What are people listening to?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vicky
As I'm new here, I thought I might try and get to now a few names a bit better by inquiring as to what you're all listening to at the moment. If you're not like me and don't listen to music whilst online, you are welcome to tell me to shut up, but if not, I'm curious to know.
And BTW, I'm listening to the new Daft Punk album, Discovery.

Vicky
Sorry, that should say 'know a few names'. Yes, I really am stupid.

Dim
Hi Rhea smile

Lets see..what I listen to depends on where I'm at. At work I listen to mostly alternative and some punk (I don't know who the bands are, co-worker's CDs)
In the car I listen to basically anything...I've even been listening to the Spanish stations.

queeq
Spanish stations? Hehehehe, reminds me of the soundtrack of The Big Lebowski I have in my car right now, with the Gipsy King's version of Hotel California. It's all in Spanish except for the chorus which goes something like this:

Welkom to zee Chotel California
Suds a lovuh place (Suds a lovuh place)
Suds a lovuh place (Suds a lovuh place)

laughing out loud

JediOasis
Well, Oasis is a common thing. But more recently I've been listening to that band off the VH1 show Bands on the Run called Flickerstick. I ordered their CD off their website and its the best thing I've heard in a long time. I get to see them in concert Tuesday in Colombus Ohio! And I've also been listening to older Verve stuff like their first two albums.

finti
I am listening to Billy Idol at the moment
"Hey little sister what have you done

Mechmoggy
Finti this 80's fixation has to end. I bet you've got a mullet too eh? Lets move on, I know it's hard to let go but please! big grin

Only kidding finti.

I'm listening to the Stereophonics new album "just enough education to perform".

Edna_witch
Well like Dim it pretty much depends on where I am. If I am at school stresing about A level revision thenI will be listening to an orchestral soundtrack. Mask of Zorro, Stargate or SW are some favourites. Other times, ATM, I like a bit of Linkin Park, Traveling Wilburies, Ben Folds five and a bit of the old toploader. I've quite an eclectic taste really!

Gundark
Had a Celtic thing going over the weekend...Enya and Secret Garden.

Saturday night we went to some friends for dinner (they were at the Clapton concert with us, so naturally we were listening to some Clapton), Dave Matthews while we ate, then moved on to Dream Theatre and Queensryche while we played ping-pong. (Me and Tommy kicked butt, hehehe) cool

finti

Dim
Any yoddling? stick out tongue

finti
Well I`m Norwegian not a leder hosen wearing German, Austrian or Swiss hillbilly big grin
We dont yoddle in Norway we scream if we want to be heard evil face

Gundark
Well thanks for enlightening me muscially, once again, finti, you're the master ! cool

Welcome, Rhea...glad you joined us !!!! cool cool

finti
Chris Re(h)a? big grin

Gundark
My parents are coming for dinner tonight....Tommy usually puts in Yanni when they're there. Something mellow. Mom's fav is Frank Sinatra, although she'll listen to some new age stuff if I introduce her to it. Dad is pretty much Pat Boone type stuff. But then, lets face it, who wants to listen to Metallica when they're eating ? (Besides finti) wink

finti
Metallica is not my fav, music while I eat must be; mellow like Clannad(Irish Band and they are the brothers, sister and cousins of ENYA) Robbie Robertsen is nice as well

Gundark
Well thats what I meant, something mellow for dinner. Didn't mean metallica in particular, just heavy metal. Don't like Ozzy with my omelette. Hehehe. laughing out loud

finti
no if its Ozzy it has to be scrambled eggs laughing out loud

finti
Soon we have mid June, time to put on Eagels and Hotel California people.
"On a dark desert highway...."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.