Spider-man movie should have been called manspider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
This piece of crap phony neatutered version of Sonys should have been called manspider.they totally betrayed his character and the comic by making him into a manspider monster giving him organics. mad
You can go to hell sony for raping to death such a great character.

Kes
The only thing they changed was the web.
In the comics he as a spider sensor right ? And climbs walls so..

bakerboy
Yeah, mr Paker, that man spider crap cant be called spider man. Spidey is a guy with web shooters, and who is funny all the time. And the organics makes of him a freak, what a stupid idea.

Mr Parker
To the first poster who replied, thats whats so dumb about it,is you just dont know what kind of a person he is anymore because of the freaking organics.I mean they have confused everybody for no damn good reason at all. mad I feel the same way,my state of mind is WHAT THE HELL? mad

masterofmatrix
KEEP YOUR ****IN TEMPER DOWN. DONT MAKE A FUSS CLOSE THIS DOWN PLEASE

Mr Parker
thumbs down sign.
Hey dude,I have a right to come here to complain and be pissed about how hollywood screwed up this movie and made him into a manspider monster as much as you do to just praise the film.and sorry dude,but I seriously doubt the administraters of this site are going to close thread down just because you dont like seeing somebody bash that stupid manspider movie of sonys. stick out tongue laughing

Kes
Yeh but the fact that he climbs walls already makes him genetically different smile
Plus its easy to "believe" that the web comes from his body instead of him making them in his room messed

Mr Parker
Heres the problem with that argument,there is no logical justification to believe the webbing would shoot out of his wrists instead of his ass if he gained the power to shoot out of his body. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Metroplex
Who cares if they changed it. Doesnt really matter the movie was great anyway.

Kes
Oh well still better then him actually inventing something like a web and making it in his room smile

bakerboy
That is an stupid excuse, because there are many bizarre and unveliable things in the movie , peter creating a high tech costume, a guy with the spider powers with only a bite of a spider, a guy geting super strenght drinking a formula and flying in a glideder, etc, etc. All the spiderman things are unvelieble in the same way or more unvelieble than peter creating his own web, so why are those things in the movie and not the web shooters?

Mr Parker
Whether you realize this or not,thousands of fans cared and to hell it doesnt matter.Hes a monster now and its only great if your a manspider fan and not a spiderman fan anymore. laughing

CaptainInsano
He's not a monster, he's a superhero with genetically, altered, super powers! Hulk is a monster. But Spider-man is a mutant because he was bit by the spider. I am also sorta pissed about him not having web shooters but they didn't ruin the franchise. And what the hell are you talking about (manspider) moron.

masterofmatrix
ok heres why they didnt put webshooters in the movie.

1. the web carterages would be a waste of money since the web was cgi anyway

2. the whole movie would have been about peter making them if they had web carterages

Kes
Well quimicals and radiation..But making a web in is room messed

Ushgarak
Sigh... purirsts- always irritating people, also people who are irritatED because the film did so damn well which suggests to me that the makers did nothing wrong.

Kes
Aside from CaptainInsano nobody sounded irritated.
Only Mr. Parker but at the movie makers wink

Ushgarak
Point stands. You cannot expect the movie to be like the film in all respects; the makers felt having him able to naturally shoot web worked better and I cannot see any reason that convinces me this was a bad thing. People should just learn to seperate source and film; it's the same problem with Lord of the Rings.

Kes
Well but Mr. Parker didnt like it. Thats the point.

carnage713
maybee im wrong but peter was bit on the wrists that mite have sumthing to do w/ it. and dude chill out defy spidy as a monster for me

Kes
Wasnt he bit on the hand?blink

Mr Parker
yes he is a monster now.Spider-man isnt a mutant.to be a mutant you got to born with the powers.Yes the orgaincs ruined the franchise because it betrays his character. mad He's a manspider now because hes a monster moron. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
The whole movie wouldnt be about peter making them,it could all be done in a short 5 minute montage sequence.They only didnt use them because hollywood only wanted to make their own little version. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
I'd rather be a purist than a manspider fan such as most of you. laughing
that is the dumbest logic ever to say the filmakers did nothing wrong.The movie was a box office hit because spidey is such a popular icon figure it did not matter how horrible a film it was. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
hes a freaking monster now because the organics are gross and disgusting. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes
It would be stupid. Its to unbelievable (I know the whole spider thing is too).
This way its explain right along with the bite. Plus its a minor detail how can that ruin the franchise?

Kes
why are they gross and disgusting? All you see is a bit of web in his wrist?

carnage713
i kno why is that dude freakin out

Mr Parker
You manspider fans are hopeless.thats disgusting seeing him spray body fluids out his body. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes
lol The only thing I didnt like about spider-man from the cartoons (never read the comics...I'm not really a fan) was the web. Because he made them. I always thought that was so stupid. That someone could recreate nature in his bedroom roll eyes (sarcastic) So I prefer the way they made it in the movie.
Mr. Parker its a minor detail...you should be bothered by the fact that he climbs walls with gloves and shoes on roll eyes (sarcastic)

plenTpak52
Actually there was a press conference with The cast and Sam Raimi said that they only did the webbing from his writs because they wanted to make Peter seem like a normal kid, as opposed to the unbelievable genius that the real Peter Park was

ragesRemorse
the only thing i can say is big god damn deal, sam rami chose to by-pass the creation of web shooters and the web formula so he could focus time on other important aspects of spiderman. The movie was pretty much right out of the comics in every way. At first they were going to incoorperate the creat of web shooters. but the time thing came up so they chose against it. Had they done that the movie would have been longer and had less action to make up for the explanation of of how he created the formula to make a web. In the comics they never explained exactly where parker got the idea for his costumes. they hinted twords the fact when they would show him working on them in his room but never actually said where the idea came from. pele are just to mad about this movie because it is so much like the comic books and they look for any little thing they can that suggests other wise. Maybe you should calm down a bit and be thank full you have such a great comic movie adaptation and be thank full for it. it could have turned out like a batman travesty or dardevil mistake por even a fantastic four sin.

