What happens to Aragorn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

melanie49
What happens to Aragorn at the end of ROTK? embarrasment

CandyKoRn
Nothing bad..

wait til the movie, or read the books.

Exa
Well, think of it, what could happen...?

And, yes, that's exactly what happens.
Why don't you read the books? Much better than the film.

billyboyd4ever
yea seriously ti bugs me how these people wanna kno what happens from someone else when they could just not ruin it and wait or even better, read the books!!! its a much better experience than reading it from soemone

Arwenishott
in the end of rotk, aragorn claims the throne of gondor, and divides up certain territories to be ruled by faramir and the prince of dol amroth. aragorn and arwen also get married.

OrliNElijahsGrl
i dont know how to do the spoiler thing

BUT i heard that aragorn dies at the end, as well as arwen, is that true?

OrliNElijahsGrl
lemme try it again, i found the code for it i also heard that aragorn dies at the end, as well as arwen! is that true?

OrliNElijahsGrl
I ALSO heard that sam thinks frodo is dead so he takes the ring, and leaves him for the dead, frodo then gets captured by orcs, and they take his clothes (WOOT!!!) is that true as well?

Arwenishott
well, the first one is kind of. in the real book, aragorn and arwen do not die, but well after the book ends they do. my book has the appendicies in it, so they die in that, but im sure their deaths will not be in the movie. and about frodo, that is also true. sam thinks that shelob killed frodo, so sam takes the ring and starts to leave, when orcs find frodo and take him away. sam follows the orcs, and a fight breaks out between the orcs, killing all but i think two. so then sam rescues frodo, they dress in orc clothes, and are on their way again.

Dark_Queen
u should read the books, otherwise its just ruining the ending if everyone tells u bits & pieces.well i dont know how to post spoilers either, but ill say one thing-who do you think the title return of the king is referring to???wink

jimbo3
Read the books.

OrliNElijahsGrl
Arwenishott thanks so much for that info, that meant alot, it helped cleared things

someone posted at a orlando board, a link that went to the last 2 pages of the return of the king script, and it said that arwen and aragorn dies, it sounded really sad :-(

DarkQueen and Jimbo, i didnt appreciate those comments, i do need to read the books, but unfortuntly i dont have the time, since i work and have phlebotomy class, i want to get the books but i havent been able to go get them yet

Arwenishott
u do the spoiler thing by doin............ (whatever u want to say) (don't include the stars)

fini
hmm

fini
yeah it works..
well aragorn becomes king( omg i cant wait to see him on the throne) , and he married arwen. He lives for a very long time, and has a few children. you know a good ending.

Arwenishott
pretty much summed it up fini.

fini
laughing out loud

Orli'sElf7
lol wow thanks!!! haha i could wait for the movie anyways lol

sauron
Aragorn? Are we talking about the same sad excuse for a Dunadan who couldn't get over a stuck-up older woman who wouldn't give him the time of the day for twenty-nine years? The same rat who connived to usurp the kingship of Gondor -- a realm that had happily gotten rid of the last king nearly 1000 years ago -- taking advantage of some broken, rusty, factory-refurbished sword he found in his foster father's attic and a 1000 old myth about his ancestors? (How would you react if the descendent of Charlemagne showed up in Paris today to claim kingship over France, bringing in the shroud of Turin as the evidence?)

You have to admire the intricacies of his insidious plot to weaken and eventually eliminate the line of the Stewards while keeping his hands clean, though. First, he "erred" by leaving Boromir to die at the hands of Orcs (then had the cheek to win himself renown for chasing those same Orcs down Rohan, while making Eomer and friends do the actual work in destroying them!). Then he sent in his partners-in-evil, Gandalf Stormcrow and Peregrin the Hobbit, to fill poor Denethor with grief, entice him into looking into the Palantir, and hasten his death (but not so quickly that he couldn't win brownie points by arriving "just in time" to save the day at Minas Tirith, only hours after Denethor had died!). And, after the war was over, he finally marched in himself to wrest power peacefully from Faramir, who was too spineless to resist him (not that he could have done much, after all the clever PR campaigns Aragorn had done for himself in the city). Talk about perfect crime -- Saruman would have been proud.

All this, for bagging one Elven wench . And you call Beren "lusty"? I think not.

</troll>

See p. 277 in Return of the King: "A day draws near that I have looked for in all the years of my manhood." I'm honestly convinced that Aragorn would not have gone through so much trouble to gain kingship over Gondor were it not for Elrond dangling Arwen over his head -- he never seems hungry for glory, power or authority anywhere else in the book.

orlandoOYEA
Wow lots of negative comments all in one go, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I love the magic of message boards.

aragorniscool45

aragorniscool45
i guess no what about now? [/spoiler hi

aragorniscool45
nevermind

Kitoky
Duuude Sauron, chill man. So Aragorn isn't exactly one of your most favorite characters but did you have to inform us of THAT many negative things?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.