Hi all

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Texas
Hello, this looks like a great board!

Matrix ruled smile

clavis9495
ehm it still rules darling yes

-=Urot=-
Welcome Red Texas I hope you enjoy your stay.

Red Texas
So true, clavis, I can't wait til the next one - we've got it planned on our calanders, here in podunktown Texas smile

The Omega
Hey, and welcome, Red Texas. smile

Red Texas
Thanx smile

clavis9495
Yeah a warm welcome from all of us!!!

burlyman
yes Howdy and Welcome..
and remember to free your mind
...I can only show you the door, youre the one thats has to walk through it

JediHDM
yes, howdy. I am also from Texas...Hows it going, over there?

Red Texas
I live in Killeen, how bout yourself?

Korri
ello!! welcome smile

JediHDM
Katy, well, i used to, but college brings me to Atlanta Ga...

Alias Neo
greetings

Korri
love

icansee
Red Tx, what is the weather like, I undertand you have some heavy rain.

Red Texas
Well, there's been some showers, but the main thing is how cool it's been

right now, it's like 66 degrees! That's freezing!

In the afternoons, it only gets to 80's or low 90's , and the breeze is alot cooler now.

Fall here we come smile

Korri
you Americans r gr8 when it comes to the heat 23 degrees and im almost fainting

JediHDM
Korri, are you talking in centigrade, cause Tex here is talking Fahrenheit...And yeah, i miss the heat, its too cold here in GA... I want a 90 degree "heat wave" to roll through, make these people think hot...

Korri
im not good in hot weather

but im ok in other hot situations angel

Red Texas
23 c= 73 F

OMG, Kerri, I hope you're kidding, because that's COLD for Texans smile

But then again, we're used to 38c and 40c 'round here smile

Korri
uh Kerri?

Red Texas
my bad

Korri
heehee

icansee
So red tx, what is your take on the matrix movies? are you fan or a real fan?

icansee
Texas, is one hot place I experienced 100F once, and survived to tell the tale.

icansee
Korri, I forgot to mention that the Matrix main website has some new pictures of your loved one.

Korri
really? i want it!!! eek!

icansee
lol

Korri
sorry i cannot contain myself embarrasment

icansee
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/ you may have seen this one already but hey.

Korri
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/drool.gif

icansee
lol lol lol

Korri
i cant help it angel

Red Texas
oy vey smile

I loved the movies, and I'm interested(although not a follower) in the philosophy espoused in the movies...

Korri
i a real fan happy

Red Texas
obviously big grin

Korri
not just of the films whistle

Red Texas
He's gotta consider this movie a godsend, now that he's got every female in the civilized world after him smile

Korri
but he is mine

Jedi will tell u that smile

Red Texas
I think I'd give that more credit if Keanu told me smile

JediHDM
Maybe i AM Keanu...

mindbugaling
i think you are smokin'

The Omega

JediHDM
Omega> HAHAHA...yeah, im not, i just play one on tv...oh, wait, no dont...Hmmm...alright, im just a college student, only...

Red Texas
he's an atheist? hm, interesting...

SCORE ONE FOR MY CAMP! smile

The Omega
JediHDM> Oh, really? wink I think I'll open a "So how do Matrix-fans LOOK" thread very soon.

Red Texas> I think I did read that somewhere. (Oh, and btw, you're not alone in THAT camp here smile) Mr. Reeves is a very private person (which doesn't rule out that he isn't bright), so it's difficult to find any hard facts on him.

JediHDM
AHHHHH!!! No, dont, no pics...JJ, but really, you dont wanna see my room, or any of my pics, for that matter...

The Omega
JediHDM> TOO late! big grin

JediHDM
Awww...I dont have any cool Matrix-y pics... sad

Red Texas
Omega,

Cool smile

Another_Smithy
Did'nt know that Keanu was atheist, I am one aswell.

Red Texas
Well, it's good that there are so many of us here smile

Another_Smithy
In my opinoin religion is a false hope that only holds humanity back in the stone age and it also is nothing more than a way to discriminate and make money off of someone.

Red Texas
religion is a tool of class control - always has...

Another_Smithy
Wow, we think alot alike.

Red Texas
heh, well, are you an anarchist?

Commies and anarchists have a lot of the same core beliefs on organs of the state(just not the origins, or for that matter, purpose smile)

Another_Smithy
I cant say that for sure (if i did I would get crusified) and also was'nt Jesus from egypt or around there or something? That means that the bible contradicts itself again.

Red Texas
ah, still not sure?

They say Jesus was from that region, yes.

Another_Smithy
Ha I laugh at them all, they are just lost sheep. I cant believe that in my school once a girl contested evolution and religion (she was religious I was evo) I won the support of my class in 5 minutes, she was all sad that day.

Red Texas
ah, yes, I remember in 9th grade bio I was the ONLY ONE debating for evolution(we had a debate)

all the enemy could muster was "THE BIBLE SAYS..."

Another_Smithy
Lol, simple minded fools. Do you do everything a piece of paper tellse you? Hey im going ot go to be now, I would like to talk to you again later, until then PEACE OUT YO!

