You know you're obsessed when...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

muse5
These are really funny to do... let's see if we can come up with a good one...

you know you are obsessed with lord of the rings you have a nickname relating to the movies and you respond to it

Exa

Orli'sElf7
u know you are obsessed with lord of the rings when
- you parade aroung the house in a brown cloak going "you cant see me you cant see me"
- you refer to your parents as ents
- you go up to random people on the street, grasp their hand and say (with tears in your eyes) "we SHALL see the shire again."

Exa
- your teacher wants to get your homework and you cry "If you want in, come and claim it!!!"

- you cast your mum's golden ring into the fire to look if it's the One

- you accuse Saruman for every thunderstorm

Orli'sElf7
-try to stand on top of the empire state building and conjur up a massive storm
-you see an old man on the street that resembles gandalf and u lash onto his ankle with a whip of fire

Exa
- your kitchen knife glows a bit and you try to lock your kitchen door with some forks (there is no spoon :P )

- you try to breed urukhai in your caves

- you break your neck trying to sleep on a tree

- you call your friends "master" and pretend youre their gardener

Orli'sElf7
-u try to overflow your bathroom inorder to reenact the last march of the ents (lucky you)
-crouch on all fours and eat raw fish
-robe your dog in all black garb with pasted on wings and attempt to fly on him in a black cloak
-use your brother as a basis for breeding uruk-hai

Exa
lol my poor brother

- you attack people dressed in black and cry "back, you devils!!!"

- you try to kill every spider you see with a needle

- your cars door is frozen in winter and you try to open it shouting "edro! edro!!"

Orli'sElf7
-you attempt to somehow put a light bulb (turned on) in a glass vial and waving it around at people saying BEHOLD!!!! EARENDIL!!!
-you roll yourself in mud, jump in a pile of branches and leaves, put on stilts and step on anything ur little wannabe ent ass wants too big grin
-you stand on the washington monument in pure white garb with long white hair yelling "TO WAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR"
-you use miracle gro in hopes of sprouting hair on your feet
-you get facial surgery to mold your ears so they're pointy

muse5
-everytime you walk by a large tree you think... that one looks entish
-you can't go one day without eating second breakfast and elevensies

muse5
you know you're obsessed when:
-everytime your mom makes fish for dinner you start singing gollum's fish song
-you have the fish song memorized
-you're in the mall and are two stores away and hear lotr music, you ditch your friends and go stand infront of the tv and watch it

Camellia
When...

*You've actually got your PARENTS calling you Goldilocks! (Yes, my dad really does and it makes me feel so....well...happy!)
*Your email address, sign-in names etc. are ALL related to Tolkien in some way or another!

billyboyd4ever
o god im obessed....heheh

Arwenishott
lol............same herrrrre

Aragorn#1
he he, this is some great stuff!!! laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing Hey some of these things sound like something i would/have done. At the mall i saw ttt picture books and i ran over to them got comfortable and started reading, i didnt find my friends? they went home.

matrix_mette
-when you're about to drive down to your local video shop (bare foot), with curly scribbles resembling hobbit hair all over your feet

-having every inch of your bedroom walls covered with lotr posters

-going to see it 13 tiomes in the cinema...and then downloading it a few weeks after its left the cinema stick out tongue !

Exa
seems like im obsessed :P but i didnt see it 13 times... just 6 *sniffe*

Phoenix
oh god, i did one of these things on fanfiction.net aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago!!! I'll try and find it and post it, it was about four pages long!!

Aragorn#1
Ya my walls are all most all coverd with lotr stuff.
-When you and your friend get on your horses and get sticks, 1 lance and 1 sword each and chase each other around the pastures and down the road in ur PJs n bare foot, and throw the sticks at each other
-When you go to the river(on horses) and you get on 1 side ur friend on the other and take turns being Arwen , holding a plastic bag with leafs in it, yelling across the river "if you want him, come and claim him." n runing down the river screaming.

silversaber
I'm obbessed.................and proud of it. That tree in my back yard does look Entish.........

silversaber
You know your obbessed when you;
-litteally attack complete strangers in the street becaus ethey insulted JRR Tolkien.
-When you go completely beserk because you find JRR Tolkien's autograph in your dad's copy of the Lord of the Ring and find out it is real from the hand of the geanious before he died *sniff*

I have done both.

