Suicide

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
A few hours ago my mom called me up from Tennessee, she said my sister called her from Carson City Nevada.

My sister said to tell me that a good friend of mine, named Ryan had committed suicide earlier today.

Well, it's not a confirmed suicide yet, my sister was told by two different people he's dead or he's in a coma.

I can't believe he did this! I knew he was depressed after his girlfriend, another friend of mine named Brandi, dumped him earlier this year.

If I know him as good as I think I do, he followed through completely with his death. He never quit anything he started.

And the worse thing is, if he is dead, I can't go to his funeral since I don't have any way to get to Carson City, no money and no car.

I'm sad now. sad sad sad sad sad sad

rabbit
omg that is so sad i mean it happen to me once with a friend i wish the best for him
{raches over to give lance a hug}

LanceWindu
*hugs back*

Thank you

rabbit
it's ok i am there for you if you ever need to talk

LanceWindu
Ok.

silver_tears
*covers lance in huggles* im so sorry for you sad
the same thing happened to a friend of a friends erm
i wish i could help you feel better http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cry.gif

rabbit
good i just want you to know i am forever i swear

LanceWindu
I'll be ok, there's nothing anything can do to change it, it's done and over with.

rabbit
ok i hope you feel better

LanceWindu
Thank you

rabbit
any time pm me whenever k

silver_tears
yea me too feel better windy erm

h0ck3yh0rr0r
sad.

BackFire349
thats terrible lance, im sorry.

Red Texas
Tip:

Get off the computer. This is not a time to type your feelings out in an impersonal format, to people you don't know.

Spend time with your family, Spend time with your friends - and work this out. suicide is stupid, and NEVER the answer.

It can never get so bad that death is the best option, NEVER.

LanceWindu
If you had read the post you would realize I'm not thinking about killing myself.

My friend already did!

Red Texas
I know that, I'm saying you should be sharing frief with your family

LanceWindu
My family is in Tennessee and they didn't know him anyways.

Only me, my sister and her husband.

pablo007
Dude that sucks, a friend of mine died 5 months ago in a car crash.

LindsIsTightK
I disagree. The people at KMC are all friends, and many of us have gotten to know each other very well, so he isn't just typing out all his feelings in an impersonal format to a bunch of people he doesnt know. He is telling us, as his FRIENDS, how he feels.

What if he doesnt have a lot of family that he can go to in a hard time? Not everyone is lucky enough to have a family like that, so for some people, this is all they've got.

Also, you can never know how bad someone is feeling inside to say that things never really get that bad. You would have to be in that situation to understand it. I'm not saying death is the answer, I'm just saying that not everyone feels the same way about it as you do. For some people, who honestly have nobody to turn to, it can be the answer.

Tired Hiker
I agree. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Lance.

Neo_Version 7
Suicide is wack. 2 bad bout your pal. I wish Tired Hiker were here to give some more tips as he's always got the answers

LanceWindu
It's ok TH.

Neo_Version 7
Yey, he's here!!!!

yo that sucks dude ::shakes head:: i hate hearing about suicides, really makes me think about what happened to the person in their life that made it come to that. I'm sorry to hear this.

Mist
by today, do you mean Today today, or yesterday?
anyways, sorry lance. sad
how about you make a thread and put a picture of your friend instead of going to his funeral? then we can join you.

LanceWindu
Today as in 9/23/2003.

I don't have a picture of him.

Kes
Thats heavy sad *hugs* But till you get confirmation you dont know.
I mean when my cousin had a car accident, she was fine but a friend of my sister that knows my cousin called her saying he had heard my cousin was in a coma...so. Stuff gets altered to the worst so wait till you know for sure. Cant you call his family?

Ushgarak
I have to absolutely agre with Lindsay on this one.

Sorry, Lance.

The Force
This girl i was talking with on my email siad that no one liked her and that she was going to commit suicide, and boy did i give her a talking to mad

Ushgarak
Then you had better hope she was not serious.

Phoenix
Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry.

*hugs Lance extra hard*

yerssot
I'm sorry to hear that lance sad

G.P
I'm sorry Lance

Fire
well lance, I'm sorry to hear it too,

I agree with linds for the most part but I think suicide CAN POSSIBLY IN SOME SITUATIONS create more problems than it solves.

But wether or not that is the case here I don't know

and secondly I won't judge anyone who commits suicide, cause we have no right judging another man's decision when it does not affect us

mechmoggy
Sorry to hear about your bad news LW.

BackFire349
suicide is a foolish and selfish resort.

Fire
I don't think we can judge it BF

The Force
Amen

And sorry bout the bad new lance

BackFire349
i am in no way judging lances friend, but from what lance said in this thread, he just broke up with his gf, that is the LEAST reasonable reason to commit suicide. everyone gets their heart broken, its part of growing up and becomming emotionally mature. It is indeed tragic, but that doesnt change the fact that its a very selfish act to commit. (im aware that when you are in a suicidal state of mind, you dont think logically and that other peoples feelings are your last worries) even if it isnt conciously selfish, it is.

