New Limp Bizket

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carnage713
who has heard there new cd results may vary? i just went out and bought it. it sounds way differant than there other cds. there not as heavy. i dont kno but it may take a while to get used to. does n e 1 else agree.

wicker_man
Im just glad they returned (what with Wes leaving and all),i agree this album is much more melodic then there first three albums, my personal favourite album of theres is Significant Other so heavy compared to the others.

carnage713
ya they definatly toned down im glad there bak but its not the same w/out wes

BackFire349
they're all crap.

wicker_man
Your opnion but i happen to like them as do i like Orgy,Evanescence and any rock band from Black Sabbath to Blink 182.

jack the box
agreed.

carnage713
well than dont talk about that here this is for ppl who like them

wicker_man
Agreed this thread is asking what every1s favourite LB album is not whether or not we like them although i respect your opnions.

mah
You can't blame backfire for saying what we all think thoughbig grin

wicker_man
We dont all think that.

jack the box
then you're a close-minded brat. if you don't like the post, skip down to the next one.

wicker_man
I know there are alot of non Limp Bizkit fans out there and i am aware of that but this thread is about there albums not about there popularity.

Evil Dead
I don't like Limp Bizkit...........but I can stomach their first album "3 dollar bill ya'll"..........that's about it.

Fred Durst is extremely smart. He used a connection with Korn to break into the industry............once there he did the smartest thing a rock band can do, attain a mostly female audience. 3 Dollar Bill was raw and agressive........mostly males liked this album but it's sales weren't spectacular. When they went back into the studio to record again, they toned it down to appeal to females...which is incredibly smart. Think of all the super rock groups of the past 20 years. Most had a mostly female audience.....Poison, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Def Lepard, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, etc. Smart man.........they actually touched on this a bit in the VH1 "Driven" about Fred Durst.

wicker_man
U sure no your music m8

Evil Dead
I lead a boring life............all I do is listen to music, watch tv and movies, and bang my wife....................this leaves me with a knowledge on the subjects but also leaves me extremely oppinionated about them as I get to see basicall "all" of what's out there in the particular area be in music or film and can compare and contrast.

wicker_man
M8 u seem a very knowlegable person so i dont think your bornig all i know much about is computers and ghosts

Evil Dead
I truly do lead a boring life..........well it would appear and does appear to most others. I have an excellent memory. It's damn near photographic, it takes 5 seconds to commit something to memory and once it's there.....it's there for life. I can still recite the lyrics to theme songs of cartoons I watched as a child. This combined with my slightly higher than average I.Q. has made me rather bored by other people my entire life. I've seriously got one really close friend.......and all we do is get together to play Playstation 2 and watch football. Other than he and my my wife.......most other people bore me or annoy me with their lack of intelligence. So I mostly keep to myself. This leaves plenty of time for listening to music and watching movies. This also leaves plenty of times to for one of my other entertaining hobbies....the paranormal. It is one of my favorite subjects because it challenges my mind and forces me to weigh all the evidence for any given claim and predict the validity...when in fact I cannot know for sure the validity because nothing is proven either way...only speculated. I'm with you on the Ghost subject....I've examined the subject thoroughly.

P.S. please don't think me an egotistical ass (even though my title pretty much proclaims myself to be)...........when I say that people annoy me with lack of intelligence, I'm really speaking of how most people will ramble stuff off of the top of their head that they have heard somewhere and present it as fact without any study or research on their own behalf.

wicker_man
Who do u support in football

Evil Dead
Louisville Cardinals............................

and we have a damn good team this year wink

wicker_man
Ah im British so Arsenal FC here my team r sort of in a bit of trouble over an incident with our bitter rivals.

