Neo: Man or Machine?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CandyKoRn
Views etc...

SimplePriest
Man

bjn74
Machine...and you CandyKorn??

JediHDM
Man...and machine. Neo was a man who died, and "transcended", gaining the code of the ONE, but changing it. He has the mind of a man, and the body of a man, but he is a program, a creation of the system, although he is changed, his "conciousness altered".

In christianty, it is believed by some (myself included) that Jesus was not God until he was baptized, until the Spirit descended upon him. At that point, Jesus was still a man, but he was God, also. In this way is Neo both Man, and Machine.

Crash_Overload
What he said

SimplePriest
Hmm, I revise my statement. Man and machine, the way that Jedi and Crash said. That explanation is more of what I thought, but I didn't think to write it all out > hence I only said man. Wow, that was lazy. Well anyhow, man and machine. And freakin cool!!

-=Urot=-
*** Neo is Human. ***

The Architech even stated as much.

Here is his statement.

I hope that helps.

CandyKoRn
yea, just because he say's so, doesn't mean it's the truth.

JediHDM
thats true, however, the Architect also refers to the code Neo "carries", and only machines carry code. Humans don't carry code, their mind processes are digitized when they jack in. Ergo, i believe that, although he is flesh and blood, Neo is also machine...

CandyKoRn
We are all machines if you think about it.

JediHDM
Explain that, because im too tired to shoot it down at this moment.

neo_dragon
has anyone considered for a moment that maybe just maybe, to control the endless fields of human beings, the machines placded tracking devices in the peoples' bodies so that they would know when a battery has died? and maybe, just maybe, that they chose one to carry the source code just in case the matrix was corrupted by a virus (smith)? just a little food for thought.

JediHDM
But the first EMP blast, and every person in the radius would have a good dose of electricity, and/or an explosive blast go off in their body...try again...

Korri
hes a man http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/drool.gif

tshirt
He's a man. Allegedly, he carries the "source code". This could be done in a number of ways, maybe in in a tracking device previously mentioned (although I doubt that), maybe by altering DNA structure, or by other biological materials into Neo.

Sifer
Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Korri
like transform a snacks only they are potato snacks erm

CandyKoRn
I like those. stick out tongue

joeboy
he is a program. Go to the resterant scene. Just after the woman has her orgasm, neo is told that why is what seperate us from them. He also makes good reference to the control issue.

JediHDM
yes, Mero says that, and right after that, Mero says "You, from me". That means that it is all the machines from the humans, and the Mero from Neo. Ergo, Neo=human.

miggfl
i think he's a goat

CandyKoRn
interesting......

elaborate?

smile

Sifer
But it could also mean he is different due to the fact that they are programs with human hosts...who knows :P

Evil Dead
For the person who used the architect's dialogue of "you remain irrevocably human" as proof that Neo is a mere mortal man...........the architect then goes on to say the words, "your predecessors were BY DESIGN"........................

Neo is not human.........nobody is human........the closets thing to a human in either movie thus far is the Architect, he is either the avatar of the human who created the Matrix or he is a program whose design is based upon the human who created the Matrix.

JediHDM
Yes, he does say that, but we know that the ONE is a program that is inserted into the mind of the Anomaly, for later on, the Archie is speaking of the code Neo carries being the similar to his predecessors, but NEO is HUMAN...

Evil Dead
incorrect..........when the architect says his predecessors were "by design" he is referring to them haveing a general affection for humanity whereas Neo experiences this more specificly, love for Trinity. The anomaly (the one) is merely the code that is needed to be disseminated and reloaded into the program to basically reboot the system. That is all the anomoly is. It has nothing to do with emotion. The architect sits there and tells us what the purpose of the "one/anomoly" code is......and it ofcourse was just another measure of control. A failsafe. It is merely the code that needs to be reinserted into the system to prevent it from crashing and killing every human jacked into it. As I said, it has nothing to do with emotion.....yet the architect said that Neo's predecessors were DESIGNED to experience affection for the human species in a genral way (paraphrasing).

icansee
Neo is a man and you know he is, "Even the agents say it"

Sifer
Well what is Bane now? Is he not a human? Of course he is.

The Omega

JediHDM
Omega> Are you sure it's not the other way around, they have a profound attachment b/c they are the One? I dont think the Oracle has any say as to whether or not Neo becomes the one, i think he is pre-"programmed", for lack of a better term, to be the ONE...

icon
I agree Jedi

SimplePriest
I'm still kinda confused as to how the One has a code, and is a human and all that. Could you guys elaborate on that.

here's what I thought it meant:
He IS a human. But he Somehow (?) gets this code in him that restarts the matrix when he returns to the source. And how did Neo become the One? Was it just his choice to do it, so now he becomes the one to fill in that role. Well actually never mind... because he would need the code in him, and where would that happen if he wasn't the one at birth. So is he the One at birth, and he just has to realize it? How does that work? Why does choice in the matrix turn into there being a "ONE" (?) Why is it that people having choice results in there being a "One" is what I mean to say. And why does the architect need him to come back to the source and choose to go through the certain door? If they put the code in him than why do they need him to do it? Couldn't they just put the code into the source themselves?

Somebody, please help... blink

Korri
blink

Sifer
Well you just answered your own question Priest.

The problem is choice!

tshirt
How and where?

My impression was that he was born with it.

JediHDM
the ability for humans to have "Choice" (which, yes, is debate-able) causes them, as a collective whole, to create a vent for thier disbelief; Neo is the way for humanity to put aside their disbelief, and still have it surface...Let me explain that better...Everyone has some degree of disbelief, about their world, their life..., Most people put it away, believe what they are led to believe rather than follow their gut instinct...those that do follow it are the underground, some of which are freed, some are killed by Agents, etc. Those that dont keep rejecting their own choice, that that choice has to go SOMEWHERE...the Anomaly is created to relieve that pressure...That explains why it takes so long between each anomaly, and also why there is only one. The collective "anomaly" then just randomly chooses a person, or is inserted into the next person "born" in the Matrix, or whatever, but that is how I perceive it to happen...

burlyman
'one of you is going to die, which one it is, is up to you'
do you remember when morpheus was being held by the agents
...and then neo (and trin) went in to rescue him
...and then smith kills him
...trinity resurects him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.