Well, we're all friends together here...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
And we are. It must be said that when I first posted on a Star Wars forum I wasn't really thinking of the social side of things. Didn't take me long to be dragged into this weird and wonderful world, however, and soon, before I knew it, I had plenty of new friends. Isn't that great?

Some of you may just about have noticed that I have been getting on well with Edna Witch... well, all I can say is thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to get to know her... Edna is visiting her sister in London these two days so she took time out today to come and visit me as well, and luckily it seems we got on as well in real life as we do on-line

I hasten to add that we are just friends; Edna has her own life back in Staffordshire, of course, but again I'd just like to thank you all, both for being on-line friends to me and for providing the means via which I have now become real friends with Edna.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

P.S. As I post this, Edna will still be on the train back to London but I am sure she will have her own comment to add in due course.

ratcat
Hey, that's really cool news. It's great when you can meet up like that and discover that you get on as well offline as you do online.

I guess it just goes to show that you can make online friendships work. For all the joking I'd just like to say that I, for one, respect the fact that Edna and yourself have your own lives and that what you share is friendship. I may make the funnies about you two, but rest assured, I do understand that the kind of relationship you share is a platonic one.

So, who will be the next two to meet up??? Tune in to next weeks exciting episode. smile

Ushgarak
Cheers man, much appreciated. It's an odd thing really, isn't it? Wouldn't have imagined it just a few months ago. But there you go, and I am the happier for it.

ratcat
Well, on some levels I can understand that, as I'm sure you can appreciate, though the circumstances were somewhat different. Though I think the net result has ended up being about the same.

keokiswahine
This is so cool. So glad you met each other in person, and you're still friends. big grin

So, man, we need to hook up a visit for coffee, too. Well, we should all descend on you. evil face

ratcat
Don't do it!!!! laughing out loud

keokiswahine
RC, use your imagination, man wink roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just think of all the chaos, mayhem, and confusion with imaginaton we can fill Ush with. laughing out loud

ratcat
Yeah, but I'd have a lot less distance to travel.... laughing out loud

keokiswahine
confused roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

ratcat
Which should give you an idea of my inclination to do so....

keokiswahine
ok stick out tongue

ratcat
stick out tongue to you too...

queeq
Great news, Ush. I look forward to hearing Edna's response.

*starts practising wedding march again*

ratcat
Well, I think you'll probably have as much success with this online wedding as you did with the last one.

Crash and Burn queeqer, Crash and Burn.

finti
and I thought they were chaos and mayhem.
big grin

ratcat
It was a what he was doing thing, not a what he is.

OK,

AermFORMAT Cerm /U

Hopefully back in two hours......

ratcat
Yes, I live such an interesting life....

Dim
That's great Ush, I'm glad things worked out so well. rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

As for an online wedding..lets not start with that again.

ratcat
Yeah, because it went soooooooo well last time. laughing out loud

queeq
I went really well, too bad the...err...recipients cancelled last minute. laughing out loud

ratcat
Yeah, well somethings are bigger than you wedding plans.

Like you ego... laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
If my ego would be that big, I should be able to find it, right?

ratcat
We didn't know you'd lost it....

QUICK!!!! Send out a search party...

Edna_witch
**Giggles to herelf quietly**

Sorry. I'm still a little euphoric at the moment. I still don't think it has quite sunk in yet that he is no longer just an online username but an actual real life person!

Anyway, it was wonderful! We got on amazingly well almost straight away (once I could understand what the hell he was saying that is - He talks incredibly fast!). I had a great day and when I left him at the station we were both positively glowing. big grin Infact I still am!

Well I am sure you would all like to know details... tough! You aren't getting any!

ratcat
The details are the special thing that you two share. Anyone that would even dare to ask you about them would be no better than pond scum! IMHO-OC

Talks fast is funny, http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/laughing/lol2.gif I always do that when I'm really excited about something or really nervous.

Here's hoping you two can have many more platonic meetings in the future! http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/realhappy/bigok.gif

Gundark
Wow, that is absolutely totally cool, Edna & Ush. Glad you hit it off so well.

Actually, I think we would all get along well if we ever met together, at least we know we already all have one thing in common. cool

Edna_witch
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

ratcat
And Gundy will always put on a great spread!!!

One day.... Maybe....

Edna_witch
Mmmm food! That reminds me I will have to and have a three ourse meal now with atleast 10 drinks just to prove to Ush that I do eat and drink sometimes!

ratcat
Can I recommend the fish? laughing out loud

Gundark
I don't worry about feeding you all, just finding places for all of you to sleep !!!

Edna_witch
Oh don't worry about me gundy I will just sleep in a doorway. Apparently I have a habit of doing that. I can't remember it of course.

Fish? Yuk!