BABOON
the only way limp bizkit could ever stop sucking is...well...i dont know...i guess they always have and always will suck... the death of fred durst would be a step in the right direction though smokin'

BackFire349
the problem with limp bizkit is that they are continuously getting worse, significant other wasnt bad, it had some catchy songs, but they got on my nerves very quickly. I actually used to own that album, but it developed such a hatred for it that i sold it for 4 dollars at a garage sale because the songs just became so annoying i never wanted to listen to it. 3 doller bill met a similar fate, somewhat enjoyable at first...but grew annoying over time.

carnage713
dude eho gives u the right to label some one that? why dont u skip down to the next post cuz no one cares for your negative opinions.

carnage713
baboon dont say the death of fred durst wud b a step in the right direction. come on man dont wish death on n e 1

BABOON
ok.....fred durst going into a 50 year coma would be a step in the right direction smokin'

BackFire349
laughing out loud

obviously anyones death is a tragedy...but i think the death of limp bizkit would be most apreciated.

Evil Dead
I wish death upon nobody.............I however think it would be a great service to humanity if say Fred Durst's wind pipe were to be ripped out by wild dogs......but not killing him, that would be just wrong.

LindsIsTightK
I like their new stuff. They have really good lyrics and that is the bigger reason I listen to them

BackFire349
their lyrical credibility is highly suspect.

LindsIsTightK
What the hell is that suppossed to mean?

BABOON
LOL laughing out loud laughing out loud smokin'

Evil Dead
yes.........such great lyrics.....

"I did it all for the nookie......the nookie.......the nookie.......so you can take that cookie......"

"It's all about the he said she said bullshit.......I think you'd better quit..talkin that shit....or you'll be leavin' with a fat lip"

With such profound lyrical messages as that.........I'm suprised Fred doesn't have a best selling book of poetry available to purchase.

BABOON
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

BackFire349
its a nice way of saying their lyrics are crap.

BackFire349
and laughing out loud evil dead, well done.

LindsIsTightK
-yawns- If you were paying attention, this thread was about their new stuff, meaning I like the lyrics of their new stuff roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire349
hmmm...from what ive heard of their new stuff, its equally worthy of flushing down the toilet as their old stuff.

BABOON
"I'd EAT YOU ALIVE!!!! I'd eat you alive.....
I'd EAT YOU ALIVE!!!! I'd eat you alive......

I'm sorry. So sorry (damn, you're so hot!!)
Your beauty is so vague (damn you're so hot!!)
Its drives me, yes it drives me (damn you're so hot!!)
Absolutely insane..... "

theres a mere sample of the lyrical genius that is limp bizkit's new album.... deep deep stuff....looks like LindsIsTightK was right on this one...good call smokin'

BackFire349
yeah sounds like the normal limp shitzkit

Killer
wow... so much went into writting that... it just BLOWS me away

*flushes toilet*

LindsIsTightK

BackFire349
its a shame about that last line, i wish he was a quitter, so he wouldnt have made that god awful band of his. and those lyrics sound pretty lousy and generic if you ask me

carnage713
love him or hate him that dude can write SOME deep lyrics that make sense. he is more well known and richer so far in his life then u or most ppl will ever be. he made some great songs that r deep and meaning full on this cd. i honestly like it if im the only 1 so be it. he aint a quiter LIVE W/ IT. he'll b around 4 many years to come. he writes his own shit. why dont some of u guys name some of ur favorite bands and i bet most of them dont write there own stuff. and now one shud wish death or physical pain on n e 1. thats fuked up u guys dont even kno him. i asked which cd evry 1 like and wut u thought of this one. if u dont like it than theres no point of even talkin about it

BackFire349
his lyrics arent deep at all. they are typical angry lyrics for angry teens who dont quite know why they are angry. they just know they are and that its the in thing to do right now. again, his lyrics are NOT deep in any way, shape or form.

wicker_man
I dont quite know where he got the lyrics for there 1st,3rd or 4th albums but the 2nd album is to do with his wifes betryal and his time in jail because of it.

carnage713
back fire have u takin the time to thoroughly listen to this album. i dont think u have. i dont think u bought it either. if u were to sit down and actually listen to it u wud no wut i mean. dude that angry teens stuff is bull shit adults listen to limp bizket probly just as much if not more than teens. im 15 am i depressed. no. am i angry at the world. no. dont just go asume that kinda stuff about ppl. i dont think u go up to teenagers and say "hey are u angry at the world,do u listen to limp bizket" if u do than i stand corected. he got the lyrics for this album from his new born son and how every one hates him. if u listen for the album you'll feel for the guy. if u dont like him thats fine dont listen to him but dont go rantin and ravin fred durst sucks i wish he wud die or stop singing if u dont like him then move on w/ your life. hes only human

LindsIsTightK
Carnage you are not the only Limp fan. I personally never liked Limp Bizkit up until their new abum came out. Now I am a big fan, and I am very happy I decided to buy this cd

wicker_man
I like them also been a fan for quite a while.

