Principal Photography

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Today (Sept 17, 2003) principal photography was wrapped for Episode 3.

Post production is now starting.

Expect pick up shots to be done next March.

Lyn
Pick up shots?

LanceWindu
Where they shoot more scenes that weren't scheduled or just added, or sometimes shots that need to be redone for one reason or another.

Hypernova
They did that so quickly!!

LanceWindu
It was a 12 week shoot and it ended 5 days ahead of schedule.

Hypernova
rock

So GL and his crew are leaving Aus then? sad

yerssot
yes, going to the skywalker ranch now

Lyn
Thanx for that Lance...thumb up
Already leaving Aus... sad I feel the same as you Hypernova...I had hoped that one of the cast members would go on ROVE or something...
Skywalker Ranch?? Yerssot, didn't they film the only scene they needed for Ep3 while they were shooting Ep2??

yerssot
no, they shot the scene in Tunesia (Tatooine) for EpIII when they were shooting Ep2

other "outdoor" shots have been made with a small crew as all the backgrounds will be bluescreen

Darth Hater
Skywalker Ranch??

where GL calls home

Lyn
So where is Skywalker Ranch then?? Tunisia??

yerssot
California

Lyn
Ohhhhhh, that's where I screwed up then... DUH LYN!!
Thanx Yerssot, clears a lot up for me. thumb up
*smacks forehead*

LanceWindu
I want to go to Skywalker Ranch!!!

yerssot
and I want lyn to stop hitting herself big grin

LanceWindu
She does that a lot doesn't she?

yerssot
hope not!

LanceWindu
On the forums she does.

Rogue Jedi
i am sure she gets hit on a lot.

Hypernova
laughing out loud

I want to go to the ranch too!!

LanceWindu
It would be fun!

Lyn
laughing
I only do it when I post something silly...I mean that was just stupid of me thinking Skwalker Ranch was in Tunisia. I just thought because the Larrs Homestead was there that it was the ranch, I'm an idiot. And Yerssot, I'll try and stop hitting myself just for you stick out tongue wink
I'd love to see the ranch. Is that where HC auditioned, did the screen test?

yerssot
yes, the ones that are selected for a "personal screentest" (that's with camera and GL watching), that's all on the ranch

Lyn
So does GL live at Skywalker Ranch?? Is the homestead just sitting in the middle of a desert in Tunisia somewhere??

Hypernova
laughing out loud

I don't think his homestead aka Skywalker Ranch is in Tunisia somewhere. Someone already mentioned California yes

Lyn
Oh yeah I know Skywalker Ranch is in California, Yerssot told me.
I meant is the homestead just in the middle of Tunisia??

LanceWindu
Yes the Lars Homestead from ANH and AOTC is actually still in Tunisia, locals take tourists there for money.

Lyn
Oh ok, so it is open for people to look round in it?? Cool thumb up

Ushgarak
It's a hotel.

Lyn
Really?!?! Well...there's heaps I don't know about it then.

Ushgarak
It is the Sidi Driss hotel and it has not changed in 30 years at least; they pretty much carve rooms out of the rock there.

LanceWindu
It would be sweet to stay a night or more there.

Lyn
What an experience that'd be!! happy

Hypernova
*smacks my forehead* D'oh! laughing out loud

Don't know if I'd want to go to Tunisia just to visit the Homestead, but would love to see the Skywalker Ranch.

Lyn
laughing
Yeah Skywalker Ranch would be something...

Hypernova
A few things came out today from PMs talk - and the main one was that his role in Ep III is more than a cameo, and two that his scenes have not been shot yet. I am not sure if that is standard response to make sure details doesn't get revealed. Also, it does seem that GL goes all out in trying to protect his property! Everything seems controlled.

Lyn
Who has a cameo??

Ushgarak
It can;t be MUCH more than a cameo if he missed Principle Photogrpahy, can it? Chewbacca never goes outside again eh?

Hypernova
Dude, I was just telling you what Peter Mayhews (PM) himself said! He assured us it was more than a cameo. But then again, I am not sure if that is his reply to fob off unwanted questions.

yerssot
reminds me of a SW question they posted some times back, not sure if it was directly of Chewie or about a character from the OT who would return,
people voted for the option "having an important role in the movie"

perhaps this is GLs way to try and get the critics to like his movie?

Hypernova
Could be, yerssot.

Ushgarak
Ah! TWO OF his scenes have not been shot yet! Not all of them! The way it was worded before was unclear, that makes a lot more sense now. Thanks yerss.

AnakinFan
The web cam is supposed to come back on in March (or so I was told) thats when they go back for pick up shots.

My question is this.. Hayden gained alot of weight to fit into the Vader costume he weighs over 200 now. He can't change his looks between September of 2003 and March 2004 so is that why his other movie was cancelled?

The Other Side Of Simple was cancelled. They said it was due to problems with the actors but they didn't say which ones. I contacted Rotten Tomatos and Movies.com to find out what the heck is happening. The Other Side of Simple sounded good. Movies.com said they forwarded on the question to the director. So far no answer.

yerssot
well, he can always start massive workout if needed messed

Darth Hater
maybe it just conflicted with his involvement with star wars

i would drop any movie for SW

mephistodesigns
and anyone who wouldn't, well...SUCKS! wink

Lyn
i would drop any movie for SW...ME TOO, ME TOO!!

Darth Hater
laughing out loud

BOB Yup its me
I would really like to be Anakin for Episodes 2 and 3 just to kiss Padme shes is HOT!!! :P smile

mephistodesigns
jeez...

Lyn
laughing
I would LOVE to play Padme...just to get to wear all her cool costumes and well...to star with Hayden embarrasment love

Darth Hater
too bad padme's not gonna look THAT hot in ep3...

Lyn
Yeah...I'm curious to see what they design for her.

mephistodesigns
yeah, they wouldn't make a pregnant woman wear all that ceremonial crap would they? at least throw some little repulsor lifts to hold up any rediculous head gear wink laughing out loud

Darth Hater
will padme be pretty big in the film?

Lyn
mephisto, laughing
Hater, I guess...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.