Has anyone seen Sleepaway Camp?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElmStreetChick
I love this movie! I was wondering if anyone else has seen it.

BackFire349
long ago, yes.

grymlock
yeah, i was sleep away thru it..... cheers mate!! beer

Striel
I liked it. It is supposed to have the most shocking ending of all time in a horror movie, but I don't know if I agree with that...

ElmStreetChick
I don't agree with that either. Shocking, yes. Most shocking, not really.

Fallin Angel
i seen it , it wasn't the most scariest movies but it was pretty good

Darth Vicious
Whats the movie about?

bjn74
Camping,,killing,,bleeding,,,dying,,,screaming with dork hanging out when you were supposed to be a girl..pretty cool in 87,,now,,umm,,lame..... evil face

h0ck3yh0rr0r
rating= 6 or 7 out of 10.

bjn74
More like 3 and a half 4 maybe if ive been drinking. evil face

DeNiro
i saw it it sucked i though it was ok but still kinda sucked

rabbit
http://www.thehotspotonline.com/moviespot/holly/s/sleepaway2.gif

I hope this works

DeNiro
indeed it did

rabbit
is it cool

slayer
is that the one where they tell the scary stories and the guy comes back and all of his friends r dead? if it is thats a cool movie!

grymlock
that was Campfire Tales slayer.... sleepaway camp is something about zzzzz ooppss i sleep away during the movie ... *sigh*
cheers mate!! beer

DeNiro
sleep away camp is about a girl and boy go to camp there is a series of murders the one girl is a distrubed child she needs help kinda very quite gets picked on and such there are a number of murders then u find out at the end the girl is doing the murders but she is actully a guy and she kills like the only guy that was nice to her at the end i forgot i saw the movie many years ago so i cant rember it very good

rabbit
ANGELA ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grymlock
Rock and Roll High Schools!!! cheers mate!! :cheers:

slayer
wtf?

slayer
Sleepaway Cam p is one of my personal favourites. The death scenes r very original.

Cinemaddiction
I just saw the movie this afternoon, and I'm at a loss for words really. It's just an odd movie, and everything that I liked about it was cancelled out by something horrible.

The premise, first of all, was like "Carrie" and "Damien" go to Camp Crystal Lake. A supposed mute, social recluse attends a summer camp with her short tempered cousin.

The score was just horrible. It was upbeat, and then spooky, and then..just plain odd. Marco Beltrami, this composer is not.

The deaths, some of which were actually pretty damn cool, i.e. the boiling vat, the wasp nest, and the hair iron were entertaining. But those of the drowning and the sleeping bag slaughter were just very predictible and typical.

I'll excuse the cheese, i.e. muscle shirts, tube socks, and way too short shorts, since it was 1983.

The ending, I just started laughing because it was so out of nowhere and ridiculous. Alright, well first I exclaimed "What the ****..", then I was even more confused as the format jumped from fullscreen to show the mannequin, complete with a male anatomy to widescreen, with what seemed to be an hour long close up of a snarling "Angela".

It was a shocking ending, but had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the movie. I guess credit is still due, in that department.

Overall..I'd say 2/5, because of an outrageous ending, and some decent deaths.

badsymbiote
I saw this movie only once, and almost 20 years ago. Even though I was only about 10 at the time, I didn't find it scary at all. Good premise, though, and it did have potential, but the secluded cabin by the lake thing can only be done just so many times, right?

papabeard
Although its remarkably similar to friday the 13th, the death scenes are quite original and different for the time, not straightforward stabbings/axeings. But i think a hockey mask is introduced in the sequels.And where exactly did she stick that curling iron?

The end is fu~cking freaky, with the limited special effects actually making it more so,because the motionless face that is overlaid on the body and the grunting, very disturbing, the film is crap but the last scene will stay in your mind for a long time.

MildPossession
Seen all three, still waiting for the fourth one they said they were making, unless they have and I have completely missed it.

evilofthenight
I love these movies.I actually like 2 & 3 better.The ending was shocking in it's time,not so much now.Great movies.80's horror is the best.

BREN
i thought sleepaway camp (or nightmare vacation as the uk video is called ) was a cool little movie saw it way back,and the endings a shocker but wish angela had of killed her ****ed up aunt,lol

MildPossession
It's called Sleepaway Camp in the UK too, the 3 disc set pack is avaliable. Or as seperate dvds, also called Sleepaway Camp.

BREN
when initially released on the cbs/fox video label it was called nightmare vacation i aint seen the dvd release as ive been living in aus the past 2 years i own the original uk release back in the uk imdb may tell ya its british alias smile
just checked imdb it says aka NIGHTMARE VACATION
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086320/trivia

MildPossession
I know it does, I was just saying it's also called Sleepaway Camp.

Darth_Big_Boy
Yeap and I own the box set.

Darth Odious
Weird movie. I had saw half of it when I was really young. I realized that NOW. I had heard of the surprise ending and was baffled. I rented it recently and realized that I haven't seen the whole thing and I'm telling you it's got to be one of the most bizarre endings I've ever seen. Also one of the funniest.

SithSpy
I really wasnt impressed with the movie b/c you could really tell the suprise ending right from the very begining by who pops their head out of the water, the only thing that got me was the look in her face at the end.........quite disturbing actually. I prefer the sequels tho' they have better stories less cheese and way more inventive death scenes i.e., the lawnmower in pt. 2 id give it a 6/10 for originallity

Spiral Goddess
Sleepaway Camp is my favorite horror movie.
I have not seen the sequels yet though.
I regret reading the ending by accident before I got the movie !

papabeard
Dont bother watching past part 2, part 3 is so low budget its unbelievable. Her killing mask is a pair of black and white sunglasses. There is no blood and the kill scenes are some of the weakest Ive seen.

Spiral Goddess
I heard that part 2 was better than part 1.

Impediment
Ehh......Sleepaway Camp was decent, in its own little way. The ending was cool, but the only scene I really like was the overly long close-up scene of the fat kitchen worker screaming in utter agony after being splashed with a big goddamn pot of boiling hot water. It actually made me shudder and cringe the first time I saw it. I watched the sequel, and I want my 90 minutes back. I shant be seeing the other sequels.

Spiral Goddess
The SCamp ending gave my friend nightmares.

Zilverz
Yes ive seen this movie.... please do watch it. it is a treat!

Spiral Goddess
I loved most of the SC dialogue. I also liked the aunt even though she was a bit crazy ! What was the character name again ?
At first my friend thought the aunt was the killer !

slayer
They Started a 4th one but it was never completed and the 5th is coming out soon i think...

Spiral Goddess
Originally posted by slayer
They Started a 4th one but it was never completed and the 5th is coming out soon i think...

Where did you hear of a 5th movie coming out ?

jayy
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/officialsleepaway2/campfront.html

wink

papabeard
They stopped making it because they couldnt afford to pay the actors, but I think they have some money now and will be starting again.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0382943/

*~Puppy eyes~*
Yeah I've seen it!!!!!!! angel *huggles* yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.