BackFire349
First, you're right, i have not listened to the entire new album, ive heard a few songs on teh radio and on tv, and from what i heard it sounded the same as their older work which i dont care for. I really doubt that their sound has changed so drastically that i will go from disliking them to liking them. From what ive heard of the album, this is true, i still dont like them.

Second, have you heard the song 'break stuff'? now if thats not a song promoting mindless teenage anger and violence then i dont know what is. It's just one of the many anger promoting songs for kids to "lash out" too. There have been many limp songs that ive been told are very deep and forboding, and that if had i heard them, i would have a new respect for durst, i have listened to many of these songs and have not been impressed, and i doubt that this album will be any exception.

Third, dont tell me not to say fred durst sucks, this is a thread about limp bizkit, yes the original premise of the thread was about their new music, but you can't help but use their old music as some kind of method for judgement for their new music, so talking about their older music in this thread is completely relevant.

Also, i never said i wanted fred durst to die, i did say i wish he would stop making music because i find it to be extremely annoying and redundant. I am not the only one who feels that way, hell, even their old guitarrist had similar feelings, which is why he left the band a while back. Also he probably realized he was the only one in the band with a noticable amount of talent and new he would fit in better elsewhere.

Bagtatta
Limp Bizket sucks. Their first CD sucked. Significant Other was good. Follow-Up CD's = Suck.

- I normally wouldn't post in a music thread like this trash-talking the band, but I hate Limp. with a passion. Fred Durst is a idiot.

Evil Dead
DJ Lethal doesn't suck.............House of Pain owned............now that was original music................

carnage713
this thread is on the new cd. if ppl hate him then that pushs him more i doubt hes goin away n e time soon. limp bizket im sure has more fans then haters of coarse not on this board but limp apeals to all kinds of ppl,guys ,girls,teens,aduldts they do have a pretty good gathering. i know for the ppl who have taken the time to hera this cd out they can say damn this group has changed.

a lot of this did w/ wes leaving, he was the one who brought the hardcore look to the band. wes and fred were best of friends. i got a dvd w/ my new limp cd and contains a good 30 mins of fred and wes just hangin out they were all like brothers. wes let fame get to his head and even said that his style didnt fit limp bizkets style n e more. so he left and last i heard started a heavy metal/skaa band and they aernt doin much. limps new guitarist is very good maybe not as good as wes but very good. if u were seriously to take this time and here this cd out u mite change ur opinion. if u go to mtv.com and go tho the leak section u can hear the whole cd. some good deep songs are build a bridge and behind blue eyes just take the time they are 2 good songs and if u dont like them o well limp bizket just aint for u. this whole cd was put together in 2 weeks. after 1 year of work on it the had to rebuild it in to weeks or so.

Evil Dead
wrong Carnage...............Wes and Fred were not best of friends. Do some research on the subject. I don't even like the band and I know this. Fame had nothing to do with Wes leaving. Wes had already quit the band once before .....after finishing their demo but before signing to their record label and recording 3 dollar bill. Fred Durst had to beg Wes to rejoin the band so they could get their record contract. Why did he quit? They weren't famous........he was just tired of Fred thinking he was the group and trying to run everything. Have you ever even read an interview about the subject or watched a documentary? The same problem arose again. Wes had to quit the band for a second time because he could no longer stand Fred acting like he was their ruler. Wes and Fred never had the friendliest relationship.........it was a relationship of tolerance for financial gain. Wes tolerated Fred so they could perform together and make money......once he no longer needed the money that badly, it just wasn't worth it to him anymore to put up with Fred.......so he bailed.

