House of the Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man
Has anyone seen the trailer for this movie? I have just watched it and wow it looks excellent its a weird cross of Zombie Holocaust meets The Matrix with a hint of House of 1000 Corpses thrown in for good measure. The film is based on yet another video game (of the same name) - although House of the Dead unlike Super Mario,Street Fighter ,Mortal Kombat and more recently Tomb Raider and Resident Evil didn't reach cult status (with the possible exception of Dreamcast and arcade fans), so hopefully this film will receive a better reception and hopefully relight the intrest in this game.

bjn74
I am sorry,,but it does not look excellent. I saw the trailer on the big screen with a packed audience for "Freddy vs Jason"..not only did it look horrible but everyone in the theater was laughing or booing this garbage..To say that it has some Matrix in it is ridiculous. Well..actually,,most LAME movies do copy parts of The Matrix effects nowadays...The Game"House of the Dead" is okay,basic....this movie will flop big time.. evil face

wicker_man
The Matrix itself is a copy of both Drive and Ghost in a Shell. One of the most overhyped films ever in my personal opnion.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
freddy vs jason was soo fun to watch. everyone at the theatre was having fun. No one was booing. and at the end everyone clapped real loud. it was beautiful lol

wicker_man
Thats what films are all about .

blackicedragoon
House of the dead looks preety stupid lol it doesnt even look scary. I mean when they said "lets send them back to hell" i laughed soooo hard lol!!!

*UNDERWORLD RULES!!!!!*

bjn74
First, who cares if Ghost in the Shell or Drive is or isnt the influence of the Matrix. You said it looked like a mix of Matrix and whatever. Ripping off bullet time or whatever shouldnt mean that it means its a mix of. I think Matrix has more to do with philosophy and religion then it does with some anime created a few years before. Getting an influence from and copying because you have NO ideas of your own are separate. The Matrix is not overhyped, but more then likely, not understood due to the unintelligent people we have in our society today. Proof in point," House of the Dead looks excellent"..EXCELLENT!! Come on buddy..Youve got to be joking.I'd rather watch a movie about PONG evil face

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yes matix had alot of philosophy and religion BUT the movies COULD have been better. think about it. they could have made it longer and more interesting. House of Dead didn't look "excellent" it looked great but not "excellent". Untill i see it and liked it then ill determine if it was "excellent" or not. and i do agree with bjn there are very unintelligent people in society today. Damn soo many dumbasses. read a book u bastards lol

wicker_man
I read books and i also have an opnion and whether thats me liking House of the Dead and not Matrix its my opnion i do not ask any1 to agree with it but i do ask they respect it.

bjn74
Thats fine.. I just cannot understand where you get the matrix/house of 1000 corpses in their..i dont know...I respect your opinion,,but come on...The remake of TCM looks 10,,no,,100 times better then House of the Dead..And TCM will probably,,probably,,not even be good... evil face

BABOON
its ok people baboon is here to save the day... the trailer for house of the dead does suck...this movie looks sorta like blade 2 meets..i dunno..something else that sucks... sick

BackFire349
i believe this movie will suck, horribly. it looked alright, but they had to play that stupid rap music that has no spot in a horror movie, and if they played that in the preview, that just tells me they are desperate for mass apeal. i could be wrong, but i dont think it will be very good.

bjn74
Not to mention it has the girl from Halloween 4 and 5 as the main hero..the blond cousin or whatever of kacie...I saw her on VH1 Where are they now and she was bragging because it was her first role in a long time..wonder why.bottom of the barrel actors.. evil face

blackicedragoon
yea i agree with you!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.