eomer and faramir thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

muse5
Someone gave me the idea for this thread.. . who thinks that faramir and eomer are hot? i do

Hypernova
I do too. I thought Karl Urban (Eomer) and David Wenham (Faramir) looked their part!!

I cannot wait for TTT extended edition when we see more of the Faramir and Boromir relationship and ROTK when we see Eowyn and Faramir "get together" stick out tongue

billyboyd4ever
i dont really like them, tho i definetly like karl urban much better in real life

Danistar
I don't like Boromir but I just love Faramir!!!

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, i think theyre hot too. i cant wait to see in ROTK w/ eowyn & faramir too. thats one of my favorite parts of the book!

nemo
i like eomer in the movie, hopes he get more scenes in the third movie.

Hypernova
The ROTK preview suggests we will see more of Eomer and his kin smile

I thought Boromir was good!

ilvorlandobloom
yay, more eomer!stick out tongue

Nevyaveiel
OMG, I delurked because of this thread!! I found this site a few days ago and I wondered, why, Eomer didn't have a thread? (Thanks muse5) I so love Eomer!! He's totally gorgeous!! ITA, with those of you who say, he should have more scenes... LOL!! I'm down with that!!

ilvorlandobloom
i hate they way Faramir was in the movie... they made him EVEN WORSE than Boromir! he was gonna send Frodo & the Ring to his father(evil Denethormiffed)! he Never did that in the book. it makes me so mad cuz i love the book Faramir and the movie ruined it sad .

Ushgarak
Sigh... a lot of people complain about Faramir in the film but his book character would just not have worked for film UNLESS you had readte book which was not the objective- those scenes needed some conflict.

It also would have wprked better had the Boromir/Faramir flashback scnes gone in- wait for the Extended version.

Hypernova
I am buying the gift set just for those Faramir and Boromir extras... well... FOR those extras :P

(Yes even looking forward to my very own Gollum)!!

muse5
that's one of my favorite parts too, do u have any pics of the two of them together

ilvorlandobloom
no, but i REALLY want to! ive been looking for Faramir/Eowyn pics for so long and i cant find any anywhere! im dying to see them togther!

Whacker
BOW-CHICA-WOW-WOW

Exa
I didnt like Eomer so much... I also didnt like him in the book.

Faramir is ok if this would've been somebody else - but not Faramir!!

I hate the way he's portraied in the movie... giving Frodo to his father because he wants to "show his quality"... but he played quite good, I think (yes, Eomer too...)
btw tolkien wrote that Faramir had black hair *rolleyes*

muse5
i know, he definetly did have black hair in the books... i had forgotten about that, but i think that they did a good job because he looks like him and boromir could be brothers.

Orli'sElf7
yea thats true....but they did a pretty good job makind boromir and faramir slightly resemble

nemo
u know the faramir thing , i kind of like the movie one better.
if he just let frodo and sam go without trying to stop them , he'll just seem too good.
u remember in the movie, galadriel, aragorn and gandalf all had to face the ring then fight it. this way it kind of show that he have weakness too but he's strong enough to overcome it.

ilvorlandobloom
ok fine i guess it was better for the movie to have him like that but i still like how he was in the book better

muse5
i agree with you, i liked him better in the books, but the movie was still good...can't wait...can't wait

ilvorlandobloom
i cant wait either!... to bad they didnt show Faramir in the trailer
i wanted them to show him and Eowyn together

fini
cool

Exa
http://www.jungleintrigue.com/jungle/jun0708.jpg

ilvorlandobloom
What the f**k?

Exa
Xena wink

Hypernova
Really? Cool laughing out loud I forgot that Xena was filmed in NZ.

nemo
they r still showing xena? i thought it's all over.

ilvorlandobloom
wait...what does Xena have to do w/ Eomer or Faramir? and what were those pics for?

im so confused!

