One life goal complete, several more to go...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediOasis
Last night at the Blossom Music Center in Cleveland, Ohio I was witness to the greatest rock 'n' roll band of all time. I can honestly say that Liam Gallagher is the best frontman in the history of rock 'n' roll. He was awesome, the whole band was great! Wow! What a great night! rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

finti
Good you like Oasis, but in my mind they dont even rank as the best act number 100.
Keep it up though in time you learn to like other acts. big grin I used to love U2 like you love Oasis, but then came Achtung Baby and that was it. Deep Purple always gonna be my band.

Dim
I can see it..after he graduates college JO is going to just take off and follow Oasis around the world. laughing out loud

ratcat
Glad you had a great time JO. Can't agree on the greatest part though, but I guess that's a personal opinion to each individual.

Gundark
Happy you enjoyed it, JO.. I'm still looking forward to Clapton on Wednesday night...

ratcat
*jealous*

Gundark
Sorry, RC. You'll just have to wait your turn.

ratcat
Don't worry, I'm not some weirdo who tries to invite himself along. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

queeq
JO, good for you dude. Happy to hear it was all you expected... and more even.

ratcat
You can't beat that Live Concert feeling.

Ushgarak
I don't think you can abandon U2 just because of Achtung Baby... Zooroopa had some great tracks...

ratcat
Yeah, I mean, I'm no massive fan of their's but everything they have released as a single in their career I have enjoyed.

Gundark
Me too. I'd go see them in concert for sure.

JediOasis
Yeah, they are a great band, one of Noel Gallagher's favorites rolling on floor laughing But I really like their new album. You can't blame them for being a little experimental. Radiohead is doing it and everyone things its brilliant when in reality their new sound is the worst thing in music today, worst than even 'Nsync, just plain awful. Anyways, U2 is good, another good band is Ocean Colour Scene

finti
Well I dont like anything U2 has put out since Achtung baby. All the stuff before I really love, but from AB and then on didnt kick it for me.

JediOasis
Have you heard their new stuff? Its more like their older albums.

finti
Then I have to listen to it, I dont watch MTV or VH-1 too much unless they have a rocumentary on(VH-1). One new song I like though is Crazy Town`s Butterfly. Its an old Red Hot Chilie Pepper tune, they just made new lyrics too it, probably the reason I like it so much. "Come my baby come come my baby butterfly sugar baby." Normally I hate it when they steal melodies using own lyrics, but this one is actually cool.

ratcat
There's a lot of stuff around I enjoy right now that is outside of my normal likings.

Crazy Town in one of them, and Limp Bizkit (sp??) - Rollin' spring to mind as two.

But of course, the R & B sound is still my big fav...

mechmoggy
Saw Oasis a couple of years ago with Travis supporting them in Birminham - absoltue class. Also saw Ocean Colour Scene - tip top also. If you want live-action though you can't beat something crazy like Megadeth , Metalica, Rage Against the Machine etc. Not my favourite type of stuff, but if you wanna mosh till you drop then there is no comparison. cool

Edna_witch
Well you haven't lived until ou have seen REM live at Earl's court! The whole crowd singin Man on the moon without accompanyment now THAT was music to my ears!

finti
I dont care too much about REM, but if I have to chose an act at Eals court it must be Pink Floyds 1980`s The Wall live performance. I got it on cd and its great.
"Is there anybody out there"

Gundark
Would love to see Floyd in concert. smokin'

finti
The old Floyd when Roger Waters still where a part of the band.

Gundark
Absolutely. smokin'

finti
"Hey you out there in the cold getting lonley getting old can you help me?" smokin' cool rolling on floor laughing
cool stuff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.