David Blaine vs UK Hooligans!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
laughing out loud laughing out loud Oh, this is too funny laughing out loud laughing out loud

David Blane has done 2 big stunts in the middle of Manhattan and no one wished the guy anything but the best....

In the UK poor David is tormented by protesters who throw lemons and eggs, climb on the scaffolding and try to cut him down, launch golf balls at him, bang drums to keep him awake at night, flash their breasts and bottoms...Oh, and the best yet, a magazine hired a helicopter to suspend a burger above his box. laughing out loud

How shamefulstick out tongue

What's next? The queen flashing her bush?stick out tongue
laughing out loud

CandyKoRn
HarHar...

We'll I hope they just forget about him.. leave him in the box stick out tongue

Asami
I live very close to where the stunt is taken place, and I have to say, its not one of the best places to do something like that.

Its so rude and idiotic to interfere with someone who is looking to achieve something like what Blaine's trying to do, ok, it won't stop world famine, but everyone has something they want to do and acomplish right?

Sometimes, people can just take the piss too much.

CandyKoRn
Would you or I get given permission to do something like that? no..

Asami
Personally, I wouldn't like to have things thrown at me no matter what i'm doing

CandyKoRn
Though, You eat babies, right?

happy kine
he's still up there? what is the big deal about what he is doing anyway... "look at me i'm sh!tting in a bag on a glass box suspended in the air"... yeah sounds real cool.

lukeyduckey
I like the guy lol

Corran
he's a freak.

Ushgarak
Mind you, someone played a chess game with him as well...

CandyKoRn
oh, that's really interesting

*yawns*

Metroplex
lol my dad says that David Blaine is the devil.

CandyKoRn
LOL, that's the stupidest thing i've heard today...

Tex
Michael Jackson believes in David Blaine and says that his magic is reallaughing out loud

Yeah, its a stupid stunt, but not nearly as idiotic as the spectators behaviourstick out tongue

Baylin
I have a lot of repect for the guys talent as a magician and stuff but this latest daring feat is basically asking for trouble. I'm just surprised nobodys actually shot him down yet... evil face

Tex
They would probably be too drunk to aim correctly anywayslaughing out loud

Oh, now people are shining laser beams in his eyeslaughing out loud

I dont think he had any idea what he was getting himself into!

Fire
prolly not

I think it was a brave thing to try but I wouldn't do it

Ushgarak
He's probably too insane with hunger right now to notice.

BackFire349
what shameful idiotic behavior. those people need to find something constructive to do with their life.

Ushgarak
Like sit in a glass box for a few weeks?

BackFire349
well its better then purposely annoying someone who's in the glass box for 3 weeks.

Ushgarak
Tough call...

BackFire349
plus they look like idiots by doing so (yes, david blain looks like an idiot by staying in a box for several weeks as well, but at least he's getting paid big bucks for his idiocy) , 20 bucks says that after this stunt, no magician will enter the UK again.

CandyKoRn
lol.. I think it is horrible.. it's basically torcher(sp?) enough for the guy...

without the help of all the s*** ...

I feel bad for him.. Someone give him a burger and fries..

Ushgarak
I'd bet it brings more.

BackFire349
why?

Ushgarak
Things often work out that way. Especially with the added charm of people managing to play chess with him as well.

BackFire349
hmmm, yeah... plus he's getting alot of promotion from the peoples foolishness.

Tex
Its just so weird that all of this is happening, he's done 3 of these in NYC and nothing like this ever happened.

Doesn't paint Londoners in a good light, thats for surethumb down

Ushgarak
I don't think it is possible to put Londoners in a good light...

BackFire349
true

CandyKoRn
well, that's saying something..

The English are mean stick out tongue

(is English) Am I mean?

Ushgarak
Londoners were at their bst when being bombed...

Fire
yea that's possible, that way of working together isn't been seen much more after, a bit at nine elven but not to that extend altho the two can not be compared

Tex
I assumed that London was full of eccentric artsy freaks who would applaud Blaines performance.confused

You're not too far away from London Ush, ever thought about visiting the Blaine circus?wink

Maybe flash some body parts while you're at itstick out tongue
laughing out loud

Corran
Blaine is in no way being arty, it's just a massive selfish publicity stunt, if he achieves the record he gets lots of publicity, if he fails he'll get lots of publicity, while people are being rude and nasty towards him, gues what he is getting lots of publicity. If he was deemed to be being arty in any way then the liberal dogooders would be out in force to stop people doing stuff.