Aragorn#1
laughing out loud , ya im proud of it to, the lord of the rings is awesome!! rock and if any one has a problem with it just tell them to F#$% OFF!!! (it works)

OrliNElijahsGrl
You know your obsessed when

-You start speaking elvish to everyone and they have no idea what your saying (I DO THAT!!)
-You get a clothes hanger and a stick and act like its a bow and arrow (my guy friend did that)
-you get down on all fours in the middle of the mall and start saying "their thieves, their thieves, their nasty little thieves.." and you pratically say that whole part (i havent done that)
-you know EVERY line of the fellowship and the two towers (I DO I DO!)

lmao thats all i can think of right now

fini
you know ur obsessed when

- You know the LOTR script by heart ( oh dear thats one)
- You look at people and know which lotr chracter they would be best as( thats 2)
- you make thick pancakes and call them lembas
- you put the ring inscription on ur arm ( with henna....i cant afford tattoo)
- you call your favourite object ,'ur precious'

ROTK the king opening on christmas day here and i am actually saying to my self "merry christmas Nir"

damn we are obssesed ....ah well there are worse things to be

rolos
when you're dieing to know if the movie marathon thing is true and if its coming to your area. I read that PJ said that on the night before ROTK debuts, in select theaters across the us, theyre going to show the first 2 back to back then premier ROTK at midnight. Thats like 10 hrs of LOTR!!!!!

Exa
I DO I DO smile smile

-When you go completely beserk because you find JRR Tolkien's autograph in your dad's copy of the Lord of the Ring and find out it is real from the hand of the geanious before he died *sniff*
ogod i also want i also want *goinmad*

Corlindel
You know ur obssessed when

- You pray for the bless of the Valar when you began your last law graduation oral test and shout your thankfulness to Manwe for pass that exam.
- You called your son "my small little Hobbit" when you saw him for the first time after he was born
- You fall in love when a girl remembers you an elf female - Luthien Thinuviel is on my heart.
- You try to impress a girl speaking the few words taht I know inf Sindarin - I did it with the mother of my son, and she didn't ran way.
- You call the awful oldwoman, who is my neighbour of the second flor, "Shelob"

muse5
you know you're obsessed when
-everyone in your school knows better than to insult lotr infront of you
-you've watched the commentary on the extended edition of the fotr
-you know what tig is and have probably played it with a friend... i have

Aragorn#1
-when you call your animals a name that has something to do with lotr
-you speek elvish to your animals
-you spend half of your pay check on lotr stuff

billyboyd4ever
hey i called my dog pippin...he chocked on a chicken bone.... sad

aniron
you know when you're obssesed when you are me!!! lol

Aragorn#1
wuu huu! power to the people who are obsessed with LORD OF THE RINGS!!!! GO US , sorry got a bit carried away... Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud love rock bunny

Exa
I called my cat myril :P (sindarin "cat" - very creative) and I usually speak to him with silly elvish sentences :P

And I spend far more than half of my money for LoTR stuff :P

- You sing "the road goes ever on and on" while walking

- You stick hairs onto your feet

i_am_not_sad
HEY NERDS!!! I HAVE A GOOD ONE!!! YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'RE OBSESSED WHEN YOU GET ON THIS FORUM AND RECITE EVERY PART OF LORD OF THE RINGS THAT YOU CAN REMEMBER!! YES, YOU ARE ALL OBSESSED AND WHEN YOU GET ON THE FORUM YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE ALSO A LOSER (excluding me).. Thankyou and goodnight.

Dark_Queen
LOL-i guess ur right.by being on this forum makes us obsessive over LOTR

billyboyd4ever
why excluding you? for you too, were on this forum

hehe i think we've got an obsessor in denial!!!

you kno youre obsessed when you play NORI in a local production, and you already kno every line the dwarf says...(heh thats me!)

Arn
YOU KNOW YOUR OBSESSED WHEN YOU SPEND 5 HOURS ONLINE LOOKING FOR AN "I SURVIVED HELMS DEEP" SHIRT(SEE DISC 2 OF TT, "ON THE SET:LOTR SPECIAL" IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT,LIVE IN A QUIET CAVE MAYBE?) ANYWAY SO ME AND A FRIEND HAD THEM MADE! CHECK US OUT ON EBAY...

Exa
wer'???