Well if it makes you happier Ush, I drank nerly a whole pint of milk when I got to fulham and ate a massive plate of pasta (my sister always cooks to much!)

ratcat
Milk and Pasta, good call.

Me, I'll sleep anywhere. On a couch, in the garden (if it isn't raining), back of the car, in the trunk, on a beach, next to Dim, under a bed, in the bath, next to the cooker.

See, anywhere...

ratcat
Milk and Pasta, good call.

Me, I'll sleep anywhere. On a couch, in the garden (if it isn't raining), back of the car, in the trunk, on a beach, next to Dim, under a bed, in the bath, next to the cooker.

See, anywhere...

Edna_witch
Anywhere? How about in the cooker? Or maybe in the fireplace? How about on top of the chimney or in a tree? I'm sure she can find somwhere nice and uncomfortable for you!

Gundark
Been watching too much American Graffiti lately, RC ?

ratcat
Hehehe, I haven't seen that movie in a while.

Well as long as the cooker or fire weren't lit.

I once slept upsidedown on an aeroplane seat, on my face (against the floor) with my feet on the headrest.

Edna_witch
That begs the question, WHY?

ratcat
WOuld you believe it was the only way I felt comfortable. laughing out loud

Edna_witch
Normally no! but with you, I have come to accept anything!

ratcat
I think I was about 12 or 13 at the time, Christ, that's like 20 years ago...

*Feels old*

Before you were even born...

*Feels even older* sad

Edna_witch
Well you know! I can't help being full of youthful vitality!

ratcat
Well, they say, you're only as young as the woman you feel, but that still makes me 30!

Gundark
(reads between lines) cool

ratcat
And, prey, what do you read?

queeq
*still practising wedding march*

Funny that RC should mention "platonic" meetings. Did you know Plato defined this kind of spiritual love as a love between, NOT excluding sex? Just something to think about. wink

Gundark
Oh queeq, that is so romantic....(hums to self)

Ushgarak
Idonottalkfast! Iresentthat!

Well, thank GOD you drank something, Elle, it was hardly a cool day, and I was starting to worry.

BTW, I would have pointed you towards the right platform after you got past the barrier, but the guards seem to do a good job of it.

Well, it was a good day, anyway.

Gundark
Well we don't want her expiring of dehydration now.

ratcat
Never try and change the woman.... Gopod rule to live by, in my experience.

Gundark
I don't think you should try to change anybody. Unless they chew with their mouth full. I can't abide poor table manners.

Ushgarak
Thanks!

But she must have some kind of hidden fluid store in her body. I can't believe she didn't want a drink.

Gundark
I usually offer people something to drink before they even get their coat off.

Ushgarak
If I'd offered any more she would have got annoyed...

ratcat
*Can't wait to visit*

(I drink a lot of coffee, water, coke, etc)

Gundark
The keg is blown right now, but I can offer you a nice glass of Merlot.

ratcat
Ice and Coke is fine sweetie.

Ushgarak
We should build a special place for us ALL to meet...

ratcat
Yeah, Gundy's place..

Or I hear Disneyworld is nice... wink

finti
really.

Edna_witch
Ah yes! Finding the platform! Now that was embarrassing! And I couldnt get that damn ticket in the machine! Trust me to end a great dayon an embarrassing note! God did I feel stupid!

Well I have eaten to meals today! I am quite shocked!

Ushgarak
The fact that there were any ticket machine shtere at all was a surprise to me. Last time I was there there was no barrier at all. Mind you, that was some years ago... I don't get out enough...

Edna_witch
Well that just means I will have to tempt you out of the house more won't I! Although Iwill try not to almost kill you!

Ushgarak
Yes, well... blame my poor useless body, it has a habit of going wrong.

Edna_witch
Ahem! Yes actually this is atrting tosound rather dodgy! Gys its not what you are thinking! Not at all! Or is it? No its not!

Ushgarak
Err... I meant that the walk knackered me., What were they MEANT to think?

Edna_witch
Oh never mind. I know what we meant but it may sound different to them!

Ushgarak
It will? Oh, sorry then.

Edna_witch
Don't apologise! Stopit! Stop it at once!

Ushgarak
Ok... (treads carefully)

Edna_witch
See! You've been told! Again!

Ushgarak
I have? Oooh... can't be having that.

Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry...

Edna_witch
Hmmm!

wink

keokiswahine
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????? confused

ratcat
Doesn't think anything of it....

Gundark
Well I have plenty of ice and coke too RC. Well stocked beverage fridge in the basement next to the ping pong table.

Actually, once the patio room is done, we'll have a lot more room for those silly overnite guests. You'll have to draw straws for the sofabed...the rest will have to bring sleeping bags. big grin

keokiswahine
*packs aero bed to crash on Gundy's floor* big grin

ratcat
OK, and when will that be?