Hegemon875
I completely agree with you. These people go and watch this movie just so they can find any little thing wrong with it and complain. If spidey did have cartridges they would have found something else even dumber to complain about.

carnage713
i can agree mr parker lay off the drugs u fu***** wierdo.

Kes
carnage, Mr.Parker's opinion is his own.
You must respect that.

Zephonim
Manspider, you are not a pureist. You have moved far beyond that, you have moved well into the psychotic wierdo range.
No comic licensed movie has ever been portrayed as acuratley as they should have been. The organics were required because not all of the audience were people who have read the comics. They can't make Parker too much of an academic god like he was in the comics. It becomes too difficult to believe everything that happened in the comics could happen in real life. Comic fans are able to keep their disbelief suspended much longer because they have come to expect unbelievable things. They had to bridge the gap between movie goers and comic readers.
Yes the costume was a streach, yes the formula to make the goblin was a streach, but at a point it would have become riduculous. I am as big a fan of Spider-Man as anyone else, but you have to realize it wasn't a comicbook. It was a movie, and things have to change to attract, and keep an audience other than comic fans intersted.
Also, nothing in the movie is that far from the truth outside of the actaul turning into Spider-Man. There are projects in the scientific community that involve people trying to make people stronger and develop personal airplanes. A high school kid creating not only web shooters but also a fluid strong enough to hold up people and tram cars goes way to far in the real world. I was pissed at first too, I thought it was a horrible crime against humanity to change it, but you have to make concessions in areas.

carnage713
well said zephonim. i agree w/ u. mr parker took this way to seriously.

Zephonim
Anyone notice Mr. Parker hasn't posted in almost a month?

carnage713
very suspicious....... no expression ooo who am i kidding no its not.

SpindelStrike
listen mr. " true loyal spiderman fan".. if you were a real loyal fan then you would know that the ONLY reason they did organic webbing in the movie is because that was stan lee's first idea when he first created spiderman back in 1963. sam raimi thought it would be a good idea since stan lee first thought of that so it doesn't betray his character. and too all the other people out saying web shooters and home made webbing is unrealistic.. hello it's called fiction for a reason. how can you say web shooters and home made webbing are unrealistic.. getting spider powers so you can have the strength and speed poportianate to a spider isn't realistic either.

Kes
The non-sense theme still has to have some basic sense.
Yes a spider "bite" mutating cells to the point of a person crawling up walls and stuff is un-realistic but still it has some basis. Making webs at home doesnt.

beaujay1
I agree

SpindelStrike
how can you say it doesn't have any basis? making a web shooter that shoots out a sticky like substance is actaully something someone could make wouldn't you agree. it's a prop that if someone payed enough money it's possible to be created. it wouldn't be used to swing from building to building or anything like that though. but an invention has more basic sense then getting spider powers instead of dieing from getting bit by a radioactive spider.

ragesRemorse
If they had incoorperated parker discovering, and creating web formula that could be projected by a web shooter, that would have been the whole movie. There would have been parker developing, creating, and figuring out how exactly to use his web shooter. It would have taken away from the pace of the movie. It was one small thing that was changed, it was changed for the benefit,and enjoyment of the movie. If you diddnt like the movie, im sure even if they had included a web shooter, you still wouldnt have liked the film. If that is the only reason you diddnt like the movie then your pretty shallow.
In the comics Parker aquired his abilites from a spider. So if his brain chemistry can be altered or increased, along with super strength, and agility, it's not anymore unbelivable that he would also aquire spider webbing. THey still held true to the characters essence, and the action of the hero's, and thats what counts.

mailedbypostman
Wheres mr. paker? Too scared to face the angry TRUE FANS of Spiderman.

Mr Parker
not near as incredibly stupid as organics are which totally betray his character. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
body fluid being shot out of his body? yuck.

Mr Parker
that is the biggest false statement of the year that the movie was right out of the comic books,for one,mary jane was NOTHING at all Like MJ,more closer to Gwen Stacy.and this wasnt the character of spider-man,spider-man is a guy with chemical shooters. roll eyes (sarcastic) no people are mad about this movie because it TOTALLY betrayed the character and the spidey myth's. roll eyes (sarcastic) it is NOT a great comicbook adaptation,its one of the WORST ever,not exen XMEN was as bad as this.it DID turn out like the batman travesty,and DAREDEVIL was a much better superious film.

Mr Parker
give me a freaking break,this movie looked like it was written by a 5 year old as I said over on my other thread.the story was horrible.if you want to see a good comicbook adaptation,look no further than daredevil.you want to see a horrible one,look at this film.

Mr Parker
you lay off the drugs weirdo,you manspider fans got the most absurd logic,you cant distinguish spider-man from manspider or green goblin costume from power rangers outfit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
thanks for shooting down your own argument for me,the whole thing of spider-man is unbelievable,like that other guy said,you have to suspend your disbelief for the whole thing of spiderman because getting the powers of a spider is hust as much unrealistic as a kid creaing a fluid. Proove it that it was Stans idea back then.even if you can,Stan did say he was opposed to the idea of organics being in the movie when he first heard about it.

Mr Parker
no I am a purist who unlike you all cares about hollywood screwing up the spidey mythos my raping to deaht his character like they did,you all will accpet any kind of spiderman movie and are not true fans.the organics were NOT required at all,the whole thing of spider-man is unbelieveable.what drugs are you on?sorry but the chemical shooters are no more of a stretch than those other examples you mentioned.movie goers can also suspend their disbelief also,they know this is only fictional,ANYTHING goes,the organics wer done only becuse sony wanted to make their own little version.

