People Under The Stairs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
I have seen this moive prolby around 30 times i own it but every time it comes on scifi i cant help but watch it all again i never have gotten sick of it it was just so orignal and i have never heard of a moive like it before so it was really creative and also very very funny and very good u luved it also and this thread is dedicated to jrkickass cause she reminede me about the moive

BackFire349
yeah its awesome, so cheesy and funny.

DeNiro
Daddy dont shoot ur gun outside u know better. hahaha greta line

that women giving cops the cookies cops leave and she goes my they all burn in hell

Striel
I LOVE this movie! I hadn't even seen it til a couple months ago. I think I'll buy it if I ever find it cheap.

SlipknoT
I didnt like this movie that much, although I did think it was funny when that guy was in the leather costum and he was shooting into the walls trying to get that kid in the walls

Lord_Andres
I HATE this movie so STUPIT

Striel
You spelled stupid wrong.

Mordecai
laughing I love when things like that happen...

pwned!!! *points finger at Lord Andres*

well.....sort of. whistle

amlap
god what a crazy movie... i havent seen that movie in ages.

wasnt there a rapper in it?

Cinemaddiction
My god, I went and rented this on your guys recommendation and I want my money back. After renting and watching "Last House on the Left" last night, and this nugget today, I almost wanted to mail bomb Wes Craven.

So, an already racist couple, stuck in the 50's live in the ghetto, and have to bar themselves in. They are rumored to have some rare coinage, which becomes the draw for 2 black people so they can pay their rent. I guess being the stereotypical stool pigeon for robbing liquor stores wasn't enough.

They have an attack dog that's trained to sic black people, the mom is a Mommy Dearest clone, the Dad runs around in a gimp suit, shooting his rifle at some kids in their walls and cellar, that hollar as if they we're afflicted with downs syndrome, or worse yet, Tourette's, and they never explain where they came from?

Where the hell did all the "un-normal" kids come from? On top of all that, the acting was hoooooooorrrrrribllllleee..as were the racial jokes the poor black kid was made to recite. So early 90's.

I don't know how you kids could watch this once, much less 30 times. It was a huge waste of my time, and I probably should have known better.

Hell, "Tales from the Hood" and "Bones" were better "Urban Horrors" than this! And I guarantee, there was alot less racism, and atleast the plots were distinguishable.

BackFire
I can understand you not liking people under the stairs, it is a stupid movie taht you have to watch for comedic reasons, if you expect an actual horror movie then you will definately be upset.

But wow, you don't like Last House on the Left? Surprising, it's probably the most innovative horror film of the past 40 years, besides TCM. It was unlike anything else that had been made when it came out.

Cinemaddiction
It was just too silly for me, and my favorite movie of all time is "UHF", and this one still failed to make me laugh. The story was just too all over the place, and the only "funny" part about it was the gimp suit, because it made absolutely no sense.

I didn't see anything innovative about "Last House", though. 2 girls get kidnapped, raped, and murdered by a group of psychos. Unfortunately, it happens everyday somewhere in America, and usually stuff like that is better suited for a Quentin Tarrantino movie. It was clever to have them ultimately end up at the girls house so the parents could exact their revenge, though.

It, like TCM, were probably shocking for their time, and naturally they were eclipsed, but it was more disturbing than innovative. I was just expecting more. That's all.

BackFire
well, the fact that no other movie had ever been made like Last house makes it innovative. Especially if you look at horror films before Last house and then look at films made after Last house, they are very different, because it was the first film to try to disturb us with realistic horrific scenes, rather then off the wall monsters and cheezy killers.

Cinemaddiction
Well, in that sense, sure. I just meant, I don't see alot of movies with that same theme. Maybe because it was only shocking once, or everyone knows not to touch a classic?

It was certainly disturbing, as were the 70's synthisizer sounds when someone's getting stabbed. Whats even scarier was the soundtrack.

Holy Toledo, and I thought that song during the end credits of "People Under the Stairs" was bad.

BackFire
haha, I'll agree with you there, the music is terrible.

BackFire
also, there are quite a few 'rape/revenge' films out there now...

I Spit on Your Grave
Irreversible
House by the edge of the park
Last House on Dead End Street

You should check all of those out, they are all pretty decent. Irreversible and I spit on your grave are among the most disturbing films ever made.