Gundark
Well if I can get Tommy out of the house to coincide with the ep2 release....

Edna_witch
Hang on! You're actually serious?

I thought you were kidding!

Gundark
Well if it was my house and I was the only one that lived there, I would be totally serious. I guess this is wishful thinking.....

ratcat
*Rushes back in drom travel agent, breathless*

Ok.... Got..... my..... plain..... ticket....

*Falls over and passes out.*

Edna_witch
**refuses to pick him up off the floor!**

Gundark
No problem. (drags RC by his feet down into the lab) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAA....... evil face

queeq
Scalpel!

Gundark
I think I'll give him a squik head. laughing out loud

Edna_witch
Oh no! That would be far too much of an improvement Gundy! I'm sure you can do better than that!

ratcat
*Gets up and goes and swaps plain ticket for amore exciting ticket.*

Edna, those who live in glass houses should not throuw stones sweetie.....

Edna_witch
Glass? Oh no you must be mistaken! This is plastic perpex!

Ushgarak
Well, that's ruined a classic metaphor...

ratcat
So you got it all setup to do a lot of stone throwing huh?

Edna_witch
Oh know! I liked themodern Chic look actually! Just a wonderful coincidence!

ratcat
Modern Chic look, when? 1974???

Edna_witch
Oh didnt you know? See through is the latest fashion these days but I guess you wouldnt understandwhat with being past it and all!

ratcat
Obviously, but then being "past it" has it's advantages.

keokiswahine
*looks wide-eyed at Edna's plexiglass dome* eek!

ratcat
NOt quite the rustic environment I would have expected to find a witch in, but there ya go.

Ushgarak
Oh, she's a very 'modern' Witch.

Edna_witch
I'm well adapted!

ratcat
Now that IS something I find hard to believe.... laughing out loud

Gundark
You should see how queeq decorated the inside of the closet..... smokin'

ratcat
All pink and flouncy I bet.

Gundark
Red velvet, black lights, whips & chains. Typical sith you know. laughing out loud

Edna_witch
Black light?

Well that certainly would be an interesting phenomenon!

ratcat
Edna, black lights are perfectly acceptable. And here was me thinking you were all smart and all...

Edna_witch
**Starts to wonder if she and RC are actually living in the same reality**

ratcat
Black lights are those ultraviolet lights that make anything might of flurescent glow.

And here was us thinking you were the height of vogue sweetie.

Edna_witch
OK keep your hair on! Oh sorry you're already losing that!

OK so I didn't know they were called black lights. Us northerners call them plain old ultrviolet lights!

ratcat
Hmmm, not a sign of any hair falling out on this head honey. You must be thinking of queeq.

Northerner? In staffordshire. Isn't that still classed as the midlands deary...

Edna_witch
I was speaking relatively DEARY!

ratcat
Well, in that case you're a southerner to me as we come for Cheshire & Manchester originally. wink

Edna_witch
Well if we are talking originally then I come from Sussex so I would definitely be a southerner but that is irrelevent!

ratcat
And it's irrelevant with an explanation mark.

Edna_witch
What's an explanation mark RC?

ratcat
Well, it's like an exclamation mark, but mis-spelled. laughing out loud

Edna_witch
I can't believe i am wasting valuable revision time for such THRILLING conversations!

ratcat
Neither can I, I left after that post. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Yeah, Edna, talk to me... because you love all my talk of computers and so on, don't you?

Care to join, Raz?

ratcat
Oh let's here your talk of computers! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Simply talk about computers in any function at all and Edna will get bored and go elsewhere.

ratcat
Hmmm, is that right?

Edna_witch
Oh thanks a lot Ush! Nice to know you care! You know what? My calendar seems to have suddenly become surprisingly full!

ratcat
Hey Ush, you got a break at last! laughing out loud

At least she bothered to tell you her diary was now full...

Ushgarak
You can always e-mail me Elle. Do you have a POP3 server or not?

ratcat
This could be interesting...

Ushgarak
See? She went right away...

Edna_witch
Ush shut up! Before I do something that YOU will regret!

Ushgarak
I will repel you with a motherbaord...

Edna_witch
Right you know I think I have lost you rphone number. What a shame!

Ushgarak
Now, THAT was low. You don't want to go down that way...

Edna_witch
Oh trust me! You carry on the way you are going and you will have me digging underneath you!

Ushgarak
You raise the Defcon and I am certain you will regret it more...

ratcat
INtersting, and inssults barrage.... Not a pretty sight.

Edna_witch
You see this is where you dont understand RC! We arent insulting one another. We are playing with one another. That is what you dont seem to be able to distinguish between. A playful comment and a hurtful insult! Perhaps i should leave you to dwell on that!

Dim
You two play rough..

Closing...I think this topic's run it's course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.