Mr Parker
exactly,very well said.

Mr Parker
I thought this thread had died do thats why I been gone so long,and you manspider fans arent true fans because you all could care less if hollywood screws up the spidey mythos.thats why I am a true fan because I care and am not a manspider fan.

Kes
An invention by a kid at home?
The point is it would be for that...to swing from building to building.We are talking about 1 of natures most magnificent creation! Its way to unbelievable a kid could recreate that at home.
Radioactive mutations have been done over and over again.Its not that unbelievable.

Kes
You are very sensitive lol wink

Mr Parker
So Kes,arent you going to reply to my other thread about the manspider movie,the one that reviewed it? by the way,just curious,since I seem to run into you the most on these boards,are you of the male or female variety?

Kes
lol I dont think I've seen the other thread.
I'm not a huge fan of either Spider-man nor the movie. I just never relly liked the make it at home theory.
I'm a female wink

Mr Parker
Hmmm,I thought you were one of those HUGE pro-organic fans who think the organics are great and that the chemical shooters should not have been there in the first place.You could have fooled me that your werent a huge fan of spider-man or the movie since your in this section a lot and I seem to have most my conversations with you about the organics. my other thread about the movie is in this section,not too hard to find.Yeah I figured you had to be female.The reason being females are less hostile over something like this than the males are and tend to stay away from the name calling more so than males do. smile

ragesRemorse
The web cartridges are just a minor aspect of spidermans character. The essence of the characters were there. This movie like the comics were a comming of age story. This means you have to start at a point to grow from. which the characters did. They were very different at the end of the movie than they were at the beggining. Mr parker you need to take your shallow standards and stop looking at what wasnt there, and look for what was there.

It pisses me off when i talk to spiderman fans, and they say they diddnt like the movie for some dumbass reason like, oh he diddnt have a web shooter, Oh that wasnt MJ he saved on the bridge it was gwen stacey. You know thats just bullshit. If you watched this movie expecting to see the movie as a perfect adaptation from the comic you dont have a brain. Comics are different for everyone, because the story is taking place in your mind, and it holds great suspense in page turning. Of course things are going to be different in a comic movie, you need to look at what was there though. Atleast it wasnt a travesty like the X-men.

Kes
I only come into this thread. I'm never in this forum.
I think I saw it when you made it and it interested me smile
Well girls can be pretty rough too. Try going into the Johnny Depp thread and bashing him messed They will rip you apart laughing
Just an example, dont do it for really cos I'm the mod there and it would be a pain to calm them down.

Mr Parker
That is NOT a shallow standard to have wanted a true representation of the character of spider-man on the screen instead of getting this phony neautered version of hollywoods we got.Unlike you,I care if hollywood screws up the character of spider-man like they did by making a stupid change like organics.Do I care that MJ was saved instead og Gwen? No,that did not bother me one bit.whats bullshit is organics being in this movie,it was pointless and stupid and is a misrepresentation of his character.where did I say I want a perfect adaptation? nowhere.For one thing I dont mind MJ being Petes frist love instead of Mj because that was a reasonable change,organics are NOT a reasonable change.get that through your skull!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) and your wrong because it WAS a travesty like the xmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Zephonim
"it WAS a travesty like the xmen"? How?
Andgive up on the organics. They were changed, I am a b ig enough fan to look past those and see how great the movie was and how well it portrayed Spider-Man. Second best comic adaptation ever.

Mr Parker
Oh please, more like one of the worst adaptations ever.The organics ARE a travesty.The movie was horrible.I already gave my reasons on my other thread why it was horrible.Believe me,it was a lot more than just the organics that make it a horrible movie even though the organics ARE a travesty. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes
Even thou they changed a few things in X-men I dont think it was a travesty.The changes that were made were necessary for the story and to make it an acceptable movie.
Ppl flying around tends to look pathetic, just look at the Matrix. Superman is the only 1 who is allowed to fly wink
Plus adapting 40 years of comics isnt easy!

Zephonim
We get it. You hated the movie. Great. So quit posting on two different threads about it. Go back to your closed in little world where everything has to exactly like you want it. Things change. Movies don't perfectly copy what happens in the comics. I posted to your other one and the only complaint you have that really stands up is the organics. GREAT! So don't watch the movie. Don't see the sequal. Stop reading the comics if you want. No big deal. Just quit trying to ruin the movie for people who enjoyed it. I love Spider-Man, best superhero ever. I love the comic enough to look past the imperfections in the movie to see what a great adaptation it was. I posted what I didn't like, but I can still enjoy the movie because I love the character enough.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Zephonim
We get it. You hated the movie. Great. So quit posting on two different threads about it. Go back to your closed in little world where everything has to exactly like you want it. Things change. Movies don't perfectly copy what happens in the comics. I posted to your other one and the only complaint you have that really stands up is the organics. GREAT! So don't watch the movie. Don't see the sequal. Stop reading the comics if you want. No big deal. Just quit trying to ruin the movie for people who enjoyed it. I love Spider-Man, best superhero ever. I love the comic enough to look past the imperfections in the movie to see what a great adaptation it was. I posted what I didn't like, but I can still enjoy the movie because I love the character enough. [/QUOTE

Well tell that to the others to stop posting on THIS thread so I wont have to reply here.Exactly the way I want it? there are thousands out there who hated the movie because of the organics because we care about a true representation of the character.I know many people that feel the same as I do who hated the movie because of the organics,they're just not on this message board like I am.yes I know things change,but I keep pointing out to you,the organics were pointless and stupid.SPIDER-MAN best superhero ever?Yeah but one of the worst comicbook adaptations also.great adaptation ,give me a break,it looked like it was written by a 5 year old.and this message board isnt just a site to come to just to talk about how great a film is,if you dont want me to point out how awful the film is,then dont read my posts,plain and simple. sad

bakerboy
Please, man spider fans, stop to the betrayal and the unlogic . Mr Parker i right, that movie is stupid and a total betrayal for the comics. But you, man spider fans, are more and more absurd and unlogical in your posts. that movie isnt spider man , is man spider. Because spider man is a guy who is funny and make wisecrakings all the time, and is a guy who creatd his own fluid. The guy from the movie is only man spider.

