Other Interests

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phinney6
What are yours here are mine

Basketball, Favorite team=Boston Celtics. Favorite Player=Larry Bird

Football. Favorite team=Chargers, Favorite player= Junior Seau

Bond Movies

War Movies

Star Wars

WWII, Mainly about General Patton

American Civil War

Wrestling=NWA Wrestling from 1981-1989, Prime Year 1986

Ushgarak
Bond Movies? Good man. I know a little about the American Civil War, too.

Aside from the Role-Playing, Card Gaming and general sci-fi interest, there's the cricket (DON'T talk about the Ashes right now, please), and a few historical interests (Napoleonic Wars, Battle of Britain).

Oh, and the writing of course.

Not much a mainly housebound guy can do, really.

phinney6
Then again I am from New England and ur from britain, so I think our historical interests will be different, I have changed my mind, My new favorite Bond movie is "from russia with love"

Ushgarak
Mine's Thunderball. FRWL is a good film, to be sure, though it was not much like the other Bond Movies, being a normal spy film without the slight fantasticism of the others. It was almost believable!

As for history... well, I doubt you know much about the BoB, but then I DO, as I say, know something of the American Civil War...

phinney6
I think FRWL Was like other bond movies exept
the plot. Whatis your favorite Star Trek Movie

Ushgarak
II and VI. I did just post in your films forum topic, actually...

phinney6
My Favorite War movie Is "The Battle of the Bulge" and my favorite wrestler is Ric Flair

Ushgarak
AH, Battle of the Bulge...

Actually, I think there is a whole topic in the movie forum about what your favourite war film is.

phinney6
Did you like the movie, Also My favorite military leader was the famous GENERAL PATTON

Ushgarak
Who could not like Patton? Mind you, the man was barking; he was one of tbose who wanted to team up with the Germans againt Russia.

A bit of nuttiness is handy in a General.

Gundark
Other interests.....hmmm....besides SW ?

Cooking
Writing
Reading
My dogs
Oh yes, I almost forgot...Tom.

Hehehe.

phinney6
The Cold War wouldnt have happened if he did do it, I really dont think he would let the germans run the army though, he would just use their soldiers.

JediOasis
Lately I've really been working on music. I'm learning to play the guitar, at least trying to teach myself. And I've been writing songs, its a lot harder than I thought it'd be. And I've also started playing tennis a lot more. I played in high school but haven't played much since, but I've picked up my racket a lot recently.

Texas
hummmm other interests, I love The Smashing Pumpkins, street racing, dining out, hanging with friends, taking disturbing black and white photographs, traveling, looking out of tall buildings, going to electronic stores, movies and playing with Legos big grin

ratcat
Other interests, kewl topic.

Disneyworld - goes without saying laughing out loud. Like to follow the development of new rides and attractions, as well as just going.Formula One Motor Racing - Schumacher for the championship!!!Playing First Person Shootem Ups like Quake III and Elite SquadronStar Trek - Though I have lost some interest in this is recent months due to the way the producers have treated the Voyager storyline.LIke to Swim and go to the Gym

finti
otger interests hmm
- Spend time with my daughter
- I love to watch football(soccer) premiere league(England) were Leeds United is the team.
- I read a lot
- I go to the movies
- Go to pubs and have a lot of beer big grin
- posting on this board
smokin'
- and telling people that Star Trek sucks laughing out loud

RED DRAGON
Interests: most things sci-fi, especially Babylon 5, reading spooky books (Clive Barker), music, movies, watching F1 (I HATE SCHUMACHER!! mad ), trying hard not to do any work - oh, and lots of drinking smokin'
Fave Star Trek film is First Contact
Fave Bond Film Goldfinger

phinney6
Thanks for the compliment RC big grin Did I tell you that I love Video Games and Computer games.

My Favorite Video game is: The World is not enough

Computer Game: Sid Meier's Gettysburg

Ushgarak
Woo-hoo! Another Bab 5 fan!

Dim
Doesn't anyone here watch Farscape? sad

Ushgarak
I do.

finti
I guess thats good that the only two bab 5 fans in the world found each other. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ushgarak
And the only Space: Above and Beyond fan is happy about it, it seems...

finti
yeah I never knew how it ended kind of make it a cult series for me. Bab 5 was on tv on Sundays here in Norway. I guess that was when everybody turned off the tv and had their sunday dinner. big grin

Ushgarak
How can ANYONE not like a series where the lead in series 2-5 was in Tron?

finti

Ushgarak
Yes, Tron WAS pretty poor... they are still considering a sequal as well...

