ROTK trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainHaldir
A friend of mine lives in irvine california and she went to the big comic con they have once a year.... She was looking around and she went to the LOTR section and met Sean, Elijah, Billy, and Dominic!!! I was soooooo jealous when she told me..... but she also got to see the teaser trailer for ROTK!!!!! she said they showed a breif part of the war for middle earth and gondor and rohan were charging orcs and oliphants and easterlings..... it was a huge battle!! They also showed a little blip of shelob, and they showed gandalf and pippen talking to the stward of gondor in his great hall. I can only imagine..... ohhh *shivers* im getting excitement chills just thinking about it....

ewforeva
my friend said that billy wasnt there but it was sean astin, andy serkis, elijah wood, and dominic monaghan....what day did your friend go?

undomiel
ya I went
it was Dominic Monaghan, Sean Astin, Elijah Wood, Andy Serkis, and Sala Baker
(just in case you didnt know, Sala Baker was the guy who played Sauron and he was also a Uruk hai)

edwinian
Here is an interesting description that I found...I didn't go..wish I had..but this gives you some more details and an idea of what will be on the preview on the TTT DVD!!

And BTW- I am really jealous of those in CA...wish I had gone!

Metroplex
Pelennor fields will be big in the article at the killermovies website, Peter Jackson explained that Pellennor fields battle will have 200 000 orcs. I cant wait to see that. I also cant wait to see what Gollum does to Frodo at Mount Doom(I hope it wont be too gruesome that part)

Lord_Andres
anybody know how many men Gondor got?

Orli'sElf7
oh yeesh..alot!!

Lord_Andres
is that 100 000 or 10 000? or else?

XxSamanthaxX
I think it was about 10 000, was it not?

silver_tears
i saw the trailer thing on the TTT special edition dvd big grin

Exa
Erm- in the book, it was about 11 200, but in the book the troops of Mordor also "just" had 45 000 men.
I think there'll be about 10 000 men for Gondor on Pelennor, 6 000 alone Rohirrim with horses.

But numbers are a bit strange in the film... for example, the elves in Helms Deep. They're supposed to be 150, but Tolkien says the wall was long enough that 2000 men could stand there next to each other, and there are even three rows standing there...

turin
hello! this friday the ROTK trailer will be coming out with second hand lions. I am also sure that it is going to be poping up soon on the web. if anybody finds it please post a link to it so we can all check it out, thanks!!!

Exa
Er - which trailer?
A new one?

turin
well so far to date there hasnt been a trailer, just the preview that was on the dvd. the actually movie trailer that will play in theaters will be attached to second hand lions in its second week which will be this friday. i am sure it will pop up on web sites though and i cant waite to see it, but i dont want to have to go to the show house for a trailer.

Exa
Strange there was one on the internet some weeks ago... some scenes were the same as in the preview on the DVD, but far more.
Wasn't a legal one, I think... but quite good.

turin
ya, i saw that. it was pretty good, but i beleive it was all just clips from that 10 minute preview on the dvd.

Exa
No, there were more scenes and it was available before the DVD came out...

Arwenishott
but helm's deep and minas tirith(minas tirith being to strongest ever) are both major forts...........it would only take mainly arrows to defend them for the beginning of the seige. and i thought in the book there were no elves in the deep.

fini
the only elves involved in the battles in gondor were legolas and elrond's sons

turin
i just read a report that said that shelob is going to make an appearence in the trailer this friday. i get the feeling we wont get a good look at her, she will probably be covered in shadows, but that makes the decision even harder, go see a movie just for a trailer, or hope that one of you finds it on the net!!! smile

Exa
Anybody know if the trailer will also be attached to the German version?
I prefer hoping smile

Exa
---
I'm just watching the TT again... these are definitely more than 150 elves. Rather 550 or something...

Orli'sElf7
lol i thought they just reproduced about 200 over and over again? just like with the orcs

Exa
maybe... perhaps its also with that Massive thing...

bit offtop
i wanna see the pelennor battle ... *goincrazy*

Orli'sElf7
lol i know!! lol....im gonna end upo crying tho.....theoden....and eowyn and and merry : (

Orli'sElf7
omg sry that didnt work!!
crap i forgot the \\ 's

turin
good news!!! the trailer will be on the internet monday at www.lordoftherings.net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is 2 1/2 minutes long and supposedly has a glimpse of shelob!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.