Persephone's Kiss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tshirt
Some have debated over whether Persephone's kiss was a way to put some code or a program into Neo.

From the trailers, it seems evident that Neo has been captured by the Merovingian.

Could the kiss have been some sort of trace program or something to give the Merovingian the ability to capture Neo?

So is Persephone good or evil? (She did help them get the Key Maker.)

icansee
Persephone appears to be playing both sides to me, she appears to act for and against the matrix so far, so who knows.

After the kiss Neo could feel the sentinels was that from Persephone kiss or from the Architect white room?

Sifer
Well in Greek Myth, Persephone spent 6 months in the underworld and 6 months above. So this could explain her actions. Both good and bad smile

tshirt
He didn't feel them until after the meeting with the Architect, but it doesn't appear that he was anywhere near them after kissing Persephone.

SimplePriest
Why does she appear to be playing both sides?
And yes, now that I think about it, I imagine that kiss did do something. I think almost everytime they've done that matrix sound it has been significant. I can't think of a time when it wasn't for something of interest. Sooo, maybe she did do something with that kiss. If you think back, you'll notice she put on that lipstick before she kissed him. Maybe that lipstick was the stuff that'll affect Neo. hmmm

icansee
Yes, also remember that program that was being shown the door, when they went to meet the Mero...... Sounds, sounds and more sounds. Why did she want to taste his kiss and do you remember when she said that Mero used to be like Neo along time ago.

SimplePriest
Ok, good point about that dude that was being led off. That boggled me for a long time. But if you check out he new pics on the "The Next Noodle Baker" thread you'll see a picture of him. Ok well so what? Well if you played the game too then you'll remember the oracle says that the termination codes for her shell were sold out or something.... never mind I'll find it. Here it is:

Oracle : As I said, you may not recognize the face, but who and what I am beneath remains the same.
Niobe : Can I ask what happened?
Oracle : The Merovingian warned me that if I made a certain choice, it would cost me. He is, among other things, a man of his word.
Niobe : What was the choice?
Oracle : The same one you yourself will have to make -- the choice to help Neo or not.

-and-

Ghost : Can you tell me what happened to you?
Oracle : Two programs that I trusted sold the termination code of my original shell to the Merovingian.
Ghost : Why did they do that?
Oracle : For love. For the life of their child.
Ghost : You knew about it, and yet you let it happen?
Oracle : I had to.
Ghost : Why?
Oracle : Because the child is important. I can't tell you why, but I believe one day, the child will change both our world and your world forever.

Ok. So this pic appears to be him, his girlfriend/wife, and the child that the oracle was speaking about. What will they do? I have no idea. But these pieces are starting to come together...

VenomVA
Hold the FUGG up!!! I just played ETM (for the first time as Niobe) and I lost to Seraph but then cut the game off and kicked his but and got to see the Oracle and she said some of that stuff but not all of it mad mad I feel cheated! sad sad sad I do remember people talking about that scene but they didn't say anything about her code or a child or anything! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Damn you EB!!! mad

SimplePriest
Oh. Dude that sucks. I guess if you lose to seraph it won't play the whole thing to you.

Altharos
Ghost's one and Niobe's ones are different, i can't remember it exactly, but I think Ghost's is the only one that mentions the child...but anyways.

I seem to remember (in respect to the persephone kiss) that she feeds off emotion, hence why she wanted to get the whole love-kiss thing, and why she seemed to have a miniature 'climax' after recieving it. My thoughts anyway.

SpikeSpiegel
Hmmmm.....

burlyman
to be honest i do enjoy the taste of tears but there is something i enjoy so much more..

icansee
Why would P help Neo and at the same time prohibit him? P helped them find the key maker but she also notified Mero.

She killed one program but let the other one go.

She kissed Neo and loved it but said that Neo "N" Trinity love was not meant to last.

Finally, she said to Mero that it was a game and she said have fun.

To me that is a thinking of a machine playing both sides.

SimplePriest
Yeah, I hear ya.... That's a good point.

I think I took it more like she was the spoiled rich brat who was having her little game/tantrum with Neo.

rysdigital
on ETM, the oracle tells niobe about neo touching the source and being stuck between the 2 worlds.

she tells ghost the stuff about the programs. you have no reason to feel cheated.

icansee
Does anyone have the ETM video stuff so I can see it without buy the game?

JediHDM
i don tthink Perse is playing both sides, per se, rather than testing the strength of each side, to see which will win, perhaps?

burlyman
the kiss was a test of love
if he lost, no keymaker, no architects room..

JediHDM
or a test to see what lengths Neo would go to to stop the war...

Ob1
It could not have been the kiss that makes Neo "feeling" the machines. Persephone kissed both Niobe and Ghost in ETM (though Niobe wanted to shoot her in the kneecaps instead laughing ) and they don't feel the machines.

So I would guess that it's Neos abilities that are developing further..

BTW: I loved the comment from persephone that she wish Niobe had just shot her kneecaps instead. big grin Now THAT'S a bad kiss!!

MattMan
Yes but if you notice, P put on lipstick before kissing Neo, but not with Ghost or Niobe.

Neo_Version 7
Whatever Persephone did or did not do to Neo when she kissed him was irrelevant. She is not important, seeing she has so little screen time (but very sexy screen time, if you know what I mean). But in my opinion, it was just to feel his emotions since she is a vampire who only sucks emotions then blood.

Korri
persephone = http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/puke.gif

burlyman
roll eyes (sarcastic) yeah whatever korri stick out tongue smile

dave123
laughing out loud

Korri
miffed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.