escaping vader's grips

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Hater
we all know that when anakin turns and becomes vader,he kills off all the remaining jedi except for yoda and obie wan

why is that?

why do you think that they were the only two to get away

everybody thinks the jedi are extinct and that vader is the only one left in ANH

does vader spare their lives?

does vader think they're dead??

do they flee and vader just gives up??

if i can remember correctly,vader says somethin like the last time he got "that" feeling was in the presence of his master. so does that mean the last time they saw each other was when they fought?

in ANH vader says ,"i've been waiting for you,obie-wan.we meet again at last"

does that mean that vader never got the chance to kill off obie until ANH?

if so,then why did he stop looking for him??

and what about yoda?

any thoughts??

Ushgarak
They escaped and he could not find them. Simple as that. And the Empire forgot about them.

"Obi-Wan? Surely he must be dead by now." Whether they found them or not, the Empire (who did the killing- Vader only helped) considered the Jedi extinct.

Darth Hater
ahhh,thanks for the answers ush

Ushgarak
But I don't think Vader ever believed Obi-Wan truly dead- he certainly did not seem THAT surprised.

Lyn
Yeah, he was waiting for him, to kill him. Plus I was reading one of the EU novels and it said something about Dagobah being able to hide Yoda or something like that anyway. Something to do with Dagobah and the force.

LanceWindu
The Dark-Side cave.

Lyn
That's probably it. So do you think Yoda was hidden??

LanceWindu
Yes

Rogue Jedi
jedi have the ability to go unnoticed among crowds of people. obi wan used that ability to make himself undetectable on tattoine. yoda chose dagobah because it was rich with life, making any efort vader made to find him futile.

Lyn
Thanx Lance, RJ thumb up
Referring to what you said RJ, is that why Dooku didn't "sense" Obi-Wan while he was on Genosis?? I mean he walked straight past him. I thought Jedi could sense each other??

LanceWindu
According to EU, you can pull the force in and not get detected.

finti
Or just that Yoda picked a remote uncivilised planet that nobody would give a second thought

LanceWindu
And the EU version of the cave says it hid Yoda's presensce because of so much Dark Side power.

Ushgarak
I have never thought it unreasonable that a Jedi can clam his mind to make it harder to sense.

But more to the point, Dooku wasn't trying to sense anything- I think that counts for a lot. I do not think it is ALWAYS on, even though Jedi can be very instinctual.

Hypernova
I wonder what pressing matters Vader had to deal with, that despite the "ultimate fight scenes" we have envisioned between master and his apprentice, would let him go... Did he finally learn patience? stick out tongue

Lyn
I guess so. In Ep2, Anakin's EXTREMELY impatient laughing

LanceWindu
I have a feeling he knew the time would come for him to have a final face off with Obi Wan

Lyn
Yeah, he was waiting for him...

Captain REX
About Yoda being on Dagobah...

1. He killed a Dark Jedi on Dagobah once, and the power of the Dark-Side can cloud many things. Yoda took advantage of it.

2. Dagobah was too remote for anyone to care about it. In EU, only a few expedition crews were sent there. The first was killed off by the creatures that lived there, and the second got to live with the memory of meeting the elusive Yoda.

3. Lots of life forms, meaning more things to sift through.

Ushgarak
That first point is EU of course.

LanceWindu
And the second half of number 2.

Darth Hater
finti's gonna have a fit when he sees all of this EU stuff no

LanceWindu
Yeah he will, but he can get over it.

It still has relevance to the topic in one way or another.

Captain REX
Precisely. Plus, Finti and I are good buds (in an "We met over the internet" sense).

Rogue Jedi
there was a group of explorers that crashed on dagobah and became cannibals....boba fett had a run in with him.
yoda hid on dagobah because it was full of life, making himself harder to read...if someone already made this point, sorry, i must have missed it.

Darth Hater
Precisely. Plus, Finti and I are good buds (in an "We met over the internet" sense).

so what,i get yelled at cause i'm not "good buds" with finti when i bring up lil things about EU???
mad

when i brought up the EU stuff,it had everything to do with vader's injuries and the movies themselves

anyway,back to the topic

do u think that yoda runs and hides because he's afraid of being killed...or because he knows that with luke there's a chance that the jedi will once again reign supreme so he has to stay alive until he can train luke

finti
Ok too much EU things here which have no relevance to the topic what so ever. Dagobah is a probably a remote unciviliced planet which is most of all should be the reason for why Yoda was hiding there. And Vader and the Emperor was too busy dealing with the rebel alliance to go hunting for an old jedi master who they actually didnt jnow was alive or dead

Lyn
Lets not forget, Yoda is a Jedi Master, he uses the force as his ally.

