JUST THOUGHT ID SAY HELLO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH CHIEF
hi all just signed up for the board so i thought i would introduce myself. im steve a replica prop nut from england. i collect all star wars props from sabers to breathers and cant with another good damn 400 days arrrrrgggghhhhhh smokin'

ratcat
Hi DC, nice to see you. This should really be a GDF thread though. I predict that this will magically move very soon. wink

toochilled
HELLO!

darth fester
hello how are you smokin'

Dim
Hi DC! big grin

Okay, magically moving topic... rolling on floor laughing
*starts her incantation*

ratcat
My foresight serves me .. BLAH BLAH blah

DARTH CHIEF
i collect mainly sabers and dont have any up for sale at the moment but i am just about to get my first saber project off the ground this weekend. i have found a precision engineers shop here in england that is willing to make the sabers for me. all i have to do now is get the cad drawings done...... and i HATE cad. first saber im doing will be a luke rotj hero... then hopefully taking it onto the stunt saber... after that what ever comes along . if anyone has any cad/cam drawings of sabers they want creating email them to me and i will see if i could get them produced.... as long as i can have one too. big grin

queeq
Well, there are a couple of sites on the web that tell you exactly how to make sabre props. They also have good pics to go with it. I don't know them on the top of my head, but a little searching on the net will take you there in no time. Maybe they have cad drawings as well.

Gundark
Can you image getting in line for ep2 with a saber hilt hanging off your belt ? That would be totally beyond cool. smokin'

Ushgarak
My friends Zeriel and Thrax have long been working on a plan to build prop sabres that they can use for mock fights. They've got a lot of stuff together.

Gundark
Welcome, DC ! smile

queeq
HI DC. What kind of props do you have? Do you sell any of them?

queeq
Cool. I'd love to have one, but it needs some parts that are pretty hard to get these days. Maybe a prop of the sabres in EpI are easier to make.

DARTH CHIEF

queeq
Wow, costly indeed. Does he have a website where we can see them?

ratcat
Who needs to spend loads of money for fights. The Hasbro toy sabres can take one hell of a pounding.

darth fester
www.parksabers.com
www.plasmasabers.com
www.goldenarmor.com
www.futurehorizons.net

for costumes lightsabers smile smile

queeq
Wow, that is... quite a lot. Thanks.

darth fester
no problem smile

Gundark
I think I'm gonna have to have one. No, I know I'm gonna have to have one. evil face

queeq
Me too. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Your friends cannot be as expressive as mine, RC. They broke the Hasbro sabres in less than a week.

ratcat
Obviously.

queeq
Cool stuff. Yet, the price still has to be paid.

DARTH CHIEF
if you want some ep1 sabers the guy who lives in the u.k has a site at http://www.darthsworkshop.fsnet.co.uk/links.htm.
hes the guy who i got my maul saber from which you can see on the site. you may think the price is high but these are exact replicas made of high quality aluminium and i can say that hez's saber are fantastic. take a look and email him or phone him if you live in the u.k .

finti
price? what price where is Vanna White?

queeq
Now that's something I'd pay for. laughing out loud

ratcat
Gosh, that would be exciting for you... laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.