why want the machines just leave earth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joeboy
Humans could not have destroyed the sun. to do that, they would need smart machines. they could live on another planet. and have all the energy they want.

icon
uhhh. humans did NOT destroy the sun. they blackened the sky... check your movie.

Korri
lol

Vim
Humans could NOT have destroyed the sun, meaning, why don't the machines take off into space, and live on another planet, where the sun will shine on them, and they would have all the energy they need.! But I think its deeper than that, like in Second Renissance, the humans did not accept the machines' proposal to peace, and instead tried destroying all the machines, But they left, built their own city, 01, and then began to prosper, and when the humans tried to rid them once and for all, scrouged the sky, and then the machines sort of took revenge, killed all the humans, made them batteries!

Kes
Ah because the story is that way?!blink

Korri
Llaughing out loudL

Kes
hey thats just my opinion.

joeboy
i know they did not. So why use humans as batteries. How could it take ions to open the sky.

Some of the people in here are worse than Trekkies. They take the movie to serious as if the creators of the movie wrote a bible. looking at other answers want get you punnished by god.

Kes
I think this way they can control the humans. Otherwise they'd have to go to war.
Why dont they just go to another planet...well they are AI and they need to live...like when the went to 01 they created their own society,how would they make that in another planet?!Do you guys understand what I'm saying?

joeboy
AI can not truly write original code. Only change slightly. Or maybe you saying that there core program still want them to serve man. If he is one, who is zero?
I know that thismay be a tangent, but permissions in software are determined by numbers. lower the number the more power you will have on a database. 1 is not the highest power. An application at a lower level of control can never KILL a higher level. M
Maybe thats why neo lives after all theses attacks.

He is logged in as a superuser
HA HA cool

Kes
No I meant that the AI needs to live. Like in society...if they went to another planet where would they have the stuff to build....or why would the build? they'd have no purpose.

burlyman
AI were created to serve man, that is their purpose.
They cannot make humans extinct, but they can kill some to defend themselves.*
In the war between man and machine the AI could of just killed all the humans but they didnt, and 'a new symbiotic relationship was born' after the humans surrendered their cities.

* in SRI ~ BI66ER 'simply did not want to die'

CandyKoRn
well, were already working on f***ing up the sky anyway (in r/l)

Hurray for Global Warming!!!

Happy Dance

The Omega

JediHDM
uh-oh, shes invoking the name of NEO,...it must be a dark day in Denmark...

Sifer
I was going to put what burlyman said.

They try to give us a perfect world but we reject it...We're a bunch of arrogant bastards aren't we smile

JediHDM
Yes, yes we are...It was probably the French...Just joking, it was a joke, not meant to offend anybody...

Kes
laughing out loud

The Omega

Ushgarak
On the contrary, some people just appreciate that it is pointless nitpicking to try and take apart what is simply a basic concept of the film. Just appreciate the set-up of the film for what it is.

Sifer
Live in a desolate world or live in a perfect world - I know what I would rather have.

Kes
Well the world they live in isnt exactly desolated.
Plus perfect is boring. Thats why switzerland has such a high suicide rate wink

The Omega
Sifer> But wouldn't you like to have the choice?

JediHDM
Omega> I know i would...

SimplePriest
Omega> LMBO!! In the name of NEO.... That is great, and it is now going to be apart of my everyday speech. Errr, well maybe not. I think most people would find that weird. But as for here, that was hilarious.

Omega again> About choice...Good question. I'd want the choice. There is more I could say about choice, but it has to do with Christianity and would take a while. But, basically it has to do with how even God always gives us a choice.

Sifer
Well the fact remains in the film that they ARE given a choice. But only the exceptional are aware of it. But what do we do - we STILL reject it. Ho hum!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.