Will Anakin kill 5000+ people between Ep II & IV?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IGOTMYBEAT
If Luke's not in trouble for any of the stuff he did than Anakin shouldn't have been in trouble for any of the stuff HE did, had he survived ROTJ.

What Luke did in the Original Trilogy was far worse than anything Anakin ever did.

Atleast the things Anakin did were LEGAL. Atleast the things Anakin did he was ordered to do by either the Chancellor or the Republic, or later the Emperor or the Empire.

Anakin is the epitomy of a good citizen. He served the Government for 40 years. When the Chancellor and the Republic ordered him to do something he went out and did it, when the Emperor and the Empire told him to do something he went out and did it.

What Luke did was outrageous!

*LUKE KILLED MORE PEOPLE ON THE DEATH STAR THAN ANAKIN EVER KILLED.
How many people do you suppose were on that Death Star? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens-of-thousands??? Some were clones, but they are still LIVING beings serving the Empire. And clearly there were officers who WEREN'T clones, and did Luke stop to think about those officers' wives and children waiting for them at home???

*LUKE DESTROYED GOVERNMENT PROPERTY
How much time, money, and energy was spent in building the Death Star??? It looked big so I'd imagine a lot.

*LUKE WAS A MEMBER OF A BAND OF REBELS THAT SOUGHT TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT
The United States Government would have done the EXACT same thing were it faced with a band of rebels actively attempting to overthrow the Government, destroying Government property, and killing Government soldiers.

Point is Anakin has to kill about 5000+ people between Ep II and IV to catch up to Luke's body count.

finti
Luke was in a win or die situation on the Death Star, a battle station design to destroy entire planets.
The Us government are legally elected(or was until the last election) The Empire overthrew the old republic, first by Palpatine to declear himself emperor then again by dissolving the senate.
Darth Vader was part of a group who blew up Alderaan.
And by the way the US government wouldn`t be where they are if they weren`t a band of rebels themselves once upon a time.
Either your post has a lot of irony or we have a huge debate on or hands.
I shall look forward to it if it`s so.

IGOTMYBEAT
I'm sorry the United States government is LEGALLY ELECTED? Tell me...in 1492 when Columbus came did the American-Indians here at the time vote for a bunch of people with guns driving them into reservations?

What about in 1776? Did American-Indians get a say in the Constitution???

Now what do you think would happen if all the American-Indians secretly armed themselves and then destroyed the Pentagon? Would we just forgive them?

Darth Gehenna
Do you have alot of hatred towards America?

JediOasis
Are you actually being serious IGMB? Cause if you are, well, thats just weird. The Empire enslaved aliens and used discrimination in its actions, Hitler did the same thing. Luke was a hero, plain and simple. Watch the movie "Clerks" its all explained very good.

IGOTMYBEAT
Darth Gehena I LOVE the United States and I'm glad we took the land from the indians cuz really what would the Indians do with it? Run around naked all day?

If the U.S. hadn't taken it from the Indians then the Nazis would've or the smelly French would've or the Japanese would've.

finti
I belive the british started to colonize the american land, forcing the Indian to retreat. The yanks just finished the job.
Your attitude toward the Native Americans is kind of childish, close to racial.
On the behalf of the SW topic I totally agree with Jedi Oasis

IGOTMYBEAT
1)ENSLAVED an entire race of people.

2)Drove the original inhabitants of the land into reservations, killing and hunting down many of them in the process.

The United States is the greatest country on Earth. Yet this is undeniably part of our history.

Now...when Timothy McVeigh or any other wacko hears voices in his head like Luke did, we arrest them and throw them in jail.

The United States is the greatest country on Earth. But even a crappy country like Russia or France or Japan has the right to unleash their military on a group of rebels that instead of protesting peacefully take up arms and blow up government property killing government troops in the process.

Luke does NOT have the right to blow up Government property killing hundreds of thousands if not millions of people onboard...REGARDLESS, REGARDLESS of whether or not he hears voices in his head.

I mean...would that have saved Timothy McVeigh? If in his defense he said he heard Obi-Wan talking to him would we then spare his life? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

JediOasis
Um, I hope you don't take this the wrong way or anything, but its just a movie.

UnknownBountyHunter
IGMB, this is DEFINITELY not the right forum to have country wars. The attitude in this post better clear up pretty darn fast or I am closing it! As for my opinion on the situation, Luke didn't kill 10,000+ people, he saved hundreds of thousands. Do you realize what a death star does? (*Hint* Alderaan). Besides, the New Republic determines punishment for people who murder/cheat/steal, etc. (Now that the Emperor is dead). So why would they punish a man that saved many lives?

IGOTMYBEAT
OK look...