- u spend hours over hours looking for the meaning of the name of that damn elf that maybe has been seen somewhere in the battel of Helms Deep

muse5
i agree!!!! why did that person bother coming to the forum if they think that it's for losers...

aniron
YEAH Go billyboyd4ever

billyboyd4ever
hehehe that was a fun role to play tho...hehe i sounded all ruff and tough!!!

muse5
go you, if you hadn't said it i would have... honestly it goes into a lotr obsessed forum and insults all of us... it's barking up the wrong tree

aniron
barking up the wrong ent lol

muse5
lol, that was good, i wish i had an ent that would live in my backyard...
-you know you're obsessed when you want an ent to live in your backyard

Obsession
You knw you obsessed when
-for april fool day you tell your friends there's an army of 10,000 coming to kill you (where I'm from ppl will beleave things like that. and I did it. lol everyone was peod!)

billyboyd4ever
hahahah thats cool...
-you kno you're obsessed when you wont part w/a beard you got because you assuming one day you can join a dwarven army... whistle

muse5
You know you're obsessed when instead of carrying pepperspray with you, you carry a glass bottle filled with water and chase muggers with it

billyboyd4ever
hahah
you kno youre obsessed when youre friend asks for a flashlight, and you get them one, and while handing it to them you say, "may it be a light for you in dark places, when all others have gone out..."

drunk_nazgul
You know you are helplessly obsessed when your friend has a baby and your only reaction is, "Hmmm... he really does have Gandalf's nose."

And you refuse to eat melon because mellon means "friend."

I have done most of what you guys have already described. And I could've sworn I saw Saruman on that church steeple...

billyboyd4ever
you kno youre obsessed when the only thing saving you from insanity on your family vacation was repetitivley listening to the lotr:ttt soundtrack

muse5
aaah.... i was away on an insane family vacation a few weeks ago, that's all i listened to on the way to the place, then TTT was on pay per view at the hotel, so i watched that the whole time...
you know you're obsessed when
-you can relate anything and everything to lotr

Aragorn#1
That sounds like me!!

drunk_nazgul
Sounds exactly like me... This is scaring me... No, wait...

I like being too Elfish for my own good...

muse5
you know you are obsessed when you spend your WHOLE pay check on lotr stuff
you know you are obsessed when you have a year long count down going on for rotk

Aragorn#1
wow me too! i think all us peoples are just a little winne bit obsessed, jk were extrema obsessed!!! yay go us!!!

BLAH BLAH BLAH
you knwo your obessed when hehehe these made me laugh

You stare at the birdbath, trying to see 'things that are, things that were, and things that have not yet come to pass

You expect your garage door to open when you walk up to it and say, "Mellon!"

When the radio guy announces that smog is moving in from the east, you exclaim "Smaug? Nonsense! There hasn't been a dragon in these parts for a thousand years!"

You refresh the Official Site <http://www.lordoftherings.net/> over and over again so you can hear all the different greetings.

Whenever your parents leave the house, cry, "You need someone of intelligence on this sort of . . . mission . . . quest . . . thing!" Then jump in the car. About half way there, ask, "Where we goin'?"

Next time you are late for something, and someone yells at you, say, "I am never late. Nor am I early. I arrive precisely when I mean to

Next time you get in trouble with your parents, haughtily reply to them, "Gondor has no parents. Gondor needs no parents."

Exa
lol my calendar tells "day nr. -70" for today...

sith_darth_jay
you know you're obsessed when...
you post on thread about how obsessed you are with LOTR

Aragorn#1
yup yup yup, god guys this is some funny stuff!!

Tricksy Hobbit
You know you're inevitably going to be obsessed when.....

you're born into a family with siamese cats called Bilbo and Frodo!

I didn't stand a chance.

nazgulinthedark
you know your obsessed when...
-You carry pictures of your favorite actor/character from LotR in your bookbag.
-You've used some of the pictures of your favorite actor/character from LotR to make a collage.
-You've hung up your collage on your bedroom wall
You collect LotR action figures...
-You've created a shrine for your favorite actor/character from LotR in your closet.
-You've created a religion dedicated to your favorite actor/character from LotR.
-You've converted most of your friends into your new religion.
-You're thinking of converting your classmates.
-You refer to yourself as "we".
-You talk about yourself in the third person.
-You add an extra "s" to everything you say.

billyboyd4ever
hahahahah i had a dog named pippin and the freaky thing was he acted exactly like pippin the hobbit!! it was cool!!

ilvorlandobloom
hehe, my friend raises rabbits and she names them names from LotR!

u know your obsessed when...
-you get sad when u see someone cutting down a tree and say "some of these trees where my friends"
-your at the zoo and u call the elephants oliphaunts
-u have memorized the whole ROTK trailer
-u buy the lifesize Legolas standup

billyboyd4ever
ive done all except #4...me mum wouldnt let me...