Rogue Jedi
yoda will probably have a narrow escape, making vader think he was dead.

finti
thats what i am thinking too, why should Vader and Palpatine hunt/search for a jedi master presumeably dead

Rogue Jedi
yeah...good point...if they think he is dead, OR he leads them to believe he is dead, they wont hunt him down.

Lyn
What about Obi-Wan, Tatooine isn't the best place to hide, do they think he's dead?? Does he trick them??
Sorry if someone already answered this.

Rogue Jedi
just like dagobah is full of life, tattooine is "sparsely populated", as maul put it......maybe the isolation works in the same way, as a sort of "radar jamming" to the force. bad analogy, i know, but it was all i could think of.

finti
well dont know what they think about Obi Wan, but Tarkin reply with surprise in ANH, "Surely he must be dead by now."

Rogue Jedi
so tarkin had assumed that he was alive for many years after the overthrow of the old republic.

finti
guess so, and he probably didnt see him as a threath

Lyn
It was a great analogy RJ thanx & thanx again finti thumb up
So they just fall under the radar and are presumed dead??

finti
well Yoda might be presumed dead, for Obi Wan it doesnt seem like he was presumed dead

yerssot
they probably thought two cripled old jedis would form no treat to the empire

Darth Hater
well,at the time of ep3,they wont be two crippled old jedi

obie wan will still be a huge threat since he nearly killed vader and put him in his classic suit

and we saw in ep2 tha yoda can be a threat

Ushgarak
Indeedy so!

yerssot
well, yoda is old and OB1 IS crippled...

probably the normal cockyness of the badguys I take

Darth Hater
i dont think so at all

they obviously know what obie's capable of and they can never underestimate yoda's abilities

yerssot
well, if they know about his capability and yodas abilities, why didn't they go search for them all?
they thought they were dead during the Purge, must be! otherwise you don't let a master and a knight on the lose

LanceWindu
I believe nothing at this point, Lucas could always throw us a curve ball.

yerssot
now you're refering to McCallum stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
they will probably be assumed dead.

Lyn
Nice points Hater thumb up

Too true Lance...

Rogue Jedi
truedat, truedat.....

Darth Hater
lol

Darth Hater
2005's so far away

Lyn
I know... sad

Rogue Jedi
man....i will be 35

LanceWindu
I will be 21

Lyn
I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Happy Dance

Rogue Jedi
i was 7 when ep.4 came out.

yerssot
I will be ... 6 messed

finti
at least brainwise

LanceWindu
I was 1 when ROTJ came out...

Hypernova
Has there been anything planned for the release of SW in 2005?
Would really love to make the trip up north for this one.

LanceWindu
I don't know, I'm hoping to be able to see it with KMC Star Wars fans.

Hypernova
Yeah, that would be very cool indeed!!

What are the chances of watching it on the ranch blink

Do you think all the SW fans since it came out will make the journey up north for this? (Like many are doing for LOTR?)

LanceWindu
Slim to none on the Ranch

I have no idea about up North.

Hypernova
Well a few of us are trying to make it to the world premiere (which is where exactly?)

finti
I think it will have a world wide premiere like AOTC had, they dont take any chances with it being distributed on the net

Ushgarak
A KMC meeting would be in London.

yerssot
well, lots of star wars fans on the mid-night premiere if that's what you were refering to wink

Lyn
God knows when I'll get to see it sad
I probably won't come on here for ages in case all of you start talking about it... stick out tongue wink

LanceWindu
We could throw another in the states at a later date...

Rogue Jedi
why london? why not japan or transylvania?

finti
well USH London or another UK town

Rogue Jedi
why a uk town? why not the states? better yet, let the posters vote on it. ill start a thread.

finti
because UK is closer for the Europeans, the yanks could arrange a meeting in the states

Rogue Jedi
yanks? that was harsh.....i dont play baseball for a team in new york, so i am not a yank.

finti
everybody from the states are Yanks, it was the american who intoduced themselves as Yanks during WWII so.........

Ushgarak
London is more convenient for most of the original SW posters and this is also a UK board in origin.

And as Finti says, you are a Yank...

finti
yeah

Rogue Jedi
i think the uk is more convenient for you guys.

finti
and closer

Darth Hater
rolling on floor laughing @ the whole "yank" thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.