was with my crew...so that doesn't help matters...
Yeah I guess ur right, I lauged some to like when Dally died,that wuz funny in a weird way. But,Johnny, I felt bad, after all he's been through at home and then with the Socs and everything I felt bad that he had to die. But,hey, atleast now he can't get beaten up anymore.
I was on this website and I read "things you didn't relize in the movie" and I thought this was cool. After Dally robbed the store and he went to the phone boothe, in the back of the phone boothe is written "Johnny" I thought that was kinda cool.Oh well.

spidergrl
Its going to be a hard move to live up too with the characters and everything!! Really hope that they don't screw it up!!

rodeoangel
ME 2! The 1st one wuz demented...but hey it was the 60's now we have more andvanced stuff. So we better not see any fake deaths or bad scenes.

spidergrl
Yea, true!!

BOPRecruit 16
huh, didn't notice that. well, of course, i didn't know to look for stuff and it didn't seem the like the movie to do that since it's old and all. what else you got? if you happen to remember where you get that information, pass it to us, please, girl! big grin

spidergrl
heheh I ran out of things to say.......

rodeoangel
Uh..tryin 2 find the site now. I remember 1 thing tho. Patrick Swayze durning the rumble scene was pretending to get hit when the guy really hit him. He got so mad that he puched the guy and knocked him out..*ha ha*. I'll get bak if I find the sight.

BOPRecruit 16
i read on one outsiders site that had articles about the behind the scenes stuff for the movie, that the director used some locals of tulsa in the rumble scene and i think the cast played a few rounds of basketball and football with them as well. since the locals thought the young actors were all these big hotshots, they were up to kicking some ass and all. alright, it's been a while since i read about that, but i remember never the less! also, that tom cruise had a freaky loose front tooth and wanted that to get knocked out in the rumble scene and it did. i think it's noticiable if you watch carefully or scene pictures of it. (to spidergrl: if you have run out of things to say, we can just go on and discuss the movie, book, and so forth.)

spidergrl
When you find the site, give me a PM

BOPRecruit 16
wasn't rob lowe as sodapop curtis totally hot?! eek! bunny *giggles* love

rodeoangel
ya. Especially when he got out of the shower...But Tom Cruise was in the way.....He should have moved a little to the left or right. If they went threw the hassel of getting him in the shower atleast let us see him get out..ha ha...I still kan't find the sight. I think they took it off or somthin.

Liquidice
hahaha another remake. suprise suprise.

spidergrl
more hot guys!! surprise surprise!! love

BOPRecruit 16
tom wasn't so bad looking himself back in those days. also, rob lowe's younger brother, chad is pretty cute...love *giggles* (btw, he was not in the movie).

rodeoangel
but Tom Cruise isn't anything compared to Rob Lowe then

spidergrl
yea nd now toms......OLD !!!

rodeoangel
Ya. Rob Lowe is still kinda good lookin no... for a old guy. But he has a 12 year old son. Happy Dance maybe he's cute. a little young but who cares.

spidergrl
who cares!!! I DON'T

rodeoangel
wait?? what?? u don't care about what????

spidergrl
thats he young!! Its all good happy

BOPRecruit 16
man, if you guys think that's old, think of how some people feel and think they're old at 18, dude! messed laughing

i can't believe that ralph macchio who played johnny cade was 21 or so when he did that movie.

spidergrl
21 is a good age!! happy trust in me that!

BOPRecruit 16
some people i've talked to think 40 or 50 is old...man...i would hate to see them when they get that age...

anyways, ralph was just short for his age was all i was saying and i would have never suspected that he was 21 until i found out at this site about the movie.

SaTsuJiN
if they did the cast with all new unknown actors, we'd have a whole new age of heart throbs -,-

rodeoangel
Ralph Macchio was 21? I thought he was 19. I think that C. Thomas Howell was the same age as Rob Lowe. or maybe a year younger or somthin. By the way. I watched this movie and it had C.Thomas Howell, The guy who played Randy, and Patrick Swayze in it. I thoght it was The Outsiders at first but it was Red Dawn. That movie was sad.

spidergrl
40 or 50!! ewwwwwwww

rodeoangel
what was 40 or 50 about??? ooooooh. I have to read the other posts. LOL. god I'm dumb. HA HA.

spidergrl
off you go, I'll be here when you get back!! roll eyes (sarcastic) happy

rodeoangel
wait what? were you talking to me or everyone or just one person?????what?????

BOPRecruit 16
that would be nice, but the people making the movie would hopefully make sure to remain true to the book and have the actors be as close to their characters age as possible or perish! bwahahaha devil messed stick out tongue laughing

rodeoangel
Ur probally right about that. It is really weird when U have a 20 year old playin the part of a 14 year old.