Striel
CinemaAddiction, I am curious what kind of horror movies you actually like if the ones you mentioned didn't appeal to you. Are you more of a "I know what you did last Summer" kind of fan?

wacko

Striel
I think some people take movies like this too seriously. Just go with it, don't expect to be terrified.

Cinemaddiction
Man, the only way I can really describe what kind of horror fan I am is by saying "varied".

I own all the Evil Dead movies, in addition to "Dead Alive". I don't dig teen horror, i.e. Jeepers Creepers, nor do I go for any movies from the big 3 franchises past their 2nd installments, save Friday the 13th: A New Beginning.

I would love to get into old school horror, i.e. Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney, Jr., and Boris Karloff, but the outlets aren't there. Thats the same problem I have lookign for gore films. I am a blood n' guts kind of guy, but the more believable, the better.

Just take a look at my movie collection list, it's pretty eclectic, and I don't like to limit myself.

BackFire
have you tried netflix.com?

Striel
Just checking. Gore annoys me. I consider Dead Alive to be one of the worst movies ever made. I am not into the new teen horror trend either, but I thought for a moment if you didn't like a classic like Last house on the Left then maybe you were more into stuff like that...

Fallin Angel
oh , this was one of my favorite movies , it wasn't really a horror movie , it was more of a comedy for me

DeNiro
WOW arent u stuck on the racial issue. one its movie bro calm down. i couldnt imagine you watching american jistroy x. but ne way this movie is for specific tastes i think i luved it. and it wasnt about rasicim. at what point did they say the dog was trained to sic black people didnt you notice it went after the people's "adopted daughter" and also everyone in the walls and cellar were white. i mean it was just about two sick in the head people that wanted a so called "perfect child" it was just a comedic "horror flick" dont know why you took so much offens to it.

Cinemaddiction
I didn't take offense at all, and I love love love "American History X". There were just a few too many racially motivated sight gags and jokes for my liking. Kind of like in "National Security". One looooong racial equality joke by a failure of a comic in Martin Lawrence.

It's plot points were just too scrambled and hard to follow to enjoy.

amlap
National Security...
dont ever say that ****ing title again...wanna talk bout a waste of time.

DeNiro
just a differnce of opinons thats all. its cool thumb up Yea I Luved American Histroy X you would also like Romper Stomper and High Learning I belive also if you liked AHX

Cinemaddiction
No shit. I was looking for good Steve Zahn movies, and gave this one a try. Thankfully, it was only a $1 DVD rental.

Romper Stomper, eh? I'll have to check it out, because I've seen Higher Learning a few times, and should own it. I wanted to see "Architecture of Doom", a documentary on Adolf Hitler, but I think Queenie, black chick at Hollywood may get the wrong idea. confused

We're "down" though, so she'd understand. stick out tongue

DeNiro
The history channel has all intresting subjects on Hitler Neo Nazis and other forms of White Power I always found that topic intresting. "nor do I take ne part of it"

Cinemaddiction
That's what I'm saying. I'm not going out, givin' cats "curbies", I'm just interested. Like I am interested in serial killers, Nazi Germany, and Aliens.

Any movies on all 3, like..Neo Nazi Mass Murdering E.T's? eek!

DeNiro
History is history there is no reason why we cant studdy it without being called rasict you know stick out tongue

amlap
yea hi agree with romper stomper, great movie. i was lucky enought to find that in the flea market for 5 bucks.

DeNiro
I wish that I could find the movie canabli holacust still havent seen that yet but romper stomper you can find at my blockbuster

Lord_Andres
have you tried Amazon.com?

Cinemaddiction
Well, no one has it for rent around here of course, so I found it on Half.com for $7.50/shipped?

What do you kids think? If it's anything like AHX, then I am all for it. Looks like it's "unrated" too, which is good, Heh.

BTW, I looked for Cannibal Holocaust on eBay and Amazon. Seem to be plenty.

amlap
well its an aussie independent film with Russel Crowe for the lead. now some might not like him but he IS a damn fine actor. its got a great b movie feel.

DeNiro
Romper stomper takes place in like europe or around there its not in America. And it is also about japanses people/ chiense what ever they were in the movie. not about black people. Also it is alot differnt from American History X in many ways but still holds its own in a differnt kind of skinhead movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.