Neo merging with the matrix.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joeboy
What and how is this happening. First it talks to neo, then it changes form and combines with him.

joeboy

joeboy
why

joeboy
First it talks to neo, then it changes form and combines with him.

SimplePriest
Is that supposed to be the same thing. I mean the speak machine and the golden glow. Or is the speak machine something separate, then he goes into the glow later.

joeboy
look at the back grounds. so the glow and the speaking is the same. Now when he hit by the fire, he is blinded. Just as he is when he talking to the speaking machine.

JediHDM
The SPEAK machine raises up, you can see it in one of the trailers, i think international...I think it is MWAM, that accounts for the "Neo walking on golden glow where there is no ground" thing...

SimplePriest
yup... I agree with jedi

navykidd
whoa, preist, u think there is a MWAM now, thats a first isnt it?

joeboy
smile

joeboy
what if that is the order?

joeboy
Neo is trying to talk to it. Why. He may be trying to reach a compromise. a way of living together.

JediHDM
You know what, i have no idea what to think now...I went back, and saw that the SPEAK machine *blows up* into this blue ball, but i never see a Orange glow. Then, there is another pic, where the speak thing seems to be raising up, with the glow underneath, but when the machine is up, the surroundings are different... Interesting...

SimplePriest
navykidd> No, I've thought about the MWAM since I got on this forum. Actually the MWAM is what made me look here in the first place. I've been leaning more and more towards it these last few days. But, the fact is I just don't know. I guess I'm still sitting on the fence, but I'm leaning towards the MWAM side. I really don't know what to expect.
wink

JediHDM
you better watch out, we all know what happened when Dubya got on a SegWay, with his right lean...the Segway couldn't compensate, and he fell...HAHA jj, that was on Leno or letterman, i cant remember...

joeboy
it is interesting to say the least.

tshirt
Joeboy,

Try looking at your images in the exact opposite order. Neo is getting closer to the source/speak machine. He is attacked/probed by the orange lights, but continues on. Walks down the orange hallway. The lights go out. The machine rises up and says, "SPEAK".

After that, it blows up, as per other images in the commericals.

joeboy
I did. And i thought as you do. But why would you go talk to your enemy unless you want to talk peace. Or truce. So then i thought like a machine. A machine would know what neo could handle by then. It would know if neo was defeat-able. If all the attack drones and other defences ahas failed, an act of desperation(which is a human response) would be useless. sort of like when a computer playing chess. When they see they can't win, they call the game. But us humans keep going till we are checked and mated. But if neo presented a good argument as to why a truce was in order. the machine may want to merge with him.

I don't see where the voice expodes. Or god as some call.

Morpheus probaly will kill the voice if anyone. I all the movies, the hero kills the main enemy, while his sidekick kills the others.

JediHDM
actually, i think tshrit is right, because the orange sentinel thing may be an antivirus type thing, designed to see if the person contains the coding of the ONE...If so, then he may pass, leading to the SPEAK thing, but that maybe the SPEAK machine blows up to reveal the SOURCE, or rearranges itself, (it doesn't really blow up, there's no explosion, just the particles moving outwards...)

VenomVA
On that last pic with the fire thing going through Neo....maybe he's getting some kind of power and it's giving him his sight back

joeboy
nov 5th

Korri
that is really kewl eek!

joeboy
?
i still think thats a merge

joeboy
And in the new trailor we see him jack in to the voice.

djflipfx
i've seen the animatrix on acid shrooms X 'n' herbs that's an awsome movie and the enter the matrix game was awsome even though it didn't follow the story line completly.
what if: it's a matrix in a matrix?Neo's a program? The real world is a lie.Could mr smith have been the ONE once?

Retina:Neo is not a machine although he could control a machine within a matrix. he is not a machine as he is released from the matrix in the first movie. it would have been pointless to show this scene if it was not the case, otherwise there infinte matricies and it's a waste of our time to consider the difference between knowing the real world and the matrix and what their differences are. i will be very dissapointed with the film if they hinge the success of the whole film and in that the very conclusion on just one big twist at the end, that would be too much like hollywood for me.
i think we will see Neo have to unplug the matrix, to discontinue it, sever everybody in it, sacrafice everybody to continue human existance. this would could off the energy for the aliens and they would perish. humanity would be reborn if trinity survives or whoever to procreate. this would tie in with Keanus quote "matrix Ressurection". Then again that could mean any number of things, how far does your imagination stretch? It has always been apparent that they have made Neo out to be a Messiah, a saviour, what did Christ do? Sacraficed his life for us and was Reborn more powerful - Obi Wan Kenobi, Jesus Christ (although the latter really did happen (think about that if you like the matrix, your choice anyway....) there will be a huge clash of Agent Smith against Neo. I think this will parallel a fight between Zion and the sentinels.

