Moggy's musical amnesty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
After contributing to RC's music thread I realised that we all just admit to the music we think is cool. But we've all got skeletons in our cupboards (if thats where your cd collection is).

Admit to your past musical purchasing mitakes so we can all mock the afflicted.

I confess to owning both "rabbit" by chas and dave eek! along with the mighty "china in your hands" by T'pau embarrasment. Judge me not by these errors of judgement I was very very young.

ratcat
I fon't mind admitting to buying the following.

Bridge of Spies - T'Pau
Every Michael Jackson album since Off the Wall
Kylie - The First album she released call Kylie

finti
laughing out loud RC keeps on digging laughing out loud I must admitt I bought Wasp Live back in 1989 not a good move...

queeq
My CDs reside under my bed. Does that count? smokin'

Ushgarak
I think Edna should post here...

ratcat
To be honest, I am not ashamed of any of the music I bought now or then. I but what I like at the time, musical tastes change. All of those albums spent some time at the top of the album chart so I definately wasn't alone in buying them.

mechmoggy
Yeah, but we hide the pap at the back of the collection, eh?

finti
my cd`s are side by side in a row of 15 in each compartment. And I dont by crap on CD, the wasp insident was vinyl.

RED DRAGON
I must confess my sins and accept punishment - although it pains me greatly to admit this ............. I have a Michael Bolton cd amongst my collection. Forgive me, I was young!

mechmoggy
In my defence I bought Linkin Parks Hybrid theory yesterday. But how cool does a band have to be to counter-act chas & dave? roll eyes (sarcastic)

RED DRAGON
A band can NEVER be that cool to cancel out chas n dave - what were you thinking? confused

mechmoggy
rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit

ooh hours of fun for all the family. laughing out loud

RED DRAGON
Bet you don't have The Glory of Love by Peter Cetera, now that's CLASS!! smokin'

ratcat
Samantha Fox, can't even remember the name of the album.

finti
HELP Michael Bolton eek! man is he terrible.
And why did you by Sam Fox RC not for her music abilities. " Touch me I wanna feel your body" groose, puke, barfomania.
This will be a day long remembered Sam Fox and Michael Bolton mention in postings the same day.....

Edna_witch
Oh thanks Ush!

Actually I have already admitted to buying the hanson album. What else do we have here? Ah yes!

Take That - on tape
Michael Jackson - Earth song
Barry White
Jimmy Nail

And if I dont say this then Ush will say it for me no doubt. I have to admit to having very impaired judgement for a couple of months at the age of twelve and yes I own Two Spice Girls Singles. There we go I have said it now ridicule all you want. I was twelve! It's not my fault! I blame it totally on peer pressure of course!

ratcat
Barry White? That's not a bad think, the big BW is a Soul GOD!!!!!

Actually Finti, Sam Fox does absolutely NOTHING for me. Never did. Dunno why, but I found her repulsive. Yeah, she was an average looking girl, with big boobs, but not my type.

Not big on the whole topless model thing. Not for any moralistic reasons, just too "in your face" for me. Much prefer a woman with a sexy wardrobe than no wardrobe at all.

Sexy not equaling slutty or kinky BTW.

finti
This is one of my points, they sell music because they have been a page 3 girl or because they are good looking an play on sex.
Madonna does this but she makes good music, the rest are just copycats that sucks musically. Britanny Spears, Jennifer Lopez and so on.

ratcat
I have a BIG problem with teen pop stars, specifically the way there image is built up as sex symbols.

What is basically being done is to sell and image of something that is illegal. Now I know they never actually go over the line, but how old was BS when they made that "Hit me Baby one more time"? 16?

Not sure about the US, but I do know that in the UK 16 is not the age of personal determination for sexual acts, it's 17.

Two words, Jail Bait. I bet all the pediphiles loved it!

finti
The legal age in Norway is 16 and 15 for Sweden and Denmark. BS actually got her breast larger when she was around 18. Kind of horrible due to the fact that a body may develope until the age of 23-24. After this the body wont growand any further. There must be a reason she wanted bigger breast at so young age, and the reason is to sell more records. So sad sad that people fall for this, I always thought the meaning of music is to listen not to look. confused sad

mechmoggy
I wonder if chas & dave were sex symbols in their day? Carol Decker though eh? meow! laughing out loud

RED DRAGON
Maybe Sam Fox and Michael Bolton could get together for a duet? Any suggestions for titles? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

finti
Re mix of "Can I touch you there" laughing out loud

ratcat
*Runs away screaming*

Ushgarak
I thought you were going to throw away your Spice Girls singles, Edna?

Texas
I have never made an embarassing musical purchase, fore I only purchase CD's from such musical geniuses as The Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Garbage and Marilyn Manson smokin'

mechmoggy
Re the Fox-Bolton project, how about "can I touch your hair".

And the band could be called "Mammary's and mullets" eek!

RED DRAGON
How about 'It's the End of the World As We Know It' eek! eek!

finti
Marilyn Manson is embarassing in my mind.
and the Botlton- Fox is "can I touch your hair if you had any Michael"

Texas
Oh come now, you know deep down inside you love Marilyn! big grin

finti
Marilyn is well not my taste looks like Goofy sounds like him to. He always tries to chock people, but I think he fails because he ends up as a clown.

Texas
chock people?, I've never heard anything like that, he does stick lollypops up his butt and throw them at people, and he does pee on the audience at his concerts, but that's why I never go! I like his songs though.

Edna_witch
Hey Red dragon dont even think about dissing REM!

Ushgarak
You heard the lady...

Texas
I love REM, .....what's the frequency kennith.......... smile

Ushgarak
Is your benzedrine, uh-huh...

Texas
If you could choose a musical piece to play at your funeral what would you choose?, Mine would have to be Michael Jacksons Thriller, I could just picture myself waking up from the dead and busting some moves! big grin

Ushgarak
That's not very nice, is it? People go to all the trouble of giving you a funeral and you just go and get back out the grave... some people...

RED DRAGON
Wow, you go away for a few days and suddenly everyone thinks you're dissing REM confused As if big grin For the record I think they're great!

phinney6
REM is the best......Are we all shiny happy people

Ushgarak
Yup, we're holding hands and everything...

phinney6
Hold me hand EDNA

Ushgarak
(Opens mouth)

(Remembers Edna's warnng)

Yeah, go on, Edna. It'll be cute...

phinney6
hold my hand everybody

Ushgarak
That;s an offer Raz won;t accept...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.