Hypernova
laughing out loud

Exa
The guy on the pic is Eomer wink

muse5
karl urban was also in Hercules the series, i don't know who though, i never watched it... i'm bummed they weren't in the trailer together too

ilvorlandobloom
omg now i understand! it must be the blondness... wow, that doesnt look like him that much... thats so cool, i didnt know he was in Hercules or Xena.

Hypernova
Compare it to this smile

ilvorlandobloom
thats so cool

Danielle1983
I don't care much about Faramir but I do think that Eomer is really hot. Or I should say Karl Urban is really hot. Like someone else said, he's cuter in real life than in TTT. He was really hot in Xena.

Eowyn_of_Gondor
*sigh* I loooooove them. I also thought that Faramir should have been more dark haired. They could have done that for him and Boromir, as it's said that they have black hair and grey eyes. *dreamy look*
But I think David Wenham and Karl Uban (:drool: ) are still very HOT! It also got me angry the fact that in the RotK trailer we saw Arwen TWICE and we didn't see Faramir and Eowyn together when in fact they have the only REAL love scene in the whole LotR book! sad
But hopefully we will see it in the movie...Or Peter Jackson will have to face all the E/F shippers that will be VERY pissed off. So or his own safety. LOL

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, i was sad that Eowyn and Faramir werent in the trailer 2gether too. Faramir wasnt even in it at all! sad

muse5
i KNOW!!! i was so sad... i watched it over and over looking for him and he wasn't there!!! i'm insulted, i think that eowyn of gondor has a good point, the really do have the only love scene in the books

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, i know! Arwen isnt even in the books till the 3rd when they get married. Eowyn and Faramir are the real love story of the book. in the movies they just added some stuff that was in the apendexes about arwen and aragorn. and they didnt even show eowyn & faramir in the trailer. thats the part of the trailer i didnt like.

Exa
Youre right thats sad sad

But perhaps Jackson wants this Faramir-Eowyn-thing to be really surprising for those who havent read the book.

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, probly

drunk_nazgul
I must reply for my best friend, who isn't a member here. She loves Eomer so very much. Her cousin loves Faramir. If only I could tell you what she said to the screen when he came on...

ilvorlandobloom
ooh what she say?

Hypernova
What'd she say?

drunk_nazgul
Okay, she said something like... Please marry me, Faramir! I won't set any limits! When I'm out, you can have an affair with another girl! Heck,
you can have one with a guy, and when I'm back, we can... AHEM...

ilvorlandobloom
omg, lol, thats pretty sad laughing out loud

Hypernova
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

That's so funny!

*looks at the pic of Dave Wenham again*

drunk_nazgul
He has a rather large nose. Well, I would add a smiley here, but it doesn't work anymore...

Hypernova
It's strange because I have seen Dave Wenham in other Aus-base series and things so it's strange to see him up on the big screen. I think the same way re: Miranda Otto who played Eowyn.

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, he does kinda have a big nose...sad

muse5
oops, all of my friends who haven't read the books know everything already... including that!!!

Hypernova
And here is one of Faramir.

Hypernova
Denethor, the Steward of Gondor, played by John Noble

Hypernova
The eldest and favored son of Denethor, the current Steward of Gondor, Boromir was chosen to represent the race of men in The Fellowship of the Ring. But the Ring's lure was too much for Boromir, who tried to take it from Frodo. He was redeemed when he was killed by Uruk-hai trying to protect Merry and Pippin, showing great courage and heroism.

Faramir:
The youngest son of Lord Denethor, Steward of Gondor, Faramir is brother to Boromir who perished defending Merry and Pippin. Unlike his brother, Faramir is not beloved by his father, and has spent many years as a ranger, scouting and defending the wild borderlands of Gondor in order to earn his affection.

Now I am excited to see TTT EE even more - if only to see more of the family.

drunk_nazgul
Oh, yeah! Can't wait! My good friends bought me TTT, so I'm gonna try to buy them the EE....
If I'm not bankrupt...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.