BackFire349
That is exactly what happened, well stated evil dead.

carnage713
theres always 2 sides to a story u guys belive wut u guys wanna believe. as far as fred and wes "tolerating each other" is bull shit. im sure they had some shaky points in there friendship just as every friendship does. this doesnt mean they tolerate each other. fred has talked about this on his mtv show album launch and on there dvd. if u watch it u wud take ur words back they hung out week for nearly 8 yrs and it shows how well they got along. so do ur research. do u have any articles to back up what u wrote? ive got footage to back mine up. i created this thread to talk to limp FANS and there opinions on the new album. ur not one so dont post cuz i and other fans could a shit if u post ur negative opinions hear agian. go to some star wars or harry potter board and talk to ur other friends there

BackFire349
there are many articles to back up what evil dead stated. wes could barely stand to be around fred. i think fred is just lying to put a good face on the situation.

carnage713
i fully back fred ive been a fan for many years. i believe the fact that fred and wes's friendship may have gone sour but evil dead cant say that they were never friends cuz he just doesnt no the situation and im sure is goin on wut other ppl said. they were infact very good friends. if u guys dont like him and i know this and im fine w/ it not evry can like his MUSIC or BAND but u ppl dont know fred durest. the band is doing just fine w/ out him.

wicker_man
I know its going a bit of the current discussion but i personally think Mike Smith is doing a good job taken on Wes's role.

carnage713
hes worked w/ them b 4 i liked him then and like him now

wicker_man
I never heard of him much b4 him joining LB except for his time in 'Snot'.

carnage713
he went on tour w/ them a few years back

Evil Dead
ok Carnage...........since they were buddies............explain to me why Wes quit the band back after they recorded their demo but before they got signed to their label and put out "3 dollar bill ya'll"............I've got to hear this. Fred had to beg him to come back to the group so they could be signed because they sucked without him (the band stated this, not me).

Actually........if you check your local tv listings, VH1 has been playing a "Driven" documentary on Fred Durst and Limp Bizkit here lately..........they don't interview Fred or Wes either one........they interview the other members of the band. The other members state exactly what I stated earlier and I'm sure they know what they are talking about since they were on the road with them 24/7. Fred didn't even know Wes before he joined the band. Fred was away in California when Wes joined the band. He heard Wes play over the phone and told the guys to keep him. He didn't meet Wes untill 2 weeks later.........and they played a show together their very first night ever meeting.........you're full of crap with your "Fred and Wes were friends".......they didn't even know each other untill litterally the day of their very first show.

As I said..........check your local tv listings for VH1 "Driven" about Fred Durst. I doubt the band members were lying.....and they are actually interviewed on camera, it's not second or third hand.

must_kill_Santa
i love all their cds spec the last 2

carnage713
i dont recal ever saying that they were friends prior to the band being formed. evry 1 who knows who limp is they no that he heard wes play over the phone and then joined the band. it took a while for limp to get sighned and fred and wes had a lot of argue ments over leader ship roles. than wes left the band. fred had asked him along w/ all other band members to come back. i actually did watch driven on fred last night and i remember sam rivers and jon otto saying that wes was wierd and didnt have the same intrests as evry one else did. wes dreesses kind like a freak and is wierd. he joined the band after limps tour bus crashed and wes came bak into the band. on the show they said that after the incident them two became much closer. wen i said they were friends they were indeed good friends sround the time limp dropped there second album. if u dont believe me watch there dvd u will see for yourself. if wen i said they were friends u thought that i infered to them being friends prior to limp being formed than we have a big misunderstandment. i dont want to argue about this topic n e more

carnage713
who saw there album launch show? i thought it was pretty kewl

worldindustries
none.

incuhead1024
Fred took some ****en women pills to make his voice higher.. what the hell? His old sh-- is ****en awesome, why'd he have to change.

saucybird007
What you you guys think of the new song "Behind Blue Eyes"???
and the video? Halle Berry is in it! Lucky cow!!!

in flames
fred is the lucky f*ck to ****ing suck halle's lips

saucybird007
Do ppl like their new song?

Everytime i hear it i like it more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.