frootlooplucy
you know you're obsessed when the first thing you notice about the word 'roelfvos' is that it has 'elf' in it.
and when you invent a whole farm full of animals youre mum wont let you have, and name them all after lotr characters.

nazgulinthedark
laughing out loud

Aragorn#1
- you watch the rotk trailer every night before you go to bed, if you dont you cant sleep (me)
- when you memorize each favorite quot and then type it and put it on your wall (me)
- you remodeled your room to make it look like Arwens room in ttt (me) wink

billyboyd4ever
that would be soo cool...hehe id wanna make my room look like a hobbit hole... smile
you kno youre obsessed when whenever you hear anyone say anything, you can somehow connect it to lotr (i think im going insane--this happens all the time)

Exa
@billyboyd4ever - ur right thats really crazy... whenever anyone says anything, my mind tries to connect it with some quote from book or film... and whenever I start to say something myself, I think about how I could express that with movie-quotes.

Hm yes I did so... my walls were covered with quotes, but I had to put them down stick out tongue
Now I write them on my books for school - you should see my Latin book big grin

Oh I'd love to have something like that... sad
Her candlething next to the bed is amazing *wanna have*

iLoVeDoDgEr128
lol i saw TTT 7 times....one more and it woulda been 24 hours....blast....
You know you're obsessed when...
-All the inside jokes with you and yours truly are centered around LOTR
-You stand in front of your door trying to figure out the password and then ask your friend for help.
-You go around looking for hobbit-holes
-You get costumes to match the ones in LOTR and wear them as your everyday outfit.
-You write LOTRules on the back of the dumpster at your school/work (what are you talking about...i didn't do that!!!)
-You fight with one of your friends/kin over a fake "one ring"
-You lose in the fight over the "one ring" and follow the person everywhere talking in third person.
-You learn elvish just so you can remember how to open your door next time instead of trying to find your friend.

sadly these are things my friends and i have done.....

muse5
I HAVE THE STANDUP LEGOLAS CUT OUT TOOOOOOO!!!!! lol, worry billyboyd4ever, i can relate ANYTHING to lotr too

billyboyd4ever
whew...you guys make me feel good knowing im not alone out there... smile

KidRock
-When your walking down the hallway in school you stop turn around throw all your books down and shout YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!

billyboyd4ever
OMG IVE DONE THAT!!!! hahahah it was soooo fun!!
-you kno you're obsessed when you buy a bookmark w/the "one ring" on it + after the ring falls off its chain you are convinced it is the true "one ring" trying to get back to its master!!! (hey its true!!!)

Hypernova
What a bully laughing out loud

billyboyd4ever
not...its not bullyish...its just obsessed blink

iLoVeDoDgEr128
ooooooooo go me go me!!! my friend is giving me her stand up frodo and a poster of him!! w00t!! and my mommy said she'd buy me the one ring for christmas!!! YAY!!! oh, and if anyone lives in San Antonio texas, all three movies are playing at huebner oaks (i think) on November 16 each one right after the other starting at 2:00 PM.....that's like....9 hours of straight lotr!!! woohooooooooo!!!!!!

iLoVeDoDgEr128
gah....so obsessed i am......i just looked through all the posts and basically 95% of them i have done.......aw man.....just wait til ROTK comes out......heh heh heh.......man that's gonna be craaaaaaaazy....my whole school is obsessed with LOTR....even my teachers......my latin teacher has this HUGE poster of FOTR and no i do not pet frodo's picture daily.....*shifty eyeses*....what....*notices she's sweating*....errrmmm.....you know nothing of this!!!......anyways....yes....my friends and i really did spray paint LOTRules and Frodo Lives on the back of our school dumpster.....unfortunately that dumpster is now gone......oh well....oh yeah.....you know you're obsessed with LOTR when you know what your name is in elvish, hobbit...ish, and orkish and you answer only to them........(btw mines Bragonariel, Celandine, and i forgot the orkish one).....lol

Lord_Andres
I like to say to the teacher when I late, he goes like this.

teacher> why are you late? well speak out

me> A Jacobsen (thats my last name) is nerver late nor is he early he arrives presisly when he means too!. love too say thatsmile

and block the way for somebody and say, You shall not pass!!!smile

muse5
someone told me that i was late and i did the exact same thing, only i said a wizard is never late...

