Alton Towers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mechmoggy
Went to Alton Towers the other weekend and went on that Oblivion thing.

Cacked em' big time. eek!

Gundark
Never heard of it, Mech...please explain.

queeq
What the felgerkarb is Alton Towers? confused

razman
Its a GREAT theme park. Only for people for who like white-knuckle rides. On the last count I've been there about 7 times! smokin'

Gundark
And lived to tell about it, I see. cool

Edna_witch
Hhmmm i despise theme parks! But I have been on oblivion yes and it was one of the most horrible experiences of my life. i promised myself I wouldn't scream but as soon as I looked over that edge I just couldnt stop myself. I deafened my whole row and only stopped screaming when I ran out of air! That, of course was in the days before Drayton Manor sucked the theme park enthusiam out of me.

Ushgarak
I'll remember to bring ear-plugs if it is ever relevant.

Dim
I don't know..I really like amusement parks...

queeq
I like them too, although there is this weird thing about amusement parks but I won't bore Dimmy with that again. laughing out loud

mechmoggy
That's the problem with living too close to a theme park Edna, you get totally bored with them. I went to DM the day they were burying Princess Di and there was about 5 people in the whole place. I rode the shockwave about 5 times, one after another, and I swear I could have slept on it. Front seat on the Nemesis had me screaming like a girl though! eek!

Gundark
True. I live about 45 minutes from HersheyPark and haven't been there in about six years.

queeq
Great timing there, mech. A bit bizarre, but great timing. big grin

Edna_witch
Mech you've been to my theme park? Well now i am surprised! Shame I didn't work there then. I would have only been 14. But you remember where you bought your wristbands? Yes I am one of those bored little people in the blue uniforms!

queeq
You're little? And blue? Are you..... a smurf?

Edna_witch
No but we do have Gophers. The poor sods who have to go around picking up rubbish all day! Such an important job! They don't even get a proper uniform. just wear spares!

queeq
Gophers????? Is that how you started?

finti
Aint smurfs Belgians queeq?. So that would make you neighbour to smurfs big grin

ratcat
Theme Parks? White Knuckle Rides. I'm there!

I haven't been to Alton Towers in a long time. I wanna go to Buschgardens next year, in my obligitory annual trip to Florida.

Probably gonna go to Disneyland Paris in the autumn to check out their take on the Dark Coaster ride that is Rockin Roller Coaster at the new Disney Studios Paris.

Also planning trips to Disneyland in CA and Disneyland Tokyo this year and next respectively, hopefully.

mechmoggy
Been there nuff times Edna, I'm only in B'ham so its 1/2 hour in the car. The most annoying thing about DM is the food is sheee-ite and expensive, but at Alton Towers there's McD's everywhere you turn.

Edna_witch
Yeah well DMP is cheap I'm afraid. The only food outlets they have are ones where they get to keep all the profits! It sucks! But the curly fries are rather yummy though!

Gundark
The food at Hersheypark is quite good. And of course there's chocolate everywhere. cool

BTW, great pick up on smurfs, there, queeq dear. laughing out loud

Edna_witch
Well Papa Smurph currently resides on my bed. He's looking a little tattered now but he has lasteda good 18 years! Not looking too bad if I do say so myself!

Gundark
I've got a Pooh bear.........and a whole bunch of rabbits. But not on the bed. When Tommy goes to bed, all he wants to do is pull the covers back and climb in. Sometimes you just have to compromise.

Edna_witch
Yes the joys of having a double bed all to yourself!

Gundark
That would be nice again.....

Ratcat
Nah, you soon miss the snuggles.

Gundark
But what about the occasional snoring and the fan in the window and I'm freezing and tripping over the fan cord when I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and blah, blah, blah, *****, *****, *****......

Edna_witch
Hey I get snuggles! That's what Marmalade and Papa Smurph are there for! And piece and quiet at night and a whole double bed to roll around in. Bliss! I wouldn't swap it for anything or anyone! Well maybe I would but not right now!

Ushgarak
Oooh, Marmalade gets a mention on the board eh, Edna? I hoped you asked him first.

Edna_witch
Oh Marmalade loves being talked about. He just craves attention! **Says she as they fasten the straight jacket tighter!**

Ushgarak
Maybe he's the real one and you are the cuddly toy, eh?

Edna_witch
Interesting hypothesis. I will have to contemplate that one! **Decides it may be ush who requires the straight jacket!**

Ushgarak
Ok, see if you can take it off and give it to me...

Edna_witch
Hey! I'm not a contortionist you know!

Ushgarak
Oh well. Guess I am sane then.

Edna_witch
Me? A Gopher? I think not! Quite frankly I would rather be a Smurph! Atleast they are cute and cuddly! Well mine is anyway! big grin

Edna_witch
Hmm thats what YOU think!

Ushgarak
Well, I am hardly likely to take the opinion of someone in a jacket like that, am I?

razman
Yes...Alton Towers is a very nice place....and Edna AND Ush are both nuts!

Ushgarak
Damn, he's worked it out.

ratcat
Wall or Hazel?

finti
How far do we have to go papa smurph!!!!

Ushgarak
Oooh... tricky choice...

ratcat
I'm with the squirrels on this one.

Ushgarak
Any thoughts, Edna?

mechmoggy
Got a couple of smurf LP's in the house somewhere from when I was a nipper. I was always concerned about Father Abraham knocking about with the smurfs though. He was a lil' bit old for "beer beer, smurfing beer" dontcha think?