The scene with peter creating his own fluid shouldnt be longer than 5 minutes or less. They could post it in the movie , but they only want to do his stupid version fo the character.

Who on hell could be a guy creating his own fluid unbelievle in a movie with a guy geting spider powers from a spider, sticking walls with boots and gloves, another guy getting super strenght drinking a formula and flying in a glider, a guy creating a high tech costume and drawing as a professional. That is ridiculous. All the things in the movie are as unbelievle as peter creating his web shooters. But you , man spider fans, only see what sony want to show you. You are only worried on seeing a movie with guy in a spider man costume. But that movie is only about MAN SPIDER. not spider man. Plain and simple.

Kes
For the last time. The movie is about a guy that crawls up walls. Thats what it is about. The web thing would be to unbelivable. It would. The other is explain, the web isnt and could never be. Hell him making the costume is stupid enough.

Mr Parker
and for the last time with you.Its NOT a true representation of his character,its a misrepresentation and a lie.Do it right or dont do it at all.we want to see spider-man on the screen "NOT"MAN-SPIDER,and thats who we saw.Yes the costume WAS stupid,but thats just it.the costume and those other well made points he made are even more stupid than the mechanical shooters,they only didnt use the mechs because it was lazy film making.a costume change like what they did with the villains in daredevil is one thing,but to screw up the character and misrepresent him like they did,thats an entirely different and major thing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zephonim
It is in no way a misrepresentation of the character of Spider-Man. It is a misrepresentation of an aspect of Spider-Man's powers. I always loved the 'character' of Spider-Man, or the person behind the mask. That is what most Spidey fans are attracted to. Who Spider-Man is. The movis conveyed him perfectly (sans the wisecracking).

(P.S. I see two, prove to me that there are thousands who hated the movie.)

Mr Parker
No matter what I say I probably wont be able to convince you that just because there are not thousands that come on the internet to talk about how much they hate the movie,doesnt mean they are not out there.For instance in the country bakerboy lives in,many of his friends he knows hate the organics in the movie.I have friends who also did not see the movie because of the organics.I know many people across the country who did not go see it because of that as do other online people I have spoken to who have said they and their friends did not go see the movie because of the organics or hated it like they knew they would because of them.regardless of what you may thing,those thousands ARE out there,they just dont come to the message boards is all. it IS a misrepresentation of him because thats NOT who he is? how damn hard can that be to understand???? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zephonim
What's not who he is? Not having made the mechs? Because of that the movie was a total misrepresentation? No, the mechs were a part of his powers, not part of who he truly was. They made him just as smart in the movie as he was in the books, they just skipped the mechs. Everything else about Parker was perfect. It is the character of Parker that kept me kooked after I started reading. It was the character that kept most people reading.

Mr Parker
without the mechs,he only appeared to be an average smart student,we really saw nothing that demonstrated his genius.again,it misrepresents WHO he is and the spidey mythos.

Kes
Sigh Mr. Parker you just have to accept that certain things just dont look good on film.
You cant take a comic book character and everything he does in the comics and put it in a movie. It just doesnt work that way. Specially considering that the movie will be scene by lots of ppl that have never read the comics.

Zephonim
They did make him smart. They mention at the graduation that he won the science award, and he is given a job to work with Dr. Conners. He would have to be smart to get both of those.

Mr Parker
Smart yes,but none of that showed he was a genius.

Mr Parker
Like I said before,the mechs were not used only because it was lazy film making,they werent even trying to put a great product out there.They knew they did not have to try because spider-man is such a popular icon figure,they knew it would make lots of money despite the fact that it would piss off thousands because they knew the kinds would get their parents to take them back mulitple times over and over again.

Zephonim
The mechs would not have worked. How were they supposed to explain that this kid in Queens had not only created a never before seen kind of substance in his bedroom, but also a never before seen kind of technology to use said substance? It doesn't work in a movie.

Mr Parker
This is hollywood we are talking about.It would have worked.He could have got the chemicals and equipment to create the fluid because of his access to equipment from doc connors lab.Never before seen technology? creating mechanical shooters isnt anything that a a genius would have much of a problem doing,its only fiction remember?Sure it can work in a movie,there are things in this movie that are far more unbelievable than that. roll eyes (sarcastic) sigh.

Zephonim
There are many things far more unbalivable. He would not have had access t the chemicals until he started college which was a while after the bite.

venomfan
HA HA HA! oh man there is some serious anger tward sony,whew its good to luagh and let go of the anger,but IF they mess up venom i WILL go super-crazy pissed.

Freddy_vs_Jason
that spider-man movie should b called manspider?!! hell-no! that would suck, its betta off spiderman 2

Shorty2Forty
spider man was a frekin spider when he was called man-spider,the webs originaly came out of his wrists in the comics so why the hell would they change that?!? and they called the movie spiderman because it is about spider man and not a frekin man-spider u twit

MsFit
As I know how strongly Mr. Parker feels about this, I will agree that the film should have been called Man-spider. I believe the sequel should be called 'You paid to watch this? Did you not see the first?!' roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway I'll always remember the comics, old cartoons and stuff. They are betrayed but never forgotten so lets not start a war over one poor production. What the f**k?