this is where I think the film will lose it's appeal. If agent smith is copying himself and irradicating everythingelse in the matrix and also downloading himself into the supposed real world and Neo must fight him. It could be that Neo having been a hacker, is a virus as is Agent Smith. Agent smith complained in the first film of how humans inhabit an area an multiply until all resources are wasted, a virus. Agent Smith was a program that has now become a problem (or possibly a fix - a patch designed by the Architecte to rid the Matrix of Neo but the Arch does not say anything to support this). Neo could be a virus aswell. I think everything depends on the Oracle, has she been leading him into a trap, is everything going to finish up with him waking up in real life and saying "woahh", YOU HOPE NOT, RIGHT! in the first, Neo is led to believe he is not the 1 by the Oracle and this allows him to develop. In the second the war is still happening and he has developed more and he still thinks that everything is a lie, but if it was and the Oracel was leading him astray then he would not have become so powerful. I think he will either have to sacrafice his own life willingly or everybodyelses. I think it's revolution as in war cos guess what, that's what's going on in the film unless you are blind.

jack:A few things I have wondered and noticed, and that I can not answer is that why is Matrix Reloaded called Matrix Reloaded? As far as we know, it hasn't been reloaded, furthermore, how did Neo stop the machines? So far, that is the only thing super-human the Wachowski's have inserted for the Real World. Has anyone thought that Matrix REVOLUTIONS means revolve, to do over again, rather than a revolution in the context of a war? Keanu Reeves said maybe it should be called Matrix Ressurection, a quote on comingsoon.net. Now, when the three heroes go to see the Merovingian, they are in the elevator and wonder why the Keymake was not handed over. Neo says they did exerything they were supposed to, but maybe did something wrong. Morpheus replies "what happened happened, and could not have happened any other way." Neo says "why?" and the answer from morheus is "because they are still alive." Now take that and apply it to the end of the movie, where the war was supposed to be over when Neo entered the door. Even though the war did not end, everything happened the only way it could've because they're still alive. Even in the ship after the architect sequence, Morheus says "I dont understand, we did everything we were supposed to" and it echoes exactly what was said in the elevator, they did everything they were supposed to, and could've only happened the way it did. I honestly think the Matrix will not be destroyed. Have any of you noticed the word "loop" on the subway train in the end-of-video-game trailer? Loop as in what, to happen over? And if someone can help me out on this please, is the ONE created on purpose to be a system of control? or, is he a glitch, and if so, why the prophecy a system of control? Are the Neo's on the screen past ONES? I know this is long, but last comment, Agent Smith may be a past ONE, and reloaded has a program. He says at the beginning of the movie to himself "its happening just as before" and then "well not exactly." making us think of the last move, but maybe, the last time when Smith was the ONE. Also, he says to Neo, "I knew what I was supposed to do, but i felt compelled to disobey, compelled to walk away." The Wachowskis throw in little unnoticible things throuhgout their movies, eg the tv screens in the interrogation room of Matrix 1, so applying Smith's "compelled to walk away and disobey" may be a possible reference to him when he was the ONE in the architect room. He disobeyed the architect, and walked away from the door which was supposedly the one the architect could've told him not to, as he tried to do with Neo, maybe every ONE does as they are profoundly attached to their species, except Neo.

kenzo:Hey Jack,
catch a clue, the real world isn't real at all, its just a bubble in the matrix, a safety valve, a place where the rebels could be deluded that their rebellion matters, and neo, he's a machine, Tank tells us as much in the original Matrix. Neo chooses Trinity over recreating Zion, to perpetuate this fiction. The Architect tells Neo that if he doesn't recreate zion the Matrix will grow unstable and "crash" killing all of the people inside it. So Neo has a choice, to preserve Humanity as a race of slaves or to save the woman he loves. Neo is such a good program, designed to have empathy for people that he falls in love so it really isn't any choice for him, but still the realization of his role in this deception bothers Neo and that's why when he sees the Architect again he'll probably KICK HIS ASS.