Now, Last Starfighter... THERE is a film that made an impact...

finti
It actually didnt but it was a cool story and film though. Tron sequal yikes. Guess next is a Footloose sequal as well, (looks for Kevin Bacon)

phinney6
I am an avid GI JOE collector, (They are going to be worth something) I am trying to find the 12 inch Doll of GENERAL GEORGE SMITH PATTON JR

mechmoggy
Whoever mentioned Ric Flair should know that he was wrestling when I was a kid - he's always been a cool customer.

Any spare time is carefully divided between Mrs. Mechmoggy and the pub. Although not always divided equally I should add. wink

Gundark
Oh totally cool there, Texas. A fellow Lego lover. My brother (he's 49) and I are hard core lego maniacs. The legos are all at my parents house for the grandkids and he and I play with them whenever we're there for picnics or holidays. We also play no-mercy battleship. One time he put his aircraft carrier in his shirt pocket. So later, when we had dessert, I put an olive in his coffee cup. evil face

I also confess to being an electronic pocket yahtzee junkie. I bought it for Tommy, but I play it all the time. Do you think they have a help group for people like me ? laughing out loud

phinney6
I mentioned Ric Flair and Flair was god in the 80's. I love Lego's two Gundy and GI JOE's

phinney6
HEY EDNA ANY OTHER INTERESTS

Edna_witch
Me? Well I'm afraid I'm the arty type! I do a lot of drawing and sewing. Very creative. Make lots of hangings and things. I make jewellery too and my sister and I sell it at the village fete every year and make friends necklaces and bracelets and things for their birthdays. Other than that not a lot. Exceot my dad and I like walking a lot.

Ushgarak
And very nice bracelets they are too...

Edna_witch
Oh no Ush not jewellery like that. Friendship bracelets are things you make when you are 12. We make proper jewellery. We found this amazing shop you see and we started making a few things that the lady showed us how to make and it just expanded from there. Now we do our own designs and a lot of it bares resemblance to stuff you find in the shops. It's great! My friends love it as they get great jewellery at a fraction of the price!

Ushgarak
Yes you did post to me about that before... quite the hidden nest of talent, aren't you?

Edna_witch
Well only in the creative area. However I have no sporting talent and very little musical talent. I can sing and that is it. All that talent went to my sister. She is the pianist and the flute player. She's damn good too. It makes me sick!

Ushgarak
But can't handle a digibox, eh?

Edna_witch
Oh god no! I don't know what it is with my family and the telly. I seem to be the only one who can use it. I dread to think what would happen if I ever asked them to set the timer!

Ushgarak
Older siblings are all the same...

Gundark
Bet she can carve a helluva jack-o-lantern !

phinney6
HELLUVA JACK-O-Lantern

phinney6
I am Jedi Master thanks

Texas
Oh Gundark you dont need help, your a role model for us all! I love Legos, I like to build tall skyscrapers and bridges, the tallest building I built was about six feet, but then I started having structural problems and had to have a demolishing ceremony sad

Ushgarak
OOhh! Nice one.

Texas
Oh so now your rubbing it in my face are you Phinney6, you just dont know when to stop, We'll let me just inform you Phinney6 that situations like these end with someone getting hurt evil face ......... big grin

phinney6
I LOVEEEEE Legos too

Texas
Oh Phinney6 your shameless friendship attempt has come too late!! rubbing your Jedi Master status in my face will go unforgiven mad

Ushgarak
Sorry, run that back... 'Steal MY witchy pie...?'

I KNEW IT!

EDNA! I WAS RIGHT! LOOK OUT!

phinney6
I was doin it to tick Ush off, AND SHE IS NOT!!!!!!!! YOUR SWEETY PIE< SHE WAS WITH USH BEFORE YOU KNEW THIS BOARD!!! mad mad mad mad evil face evil face evil face

Texas
The only thing Edna, that goddess of a woman, has to look out for is my handsome good looks and sexy muscular body! wink

Ushgarak
But how to convince Edna that I was right about him? Ooh, plot twist...

phinney6
Decks texas in the head and knocks him out. Edna should decide. NEVER EVER INSULT a jedi MASTER!!!

Ushgarak
Well, to think Edna trusted you as a friend, Texas...

Texas
That's why Edna needs a new man, you are so violent! sad

Ushgarak
Me? It was Phinney you punched you!

phinney6
OMG I got out of hand sorry TEXAS!!! *Helps him up*

Texas
And just to let you know USH, I will show Edna the bruise you gave me, maybe she can kiss it and make it better wink

Texas
Oh my goodness, I am sorry for falsely accusing you USH, It's just that I am blinded by witchy love! wink

Texas
See, this just proves my point, Phinney6 becomes a Jedi Master and he starts punching board members.....OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

phinney6
Texas you have no idea what you are getting into, Ush, Me, RC, Gundy, Queeq, Dim, and Edna. Are like a group so you have no idea the loyalty i have for this Group, thay tutored me on how to become a jedi MASTER.