SuperNova
OMG! WOULD YOU GUYS SHUT UP! If this isnt the largest raising stink thread on the whole god damn site! So spiderman could spray crap out of his arms and his ass, SO? Its more freckin realistic than him finding out how to make a material strong enough to latch onto a bridge and hold a trolly full of like 80 pound kids and like a few 200 pound adults while being beaten up, without it breaking! We barly even freckin been able to recreate the type of sticky pads gecko's have on their feet yet, , but they can be used for about 5 minutes, and only one time! And for someone to make webbing thats strong as like iron? Im sorry but, I think a man that can climb up walls and has a spider sense and is strong is not a super hero, without webbing. I mean, who really cares guys, You can pretend he was shooting out his fake webbing instead of crap. I mean... Jesus christ you people find the gayest things to yell about...

Shorty2Forty
thank u

venomfan
well put supernova. buy the way has every one seen the web capsules from his comics? they look like friggin pez

Mr Parker
there sure are a lot of manspider fans here.

venomfan
manspider fans? i said supernova had a good point, whether or not someone likes or dislikes a movie you have to expect somebody to stick up for it.

Zephonim
It really has gone too far, the movie was close enough that people should be able to overlook the small flaws. No movie has ever done any hero perfectly. The webs were wrong, DEAL WITH IT!!

bakerboy
What is very annoying and absurd is the icoherant attempts of the man spider fans to say that a guy creating a fluid is unbelievle when all the things in the movie are unbelievle, all the things. Its a superhero movie based in a comic book, not a documental based in the Vietnam war. A guy with spider powers from the bite of a spider is more unbelievle, or a guy getting super strenght drinking a formula, etc, etc. For not mention that peter creating that high tech costume is as or more unbelievle that peter creating his fluid. That excuse is getting older and older, man spider fans.

BarmyBrummie
Venomfan: Go go dude!! Tell it like it is
I hardly know a thing about spiderman but the thing is changing one little thing doesn't ruin the franchise. Look at how much was changed in the x men movies, the origins are nothing like the comic but it hasn't ruined the franchise. Its made it better and much more believable. I know that spiderman isn't all that believable but things like the glider we have seen in movies before and things like that have been made but have been declared to unsafe for public use. No one would believe though that a young college scientist would be able to come up with something as strong as that 'organic' webbing when other, more clever scientists cannot

Zephonim
It has nothing to do with what is more believable and what is less believable, it's how many of those things make it into the movie. At a point it becomes too much. He couldn't have made the costume, he shouldn't be able to climb walls or any of that stuff, but the webbing would have been one more line we had to cross. Granted, if they had done the web shooters rather than something else it would have worked, but too many things would become too much. They would have had to spend allot more time on the web shooters and their creation than they had time to give. I would prefer they didn't do the shooters than do them half assed.
Either way you feel about this, you are more than welcome to feel that way, just think about wht other people think before trashing what they say.

venom4life
EDIT

Ego Fum Papa
So Man-Parker and Boy-Baker are stirring shit here too? *sigh* Me and Venom have some work to do.

venom4life
EDIT

Zephonim
Go at it. Boo ya.

Drizzle
honestly I preffer the organic web shooters... what high school senior is going to know how to make a web shooter and how is Peter gonna be able to afford the maintenance on these web shooters on Uncle Ben's salary... errr.... pension..... errrrr insurance payoff. He was a poor kid who got super abilities. HE wasn't a rocket scientist who won the Nobel prize.

Godzilla2000
Well, well, well. If it isn't my old friends Mr. Parker and bakerboy. Your act hasn't changed much. I see since you've not gathered too many converts over at the Spiderman Hype, *sarcasm* oh apologies, MANSPIDER HYPE *sarcasm* forums, you've decided to spread your words of idiocy in other forums. Well, we won't let you troll without giving you a fight no matter where you go. evil face

Drizzle
whats so "high tech" about the costume? I know alot of highschool students that could recreate that costume. It wasn't bullet proof.... it didn't do anything special... it just hid his identity... thats a pretty lame argument. The hole character is not his web shooters it is he got bit by a radioactive spider... which in this case wasn't even radioactive it was genetically altered... which makes more since... Peter gets bit by a spider and gets super strength/agility a spidey since and organic web shooters...... or Peter gets bit and gets Super strength/agility a spidey since and the ability to all of the sudden design a high tech device to shoot webs so he can be more spiderlike?

Godzilla2000
I don't know about you, but the Mechanical webshooters Dumb and Dumber are so fond of sound even more high tech than his Spider-man costume. This just shows you how stupid these two are and how much unlogic they utilize.

Drizzle
I guess spandex and rubber have high tech qualities... maybe they should tell the Military so we can ditch those cotton and polyester blends in favor of a "high tech" spandex to stop bullets from enemy guns better....

Godzilla2000
Well, if the naysayers had their say, and I'm not mentioning any names here *ahem*, the military would be clad in spandex and riding around on gliders if you get my drift.

bakerboy
First of all,if you dont find the costume so high tech, i wonder that movie have you seen, because it wasnt man spider. In man spider, the costume was so high tech, with those lents in his eyes and all, hat a poor guy like peter couldnt create for himself. So , if by your absurd logic, peter isnt enough intelligent and enough rich to create the web fluid, he isnt enough intelligent and enough rich to create the hig tech costume too.

And for that people called venom idiot for life, ego fum papa( as knowed as drskata or drskatroll) and godzilla2000( as knowed as croughing power ranger hidden man spider), they are only part of the man spider gang from the superherohype boards, a group of nazis and fascists who are following us to all the forums and insulting us only for critizing that movie. Dont take notice on what they are posting, is always the same inflamatory garbage: lies, insults, personal ofenses , silliness and unlogic.

