Bands on the Run

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediOasis
Has anyone seen the show on VH1 called Bands on the Run? Its kinda like Survivor but they use bands instead. They originally had four bands and they toured across the country and in the end, the one with the most money wins. Well, I really like the show, the band Flickerstick is really good. Kinda got an Oasis meets Third Eye Blind sound to them. Anyway, anyone who is a fan of music should check it out, Sundays at 10pm.

ratcat
Is this the one where the winning band will get all sorts of equipment and a record deal and their first ablum published and all that good stuff?

JediOasis
Yep, thats the one. And I found out yesterday, that me and some buddies are going up to Colombus, Ohio to see Flickerstick on June 5th big grin

ratcat
I've seen it featured on VH-1 over here. Have fun matey!

Dim
I saw the episode where they were in San Francisco. Thought it was kind of funny honestly...

JediOasis
Well, last night was way better than even seeing Oasis. I was(no lie) two feet from the stage. Two of my buddies and I drove to Colombus, Ohio and saw Flickerstick perform at a club. They were without a doubt the best live act I've ever seen. It was great because my friends and I were the only one's who knew all the words and the lead singer, Brandin Lea, kept looking at us and smiling. After the show we stuck around and hung out with the band. Brandin recognized us and thanked us for being such big fans and said how much it meant to all of them. Then we met everybody else and Dominic(the drummer) was so happy he gave us all big hugs. They were the coolest guys I've ever met. We got pictures with all of them and got their autographs. And I also got Rex's(one of the guitarists) pics from his guitar. It was a GREAT night!!! big grin rolling on floor laughing big grin rolling on floor laughing big grin rolling on floor laughing big grin rolling on floor laughing

JediOasis
Well, Flickerstick has made it to the final two. The last episode is this Sunday. God I hope they win, the other band, Soulcracker is terrible.

Ushgarak
How bad can they be (and how bad were the people they beat to get there?)?

JediOasis
Soulcracker is awful. They call themselves an "aggressive rock band" but they right terrible music and their singers sound terrible. The other two bands were Harlow(an all girl goth band) and Josh Dodes Band(A jazzy type pop band) are better than Soulcracker but SC sold more merchandise cause they walk up to random people and bother them. Flickerstick has been in last place in $ because they stay out all night and drink and party(Man, I want to start a band). They've only stayed on because they win the Battle of the Bands which is based on musically ability. They won the last one by 120 points! If they win tomorrow, they win the whole competition

JediOasis
Well, Flickerstick won of course!!! It was great, the best band in the US is what they are. Just great rock music, the next U2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.