The EMPIRE is the GOVERNMENT. They have LAWS. If Luke Skywalker and the Rebels are unhappy about the Empire they should protest peacefully. Hold up signs, picket or something. You can't go around destroying government property and killing people. Luke should've started a petition or a charity concert.

UnknownBountyHunter
But was the Empire the government AFTER he destroyed the Death Star, Palpatine, and Vader? No! Exactly as I thought smile As for charity, concerts, picketing, etc., etc., etc. what would that make the SW Movies look like? A commercial for civil rights if you ask me.

IGOTMYBEAT
EXACTLY.

Luke overthrew the CURRENT GOVERNMENT and killed people in the process.

Darth Vader overthrew the PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT and killed people in the process.

So...if Luke doesn't get in trouble, neither should Vader.

Furthermore this thread should NOT be closed OR moved because it has to do with the Prequels, mainly the central character of the Prequels and the ENTIRE SAGA, Anakin Skywalker.

This thread has nothing to do with Luke, except that I'm using Luke's example to make a point, which is, basically, Luke killed all those people to overthrow the Government which is not all that different from what Anakin Skywalker did.

Anakin is percieved as this really evil guy, but he didn't even do anything ILLEGAL. And...HE DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING WRONG, I mean if what Luke did wasn't wrong, than nothing Anakin did was wrong either.

Gundark
I'm not sure if I want to stick my foot in this but....

The Empire rose to power through force..not The Force...corruption, deceit, bribery, blackmail, torture and murder. Intentionally. Tarkin turned out the lights on Alderaan for KICKS. Then sent the scout ships out to Dantooine with the same intention of blowing up that planet. And followed the Falcon to the fourth moon of Yavin with the intention of blowing it up too. Look at that mind probe they laid on Leia...think the rebels would do something like that for information ? I truly doubt it. Who knew how many other prisoners were undergoing how many other unspeakable acts of torture in those cell bays ? The Empire hates aliens ("Where are you taking this....thing ?"wink and the Alliance has all kinds of races among its ranks, showing no racism. The Bothan spies DIED to deliver information to the rebels that, as it turned out, the Emporer had ALLOWED them to acquire...again, for KICKS !! Those Bothans died in vain. Pure vain for the amusement of the Emporer. I could go on and on here, but I'm getting thirsty. Also, IGMB, I don't know any french people, but I'm sure they bathe like the rest of us and wouldn't appreciate being called smelly. IMHO OC. mad

IGOTMYBEAT
Killing is wrong. Just because Luke heard voices in his head didn't give him the right to blow up government property and kill all those people.

If it's O.K. for Luke to do it then it's O.K. for Vader.

UnknownBountyHunter
I thought that's how Americans (Kennedy, Bush, The Unabomber, etc.) worked? laughing out loud

JediOasis
I know we are not supposed to bash people but IGMB is really annoying me right now. He's got to just be saying this stuff to get under our skins. If he honestly thinks its okay for the Empire to do what they did, then he needs to be checked for brain problems. Luke is a HERO. Darth Vader is a VILLIAN. Its a story to a movie. The underdog GOOD guys defeat the BAD guys. Its that simple, if George Lucas read this he would be shaking his head....

Gundark
Well said, JO.

noggins
Great reference to Clerks JO (Next to the SW movies - Kevin Smith's movie are the best!!!) When destroying the Death Star Luke was punishing evil (quoting Randal there smile ) The fact remains that Vader probably killed a lot more before even counting the Jedi and population of Alderaan (he even started before he turned - think Tusken massacre). He killed to bring about an evil dictatorship while Luke's deed was in order to bring back peace to the galaxy. It was the only way to do it - the Empire wouldn't listen is the Rebels just asked "please can we have the galaxy back." They had to take action - it was kill or be killed. I suppose in that respect the Civil War could, possibly, be considered a just war....

IGOTMYBEAT
GL and Rick McCallum are the ones talking about the line between right and wrong being blurred in the Prequels. I'm just exaggerating to make a point...that Anakin, in his mind, could justify what he did.

finti
No he kills his own officers if He thinks they didnt perform according to his wishes.

IGOTMYBEAT
Dude but that's how they do it over there!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did that in freakin' China so come on give him a break!

The only reason they don't do it here is cuz once you kill someone with the force-choke you've got a lawsuit on your hands.

finti
It is time for you to separate between the real world and the world of Star Wars.
If you want to discuss real world try the General Discussion forum.

IGOTMYBEAT
OK so I'm supposed to stop talking about the real world well what about pikachu attacking the Emperor and the Death Star being a giant transformer and lightsabers are made out of colorful pee.

UnknownBountyHunter
IGMB, exactly WHAT is your diagnosis? *Hint* *Hint* Stick with the topic.

Gundark
IGMB, you need to chill out. mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.