Ushgarak
Blinded by Witchy love? Oh my...

Texas
Oh please Phinney6 your stale threats dont scare me, once word gets around that you attacked me, you'll be sorry mad

phinney6
you have no idea how much ush loves edna. I am being loyal to ush and I will do anything to stop you from getting edna,

I shouldn't have punched you. Do you want to become of this "Group" And become my padawan learner.

Ushgarak
Look, you can't walk in and take Edna just like that; it took me bloody months... you haven't even seen any of her tricks!

phinney6
Ush I shouldn't have punched him, DEMOTE ME now,

Ushgarak
Ah... buh... look, I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Texas
I think Edna is a nice woman who adds a little charm to this board

smile

Ushgarak
Ehhh, I wouldn't try that line with her...

Besdies, if you are not careful, then UUsh might come along... we don't want that, do we? Just ask Phin...

phinney6
Ohhhhhh not the uush

Texas
Whoose UUsh your clone?, He doesn't sound scarry to me, he better watch out for me evil face

Ushgarak
Oooh, someone wants to learn the hard way...

Texas
I like reading and writing poetry smile

Ushgarak
Don't you talk about your biscuit preferences in here!

phinney6
HAHA Edna doesn't though

Ushgarak
No, Edna likes smooth foods, like jelly...

phinney6
yah NIIICCCCEEE and smooth

Ushgarak
Well, uh, yes. Nice smooth jelly. Not sure why you are getting so enthusiastic about it, though...

Texas
sorry guys, gotta go sad

Ushgarak
Blast, never mind. Edna SHOULD be around tomorrow...

phinney6
Oh toooo bad evil face

Ushgarak
He said, evilly.

phinney6
Telll Raz to give me that code name I told you I wanted the one that started with t

Ushgarak
Started with T? Didn't I suggest Justicar?

phinney6
oh yeah Justicar

Ushgarak
And look at all the suspciously edited texts from Texas...

ratcat
I don't believe anyone TELLS Raz anything, try asking, you might get a better response.

Gundark
I get my way with cupcakes. Works every time.

phinney6
Gundark was it you who said you have been up to MAINE

phinney6
Hello people

queeq
Hello?

phinney6
I was just trying to start something mr queeq

queeq
Ah, well done. Good try. Keep it up. big grin

R.C
I went to Maine once, on a stopover to Florida in '91

phinney6
did you like it

queeq
I once spent two months in Main. Climbed your highest mountain and another one called "Double Top".

phinney6
well what did you think queeqer

queeq
Excellent scenery, nice moose at dawn, interesting skunks. But what are those brown tall things with lots of green thingies on it? big grin

phinney6
trees, did you cant sprayed

queeq
No, didn't get sprayed, but I enjoyed their odours in the evenings.

phinney6
haha yah nice sweet smellings animals

queeq
Yes, why do you have them anyway in that state of yours?

Dim
Because they're cute!! big grin

queeq
True. Until the fart.

phinney6
they dont fart they spray with their urine, umm i have no idea why we have them

Gundark
Yes, phin...I was in Maine for my honeymoon (Oct 85) and again in Aug 87. My ex father-in-law lives in Portland and that was where we stayed. It was beautiful....we were considering moving there before we got divorced. We actually were looking at houses...then whoops ! Oh well, now I have queeq....(smacks forehead) I mean Tommy. laughing out loud

queeq
A mistake easily made. laughing out loud

phinney6
tommy knockers tommy knockerrs knocing on your door

Dim
Hmmm..I'm not sure if Tommy would think so.. stick out tongue

queeq
Who's Tommy? laughing out loud

phinney6
Put em up put em up

Gundark
(waits for finti's song)

phinney6
i will unleash the furry of the skunk

queeq
Furry? Yes, I heard they are nice and soft.

phinney6
you know what i mean evil face

queeq
Explain it to me like I'm a three-year old.

phinney6
i will unleash the fury of the skunk the pain the suffering the stink

queeq
Okay, well.... you stay a bit away then... for a while...

phinney6
wqhoops it just sprayed you, you are the skinyiesst linc........goodbye

queeq
AAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGH, TOMATO JUICE!!!!! NOW!!!!

phinney6
whoops not tomaton juice

queeq
*rubs clothes on Phinney*

R.C
Ah, queeq, what a wonderful stench you've discovered...

phinney6
queeq i am wearing anti smell be gone (You can buy it in maine) I will not smell

R.C
Except of anti smell be gone of course. eek!

finti
big grin sounds like sophisticated stuff.

Dim
I wonder if it would work if say, 20 skunks got queeq..

queeq
Are you planning my birthday party or something? eek!

R.C
You already had your birthday...

queeq
A good party needs some preparation. big grin

R.C
So does a bad party...

queeq
Yes, that too.

Anyway, the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.