Broadband

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hegemon875
Just wondering how many people here have broadband. I myself have a comcast cable connection.

LanceWindu
I have MVDSL broadband.

The MV stands for Moapa Valley, where I live.

Hegemon875
have you seen my post on Anime Music Videos try it out you'll like it.
And whats your bandwidth

Hegemon875
mine is 1.5 mb per second

I have att dsl

Hegemon875
cable is faster stick out tongue

LanceWindu
I've seen the post.

I don't know my bandwidth, what's it matter?

Hegemon875
did you try it?

LanceWindu
I don't want to.

haha yeah i know, but t1 and t3 is faster than cable and i'm in a network with a t3 connection for 6 hours a day, haha beat that suckers! Happy Dance

LanceWindu
I'd like a T3 connection.

mechmoggy
I've got a broadband cable connection. cool

wicker_man
Ive got broadband and have become addicted to it,excellent for playing online games.

Hegemon875
check you bandwidth at http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Baylin
I've got adsl broadband and compared to my old dial up it kicks butt!

SpikeSpiegel
I will supposedly have broadband by the 15th october where i live, but they said that in june and haven't done out since, lazy bt, get a move on!

Fire
well Telenet Broadband for me

but the damn thing has up and download limits, which I passed for this month with a damn virus so I won't be able to use my full bandwidth
500 kb/s untill the 11th of october

Bhang
We have a T3 connection running through our house! It is awsome! My Step-monster is a bigwig at her company, she calls it one of her little perks...
I call it dyn-o-mite!

Hegemon875
is 500kbs your max or what you're stuck with cause thats pretty slow.

diegocala
I have dial-up sad

shadow link
i have a Motorolla SURFboard cable modem and its fast compared to dial up i dont know wat id do without it

the only thing is we only have a 500mb download limit coz it costs heaps more a month to gte more. so there all thos e trailors and music to look at but i cant coz itll eat up our download limit, sacrifices must be made

SpikeSpiegel
Finally after a year of waiting to reach the 'trigger level', six months of waiting for it to be installed, and ten days waiting for it to arrive...I finnaly have broadband...well ok so i'll have broadband tomorrow, i was out when the modem was delivered.

Fire
nice Spike you'll love it

Phoenix
wesa have broadband... 512k

Fire
nice Phoe

Hegemon875
Can't remember how I could live with dial-up.

burlyman
i got broadband
ditto hegemon

yerssot
I wish I had broadband on campus

Lord_Andres
I got ADSL 512kbs I think

SpikeSpiegel
Wah? How fast? I love Broadband big grin

Hegemon875
I have 1.5 megabytes per second

blakangel
I cant get broadband where I live... sad

I live in the middle of nowhere...and theres not enough who want it!

Hegemon875
ouch......really sux for you. There's no comparison between dial-up and broadband

yerssot
there is, one is fast one is beneath slow

Tex
I still have a crappy 56kembarrasment

must_kill_Santa
me and spike got broadband today

blakangel
s'not fair...

I want to try get a petitiion together; but I know I wouldn't get enough names for it sad

I wish I had the chance to get broadband!

Tattooz
4.1 megabits per second. been on cable for about a year and was on dsl for about a year before that. internet is shit without broadband.

Hegemon875
How much do you pay Tattooz

Tattooz
$45 per month. the first 6 months was $19.95

Hegemon875
stick out tongue i only pay $30 per month and my first 6 months was also about $20 per month.
But thats probably because we get our digital TV cable from the same company so we a discount.

Tattooz
i get my digital cable from the same company too. i can't complain cause my download speed owns. dsl was great also. cable is a bit faster but dsl is a bit cheaper.

tptmanno1
man i got a goddam 56k dial up
it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silver_tears
i love my unlimited cable internet wink
so very fast yes

yerssot
*sighs*
two more days sad

Fire
my parents pay like 25$ for it. so that's doable normaly it's only for one comp but I share it over 3 comps big grin

yerssot
which slows things down?

Hegemon875
My speed was about 1.5 MB per sec but now it's less than 500 KB per sec WHY?

Dryden
is it cable?

cable is PUBLIC line access. Meaning it depends on how many subscribers you have on that line. When you started, there probably weren't many people on it, and now that time has passed more and more people have joined, and thus eaten up your broadband.

My parents cable modem is barely faster than dial up now...lol

If you want a designated line, go with DSL. You have a gauranteed speed and access. Overall cable CAN be faster but in some areas it is not. Notice when you sign up they say."up to..1.5" meaning they dont gaurantee it. With dsl, what you get when you start is what you'll always have.

Hegemon875
Yeah it's cable but it happened over night.

Dryden
ahh, did you put a cable modem amplifier on the line? if you do, dont bother, it has the opposite effect they say it does.

did you alter anything with the hardware?

Fire
Nah not much really yerss, since the others are only used for webbrowsing and chatting

Hegemon875
Yeah, I did download an accelerator but uninstalled it a while ago. I just tested it again and it's just about back to normal , 1.3 MB. Why does it keep fluctuating.

Fire
Hege which OS are you using?

Hegemon875
WinMe

Fire
There's your problem

btw I dunno WinMe too well since I didn't use it very long, but can you get a status (showing packages sent and received) from your internet connection?

Hegemon875
UMMMMMM.... i dont think so, why?

yerssot
yayy! fast one now smile

Fire
cause when your upload is too big, which can happen because of certain viruses you wont notice it, cause they work without you knowing it, but you do notice the fact that your downstream speed shrinks like hell

Hegemon875
I figured out the prob, it was my firewall. I called the cable company and they told me to try using it without my firewall for a while. And so I did and after a couple minutes it was back to normal, 1.5 Mb.

burlyman
laughing

Fire
laughing out loud

yerssot
from time to time, I feel like that messed

crazy_c
I have ntl broadband

Hegemon875
Thought I'd bump this.

Lil Seraph
i onli got 56K sucks.

Fitch
smells like a bragging type of threadbig grin
cable here

rusky
yeah...me too... sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.