Fire
nah he's just in it to make big bucks, nothing arty about it

Tex
He's the perfect example of a performance artist!

Corran is just hella jealous cause nobody ever wants to watch him do anything stick out tongue

CandyKoRn
I'm about 30 mins from London.. i'm going to see him...

and to torment him!!! mwahahahhaa!!!

nah, I think it's kinda sad what people have done..

we're not all like that here y'know..

Tex
Oh, I know smile

You know would would be great!?! If that Osama Bin Lauden comic terrorist gate crasher paid a trip down to Tower Bridgelaughing out loud

mechmoggy
Blaine is a strange one, I find his Bo Selecta character much more interesting, "huh, can you feel that.....the magic is coming.....the magic has COME, shazam". laughing out loud

Tex
laughing out loud

I would totally pay to see what he would do in a glass box!!laughing out loud

cermiestar
i think americans are just so much more easily entertained..........he stnads still for a while in new york and everyone's like "wow look at that, he's so amazing" over here everyone's like "so he's sitting on his arse for 44 days. great. what can we do to make it more interesting....let's go throw stuff at him!"

Tex
Barbarians!stick out tongue

BackFire349
foolish mentality. if you are bored by it might as well just ignore it, no need to put the guy through hell. just makes everyone involved look incredibly stupid and pathetic.

CandyKoRn
When you're bored.... what do you do?

Stupid things!!!

~fuoco~
I like him, but I don't see how his latest stunt is magic, jus stayin in a box for 40-somthin days isn't really magic... He should jus stick to his regular stuff, like them coin & card tricks... and levitating!! That's really amazin!!

Tex
Yeah, this trick aint as special as the others, but he claims its his most challenging! I dunno.

BackFire349
well sitting in a box isolated for 3 weeks is libel to drive someone insane.

cermiestar
and he's not insane already??????

barbie_girl
well i think that he is just plain stupid!! what exactly is he trying to prove? wow humans can go for 44 days without food!!! with the help of all the glucose and vitamins in the water he drinks!!! i think he is stupid why would anyone want to do that! and hes supposed to be a magician this isnt magic just a good dietician that plumped him up before hand and worked out what nutrients needed to go in the water!!!

nemo
how long have he been staying there?

nemo

PiratePrincess
I think the reporter who said that Mr Blaine chose the wrong town to be hung in is right! He should have picked some sedate Scottish valley or somthing, not the heart of London!!! How long has he been up there for now??

Tex
15 days I think.

I wonder if his glass box is bulletproof?wink

cermiestar
big grin i think he is trying to prove something about jesus, you know jesus stayed in the desert for forty days and forty nights and he was the son of god? i think he is trying to prove he is better then him or stronger or something......i heard that somewhere.....

RedQueen
mayb he should try walking on water then http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/w00t.gif

cermiestar
laughing out loud

mechmoggy
Are us Brits harder to impress?

Personally I can't see whats so great about the trick, and essentially it is a TRICK because there's no such thing as real magic.

If he wants to really impress me, he could make my overdraft dissappear, that would truly be a miracle.

Ushgarak
That's bloody simple, he just gives you some of the vast amount of money he makes!

Tex
Yeah, you British people got jipped! He was buried in a glass box, and stood in a ice cube, and ontop of a high pole, sitting in a box for a month is boring compared! laughing out loud

cermiestar
no wonder we all want to throw eggs at him wink

CandyKoRn
lol... I think what he's doing is brave...

the fact he's stayed in there through all this http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/censored2.gif is good enough for me.

Baylin
Which bit was the test I wonder. Staying in box and putting up with the abuse off us Brits or the starvation thingy???