Edna_witch
Well i don't know about you but I've always felt like a bit of a Brazil nut myself!

Gundark
Nice try at restoring Order there, Raz. rolling on floor laughing

ratcat
More like "Out of Order" laughing out loud

razman
Yes...I remember my last visit to Alton Towers...the sun was shining...the birds were singing...and...

ratcat
then it rained?

razman
How'd you guess? It happened exactly when were on the log flume...after the 45 minute queue!

finti
I remeber those albums only the one I remember where translated into Norwegian. A huge success in Norway in 1978, me I listen to Deep Purple.

finti
45 minutes in line? Where is the bar

queeq
As I said, there's this weird thing about amusement parks.

Gundark
The only wierd thing about them in my opinion are the clowns. If there are clowns. evil face

queeq
Actually, it's the entire set up. When you go to an amusement park, on an average day, you spend most of the day in cues. The rides themselves only take a few minutes tops. So all in all, you may only have a 45 minutes of actual fun, and the rest of the day you've been waiting. It's quite masochistic if you think about it.

ratcat
Depends on a number of factors really.
The quality and setip of the queuing area.The quality of the company you're queuing with.Is the theme of the ride something you enjoy.Obviously I will primarily base my experiences on the Florida parks of Disney and Universal. IN both these parks, especially Universal, most of the big queue rides have great themed queue areas with pre-ride videos and loads of interesting stuff like that.

queeq
It's still waiting in a cue.

ratcat
Why, you playing snooker?

queeq
No, pool. And sorry, I meant queue of course.

razman
Last time I went to Alton Towers the only amusement you have in the queues is talking...

queeq
Like being online. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Sounds great to me! I'd just stay in the queues!

Ratcat
I think I covered that with my "quality of company" option.

queeq
Ah yes. Sounds like you have much choice.

ratcat
Well, the trick to to always ensure you travel with impecable company. wink

keokiswahine
are we impeccable enough? confused evil face

ratcat
Dunno, be in Anaheim on 24th August and I'll tell ya!!! big grin

keokiswahine
What's happening on August 24th?

ratcat
I'm gonna have a vacation. wink

Edna_witch
What will I be doing on the 24th of August? Hmm probably spending another day in the Drayton Manor Hell hole!

ratcat
I'll think of you when I get to Disneyland.

Edna_witch
Hmmm! I'm sure you will! *** **** you!

ratcat
Hey! Just call me Mr. Sincerity... wink

queeq
Will you think of me too, RC? wink

ratcat
Nah, but I'm sure I can find away to send you abuse from CA. smile

queeq
Oh good. Why CA and not Florida this time, RC?

keokiswahine
California? they're having power problems. may you not be at the top of some fantasy land ride when the power goes ka-puttt. smokin'

keokiswahine
sorry; double posty. mad

queeq
Better bring your cell phone. laughing out loud

keokiswahine
queeqer, now why would RC need his cell phone in sunny California? for the potential earthquakes? big grin

ratcat
Yeah, must remember that one.

keokiswahine
*rumble, rumble, quake, and tumble* evil face

queeq
Well, if you're stuck in a ride, you can at least call you're late for dinner. laughing out loud

keokiswahine
laughing out loud evil face

ratcat
Hmmmm, Well I have enough blubber to live off of. wink

keokiswahine
laughing out loud laughing out loud smokin'

ratcat
Maybe I'll do Tokyo instead....

keokiswahine
ah, yes, RC, you'll look great in a kimono and those community baths. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
But then the do have Godzilla... sad

keokiswahine
oh, yes, RC, your buddy, Godzilla, awaits your arrival. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
To answer queeqs earlier question, I already went to Florida this year.

keokiswahine
so what's with the west coast, RC. Disney is Disney, isn't it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
Oh no, not by any stretch. Two very different parks.

keokiswahine
What about Disney Paris?

ratcat
Going there in October. wink big grin stick out tongue

Gundark
We'll be in Cape Hatteras on Aug 24th, RC. Get ready. I'm gonna splash you from 3000 miles away !!! laughing out loud

Gundark
North Carolina.

ratcat
I'll wave out the window as we fly over.

Gundark
I'll be that little speck on the beach.

keokiswahine
RC, what about Disney Tokyo? You seem to be hitting all the Disney parks this year.

ratcat
Well that was my plan for next year, but that will probably change now, visit Florida again and go to Busch Gardens instead.

queeq
But..err...not to butt in or anything, RC, but aren't you going to have a two or three months old baby around then?

Gundark
His WIFE is having the baby, silly ! laughing out loud

ratcat
Anytime now infact. And I'm NOT getting into the details of the hows and whys of that situation here.

Anyone is THAT interested, send me a PM.

ratcat
Where's that?

keokiswahine
RC, you'll hafta answer 15 PMs then, just tell us here one time, so there's no speculation or gossipping; straight from you. big grin

ratcat
Yep, I'll do that right after queeq fills out his entire profile with accurate information and posts a picture of him, his wife and his kids..... stick out tongue

Get the idea.

Gundark
I once ate a whole container of cool whip at one time while I watched ESB.

Ratcat
Nice! I bet your hips loved you for that!!!!

Gundark
Well, it was "lite" cool whip. Besides, once you open the container, all the calories fly out, silly.

Ratcat
Really? Excellent!

*Heads downstairs to refrigerator.*

Does that work on cheese too?

Dim
Okay...closing this because I THINK it's off topic..I think.. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.