Drizzle
serriously that costume could easily be produced by any high school student. The eyes wouldn't be very hard at all to duplicate. We are not talking Quantum Physics here..... I don't know why you can't seem to understand the costume is not high tech. In fact I know a kid that made an exact replica of the costume worn by the actor. It cost him just under $200 with all of the fabric and supplies. He finished it in about 4 months time. however he couldn't come up with a device to shoot webs from his wrists.

venom4life
EDIT

Scarlet spidey
Hismile

Ego Fum Papa
The costume could've easily been made within a few weeks (he was on summer break) for under $500 (graduation money and the $100 from the wrestling match). All he would need is fabric, a little bit of liquid latex or fabric glue, thread, sewing equipment, mirrored lenses, a sander with which to shape the lenses, and Fun Foam to stick them on the mask. The webshooters on the other hand, would cost (assuming he could invent them) well over $1000 for the custom-cut metal pieces, at least $50 for the other hardware components (springs, tubes, containers for the cartridges, etc.), and the cost of whatever insane amount of chemicals he would need.

Zephonim
This kicks so much ass having other people on my side. This Man-Spider crap is bull, but no matter what you say to them they fail to see that what they are saying makes no sense.

Ego Fum Papa
Try dealing with them for three years...sad

Zephonim
I feel your pain.

Brenden
]I'm sure someone's said this already, but... isn't this whole 'argument' rather pointless? It seems that no one's opinions are bound to change any time soon.

As for the "purists"... you should be happy that there's a movie at all, regardless of how many differences there are. (unless they're really ridiculous, and sorry, but him not making his own web-shooters isn't such a big problem... they could have done something really stupid, like in Daredevil...) It draws in new people who will think, 'hey, the movie's cool, I think I'll read the comics!'

But, I doubt this post will make any difference, but I figured I might as well say something.

Ego Fum Papa
What change did they make in Daredevil that was so stupid, out of curiosity?

Zephonim
Against most other's opinions I thought Daredevil kicked some ass. I really did enjoy the movie quite allot. I watched it again today and I really do think it's badass.
And along the lines of the other argument, I know no one's opinion wioll change, I just think that people should look and see how much money the movie made, and how many people did enjoy it. They obviously must have done something right to warrent so many people seeing it.

venomfan
no it is impossible to change someones mind around here. i think dare devil was disliked becuase kingpin went down real quick, but he should have...and hes white. i got the DVD i enjoyed the movie

Godzilla2000
Well, I don't know if you frequent the Spider-man Hype Forums at Superhero hype at all, but with Mr. Parker and bakerboy, they've been doing this same spiel since before the first Spider-man movie was released. These two are like a broken record if you know what I mean. Or more appropriate for this day and age, a scratched up, skipping CD.

Liza's Matt
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls...I have been dealing with these two for 3 years...you guys should check ou the Superhero hype board...and on behalf of SHH, let me apologize for these two.

Mr.Parker - The movie was changed, it's 2 years later...get over it. If you don't like it, fine. Don't tell other people they shouldn't.

Bakerboy - Michelle Pfeiffer is old, ugly, and a bad actress. (get ready for some fireworks)

Mr Parker
its NOT crap that IS who he is.Your living in denial just like these other 3 pests who followed me over here to this site.Those 3 got no logic,they talk to me expecting me to read what they say when I stopped reading anything they said to me a long time ago.Its sad how just like them,you cant distinguish spider-man from man-spider.I'm glad to see at least MSFIT has logic and common sense and knows that was manspider on the screen.No matter what we say to you,that this was a phony neatured version of hollywoods and the character is MAN-SPIDER,just like them,YOU fail to see what you manspider fans are saying makes no sense no matter what we say to YOU.Like I said,at least MSFIT has logic and knows what I am talking about.

and by the way MATT,I still to this day complain how they screwed up the batman movies yet I dont hear you saying anything about me criticising those films all the time like I do 15 years later after the first one was made.

Zephonim
I am more than able to distinguish Spider-Man from Man-Spider. Are you? I know, proably as well as anyone else, who the character of Spider-Man is, and that's who was in the movie. I have always been more focused on Spidey as a character rather than his powers. That was Spider-Man on the screen. If all you have to back up your Man-Spider theory is the organic shooters, you have nothing. they change one thing about him and it makes him a character who was the opposite of who Spider-Man is? Doesn't work that way.
Give me more to go on. I am more than willing to join your side, but you have given me nothing that proves you are right, or that you even know what you are talking about. Convince me that there are more reasons than the web shooters, that there are more things that make him Man-Spider.

Mr Parker
you are failing to admit the truth that this was a phnoy neautered version of hollywoods,you cant call him spider-man.spider-man has mechanical webshooters on his wrist,how freeaking hard is that to understand? he IS MAN-SPIDER because spider-man has mechanical devices on his wrist.I think I have mentioned that before? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scythe
Good point.

Mr Parker
Thanks SCYTHE,now can you try to explain this to him that was MAN-SPIDER we saw on the screen because I have not had any luck getting through to him on that.

Zephonim
I am 100% aware that Spider-Man had mechanical web shooters. I am 100% that the Spider-Man in the movie had organic shooters. You have expressed this point many, many, MANY times. We all get it, but is that is the only reason you're calling him that, you need more to go on to convince people.
I understand how pissed you are about it. I was too, at first. But I was able to look past it and see how great the rest of the movie was. How well they portrayed other aspects of Spider-Man and his story.

Mightyrain
so then the Batman movies should be called Man-bat, because he didn't wear grey and blue cloth material and instead had black leather and chest armor?

Godzilla2000
The only thing I see neutered here is you Mr. Parker. You're not a eunuch are you?