chris:Ok... here is my 2 cents:
First, Neo may or may not be a program. The architect did say The One was imbued with certain qualities. This implies The One is a manufactured item designed to fix the flaws inherent in a system of random action (i.e People). Also, it should be noted that if Agent Smith could upload into a live person why couldn't the system do the same with the One? It could even be done with an infant creating a "sleeper agent" effect. It also supports the Oracles ability to predict the future. By creating The One and then manipulating events to lead Morpheus to Neo the system validates her predictions and gives the Oracle credibility. It would also explain why The One has abilities within the Matrix beyond those of normal humans and is more akin to programs.
Something else to consider is the Merovingian and Persephone. The Oracle made reference to them as separate programs with their own agenda. Later Persephone explains the Merovingian was not always the way he is now... he was more like Neo. Could the Merovingian be a previous incarnation of The One? Could he have done his thing as the One, maintained the Matrix and now saves his program self from version to version taking a few things along with him?
Here is my question: Why did the agents want to stop the Keymaker?
If the Architect and the Oracle are who they claim, why would the system enforcers (i.e Agents) want to stop their plans? Who do the agents serve and are the Architect and Oracle who they claim to be (Father and Mother of the Matrix)?
As a final note: I have to agree with the earlier comments about what a bummer it would be if the "real world" were just another Matrix reality. Very Hollywood. It would be almost as bad as when we all saw Darth Vaders face for the first time and found out he just looked like a pimple with sad baggy eyes and a black cape.

djflipfx
The Matrix Explained
Found this a little while ago, sorry if it's been posted before but I haven't been here in a while....

the matrix reloaded - explained.
by jason payne

zion is a program, just like the matrix. how is neo able to figure out that
he is able to stop the sentinels in zion near the end of the film? the spoon given to him earlier. it had obviously been bent loads, but how outside the matrix?? this gave neo the inspiration and the understanding that zion is still a matrix.

the one explained
"the one" is a program, but has to be "attached" to someone in the matrix. so mr. anderson got it in the 6th version of the matrix. then "the one" program's purpose is to allow zion to be destroyed then to rebuild it. the reason for this is because of anomalies - the 1% of humans that don't accept the matrix. these are all brought out of the matrix program and into the zion program by the "morpheus" program and other
similar "ship captain" programs. then once all the anomalies are out of the matrix (and in zion), that is the time for zion to be destroyed, thus killing all the anomalies off. the matrix is then upgraded, thus creating the next version of the
matrix, but zion must be rebuilt so that the next lot of anomalies can be brought out again so that they can be destroyed. this is the feedback-loop, and is the reason to retain a handful of people so that zion can be rebuilt. so this is why neo said the prophecy was a lie - the one's purpose was not to end the war as the prophecy stated. unfortunately, "the one" program must be re-used each time, or copied, so it can be "attached" to a new anomaly inside the matrix. so what happens to the old "the one" program? it faces deletion, and as the oracle explained, it goes into exile instead, just like the french bloke (the merovingian) did. he was the first one (probably from the second version of the matrix), and once he fulfilled his duty, he became an exile program and "abdicated" his "oneness" by choosing persephone and power. this is evident in the bogs when persephone asks neo to kiss her. she says she wants
him to kiss her so she can feel what it is like again to be kissed by something close to human, just like the merovingian used to be. then she says to trinity that she
envies her, but that these things are not meant to last. so the merovingian used to be just like neo - a one - thus proving further the feedback-loop explained earlier.

the correct door in the architect's room
now there are two possibilities here:
1. all the previous one's chose the right door allowing a "temporary dissemination" of their code into the matrix (i.e., the code they "carry" thus indicating neo is indeed human), then he must select (unplug) 23 people from the matrix to rebuild zion. this takes away the possibility that stories from previous rebuilds of zion will be carried
through. but morpheus indicated in the first matrix that this is the case anyway. he said, "there was a man born inside, able to change things, it was he who freed the first of us," - basically the one previous to neo. and this proves that the previous one chose the right door also. neo's purpose is also to choose the right door, but he does not because he faces deletion afterwards and has the choice of going into exile - programs choosing to go into exile is the one thing that can't be accounted for in program parameters. thus, he chooses the left door instead this time. how was neo able to choose the other door? because of his extreme willpower? - even the architect
indicated that he'd noticed this - "interesting. that was quicker than the others." or more likely, because the oracle upgraded his coding with the candy on the park bench. the candy/cookie was a method to change the one's program. she said he has made a believer out of her - this is quite human-like and perhaps the previous one's didn't accept the upgrade candy, now she has hope... hope that neo will finally choose the other door.