MrsIce
oh my wow a rumour of a outsiders remake? the movie right, as a movie not anothre *stress Another Tv show?

for Soada it should be Ian Sommerhalder because every one seems , well most seem to think he and Rob lowe look a like big grin

I will list my other pics as faves for the characteres later and read others big grin
This is one of my favourite movies of all time and book too, I have read it like I don't even know how many times, I could quote most of it and the movie too big grin
L8R G8R's

CraZ4RobLowe
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
whom could you imagine as the director? someone like alfonso cuaron who directed harry potter three or somone like that. does quality work. AHHH! Rob soooo HOT! e-mail me some pics of him PLZ @ [email protected] PS: I know Alfonso Cuaron, thx whoever insulted him, ps he's good @ directing smile big grin cool Happy Dance

spidergrl
Originally posted by rodeoangel
wait what? were you talking to me or everyone or just one person?????what?????

I meant you. you said I dont understand and that you were going away to read the posts. and then i replyd wink

starry_eyed
Hi everyone! I just joined this forum. I too have seen the movie and I thought it wasn't too bad but am excited of the remake. I found out some really good info about it and even found a few cast members who are in it but I can't post links yet because I am not too well known it said. Does anyone know how long it takes before I can post a link?

<3Soda<3
I really really REALLY want them to make a remake to The Outsiders!!
I &lt;3 that movie!! OMG Soda was sooooo HOT!!!! (even if he's kinda old now) Does anyone know whose gonna be acting in the remake????question

MrsIce
so this still a rumour ~ LOL~ or is there any more news on this project? Haven't been here in awhile , just thought I'd ask. I have not heard anything more .

xxelenaa
Im afraid to have anyone re-do The Outsiders and completly ruin it.
&& the orignal cast was amazing and picture perfect, and there arent really any good ones around now, that could do as good as job as the orignals.
but here is my opion on the 'next' cast.

-Ponyboy Curtis...
-Johnny Cade...
-Dally Winston...
-Darry Curtis...
-Sodapop Curtis...
-Two-Bit Matthews...
-Steve Randle...
-Cherry Valnce...Rachel McAdams]
-Randy Anderson...
-Bob Sheldon...
-Marcia...

These are my opions..
The Outsiders will always be my favorite movie and book, so I really hope they get some good actors/actresses.

Baby Bear
I know a movie better than this one. Its called THE WARRIORS. Its a 1979 cult classic that I enjoy.

ADarksideJedi
That would be great if they make a new one.The old one so bad it was hard to seat through.This one better be alittle like the book and not end like the old one did.jm

edwinian
For better or worse (mostly the latter) they are going to remake any movie that could make $ that was made prior to 1998.

Nothing is safe!

ADarksideJedi
True but if it is not a sequel to anything which hollywood been doing.Never mind Disney then you know it is going to be pretty bad.jm

Lightningrod
the original should be the only one made
that is what makes it a classic

ADarksideJedi
It was so horrible.I like the actors and all.But the story line was way off and the way they stop it at the end was just so disgraceful to the book.jm

TEAK7830
WELL IF THERE WERE TO BE A REMAKE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT.I DON'T THINK IT WOULD TOUCH THE FIRST ONE BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.

PONY-ANGUS T JONES
SODAPOP-RYAN PHILLIPEE
DARRY-VIN DIESEL
TWOBIT-JAMES VANDERBEEK
STEVE-STEVE ZAHN
JOHNNY-PAUL WALKER
DALLY-JAUQUIN PHOENIX
CHERRY-DREW BARRYMORE
MARSHA-RACHEL COOK
BOB-SEAN SCOTT
RANDY-JASON BIGGS

IF MY SPELLING IS WRONG TO BAD BUT THIS IS THE PERFECT CAST I BELEIVE

Mr Parker
Damn I cant believe this old thread is being brought back from the dead.

ultimate_fail
Ponyboy-Nathan Kress
Derry- Tom Welling
Sodapop- Tyson Ritter
Johnny- You can choose
Steve- Bobby campo
Two-Bit- Nick Zano
Dally-????

The Nuul
-Ponyboy Curtis...Thomas Dekker
-Johnny Cade...Shia LaBeouf
-Dally Winston...Josh Hartnett
-Darry Curtis...Tom Welling
-Sodapop Curtis...Paul Walker
-Two-Bit Matthews...Ryan Phillippe
-Steve Randle...Jake Gyllenhaal
-Randy Anderson...Kevin Durand
-Bob Sheldon...Cant think of anyone right now.

I hope a remake never happens though.

ultimate_fail

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.