Archie's little secret...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediHDM
I'm not sure if anyone else knows this, but i just realized that the building Neo is in BEFORE he meets the Architect, and the building he flies out of AFTER he meets the Archie, are not the same, or, at the very least, he is on a different level... "What?!" you may say, and i don't blame you...If you look closely before Neo meets Archie, there are doors EVERYWHERE, many, many doors...But AFTER, there is only ONE door, the one that gets blown up... I'm trying to make a clip, but neither my computer nor the internet are cooperating today, but i'll try and post as soon as possible...

The Omega

JediHDM
if you slow it down, you can see that there is only the structure of the backdoors, but there aren't any doors there, except the one that Neo comes through...Im still trying to get my computer to let me break up the pics, so that it is before shot and after shot, but so far its winning, though i'll keep trying...

JediHDM
Here it is...

-=Urot=-
I wonder does the disappearing doors have anything to do with Neo's choice?

The system was ready to be reloaded, hence the missing doors.

Or Neo decided to save Trinity therefore eliminating the two doors by making his choice.

*** I'm reaching for straws here. ***

Red Texas
I love a novel with a plethora of subtle symbolism smile

JediHDM
or perhaps that, by Neo touching the SOURCE, neo was transported from one place to another, or that the matrix was starting to be "taken down" because Neo wasn't supposed to come back to the Matrix...

*looking for straws to grasp at...*

Red Texas
I'd say it is(the easy way out) a (a) blooper or (b) Symbolic in that, in scene 1, the choice hasn't been made, and, in scene 2, the choice has been made, therefore all those other choices disappear

burlyman
i saw that when he flew out it seemed just like frames, not doors..
could be continuity error blink

JediHDM
Red Texas, that seems possible, but shouldn't we have seen the other doors disappear, rather than just seeing them not there?

Red Texas
But that would make the symbolism too obvious, there's nothing I hate more than an author/writer spoonfeeding the audience the symbolism(scarlet letter comes to mind)...

You also have to remember that the laws of the world still count, disappearing doors would not only make the symbolism sickening, rather than interesting, it would leave question as to the relativaty(sp?) of matrix physics...

JediHDM
True, i will give you that, but symbolism in a five second snippit of movie that no one should notice for all the flames? The Wachowski's do some strange things, but that takes the cake...

tshirt
Actually, if you look at Jedi's images, you will notice that there is what appears to be a door frame. (Left to right, notice the vertical supports with the holes. The first three have a horizontal cross bar, the fourth does not.)

Additionally, the camera is at a different angle, which might explain it.

Remember too, that just because Neo entered the Architect's room through a certain door, it isn't clear (although I would assume) he left through the same door.

Finally, since Neo did not enter the Source, we could be seeing the beginning of the cataclismic crash described by the Architect.

JediHDM
but thats not even the door neo goes through, but i can show you doors near that one also. and you would still be able to see the door knob, look at the bottom pis, the doors are almost parallel to our view, but we see knobs...

burlyman
here smile

burlyman
edit: ignore this post

burlyman
heres those doors again

burlyman
ok, yes, hello, its me, again (more extreme comma usage)

my question is this - how does neo escape from the inbetween room? without a key or such?

well heres my basic plan for what i think this room looks like, minus all the doors. as you can see ive arrowed on the path that neo seems to fly out. when he gets to he just keeps on flying in a long corridor until he breaks out. can someone please explain this to me confused

burlyman
away from archie..

burlyman
corner 1

burlyman
corner 2

burlyman
keepin on flyin..

burlyman
sorry heres the pic

(Jedi must hate me now wink)

-=Urot=-
laughing out loud Burlyman you make it look so easy. big grin

JediHDM
burlyman> Wow, nice pics, now what're you saying?

icon
The doors are gone... true. But what about the hole in the side of the building he flys out of. I don't think we've addressed that... have we? And also, it could just be a mistake. Remember back in M1, the CG Movie of the bomb in the lobby? The pillars are back to normal, where as when they entered the elevator they were ****ed up!

JediHDM
The room with the dissappearing doors, is in the building, remember they had to go through the backdoor to get there because there were no elevators or stairs that reached that high. He was in the building when he used the key, but we didnt see any windows, possibly they were hidden by walls or other doors...

Sifer
Actually all the guards in the Lobby scene from 'The Matrix' were all killed down the sides. If you look in the explosion, all the guns are still there and the pillars ARE damaged. Just people trying to find mistakes...

joeboy
The fire in M1 was not CG. It was real. Just on a scale. Shot upside down. It gave the illusion of an Cg with reality. i thought is was cg with water as a base. But the dvd show otherwise.

icansee
All I can say is that you guys really make this one of the best sites to visit, not only do you really appreciate the films, you appreciate it a plenty.

Verily I thee say!

Oh yeah, thanks for the pictures.

Korri
i love that bit in the film when he is all angry love

The Omega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.