England 2 - Pints - 9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Did anyone watch the footie?

I don't think my liver can take another mid-week win! Any thoughts on our performance?
I think it was a solid victory awat from home. cool

Ratcat
There was football on last night????

**Not big on football I'm afraid.**

Gundark
Sorry, Mech....don't follow your football. Not that I wouldn't watch a game now and then though. Busy with the Stanley Cup over here.

Ratcat
Now if it was Formula One....

finti
eeeeeh Norway suck big time at the moment

mechmoggy
Kinda thought nobody would be interested in footie. Never mind though, I'm not a massive fan myself these days but it's a fine excuse to go out on the lash.

There always a madness to my methods. smokin'

razman
I'm a football (soccer) fan, only when England are playing though.

The Greece match was great and was an important win. The first half was pretty quiet (where goals were concerned)...thankfully they picked up to in the second.

The treatment shown by the Greek fans towards Beckham was terrible.

Ushgarak
It's hardly as if Beckham isn't use to abuse, but that was WAY over the top. Every time he tried to take a corner...

razman
I don't think anyone can get used to getting bottles thrown at them.

Ushgarak
Let's throw bottles at Queeq and see...

ratcat
Would appear to be the grounds for a sound experiment to me. evil face

razman
I somehow don't think he will appreciate that.

finti
I am fotball crazy(not american) Leeds United is my team, also always been week for the English National team.

ratcat
Oh I don't know, after all, who said he had a choice. evil face

queeq
*puts on orange helmet*

Ushgarak
(Throws bottle at Queeq. Misses at hits far wall)

queeq
No rugby player I see.

Ushgarak
Good Lord no...

queeq
Pheewwww, what a relief. That you're not a rugby player that is, not so much that you can't throw.

Ushgarak
Ah well. I was always more a hockey and cricket man. Not at the same time, of course.

(Throws bottle at Queeq. Releases too late and bottle smashes at his feet).

queeq
Cricket....hmmmm.... yes, I still don't get that game.

Ushgarak
Yes, it COULD be more accessible, to be sure. Still, great game.

queeq
I'm a baseball man myself.

Ushgarak
Not really a UK thing, of course...

queeq
I know, but still... lots of fun.

razman
Baseball reminds me too much of Rounders...never liked it.

queeq
Rounders?

Ushgarak
I doubt if people out of the UK have heard of Rounders, which is AMAZINGLY similar to baseball but they still can't find a link.

queeq
Ah.... confused

Well, I like baseball. It's fast, strategic and dynamic.

razman
The only difference I've noticed about Rounders and Baseball is that you hold the bat with one hand in Rounders....plus (in our school anyway) only girls tended to play it.

Ratcat
Isn't a rounders bat about half the size of a baseball bat?

finti
Not to offend you Brits but cricket is the most boring thing I know besides Equestrian.(Horse jumping). Cricket seems like you watch it while on a picnic.
Baseball can be fun but also very boring.
American football is cool, played it while I lived in Arkansas. You better be fast or else you eat dirt.

queeq
I don't remember baseball being boring. Not if it's played well.

keokiswahine
I like basketball. big grin

ratcat
Naturally assuming that all brits watch show jumping and cricket huh? Personally I can't abide either of those sports. Infact, the only sports I do like to watch are Formula One Motor Racing and Athletics.

queeq
What's this excitement with Formula One. It's pretty hot here too. I just see these cars driving the same circles for a couple of hours and that's supposed to be exiting.

keokiswahine
it's the whoop it up big machines stuff, queeq. big guy toys. smokin'

mechmoggy
Now baseball games are the ultimate excuse for getting pished. The games last sooo long and people walk around offering you beer and hotdogs. Aahhh, my idea of heaven on earth. cool

finti
Cricket is a big sport in Britain right, I know not all Brits enjoj it but it is a big thing over there. You probably think cross country skiing sucks, we find it a little bit exciting. Personally; I hate winter sports, all of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.