What happens to Legolas?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Danielle1983
Does anyone know what happens to Legolas in The Return of the King?

chica16
he doesn't die or anything if that's what you mean

GABRIEL05
he gets shanked by an orc wank Sorry... I think in the movie, PJ has him get trampled by a rabid pig.

Hypernova
He and Gimli become good friends, and they go off in their own adventures (though not really spoilers) I forget, I think they go the Gray Haven?

CandyKoRn
No, they don't Hypernova....

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing... no expression

LanceWindu
WHATEVER YOU WANT

Just take out the *'s like this:

WHATEVER YOU WANT

CandyKoRn
They don't go to the grey havens they explore.. I think Legolas later leaves on a boat.. and never to be heard of again..

and that's all i know(i think) lol..

LanceWindu
You did it!!!

Hypernova
Thank you, CandyKoRn. It's been a while since I've read the book. I do know they do alot of exploring together, their friendship strong after their experiences. But then, wouldn't yours if you had to go through all that they've had to go through since FOTR?

CandyKoRn
yea...

true smile

LIBloom
NOOOOOOOO!!! Are you sure that's true?

Hypernova
laughing out loud

CandyKoRn
it's a spoiler, don't read if you don't wanna know. stick out tongue

CandyKoRn
great, gonna get lotsa people all sad now.

LIBloom
Hmmmm.....not funny!! *sulks in a corner* :P

CandyKoRn
yes.. it is true.

LIBloom
NOOOOOOOO!!! *runs around the room*

CandyKoRn
Sorry...

I guess it's why i think it's a sad story.. though, this happens much later on... like in the unfinished tales etc..

LIBloom
I kinda like sad stories and so I can't wait to see the RotK! Aragorn has the main part and Legolas sort of dies *thinks*.....

CandyKoRn
Legolas doesn't die at the end of LOTR, ROTK

I said after the ring is destroyed he and gimli go explore.. and like he dies much MUCH MUCH later on.. not in the story of lotr it's self

Danielle1983
I really hope he doesn't die no But if he doesn't die in the book maybe they will kill him in the movie.

CandyKoRn
he won't die in the movie...

geeez....

CandyKoRn
I know for a fact they won't change things THAT much... they'd upset alot of fans...

they don't want that. trust me.

Arwenishott
test

Arwenishott
test

Arwenishott
ok i didnt kno how to do that..............anyways.....
from wut i know, legolas and gimli take a boat far out on this one river, and they are never heard from again, and i do believe they stick together until the very end.

CandyKoRn
yes.. Which i said.....

well, mostly....

Danielle1983
Thanks for the info. I feel better now. love happy

silentfaf
SPOILER:::: dont know how to make tag

Ya after the ring destructionn him and gimili go on there own lil adventures for awile and in the end they take a ship to grey heaven to join everyone else

sakura_lite
thats good! at least he doesnt die! ^^ roll eyes (sarcastic) if he does i will scream my head off.... laughing out loud

Exa
No he does not die. But his end is very sad, I think... won't be shown in the movie. Gimli dies in Aman.

CandyKoRn
READ THE BOOKS GUYS!!!!!

so we don't keep answering q's....

frodothemonkey
OMG, do you people even read enough of the book *sigh* he and Gimli travel together to show the greatness of their favorite places...or something like that, and they DON'T DIE!!! They sail to the havens together. if you don't believe me, look in the appendix in the ROTK book! GAWD!!!

fini
HEYYY thats my line, which is actually

READ THE DAMN BOOK, U LAZY F***

Draugwen
After the War of the Ring, Legolas and Gimli went to Fangorn together, and to the Glittering Caves. Then Legolas took a colony of elves from his home into the forest of Ithilien, where they lived and turned it into the most beautiful land of the west. After Aragorn died in 120 of the Fourth Age, Legolas built a grey ship in Ithilien and sailed down the Anduin and into the west to Valinor. And they say that Gimli went with him.

Bar-en-Danwedh
^^after legolas hears a seagul...

DarthLazious
He goes off and gets married and is never heard from ever agian.

Draugwen
Married? laughing Never heard of that stick out tongue

Mandos
Of course. He married Gimly and they had the first elvish-dwarfish children in the history of Middle-Earth. And it is said that they were so ugly that Legolas killed them all, and then killed Gimli because he taught it was all his fault (his dwarfish side of the family). Then, he proclaimed himself the biggest elf homosexual that ever was and Manwe didn't like it and sent him to join Morgoth Bauglir in the void. You guys don't believe me? Well, read the appendix.

chucktaylor
messed

Draugwen
lol laughing

warcraft xs
Originally posted by GABRIEL05
he gets shanked by an orc wank Sorry... I think in the movie, PJ has him get trampled by a rabid pig.
the mirkwood elves and dwarves stay in middle earth. the elves from mirkwood were a slightly diferent kind of elf (wood elf) and they all stayed while the elves from lorien and rivendell departed

thefallen544
Appendix B, Return Of The King Shire Reckoning 1541

"In this year on March 1st came at last the Passing of King Elessar. It is said that the beds of Meriadoc and Peregrin were set beside the bed of the great king. Then Legolas built a grey ship in Ithilien, and sailed down Anduin and so over Sea; and with him, it is said, went Gimli the Dwarf. And when that ship passen an end was come in Middle-Earth of the Fellowship of the Ring."

masterkit
yep they just leave middle earth together

LovelyOne
It explains what happens to him on the double disc version of the movie I think...there is an added scene where it shows you what becomes of him....

thefallen544
He sails over the Sea, Gimli and Legolas are the last of the Fellowship to leave Middle-Earth and bar Gandalf are probably the last two living members of the Fellowship of the Ring. The fate of each of the characters and the eventual splitting of the fellowship are:-

Frodo: Sails over the sea, will die of old age in the peace of the uttermost west *

Gandalf: Sails over the sea

Sam: After the death of his wife Rose, Sam sails over the sea into the uttermost West where he will also die of old age.

Merry: Ended his days in Gondor, laid in Rath Dinen among the great of Gondor

Pippin: Ended his days in Gondor with Merry, laid in Rath Dinen.

Aragorn: Dies in the year 1541 on March 1st.

Legolas: Sails over the sea in 1541

Gimli: Sails over the sea with Legolas.

----

* Whilst Frodo and Sam sail into the Uttermost West the "Undying Lands" they are still Mortal and the gift of Eru of Mortality cannot be taken back. It is not the land that makes the people undying, it is the people that dwell there that makes the land undying.

Rachel Evenstar
After the death of King Elessar in 120 F.A, Legolas builds a ship and takes it across the sea to the Valinor (otherwise known as the Undying Lands). Legolas takes along with him the dwarf, Gimli, Son of Gloin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.