Red Texas
latR, man

JediHDM
Um, Jesus was from Judea, his parents traveled to Bethlehem to pay their taxes(for that was the city of David) had Jesus there. Later, when the king decreed all the children would be killed, they were supernaturally led to Egypt, until that King died, then they returned. And the Bible actually agrees with science, although evolution has no basis in science...

Red Texas
This man's a genius, a book that says the earth was created 6000 years ago has scientific basis, and Darwin's theories on evolution have no base in science.

Joo crack me up smile

JediHDM
it actually speaks of the water cycle, and other things unknown to man until much, much later (like the nineteenth century) and there IS NO basis for evolution, otherwise where are the "middle creatures" how do you explain how virus' "evolved" before more "complex" creatures, though virus' require a host to survive? It is literally impossible for a complete mutation to survive, to create it's own species. It would require that there be at least two of the species, at the same time, that have reproductive systems INTACT, perfectly functioning, to create a species from the mutations. And if each subsequent species is better than the previous one, why didn't the previous "versions" die off? Even your precious Darwin knew there was no basis for his Hypothesis. Curators of natural history museums, including the one in London, which is the LARGEST in the world, have no evidence that ANY species evolved into another. It seems to me to be a bigger leap of faith to say that we are the product of about a million "chances" happening in order and all working, than it is to accept the fact that God created us in his image.

Red Texas
Oh jesus....

OK, to the water cycle: prove to me we didn't know about it until the nineteenth century.

and where exactly does it speak about the water cycle? Don't give me some ambiguous phrase literally referring to loins, either, I want PROOF.

To your evolution scpiel:

Take a cup of beans, 50 white beans, 50 black beans.

The beans represent bunny genes, the white ones are the genes for NO HAIR, the black , FOR HAIR. If you get two white(recessive), the bunny dies, because the climate is cold.

Pick 2 beans at random until all the beans are gone, put the double whites in a separate pile, because bunnies are dead.

when you finish em all, put the beans back in a cup and do that over again.

what do you notice, NO HAIR bunnies become rarer and rarer.

POOF, evolution.

Now to crush your ignorance:

Here's your preoblem. YOU ASSUME that a mutation CHANGES THE original animal's SPECIES, this is incorrect, because, as you probably don't know, evolution occurs over millions and millions of years.

Think of this, if a couble has a kid with a big nose, that big nosed kid CAN STILL REPRODUCE with other non-big nose people, in having kids, he passes his BIG NOSE GENES on, thus, evolution.

again, your species assumption is glaringly wrong. refer to the bunny example above.

So? Becoause some brit curator is an ignorant fool, evolution is incorrect? check your logic.

Not really, you just have no clue what you're talking about smile

JediHDM
two units of the same species reproducing is not evolution, it is random genetic melding. I'm talking about, where are the subsets of a particular species, that resemble a "later" species? And don't tell me about microevolution, because i see microevolution occur, but macroevolution cannot. If we are evolved, how do we have such specialized organs, such as the eye? How did the precision of such sensory organs happen? Theres no way it happened by chance...If evolution does not change the original species, where is the proof, the half-newt half-robin? And, by calling the british curator an Ignorant fool, are you saying that you have proof that he does not, or that you really dont have anything to say, so why not demean him, it'll make you feel better, right?

Korri
laughing out loud

VenomVA
dayz late but Welcome Tex! Blame my late welcome on Isabel mad

SimplePriest
Hello tex. Welcome (sorry I'm late)

Another_Smithy
So lemme get this straight, the earth was created 6000 yrs ago according to this really big and boring book huh? So where in the blue hell did the dinosaur bones come from?

JediHDM
The oldest book, Job, speaks of huge creatures on Earth...

Another_Smithy
Yeah but we are talking about the bible.

SimplePriest
Job is a book in the bible.

Another_Smithy
Is it, damn I am not a spiritual dude. Sorry bout that but dinos lived before us over 65 mill years ago not 6000. And anyways would'nt we like not have the skill and intelligence to write?

JediHDM
Actually, writing is attributed to man about 3500 BC, which is about 5500 years ago...so no...

Red Texas
Yes it is, I'm not going to waste my time on this anymore, it's like discussing with a brick wall who refuses to read the writing on himself(funny, eh smile)

Red Texas
OK, I'll address this:

THAT'S WHAT EVOLUTION IS. Did you read my bunny example!?

You're talking wrong. Is they resemble one another, they could have similar evolutionary origin, and like conditions, which would not require radical change, OR have different origins, yet, because of like environments, look alike because of some function. Bats and butterflies come to mind here.

And this, my friends, is called dodging the question. He can't take me on the battlefield, so he wants to play chess(using verbose terms).

Specialized organs are just that: SPECIALIZED, you answered your OWN QUESTION. They are fitted to our environment, and means of survival.

The guy with the blind/deaf/mute genes never got laid, the guy with the 20/20 vision did, thus, evolution.

Brash statement followed by...an ambiguous question? GOOD FORM!

Never said that. You must be mixing up what I and your sunday school teacher have told you smile

Uhm, OK, where's YOUR proof of a moon made of cheesecake!(see how rediculous that sounds?)

I'm saying, if he's backed down against the belligerent Jesuscrats, he is a fool, and has obviously never read anything By darwin, or anything on evolution, for that matter.

and when did I say I had definite proof? It's a THEORY for a reason, mainly, because we can't sit around for 10 million years to observe it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.