Exa
lbig grinl
thats a really practical quote

Hehe I also did so big grin big grin Now I've got two Ones ... big grin

---when you know more about the history and famous persons of middle-earth than about the "real" ones we have here (whatever "here" is...)

billyboyd4ever
haha me too!!!!! the silmarillion is my fave book!!! i swear if there was a middle-earth history class i could teach it!!!

Miss Sparrow
suilad all,
Your obsessed when you:

-Can speak elvish, sindarin AND quenya

-Write Tengwar

-say ugly people are orcs

-Translate your name to elvish

-start to talk to tree, with the thinking of it be an ent

-call the wood-lands around your home elvenforest and bring then offers

-pray to eru and the valar

-use hairclips to make your ears pointy (to say about: that hurts you
know!)

-are at the lotrplaza,com (IT RULES A MILLION TIMES)

I made these out of the fact i'm very obsessed and I aply to all, really, you are obsessed when you got all this!

Exa

turin
heres the best one.....

you know your obsessed when...... you are posting in this forum, hehehehe

orlisgrl15
-you SCREAM EVERY time you see anything related to LotR!!! eek!
( i do it all the time!!!)

my mom is scared because im overly obsessed w/ LotR and now she wants to bring me to a syciotrist ( i spelled that wrong) but no matter how hard she tries im NEVER giving up my obsession!!! happy

OrliNElijahsGrl
orlisgrl! I DO IT ALL THE TIME! i saw the return of the king movie poster at the movies the other night and i let out this loud scream and went "WOOOO" it was exciting to see that they had the movie poster up already!!!!!! ahhh i got the biggest chills

orlisgrl15
lol i just cant stand how amazing it all is i just..........dont know the word 4 it but its all so great!!! happy

OrliNElijahsGrl
in the words of orlando bloom: ITS FANTASTIC!!!!!

I CANT WAIT UNTIL IT COMES OUT IN THEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!

orlisgrl15
same here

orlisgrl15
-when you try to put spells and curses on family and friends

OrliNElijahsGrl
-when you celebrate National Legolas Day

IM DOING THAT ON SATURDAY! WOOOOOOO BRING ON LEGOLAS DAY!!!! 2 MORE DAYS!

orlisgrl15
wat do u do on National Legolas Day? cuz it sounds like bunches of fun!!! happy

Bulehen
lol, those are so funny! about 99% of them i've either done, want to do, or was planning to do in the near future.

you know you're obsessed when...
- you write fanfiction about lord of the rings and only lord of the rings
- you put a quote from lotr on all your homework papers
- you have a pet named after something from lord of the rings and want to get more pets so you can name them after lord of the rings stuff

All totally me wacko I'm not obsessed shifty

Exa
Thats why I'm trying to persuade my mum to get another two or three cats I have so many names I want to give them... so at the moment my cat gets all of them big grin

My teachers get really angry cuz I always write these quotes into/onto my books, my tests, my tables and so on

-When you can't remember your friends' 'real' names and just call them by their LoTR-name

Shield_Eowyn
You know you (and your best friend) are obsessed when
-the dorm the two of you share at boarding school is plastered (i mean plastered) with lotr quotes..........(thats us)
-You know all of the released ROTK trailers off by heart.(us again)
-when someone gets catty at your scool and you want to get revenge on them, you say "she has gone unchallenged long enough.
-when you head off to all your classes saying "let us go, let us take the ship to science, let us bear away our free periods, there it be ever green.
-you have a rugby jersey with your nicname on it. your nickname happens to be 'Elf"
-your best friends nickname is samwise(her name is actually Samantha)
-you go to vist your friends horses and start talking to them in elvish
-you swear your cat is a reincarnation of smeagol/gollum.
-Sams 'when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer" speech practically saved you from suicide and kept you going through the hardest time in your life
-you lost count of all the times youve seen the movies at about 60 (no jokes)
-you almost had a mental breakdown when your parents took you to Europe fo the xmas holidays and you couldnt get to see TT until you got home (6 weeks later!!!!)
cheers smile
btw, does anyone know where to find the new rotk 20 min trailer???? I'll love you foreversmile

Exa
20 minutes?!?
Is it interviews or a real trailer?

My cat a reincarnation of Gollum? Hey interesting idea that would explain a lot stick out tongue

Shield_Eowyn
no idea actually, but anything lotr related................droolsmile

Shield_Eowyn
btw, my teachers get angry wen i hand in tests which i've gotten bored in, and they are covered in lotr quotes.
wen i finish exams, i just write out quote after quote

Exa
Me too big grin my Latin testbooks look crazy. All covered with quotes...