2. all the previous one's chose the left door, saving trinity and letting zion fall. so this time is no different. but the architect does say, "you are here because zion is about to be destroyed. its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated," and also, "this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it," - assuming the architect isn't lying, then they
have already destroyed zion (i.e., zion has fallen) five times - i.e., the result of going through the left door.

morpheus and trinity are programs. morpheus's purpose was to find the one and deliver him to the architect. trinity's purpose is to control the one by getting in love with him. trinity is supposed to be the mother of the new one every time the matrix is reloaded. that's why the sex scene was so important and why she was named trinity.

the architect says, "she is going to die, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it." he was correct though because she did die just like neo did in the first matrix (oracle said he or morpheus would, and she didn't lie, but he came back to life). trinity dies, but comes back to life (we are using medical definition of death in all this of course!).

the architect has already laid down an ultimatum for neo choosing the left
door:
the architect - "failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race."

neo - "you won't let it happen, you can't. you need human beings to survive."

the architect - "there are levels of survival we are prepared to accept.. however, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world."

looking at this further, the architect does say "coupled" with the extermination of zion will the human race be exterminated. so he says everyone connected to the matrix will die, but if zion is not exterminated, the human race will not necessarily die. also, there is likely to be a time-window between not going through the right door,
and the cataclysmic crash, thus allowing neo to unplug as many as possible from the matrix, then those people won't die. this will be the start of the next zion. as for the matrix, a cataclysmic crash doesn't mean the end of the matrix - just needs rebooting or reloading!

agent smith explained
agent smith is the only "human" in this world. he's the one spreading himself like a virus replicating himself over and over until the matrix will finally get overloaded and fail. smith is the one who wants to get out of the matrix for good. he said so in the first matrix, "i must get out of here, i must get free! and in this mind, is the key," squeezing morpheus's temples, "my key! once zion is destroyed, there is no need for me to be here!" smith knows that by killing neo he can escape the matrix because neo is the key to resetting the matrix, or to shut it off. it was originally killing
neo (in the first matrix) that allowed smith to become powerful (cloning ability) - so killing neo again will allow him to gain neo's powers completely, and thus gain the power to shut down the matrix. so where the hell did smith come from if he wants to destroy the matrix? he's obviously not meant to be there - he's a computer virus as he has every characteristic of a virus - he multiplies and spreads and infects (and
emulates) other programs like one. he is exactly as he described humans at the end of the first matrix - "you move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. there is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. do you know what it is? a virus." but who put him there? this will only be revealed in revolutions (revelations?) i guess - but i'm betting on humans in the real real world, i.e., outside of zion and the matrix. they're at war with the machines and trying to destroy them by infecting them with this virus - agent smith. so the irony with this theory is that agent smith represents the human race!! neo represents the machines! agent smith says to neo just after he's seen the oracle that he became free when neo destroyed him in the first matrix (remember when neo entered his body and exploded him
from inside out) - as a virus, smith has the ability to "inherit" other programs' abilities and thus inherited some of neo's.

djflipfx
the anomaly explained
the anomaly is all the humans that do not accept the matrix. the architect says "your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. you are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts i have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. while it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control." this includes neo, but neo's matrix avatar is attached with the one program so that he can follow his purpose as
explained earlier under "the one explained". however, he is also supposed to protect himself and destroy anything that gets in his way - i.e., agent smith - so that he may
fulfil his purpose. further proving neo - and other non-accepters of the matrix - are the anomaly, the architect says, "your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix." the clue here is neo's program name - "the one". take one-third for example. 1 over 3 is 0.33333 recurring. a computer cannot deal with recurring numbers, so must accept a limit, let's say 0.33333 for argument's sake. multiply by 3, you get 0.99999 - never 1.00000, where has the "remainder" 0.00001 (one) gone? this is the limitation of computers, this is the mathematical imprecision inherent in programming (of the matrix) and the eventuality of the one anomaly unable to be eliminated.