Godzilla2000
All bow before Mr. Parker and his omniscient wisdom!!

Mr Parker
No he would only need to be called MAN-BAT if he had organic wings to fly instead of the mechanical ones he used to fly in BATMAN RETURNS because he would be a monster then like PETER is now,no difference. roll eyes (sarcastic) I hope no hollywood screen writers are looking at this,I dont want to give them any ideas. big grin

Mr Parker
see you did EXACTLY what sony wanted you to do which was to look past it and feed them money which is what is really sad.

Zephonim
I did look past it, but not to feed Sony money (I do enough of that with my Playstation 2) but because I like Spider-Man and the things they did right in the movie. I agree with you that the organic shooters were weak, but not to the point that it ruined the rest of the movie. Look at all the things they did right. Try to enjoy those things rather than focusing on the thing you didn't like. It was a great telling of the Spider-Man story. Any true fan would be able to see that.

Godzilla2000
So basically in essence according to Mr. Parker, even if you love the Spidey comics, if you like the Spider-man movie as well you are not a real fan. How shortsighted.

Zephonim
That's exactly what I think. I am enough of a Spider-Man fan to look past o few imperfections to see how awesome the movie really was.

Ego Fum Papa
Definitely agreed. Too bad Man-Parker and boy-baker can't see that.

Mr Parker
Well that IS what you did and again you did EXACTLY like they wanted you to do which is give them money.Surely you have got to be joking? it was a horrible telling of the spider-man story and any true fan would see that.as I stated on that other thread of mine,it was a LOT more than just organics that made this movie a horrible film.The movie looked like it was written by somebody with the ideas of a 5 year old,seriously.It had some good points in it like the special effects such as the web slinging scenes and and the oscorp building,and the performance of William Defoe as Norman Osborn,and JK Simmons as JJJ but unfortunately it had a lot more negatives than positives about it to be an enjoyable movie.I already mentioned how it was a shame how defoe had a costume that was so stupid looking which damaged his performance as the green goblin and how people could not take him seriously because of that costume.I dont bother reading what venom for life,godzilla 2000 or Ego Fum Papa say to me because they lost their credibility as posters because at that other site they engage in name calling just because I say the movie should have been called man-spider all the time.Venom for life is finding out he cant get away with that kind of childish name calling here that him,gozilla and his buddy Ego Fum Papa engage in and get into name calling all the time there.To give you an idea of how childish they are,Ego Fum Papa once tried to get us banned there just because we refer to the movie as man-spider,shows you how childish they are and how they cant be taken seriously.

The only reason Ive discussed this with YOU as long as I have is because you have stayed away from their childish name calling they always engage in at that site.As that other poster said,neither side is going to change the other ones mind,we've been going at this for 6 months now with neither side changing the other ones mind.I think its time to end the discussion.Either you got logic and common sense like MSFIT does and sees that he is a monster now and his character is now MAN-SPIDER or you dont,no amount of explanation I see will get you to see that was the character of MAN-SPIDER on the screen.those other 3 posters obviously have an obsession with me and bakerboy for the fact that they felt the need to follow us here to this site,that is truely sad that just because they found out we post here,they felt the need to follow us here,they clearly have no lives.

Mr Parker
more like how horrible the movie really is.People like you I have no doubt would not mind it if he had 8 arms just as long as a spider--man movie is made,after all you obviously dont mind a few imperfections. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
By the way that person who said the organics draws in new people does not have a clue whatsoever what he is talking about because all the organics did was dumb down his character. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ego Fum Papa
I tried to get you banned for the harassing PMs, the threads in non-Spider-Man forums (Daredevil, Superman, and Batman) bitching about it being "MANSPIDER" and shit, the thread you and your buddy started just to insult me, and the countless redundant threads about this same ****ing topic. It's not because you called the movie "MANSPIDER." I don't give a shit about that. It's because you're a ****ing troll, plain and simple.

Nitrion
--Hey why not organic webs? That makes him a mutant...! It makes him more interesting. Why? ...Does somebody hate X-men? What? You expect him to be like '--Bat man?" -"---No Powers?!" At least batman should have been bitten by a normal bat and at least the venom of the bat he could have been bitten by could have had a gene in it that made batman, become spliced half human half bat, just like on Batman beyond! Even though Batman Beyond, some say might be phony, still,... It makes the character more interesting...
"---Besides that hey I'm waiting for a Batman 5!' When on earth do they care to even make the movie?

("Do not feel threatened, I just might be cute!"wink

Ego Fum Papa
What the shit? Am I the only one who didn't understand most of this post? And in Batman Beyond, he didn't get bitten by anything, nor was he half human half bat. He became Batman by stealing the suit to avenge his father's death. He had no superpowers that weren't given to him by the suit, which was technologically enhanced.

Nitrion
--There was a very prominent theme called "splicing" in batman beyond, where animal DNA was mixed with humans in order for humans to gain certain animal features. (animal eyes, toungue, strength, etc.) There was a episode were Terry was turned half bat by some evil guy who was into splicing! I'm just saying that it would be interesting for the same to happen to the original batman!..." But what you say is true about the suit, it was technologically enhanced.

Zephonim
"People like you I have no doubt would not mind it if he had 8 arms just as long as a spider--man movie is made,after all you obviously dont mind a few imperfections."