And on my english sheets more than half of the written stuff is lotr, I think big grin

drunk_nazgul
We are obsessed...
*lights torch and limps down long, creepy staircase*

Follow me to the obsession thread...

Verity
-U keep looking in the mirror to see if ur ears r growing pointy.
-U talk to trees hoping they'll open their eyes and answer back.

Bulehen
you know you're obsessed when you feel like you're going to die b/c you want your hair as long as arwen/eowyn's and you don't think it's growing fast enough
when you want to dye your hair the same color as you're favorite character's
when you want more pets so you can have Niphredil and Simbelmyne as well as your cat you currently have named Elanor and your three plants named Vilya, Nenya, and Narya.

No, I haven't done any of those shifty Okay, okay, yeah, I have, so what. I'm insane and proud of it wacko wink

muse5
i want my hair to be long... if it was i'd be happy, o well... obsessed and damn proud

Exa
Mine is already growing big grin but faaaaaaaaaaaaaar to slow X( and Im so angry it wont grow faster grrr...

muse5
i know, i had mine short last year, this year i'm like... long and dark and wavy, i'll look like arwen

nazgulinthedark
You have a LotR website.

Your bedroom walls have pictures of your favorite actor/character from LotR on them.

You carry pictures of your favorite actor/character from LotR in your bookbag.

You've used some of the pictures of your favorite actor/character from LotRto make a collage.

You've hung up your collage on your bedroom wall...

Where it is surrounded by your other LotR pics.

You've seen LotR more than once.

You've seen LotR more than twice.

You've seen LotR more than five times.

You've made your friends come with you to see LotR.

You've made your friends fall in love with LotR/your favorite actor/character from LotR.

You collect LotR action figures...

You've created a shrine for your favorite actor/character from LotR in your closet.

You've created a religion dedicated to your favorite actor/character from LotR.

You've converted most of your friends into your new religion.

You're thinking of converting your classmates.

You have started stalking your favorite actor from LotR.

You make your friends join you in stalking your favorite LotR actor.

You plan on going to a public event (conventions, award shows, etc.) just to catch a glimpse of your favorite actor from LotR.

You spend the entire day looking for your favorite actor from LotR.

When you find your favorite actor from LotR you follow them around all day trying to get an autograph.

Once you get an autograph, you still follow them around, hoping to get a picture with them or even a hug!

You've bought a bootleg LotR video...

AND a bootleg dvd!

You start to think you are a Middle Earth creature.

You go around telling everyone you are a Middle Earth creature.

You start to talk like a Middle Earth creature.

You start to dress like a Middle Earth creature.

You change your name to make it sound more Middle Earth-y.

You refuse to answer anyone unless they call you by your Middle Earth name.

You start calling your parents "Gaffer" and "Gammer".

You call your house a hobbit hole.

You refuse to wear shoes.

Whenever you are offered a drink, you say "It comes in pints?"...

And you pronounce "pints" as "peints".

You develop a split personality.

You give your other personality a name.

You call anything dear to you "my precious"...

And you pronouce "precious" as "preciousss".

You hiss at people you dislike...

And wonder whether they taste good with fisheses.

Whenever you lose something or can't find something, you say that it was that thief Baggins that took it.

You refer to yourself as "we".

You talk about yourself in third person.

You add an extra "s" to everything you say.

You call anyone that causes you hurt or problems your "bane".

You buy a book about Middle Earth or Tolkien everytime you're at the mall.

You have more than a dozen books about Middle Earth or Tolkien.

You have turned your room into a library of all the books about Middle Earth or Tolkien.

muse5
lol, i fall into all of those categories...lol, i only respond to took now... lol

Aragorn#1
-for halloween u dressed up as a Nazgul n ur friend as Arwen and went on the side of a main road chasing each other on horse back (me)
-every weekend u and ur friend wach the extended fotr and then ttt (me)

Shadowskill
*You go to the barber shop and say "Just take a little off the foot."
*You pretend to be Frodo while your best friend runs at you with a butter knife.
*You pretend you are part of the Fellowship and write down your whole life story in diaries leading up to the journey of the Fellowship and The War of the Ring, being sure to name who you marry and how many kids you have.
*You refuse to eat anything but a piece of white bread, claiming that it's Elven bread.
*You go without a bath for at least a week and say (to back up your story) "Aragorn didn't take a bath and he got a girl just fine."

