Horror Awards?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ANGELIQUE
WHY HAVE THERE NEVER BEEN ANY HORROR AWARD SHOWS?
I DON'T THINK IT'S FAIR TO US HORROR FANS!

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

P.S. WHERE DO I FIND AVATAR SO I CAN
CHOOSE A PICTURE!

BackFire349
horror movies arent usually recognized by the public as good movies.

wicker_man
I agree^

DeNiro
i like the idea though i think its cool good thread

slayer
my dad thinks their crap and go into no depth they have just as much detail as other movies

BackFire349
making agood horror movies takes alot more skill and passion then it takes to make a good movie from another genre. plus i think its not a good idea to have an award show for only one genre, i dont see how that would work.

pablo007
Yeah but there aren't enough horror movies released every year, good ones any way. God I want to forget about seeing Darkness Falls !

grymlock
yeah... not much of good horror movie nowadays.. the best years are still in the 70's and 80's... cheers mate!! beer

K Kruegers Twin
Thats true, but Freddy vs Jason was pretty good!

DeNiro
i think that darkness falls was an al right movie to watch if there was nothin on but i think a true horror movie that is very good should pshcyologically mess with u like in the sixth senthes and how that M Night Shamala guy really makes u think durin the movie and then at the end u r totally blown away by how good it is and how far away u were freom guessing the ending that is a true horror type film i think that would be awarded but i would rather wacth a jason or freddy movie ne day over a thinking movie cause lets face it people gore and nudity is fun

slayer
my dad thinks i'm de-sensitised cause i've seen so much violence the day i stop watching horror movies is the day i die!

alic88
they should have only like 1 horror awards so that they can sum all the horror movies up. u know what i mean? like htey did in 2001 for WORLD MUSIC AWARDS, sumthin like that for all times. which movie would get the award for best horror movie of all times
i think the exorsist should win since it did so much in 1970's

slayer
texas chainsaw massacre!

Evil Dead
Perhaps when the Horror channel starts up next year there will be some kind of awards show.................honoring movies/actors from the past. Kind of like the TV land awards shows.

I think it could be easily done.............categories like "most violent" , "most original" , "best kill" , "most thrilling" , "scariest movie", and ofcourse a few categories that fans could vote on via the internet like "Best villain" and "best movie" or "best series"................

sure, it couldn't be done every year but it could be done once then done again a few years later.............

DeNiro
there is a horror channel what channel is it for u evil dead cause i bet i got it and dont know it i got millions of channels and wow u came up with soem good shit bro and they could do a show lie that for a long time cause there hasnt been one before its time wich means they got all those movie to work with

BackFire349
yeah, ive been waiting for a horror channel for years, didnt know there was one on the horizon.

BackFire349
They wouldnt be able to do a 'best horror movie of all time' catagory. there would be too much conflict, there are several movies that would be worthy of that award, it wouldnt be right to single one out and call it better then all the others

Evil Dead
Ah yes...........I must have forgot to post this news.........there is a horror channel coming next year........slated to start on Halloween night '04. Click the link and check out who's on the board of advisors wink

http://www.dark-universe.com/archives/september/newshorrorchannel.htm

BackFire349
that is so awesome.... ive been saying for years that they should make one...that is great news, i hope my cable provider has access to it.

Evil Dead
Sorry for the late data...........I could have sworn I posted this the other day.......must have been on a different board.

BackFire349
no harm done, im just psyched that there is actually a horror channel coming soon. that is such outstanding news.

slayer
yeah thats great

papabeard
There are quite a few horror awards about, for films and writing. Some are more official than others, and do Fangoria not have an annual awards.

http://fast.horrorseek.com/horror/horrorreview/horrorawards.html

Azrael01
Evil Dead are you talking about the horror channel on voom dish network. I think it already came out directv advertises it all the time but they won't let me add it on cable or directv dish

*Kitty*Killar*
mad mad mad mad ~~~~~I KNOW!!!!~~~~~I AGREE WITH YOU TOTTALY!!!!!!~~~~IT'S TOTTALY NO FAIR!!!~~~I WISH THER WAS HORROR MOVIE AWARDS. mad mad mad mad mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.