looky what ive stumbled upon...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mindbugaling
www.metacortechs.com

can anybody say: ARGN

mindbugaling
i stumbled upon this while searching google

This could be an alternate reality game, like the one on AI, tell me what ya think

JediHDM
I just realized something...if you take the name, Metacortechs, and break it up, it sounds like Meta + corp + techs, which means outer body technology, or something like that...Sounds familiar, eh?

I have an idea...I think we should create our own co., call it something like New Gaming, KMC INc, and e-mail them asking for information concerning the MetaVR...It sounds curiously similar to the technology of the Matrix, except sending the sensations via your own sensory organs, rather than direct to brain connection. I have started like this...

Concerning: MetaGamex
I am writing on behalf of my employer, Mobil Avenue, inc., concerning the newest gaming console and the proposed peripheral, the Metagamex and the MetaVR. We are very excited about this new technology, and would be interested in taking a look at the technical aspects of your technology, and the ramifications such a console would have on the gaming industry, as well as the industrial community as a whole. Please respond concerning our requests, and we hope you the greatest of luck in your quest.
Sincerely,
Michael Popper
Interim Investment Analyst

Of course, we should come up with a better name, but... Sounds good, huh. I will explain why i think it isnt real later...got class...

JediHDM
Ok, now for the reasons that i think MetaCortex, or Metacortechs, for that matter, are not a real company:

1) Look up the address in a directory or map site(such as Yahoo!) and the address will not show up, the Zip code will not show up, and Redland, Wa does not exist.
2) The countdown is counting down until 12 am on October 1, 2003 aON THE EAST COAST, while the given address is along the WEST COAST.
3) Who gives a definite date that their system will be up again? I can think of no logical, plausible reason for a company to put in stone the date and time thier site will be up, because it could be finished before then, or it may take longer, if it really a company.
4) If a company is Inc., it means they are listed in stock, and their stock can be bought, however, i can find no such company listed in Nasdaq, Dow, NYSE, etc.
5) The phone number for Dave Regenhardt works, however, neither it, nor the other given phone number are listed.
6) Using a BNC connector for a popup that says "Wire in" reminds me remarkably of jacking in with the brain needles...
7) I have never heard of Steven Walsh, nor his company, and i think i should of heard of a MetaVR or a MetaGamex, since i try to pay attention to video gaming news...
8) The letters on the letterhead are EXACTLY the same, including the space between the two halves of the X, as the letters on the side of the building.
9) based on the few pics there are in M1 of the building, i think that it is the same building, but rotated, where the part we see, that says "METACORTEX" is around the right of the Pic in the website, which is a CAD drawing, based on the rough edges and the general graniness of the pic.
10) The website says it is trading based on the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, section 37a...there IS NO section 37 in the SEA of 1934...

I could go on, i think, but i think that is sufficient cause to think this is a fake co., created by Wachowski Bros., as another way to recieve Matrix info, or what ever else...Besides, anyone else think it weird that they use GREEN as the color for the letters on their site, with the changing number white, and the background black? I saw this site a while ago, but i forgot about it, as i wasn't as avid a fan as i am now...Lets just wait and see on Oct 1 what it is...

icon
site's being constructed on. inform us what it is plz

JediHDM
METACORTEX is the name of the software company Thomas A. Anderson worked for. We are speculatin what the site is for, because we dont know WHAT the prupose is...We think the site is from WB, but it is very elaborate...

JediHDM
These people are so sneaky...i cant believe they would list a non-existant law as basis for thier trading practices (see above, part 10). Its like, lying, but on the Internet, making it true, right? Time for the Banana King, its celebratin' time...

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

JediHDM
what do y'all think?

Sifer
Noticed this a while back and have been patiently waiting smile

j0nza
my guess? thats going to be a part of the matrix online video game.

JediHDM
interesting...

SimplePriest
What's the deal with this online video game? I haven't heard anything other than it's going to exist. What is it going to be like? And when will it come out?

man I'm such a poor fan for not knowing sad

JediHDM
www.matrixonline.com

icansee
Help how do I post a picture?

herbie
Man i just looked at matrixonline, sounds wicked! I really cant wait, there goes my social life again!
Could metacortechs be something to do with the next film coming out, maybe in line with ETM? Lots of people think there will be more codes and stuff for ETM. I dunno, just a thought!
(BTW SimplePriest good quote, great poet)

tshirt
Clearly a fake site.
After reading about the game, my guess is that it is similar to the websites that existed in Grand Theft Auto and other games. The sites are more decorative than anything else, and work to build the atmosphere of the game.

JediHDM
It is a fake site, we know that much ( i posted ten reasons why up there) but WHY is the question. It must be important, to go to the trouble of setting it up like that...

tshirt
Not that important. Grand Theft Auto and other games have created fake websites. In GTA there are various advertisers on the "radio" and companies in the game. The game producers created real websites for the fake companies:

h t t p://www.pogothemonkey.c..
h t t p://www.petsovernight.c..
lovemedia.tv

My guess is they are something similar. The websites states that you don't have to leave the game enviroment. The sites might work like the animatrix. They may provide you with some information, but are not required to experience the game.

VenomVA
"There is no Website"

JediHDM
"There is no website?"

VenomVA
Joke, you know like "There is no Spoon" laughing out loud

SimplePriest
Wow, this game sounds pretty interesting. Well, I guess I can just kiss my good grades goodbye. laughing

Oh well, who needs to be an electrical engineer anyway. I'll just be a Neo when I grow up roll eyes (sarcastic)

JediHDM
i know it was a joke, i awswered the way NEO did...Simple, you're going for EE? im goin CompE...small world...

joeboy
I have a BS in Computer science with the scientific option.
studying AI now. Own my own. Got an idea that will change the world. And it don't envold doors but it has a matrix.

joeboy
i also studied EE, Just got too bored with it.

icansee
i studied for a matrix degree.

SimplePriest
icansee> lol... cool. Yeah, erm If you're talking about what I think you're talking about than I could validate a few classes in that. As could we all!
laughing

icansee
I am not from Earth.

JediHDM
icansee, we can see...

SimplePriest
oh.... Well never mind then. I-uh, never mind.

Ohh, you know what... I'm such an idiot, why didn't I notice this before. Of course you're not from earth. It says so right there *points to just below icansee's avatar* Pluto 5, universe 7! I'm such a fool. Well, welcome. I'm glad that Matrix has become such an intergalactic hit!!

happy laughing

icansee
Yes it has I was just discussing that with wetop.From Universe 9.

JediHDM
tell me, how do you travel and/or communicate with entities from other galaxies?

icon
smoke signals, duh...

tshirt
Have an EE degree. Never used it.

icansee
Teleportation.

VenomVA
KOOL big grin

Vim
its funny on the metacortechs website, there's a countdown, ... i can't tell to what though... right now its at 5 days, 12 hours, and 15 minutes, 58 seconds.... and the top bar of the window says serving you into the 21st century!

JediHDM
If the time is set by your position, then it is set to countdown to Midnight of Oct 1, 2003, in the morning...I dont know why though... most companies reset their websites early mornng, so it would make sense, but they're supposed to be on the West coast, not the East coast, which would be 8:00 Tuesday night in WA...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.