Tifa_Lockheart
You know your obsessed when the lightsaber you own magically transforms itself into Anduril, Flame of the West, You actually think Yorkshire is The Shire, You wonder if Sauron is infact -Shock, horror- Frodo's father, and you start singing :-

Hey ho, to the bottle I go
To heal my heart and drown my woe
Rain may fall and wind may blow
But there still be- many miles to go
Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain
And the wind that blows from hill to plain
Better than rain or rippling brook
Theres a mug of beer inside this Took

EVERY single time you go to your local 'prancing pony'

(Long live Faramir, he can have me if he were to find me on the highway!)

Exa
Actually, these words of course come from the same source
As well as the word "sheriff"

billyboyd4ever
*when the only way you will fall alseep is if you lsten to a lotr sountrack...it lulls you to sleep like a baby... :P

Tifa_Lockheart
Ex-queeeeeeeze moi. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Exa
@Tifa hm what?

It doesnt lull me to sleep but its the only way to sleep well big grin

billyboyd4ever
same difference...now if you'l excuse me its time to turn on my lotr cd and go to bed smile

Exa
Hm lol ok I just got up listening to my LoTR CD big grin

BingaBonga
when you first joined this, you thought you were only coming just because of the lotr section....

that would be me! big grin

fini
ok me just did this
- ur obsessed if u spent $12 printing Lotr pics on the campus library colour laser printer and used up all the toner

*fini grabs her paper and sneaks out of the library*

billyboyd4ever
hmmmmm...well my walls are covered w/pics...bu ti have my own printer and loads of ink stocke dup so i dont really hav eto worry abou tthat...but we do go thru ink fast...

Aragorn#1
he he thats what i do i get all my pics off the Internet and then sneak into my schools workroom and laminate all of them and put them on my wall, must protect the pictures precious

elvenbutterfly
You know you are obsessed with the Lord of the Rings when:

-The first time you see the RotK trailer, you are sitting in a quiet movie theater, and to hell with it you start screaming anyway.
(I did that yesterday, when I saw the sucky new Matrix.)

-You go to your local grocery store with a couple of obsessed friends, go into the fish section, and start screeching the they are ruining your fish. Then chase them until they drop it.
(This scares people in small towns.)

-Your mom leaves you in the car at Ace Hardware for a few minutes, and as cars drive by you scream character names at various people.
(Hey, they looked like them.)

-You dress as an elf to go to the Matrix premiere in your town.
(Brown cloak and everything.)

-You've ever gotten dragged into a 2 1/2 hour conversation on elves.

I have done all of these. And it was fun.

Aragorn#1
he he that souds like something i would do

Bloom4ever
OMG, i'm obsessed!

Aragorn#1
I am not sure if i am...........jk i am very obsessed wwweeeeee precious

hobbit_lover
-every Halloween you dress up as something from LOTR

-you watch LOTR as soon as you get home from school

-every conversation you have you always bring up something from LOTR (me)

-you make your friends sit through helms deep just to make your-self happy( i did that at my party hahaha)

OrliNElijahsGrl
-every Halloween you dress up as something from LOTR-thats me, i dressed up as arwen this year

-you watch LOTR as soon as you get home from school-me!

-every conversation you have you always bring up something from LOTR- THAT IS SO TOTALLY ME!

-you make your friends sit through helms deep just to make your-self happy- I always go "you have got to see this" and have them watch helms deep, aw hell not even that part, the whole movie! hehe

OrliNElijahsGrl
*when you want to be a elf*-OOo that is me, LOTR has me fanscinated with elves!

*Speaking elvish* (that might of been mentioned already)-TOTALLY ME! I speak it all the time, and type it

*Made your own fellowship*-Not yet, thinking about it! actually i wanna be arwen the elven princess and friends be the fellowship, it would be our little fellowship/arwen lord of the rings thing

MUAH

Exa
Yes I did... I mean I watch it over and over every day but I went Matrix twice in three days to see that trailer in cinema (which is far better than on the PC)
And, well, I want to see it again... as soon as I've time I'll go to cinema again... but perhaps a cheaper film *fg*

-you drive all you friends crazy because you just cant stop speaking either elvish or like gollum

billyboyd4ever
my friend was gollum in a show (we did hobbit) and she was great!!!
i was soooo estatic to see the trailer that i couldnt mak eany noise...i just stared @ the screen...tho i had already seen it on my comp a billion times!!!

russ_mathers
when....
-theres a shrine in ur bedroom
-when u address ur bestest friends as aragon,pippin,gimli,merry,sam,frodo,gandalf,boromi
r,legolas. and say 'we are the fellowship of the ring'
-when u look for ages in the shops for a sword that turns blue, when orcs are near.

