best stephen king movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slayer
hey guys this is slayer just wondering what u think is the best stephen king movie mines it

BackFire349
thats not a steven king movie, anyways, mine is the shining.

Hypernova
I don't think I've seen many or if I have I can't recall if they are... so I found this list: http://www.kingofhorror.com/movies.htm

I thought Dreamcatcher was one of his too?

grymlock
mine will be emmm IT, The Shining and Rose Red,... Cheers!!

slayer
1. it
2. rose red
3. christine
4. the shining
5. pet semetary
6. dreamcatcher

grymlock
yeah! slayer christine, that's also a good movie hehhehe.. luv the car anyway... cheers!!

Hypernova
IT!! Definitely!! whistle

Clowns are scary things!! I wonder why people would decorate their rooms with those things!! sick

o kiMMii o
it
the shining

h0ck3yh0rr0r
y did u post fear dot com? i dont think it was by stephen king.
but my favorites from stephen king were:
1.Pet Cemetary
2. The SHining
3. It

DeNiro
without a doubt my favorite steven king moive is IT i luv this moive the plot is just great they tell the story perfect the clown kill is funny and scary as hell at the same time i rember my buddy in like 4th grade was afraid to go in the bathroom alone cause of the bathroom scene in that moiv eand he is like can u come in with me so i can go im like just go hgome right now laughing out loud

Evil Dead
I'm going to have to go with The Shining........followed by Carrie, Christine, and It............

wicker_man
My personal favourite is IT.

CandyKoRn
IT, Carrie and the shining...

I luv em all... well, mostly..

slayer
cool i forgot 2 mention carrie b4 revenge is sweet

pablo007
Carrie and It

DeNiro
forgot he made the shining that moive kick so much ass

lil bitchiness
The Green Mile, (althought it was different to a book..book people..PLZ READ IT ITS SO GOOD!), Rose Red, Shining and It.....Storm of the Century was good, not the best, but ok, as well as The Stand!
Dreamcatcher is an amazing book, its one of the creepiest books i have read in a long time....read it DO NOT watch the movie first, as he book is much different and better done...
Pet Semetary is ok....disturbing....
and of course Carrie....oo oo im a big Stephen King fan, but i cant think right now...blink

Striel
The Shining!!!!

grymlock
well as lil say, read the book emmm talking about reading a stephen king book's... who's are among you guy's/gal's do read the book before watching the movie?? beee honest.. hehehhe cheers!!

lil bitchiness
hehe...i dont think many people do in fact...book can be more effective i recon.... depending what you like i supose! big grin

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Not a lot of people said Pet Cemetary sad i enjoyed reading the book and watching the movie.

lil bitchiness
i said pet Semetary, i said pet semetary!!! big grin

No one apart from me mentione The Green Mile....that book was good...film was cool too!

slayer
yeah the green mile was good i felt sad for that guy who got killed and didn't do anything wrong

grymlock
yeah green mile was good... cheers!!

slayer
it is easily his best movie

bjn74
Shining is the best,,but do not forget Salems Lot and The Stand. Both a little cheesy in some areas because they were made for tv ( like so many others)..but they turned out way better than say, The Langoliers, The Shining TV, Tommyknockers, and you get the point..... evil face

slayer
salems lot was ok

h0ck3yh0rr0r
salems lot was pretty good. man i wanna rent Pet Cemetary but damn blockbuster. sad

bjn74
Screw Blockbuster..Get Netflix..Great selection of horror.... evil face

grymlock
aaarrgghhh!!! Tommyknockers i need to find this movie... i haven't seen it yet.... salems lot is a great movie... cheers!!

slayer
i've actually rented salems lot, pet cemetary, swimming pool, friday the 13th part 1 and 2 from blockbuster

mechmoggy
I'm a big SK book fan, I've read loads of his stuff but I think I speak for many fans when I say his good books often get turned into crappy movies.

The best film based on a SK book has to be The Shining. I enjoyed IT but it was made as a TV series then pieced together for a film, thats why there's silly "cliffhanger" moments every time the episode would end. roll eyes (sarcastic)

My fave SK novels are The Dark Half, Desperation (see my location!) and Bag of Bones. The movie they made of The Dark Half was truly awful, read the book and see why it is one of a lot of SK fans fave book. wink

slayer
all fun all play makes jack a dull boy

ragesRemorse
stephen king movies usually suck because there nothing like the books, but hearts in atlantis or stand by me were good those two or the running man are probably my favorite stephen king movies but not his best stories

iluvharrypotter
I'm torn between "It" and "The Shining" both so good

slayer
i'd have 2 go with it as my fave

slayer
why doesn't any1 post stuff in the horror movie forum

h0ck3yh0rr0r
because not alot of people enjoy horror movies. i luv horror movies smile

Lord_Andres
Havin't seen so many king movies, but Storm of the century was good
so was STCB series and pet semetary was ok, thougt the Shining sucked big time thu

movie_freak
Most of Steven King Movies are good but i liked
The Shining & The Green Mile better

slayer
yeah horror movies don't get the attention they deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

Renegade Punk
my faves are
Green mile and the Shining

the worst ever stephen king film has to be the Langoliers.....anyone had the pleasure of seeing this shite?

slayer
nope but don't want 2

I have to say Shawshank is the best film based on a book of his, although I am biased in that I don't particularly enjoy horror films.

badkittykitty
this is a tuff question..

I am with 2501 'cause my number 1 would be..
1.The Shawshank Redemption
2. the stand (tv movie)
3. apt pupil
4.Maximum Overdrive (from the story 'trucks' from the book night shift)
5. Stand By Me (The Body (from the book Different Seasons))
6.Misery
7.The Shining

Belladonna
The Shining. Also liked Rose Red, and the Shawshank Redemption.

Agent_Diva
1. The Shining
2. IT
3. Pet Semetary

botankus
laughing

LMAO at that one, that is some funny stuff (feat dot com, of all things, associated w/ Stephen King).

BTW, my favorite Stephen King movie is My Dog Spot.

Seriously, it is Carrie without a doubt.

papabeard
I think the best stephen king films are not horror, but Stand By Me and The SHawshank Redemption, also The shining, which is a horror movie.

mook
in no particular order:

The Shawshank Redemption
Stand By Me
The Shining
pet semetary

Mr Parker
Definetely The Shining.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.