Fire
I didn't mean lance his friend I ment in general, someone who's like stranded in a place all alone where he can never leave ever again. then I don't think that suicide is a selfish thing well maybe selfish but not in the way that he'll hurt others

and sometimes ppl can commit suicide to serve a greater good like that guy in crimson tide, who has the combination to the missile launch key, if he was sure the capt. was gonna launch those nukes starting a nuclear holocaust, then I think suicide would be a good option, NOT a FOOLISH or SELFISH

those cases are rare I agree but we shouldn't generalise.

BackFire349
of course there are exceptions, just like always. but when i say suicide does no good, im talking about the general cases. i agree with you that if someone is sentanced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, or for a greater good, then its acceptable. But im talking in general cases, the ones that are done because of a broken heart, or some other personal termoil, it is foolish and and causes no more relief then time would have brought.

Fire
most of the time smile

BackFire349
yes, about 98 percent or so. Because you know as well as i do that most suicides are done because of a broken heart, or another type of loss. and time heals these wounds, i know.

Fire
through

BackFire349
sorry?

Fire
damn I should stop typing english, cause it really sucks today I ment true

BackFire349
ahhh, understood smile

Fire
thx smile

LanceWindu
Thanks everybody.

I'm still waiting for a confirmation on whether he's alive or not.

I seriously hope he is.

yerssot
we keep our fingers crossed

Fire
same here lance

BackFire349
yeah, we all wish you the best of luck with this buddy.

Baylin
Treasure the memories my friend!
Dont resent your friend for this act, it isn't always a selfish thing to do. Sometimes people have to walk different paths to us. I believe that ultimately it is a choice, a path that some have to walk to get to where they need to go.
Hold firm that which ever way it falls both of you got something out of knowing each other!

LanceWindu
I know Baylin.

The first memory I have of him is him crashing at my apartment the first night I met him.

Baylin
smile yes

LanceWindu
He was an awesome snowboarder too.

I remember when he came over to my house after he had a nasty wipeout and we had to watch over him because he had a concussion.

Fire
he sounds like a great mate, reminds me of one of mine

julibug
my husband's cousin committed suicide last year. it was so sad. he had been really depressed, and had actually attempted it before, but they found him in time. this time it was too late. i feel for you. if you need to talk, don't hesitate to e-mail or pm. let us know when you have a confirmation.

LanceWindu
I just got the confirmation 2 minutes ago.

He's still alive and he's going to make it.

He didn't shoot himself in the head.

He decided to shoot his heart, but he missed and shot his lung.

He's in the hospital right now in a drug enduced coma.

BackFire349
well thats definately good news lance, thank god he's ok.

LanceWindu
I wouldn't say okay, but he'll be fine.

BackFire349
well ok as in he's going to live.

badkittykitty
wow lance I am sorry i didnt read this till now, my thoughts and prayers are with you trying to figure this out and helping your friend over come this terrible tragedy so it doesnt happen again.if you ever need to talk I am here for you,these things are never easy to deal with but stay strong for your friend.he will need you.

LanceWindu
The thing is though, I haven't seen him for a year.

But he's still a good friend.

yerssot
w00t!
great news lance! now to get him awake from the coma and out of his depression smile
*happy about fairly good ending*

LanceWindu
The coma was induced by the doctor's to keep him stabilized.

He should be out in a few days though.

BackFire349
that is awesome lance, I'll bet thats a relief... I'm glad everything is going to be ok for your buddy *slaps lances ass*

yerssot
see! even better smile

Fire
oooh kinky BF, you and lance need a private moment?

BackFire349
nah, we will use the public forums to display our affection, like so many other members seem to be doing lately.

Fire
yea okie true smile

LanceWindu
sick again.

I am Niv's property, no one elses.

BackFire349
sure, whatever you say lance *puts on rubber glove*

LanceWindu
*leaves his own thread*

Fire
HAHA laughing out loud

yerssot
*waves farewell*

LanceWindu
*comes back*

Thank god that freak BF has left.

yerssot
freaky freak-freak

LanceWindu
He touched my tookass

yerssot
problem being ...

LanceWindu
sick

julibug
hey - all this kinkiness aside - glad to hear your friend is alive. i hope things will get much better for him.

Kes
Good to hear he's going to be ok. smile

wicker_man
Yeh suicide is not a very nice to subject, even if the indivdual has been unsuccesful in there attempt the after effects can be just as traumatic both to the person involved and those close to them.My best wishes go to your friend in this time of difficulty. He must b lucky to have a good friend like you.

LanceWindu
Thanks everybody.

I'll try to find a way to send him your best wishes.

Phoenix
yay! he's okay! *hugs Lance extra extra extra hard*

Phoenix
people used ot think I was suicidal cos I have scars on my wrists.... but there from cats and dogs... smile I have a part-time job at an animal shelter.

yerssot
well, that IS more reassuring phoe wink

must_kill_Santa
*hugs* wow that must have been bad my friends are always goin on bout commiting suicide my friends dad did but he had parkinson deisease

LanceWindu
Just because he had Parkinson's wasn't a good enough reason to take his own life.

My grandfather has the same thing.

Kes
Well its a degenerative disease. Not everybody can deal with it.
Some ppl just think differently.

Thomas H
sorry to hear that !!

Nivvy
smile

* Cuddles Lancey *

Julie
good to hear he's alive....tell him not to give up...there's always hope to be found in life.....

Fire
nice words os wisdom julie

Hypernova
Glad he's going to be okay too smile

LanceWindu
Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.