Scaner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finti
I`m now the proud owner of a Canon Canoscan N 65OU. Im but a learner though and I was wondering if any of the software that follows the scaner can let me construct own pictures. With this I mean I have downloaded loads of SW pic, can I reconstruct pictures or is it only personal scan pictures I can mess around with. My program is called ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2000.

queeq
You can probably do some photo editing things with it, but don't expect any high brow stuff. Just some basic cutting and pasting, colour and size adjustments and stuff.

But now that you have a scanner, time to put up a pic of you and Live.

ratcat
I know Dim favours Photoshop6, which I've have only just gotten a hold of. I use something called Picture Publisher 8 from a company call MicroGrafx.

Not familiar with the package you refer to, but if it came with the scanner it's probably a Lite of LE version so won't have all the features active.

I think Photoshop is supposed to be the best, but Dim would know more than most as it's her business after all.

queeq
I've been working with Photoshop ever since Photoshop 2.0, not as good and professional as Dimmy, but I have not seen the likes of it yet. But it's very expensive, luckily I can always get my boss to buy the new version which I can use whenever I want. And when I need tips, I'll ask Dimmy. laughing out loud

ratcat
I just got a copy the other day, only just installed it. I got so use to Picture Publisherm having used it since Version 4.0 that I'm having a hard time moving over to Photoshop. I will persevere though...

queeq
But please do. Photoshop is excellent. I have 5.0 at home (still have to install 6.0) and 6.0 at the office, but my computer is a tad too slow for 6.0. I'll get a faster one soon, though.

ratcat
Buy it? Oh my, that's a laugh... laughing out loud

razman
What other way is there RC? http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/angels/azzangel.gif

queeq
Yes, RC, do tell. You're not involved in any illegal activities, now are you?

*starts phoning Adobe police squad*

ratcat
I'm a great believer in try before you buy. stick out tongue

finti
What is considered expensive,( remeber I live in Norway and in the dictonary there is a map of norway beside the word expensive.) big grin

keokiswahine
oh, my, RC, can I borrow your copy to test it out, too? confused evil face eek! smokin'

ratcat
Hmmmm, now let's see.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
well if you actually want photos yo got it, but I need someone to mail them too.

Edna_witch
You could just upload them onto homestead or Geocities yourself. It's easy enough!

razman
or you could email it to me and I'll host it.

ratcat
Raz is the hosting king.

Dim
laughing out loud Seems to be doesn't he?

ratcat
I hope he never looses track of where everything is...

razman
That might be hard, as everything is stored in one folder.

Dim
And we've seen his desktop laughing out loud

razman
Its much easier when you know where everything is.

queeq
Is it?

*writes down on "Not to forget"-list*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.