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded 8 arms as long as they told the story of Spider-Man. I love the story of Spider-Man. I love how most of his villans have intricate interesting stories. I love how Parker is always having to face problems that affect either Spidey or Parker. I love how difficult being Spider-Man has made his life. They made Spider-Man into the hero that most people would be like. The hero who has to protect not only his hero life, but his personal life at the same time. As long as they had gotten the character of Spider-Man and Peter Parker down I would have been happy.
I realize that they goofed on things. They didn't make him enough of a smart ass and they started the story with a different chick. But look at everything else. Those calling the movie Man-Spider are looking for an impossible thing. No studio would have been able to create the perfect retelling. You hated the Goblin suit, you hated the organic webbing, you hated the dialogue. Was there anything in the movie you enjoyed?
Think about this too. How many versions of Spider-Man are there? How many different comic titles deal with Spider-Man or his story? How many times have his origins been retold? I'm not sure myself, but I have a good feeling that it has been quite a few times. Every version has put their own spins on the story, whether it's an extremely small change, or to make his webbing organic, they all make their own changes. Sam Raimi made some changes, but was able to keep the movie based on the story of Spidey.
I also have read many times how much everyone hated the Green Goblin costume. I was not a fan of the bady suit, but I loved the mask. Look at Doc Ock, he doesn't look like in the comics at the beginning, but more than likely you hate how he looks too. Whatever. Again, I know I'm not gonna change either of your mind's, I just thought I would justify what I have said in previous threads and give you my opinion again on what happened in the movie.

Zephonim
" Either you got logic and common sense like MSFIT does and sees that he is a monster now and his character is now MAN-SPIDER or you dont,no amount of explanation I see will get you to see that was the character of MAN-SPIDER on the screen.those other 3 posters obviously have an obsession with me and bakerboy for the fact that they felt the need to follow us here to this site,that is truely sad that just because they found out we post here,they felt the need to follow us here,they clearly have no lives."

Sorry to post again right after the last one but I had to comment on this.
It has nothing to do with logic, it has to do with what youa re willing to look past when trying to enjoy the movie. Logic would state that they changed one thing about the character, a thing that kept everything else unchanged, but didn't change the character. Illogic would say that they changed one thing about the character, and that thing made the character a total opposite of what he originally was.
Secondly, I think it is kinda sad on both sides of the argument have moved to another foum. I thin it's sad that you couldn't convince people on another post and tried to do it here, and I think it's sad that the other side has decided they couldn't convince you there so they might do it here. I honestly don't have time to look for another forum. I barely have time to write on this one. It has nothing to do with not having lives. It has to do with where you place your priorities. If you're gonna critizes people for following you to this site you have to look at how long you had been posting before they even showed up.

Mr Parker
Ha ha.for ONCE somebody admits that they will accept ANY kind of spider-man movie which is what you just did.Actually this isnt the first time I've seen somebody admit they will accept any kind of spider-man movie,at that other site,Ive seen people say-I would go see this movie if he didnt shoot out any webbing or if Doc Ock was a pink octopus.You just admitted what most others wont and deny, that you wouldnt have minded if they gave him 8 arms. big grin

Mr Parker
Hey I have seen posters there post about other sites they post at but you know what? I am not obsessed with those posters like these 3 are with me to go and follow those posters to those other sites they post at?Becausewhere they post at another site has absolutely nothing to do with me.I happen to love movies so this site being called KILLER MOVIES was a site I found very interesting to look at.I didnt come here just to talk about spider-man.If you look in the horror section,you will see where I am talking about the halloween movies that have been made also.I dont just talk about the spider-man movie here. I didnt come here to try and convince other people because most the posters at that other site have no logic what so ever.Plus at that spider-man site,the way these 3 posters found out I post here was because another poster who posts here made a thread about us in a section thats only to talk about the spiderman movie and upcoming spoilers,yet this poster is obviously obsessed with us also because he goes and creates a thread in that section telling people we post here.I mean thats pathectic.I mean geez,at least Im not going to go and make a thread to announce to everybody where a person posts at another site,especially if its in a section to only talk about the upcoming movie,thats just plain childish.

I guarantee you,if venom for life,his buddy and Godzilla found out we were posting here back in september,they would have joined then to. roll eyes (sarcastic) They'll even admit that I'm sure.What baffles me about those 3 that follwed us and what I think is so hysterical about them is how they have no logic at all.We stopped reading anything those 3 said to us a long time ago because they constantly engage in name calling all the time,yet they still address us after all this time. how do I know that if I dont read what they say? I have friends here at THIS site and at that site who keep me informed.Like I said,they obviously got some kind of problems or something the fact they still address us after all this time when we just ignore them all the time and stopped reading their posts a long time ago. laughing laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
thats ANOTHER reason why the organics are such a bad idea.It changes his character entirely. Just like he said,He wasnt a mutant before,NOW he is and that sucks.

Zephonim
" Ha ha.for ONCE somebody admits that they will accept ANY kind of spider-man movie which is what you just did.Actually this isnt the first time I've seen somebody admit they will accept any kind of spider-man movie,at that other site,Ive seen people say-I would go see this movie if he didnt shoot out any webbing or if Doc Ock was a pink octopus.You just admitted what most others wont and deny, that you wouldnt have minded if they gave him 8 arms"

You still don't seem to get it. I would have accepted an 8 arm Spider-Man if they could have explained it and got everything else right. I am willing to accept the webbing becasue they can explain it and I can ignore it to see how many other things were done so well.
I also have a question for you. Are you gonna see the next movie?

Mr Parker
yeah I'll see it so I can come back here and bash the next film. big grin But after that,seeing as how this one looks as equally as dissapointing as the last one,I probably wont see anymore after that.

ash007
hey Parker i know who u are were u at the memory walk a couple of months ago and yo uactually saw and had your photo taken with John Glover

Mr Parker
uh No as much as I love Smallville,I have never met John Glover or any of the actors on that show before.I wish I could say that was me but it wasnt.

ash007
But didn't u do this thing called Memory Walk

and i am sure you were there didn't u have your pic taken with him

if i am wrong i appoligise i been drinking to much caffenie

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>