CandyKoRn
originally the latter...

but it ended up being both. stick out tongue

cermiestar
who thinks he'll last?

bawax
i cant see him lasting the full time, he does have extensive fat reserves though. big grin

i can't see why people are surprised by the abuse from us Londoners, were famed for getting drunk and hoping people fail, especially when they do stupid things. smile

CandyKoRn
lol

cermiestar
and this is why we are such a great nation big grin

Baylin
Depends if I get down to London, if I do I'll pull a moony at him that'll make him quit and run home pretty damn quick! big grin

Tex
There is no way he'll quit, his medical team might put a stop to it, but he would rather die than come down ashamed!

cermiestar
he has a medical team....that let him go up there......

CandyKoRn
stupid, i know.....

mechmoggy
I think it would be a shame if he comes down alive too.

Oh wait, thats not what you said.....

Korri
What the f**k?

mechmoggy
Looking rather sneaky there Korri.

Korri
me? angel

mechmoggy
Sneaky is as sneaky does wink

Korri
big grin

bawax
i tried it the one time i saw him, well it was more of a mass moony, about 12 of us and needless to say i didn't work.

he didn't even vomit at the sight, maybe he was trying to be polite and not vomit in front of us. sick smile

Fire
TMI baylin and bawax

ragesRemorse
david blaine is great. Hes a performer who isnt selling anything. He only wants to amaze people and let them forget about the troubles of there everday life. Also he is possibly the greatest magician ever he doesnt use smoke and mirrors and the stunts he performs push the pshycological aspects of the human body above and beyond

CandyKoRn
I agree partially with you there, Rages...

but some people don't care about that, obviously...

Baylin
laughing out loud

Baylin
Eh? confused

OOZ
He is an awesome magician, and good geezer, they should leave them alone.

Hmmm i know, i might go down there and throw eggs at the egg throwers in support of Mr Blaine. And maybe whack a few golf balls at em for good measure, that should get some coverage, lol. eek!

cermiestar
his PR team are going to pull him down early because they think it's hurting his "image" stick out tongue

mechmoggy
Maybe they should cut the rope holding him up there, that way he'll be as hurt as his image. evil face

ragesRemorse
he'll come down alive, and then he'll dissapear for awhile and then do somthing that will put everyone in there place

ragesRemorse
why does this annoy you? does houdini annoy you? this man has done everything houdini has and beyond

RedQueen
then hes just a "copy cat"?

mechmoggy
He doesn't annoy me Rage, I'm just a grumpy cynical old man.

Fire
hehe sounds like ya mechy

Ushgarak
Houdini invented it- that is far more impressive.

That said, has it not occurred to anyone that there IS a trick to this? That the idea that sheer will is keeping him alive without food is actually just an illusion? That IS his job, after all.

Fire
yea there is most likely a trick, tho I don't know all the facts so I can't tell.

is it medicaly possible?

ragesRemorse
yeah houdini inventing it is more impressive. however the guy just wants to make people feeel good and forget about the bad shit the pleague us everyday. and there are people dicouraging him its like discouraging goodwilll. and it may inspire a few people here and there or just simply make you think and whats wrong with that, when nothing is being sold

mechmoggy
He's not doing this for free you know! He isn't doing it to make everyone else feel good about themselves either, he's doing it for money. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He'll earn more of this daft stunt than most working Joe's (like myself) will earn in our entire lifetime.

Is this amazing trick worth that much? confused

Fire
no idea but that's the free market for ya mech

mechmoggy
The only good thing about it is he's an important attraction in our lovely country. Soooo, in fact he's essentially a good UK export while he's up in that box......

*Runs to London*

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BLAINEY! big grin

RedQueen
hes getting charged money for the police who have been around that area

Tex
laughing out loud
This just keeps getting better & better!
Now people are using catapults to launch paint balloons at himlaughing out loud

How shamefulembarrasment
stick out tongue
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20030919/i/1063994738.2215010347.jpg

cermiestar
he should just leave the box now while he still has SOME dignity......

RedQueen
he must get so bored i no i wud .....
*sits down on 1st day....twiddles fingers..*

Ushgarak
They are insisting he is using nothing but plain water.

It's a trick, it has to be. People should be trying to suss how he is doing it.

BackFire349
those people need to get a life asap. that is pathetic on their part.

Fire
true true

it prolly is, prolly something in the damn water or so ush.

anywayz TMI stans for To Much Information Baylin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.