CLAPTON CONCERT !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gundark
Well gang, I just had to make a new topic for this, because....IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME !!!! (Yes, RC, I am shouting).

Best concert I have ever seen in my life. It was at the Bryce Jordan Center at Penn State University. I was drinking raspberry vodka with raspberry ice tea on the way up and Tommy was drinking George Killian. We were with two other couples (Tommy's sister and brother-in-law, who rented a mini van for us and Bobby drove) and our other friends Skip and Sandy. We had nachos and beer in a pub downtown then went to the show. He opened with an 8 song acoustic set then plugged in the electric, baby ! He finished with Layla, then came back out for an encore with Sunshine of Your Love (gee, wonder how many times he played that one now ?) then went back to the acoustic and did a sweet sweet version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Blew everybody away. Jerked a tear over that one. Superb ! Wished you guys could have been there....didn't get to bed until 2 am, but alive and kicking... cool

ratcat
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

Glad to here you had such a wonderful time!

Layla is my all time favorite Clapton song. Especially the kick-ass guitar solo.

finti
I like cocaine, but then again it was written for EC by JJ Cale. Good you had a blast of a time there Gundark. Slowhand does rock from time to time.

ratcat
I don't think I would ever start a post with the words "I Like Cocaine." big grin laughing out loud big grin

Gundark
Thats our finti. big grin

ratcat
Hmmmm, indeed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.