Bloom4ever
-when the first thing u do when u come home is go on the internet 2 chat about lotr
-when u borrow the tt tape in a video club and hav refused 2 carry it back 4 3 months(we must owe a fortune)

elvenbutterfly
I dressed up as an elf for Halloween. People kept calling me a Jedi because I wasin a brown cloak. It made me so mad. Now people call me a Jedi everywhere I go. I am going to start handing out pictures of the poster to people.

Aragorn#1
i was a ringwraith for halloween on my pony n ya know that part on fotr when the hobbits r hiding under the tree and they show the horse's legs all bloody i got fake blood and poored it all over my horses legs and my friend saw us on the roed and started yelling at me for not cleaning up my horse's cut n 4 leting her get cut like that

my friend was Arwen i chased her across all kinds of roads people got mad he he

scott hiwersh
When you go for a jog, and pretend you are being chased by Orcs through Mordor... oh man, I need some Extended Edition baby...

OrliNElijahsGrl
OOOO...i was speaking elvish today at clinicals for phlebotomy at the hospital, it was quite funny because the person i was getting blood from, who was ALSO a lord of the rings fan, KNEW WHAT I WAS SAYING, so we were there...speaking elvish to eachother...the girl i was working with, gave us this look like "what in the hell!"

oooo...also..i brought my return of the king book with me when we werent busy, and i got so far in it, its soooo great, so exciting and i cant wait till the movie! BUT also...seeing how i was arwen for halloween, im constantly speaking arwen lines, so i was taking someones blood and he was sitting there, i havent stuck him yet, and he was just talking and then i stuck him, and he went "AH!" and i said "whats this...a ranger caught off his guard" and he was like: what?!! and i was like: Ohhh arwen moment, lord of the rings, dont mind me

HAHAHA

muse5
you know you are obsessed when you are watching mtv and a preview for rotk video game comes on and you start having seziures then you press record on your vcr and tape over the episode of everwood that's on the blank tape... i did that yesterday... dude, the trailer was on matrix revolutions.... damn ghetto movie theater,
you know you are obsessed when you start crying at matrix revolutions because they don't show the rotk trailer

muse5
don't worry, i watch lotr EVERYDAY after school, my friends will call me and i'll be reciting lines in the backround and they'll be like 'you're watching it again, aren't you?!'

Bloom4ever
yeah, i think ive seen the movies 2 many times 4 my own good

hpxmenlotrnerd
these are so hysterical!!! i just finished skimming them and...wow! i couldnt think of nething like that, and im also obsessed. me and my sister went to a movie and there was a preview for TTT (this was a while ago) and we got real close and started quitely screaming and hyperventilating. I have all the lotr books in the fancy hardcovers and i have the silmarillion and unfinished tales.

billyboyd4ever
ok...this is pretty obsessed...
you're in a theatre w/your fellow lotr lover friend and the previews havent come on, but the 20 is on (this show before the movie) and the screen isnt coming up. then all of a sudden you hear lotr music, and "a new power is rising" and you and your friend fall on the floor and scream because you think you're missing the rotk trailer, when it was really just fo rthe video game (which still sucks that we missed it) and then you cry because theynever actually show th erotk trailer...haha

Exa
lol big grin big grin
Id also love to be a nazgul... but unfortunately I have no horse lol...

lol I went rev twice to see the trailer again... its so cool...

You know youre obsessed when you forget your own and your friends' names cuz you just use eldarin names (hey I really have to think for several minutes to remember what my name is...)

Aragorn#1
he he Nazgul rule!! i want to see the trailer on the big screen i ve only seen it on the computer

orlisgrl15
you know your obsessed when your email adress and screen names relate to anything LotR!!! ( all of mine do happy )

Aragorn#1
whistle he he

Exa
Lol whistle
all except for Exa do big grin

Aragorn#1
he he, but its all good... todays my ponys B-day go my pony,steed of Rohan he he jk back to subject

orlisgrl15
you have all of the pringles cans w/ legolas gandalf and aragorn on them
you have all of the soda cans w/ just about every character on them
you pretend to be sicjk to stay home from school to watch a 10 minute segmint about the Lord of the Rings

(i did all of these!!!) happy

billyboyd4ever
no matter how hard i try to fake sick...it doesnt work sad not even for my lotr...once i tried so i could stay home and watch it...no such luck

af2legolas
stick out tongue I am having a Lord of the Rings New Years party. You all are invited if you can make it to Southern Illinois. laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>