what is the equation then?
not sure, but it definitely involves pi. the keymaker refers to the window of time to open the door to the mainframe as 314 seconds. 3.14 is pi to three sig. figs., or the number of radians in half a circle. half a circle is like the cross-section of a womb, similar to the alcove of neo and trinity's love scene - conceiving the next one? `neo", incidently, is an anagram of "one". trinity and neo - one on one; a choice - one or one. leads us to 101. "101" is mentioned numerous times in matrix 1 and reloaded. neo's room at the beginning, merovingian is on the 101st floor, the 101 freeway of the car chase in reloaded, then when trinity is hacking into the power
plant system, she resets the password to z10n0101. freaky. indicates that she is a program because that's not some random password she's put in. 101 is binary for 5, which in zero-based binary counting: 000 is 1, 001, is 2, 010 is 3, 011 is 4, 100 is 5, 101 is 6 - and this is the 6th version of the matrix! then there's 303. 303 is the room neo got shot in matrix 1, the oracle lives in room 303, it's also the hotel room number trinity is in in matrix 1 and it's seen at the end when neo fights the agents and smith and begins to literally see the code that makes up the matrix. 101 x 3 = 303, a trilogy, 3 + 0 + 3 = 6 = the 6th matrix. trinity means 3.

who is the "mother" that the architect refers to?
the architect says, "please," in an almost disapproving sense when neo suggests the oracle, but does not reveal who it really is or even directly that neo is wrong. the architect was the one who created the matrix; the co-creator is neither persephone nor the oracle. both of them are only programs that have a purpose in the matrix, just like the rest. the architect is in charge of the matrix world and the co-creator is in charge of zion. she has almost the same age as the architect. therefore, that woman
is the head counsellor, the only woman of importance that lives in zion and the one who asked for the two captains to volunteer at the council meeting. she's the one who knew all along about the matrix. she was the one who told zion's defence minister to cool off and to let morpheus do his work so things could go as planned. or alternatively, it could indeed be the oracle. she is the only program that truly wants humans to have a free choice... at the same time, she sees the future, because she knows the program code - she is like god - which is why seraph protects her - see "who is seraph?" below.

what's so special about neo's avatar?
neo is a skilled hacker, and his avatar in the matrix is based on the person that founded the ai of the original machines that eventually took over the world... how? take a look at the disc he gave to the bloke at the door at the beginning of matrix 1. it said "disc ai" on it. the hollowed book neo takes the disc out of is "simulacra and simulation" - a collection of essays by the french postmodernist philosopher jean
baudrillard. he opens it to the section "on nihilism" (meaning nothing is truly known,
etc.). "baudrillard's concept of simulation is the creation of the real through conceptual or 'mythological' models which have no connection or origin in reality. the
model becomes the determinant of our perception of reality--the real." and morpheus says, "welcome to the desert of the real," in matrix 1. i'd say this book describes the matrix to a tee. so this disc contains the key to the ai, and thus how to destroy the machines, so i think they'll use this info in revolutions to ultimately destroy the machines, which means he'll have to go back to the nightclub and find the guy he gave it to.

who is seraph?
the reason seraph (the chink guy neo meets before meeting the oracle) had golden code and was so spectacular is that he came from the first incarnation of the matrix, which was heaven. "seraph" is singular for the plural "seraphim". the seraphim are the highest choir of angels and included amongst others: lucifer, gabriele, raziel and
malaciah, and they sit on the 8th level of heaven just one below god. so seraph will obviously have a big part in revolutions, but whose side will he be on - the machines or the humans?? that is the question.

the twins
they are exiled programs that emulate the human myth of ghosts as the oracle explained. they are programs behaving badly. persephone killed one of the merovingian's bodyguards with a silver bullet because he was emulating a werewolf. so if the twins could phase into ghost form, why didn't he when his arm was trapped in the door of the garage? was it because he was wounded or because he can't phase when his arm is trapped? no of course not. the doors of that building, when shut, always led somewhere else (usually in the mountains) when opened again without the keymaker's
key. so if it were slammed shut due to the twin phasing into ghost form, the twin's arm would've ended up god knows where, but certainly not attached to the twin's body.

Korri
it also looks very sore sad

JediHDM
i read the third part and disagree completely, so i doubt i will agree with anything else in it...

Korri
fair enuff smile

clavis9495
it's too freakin long to read mr junior member boy.. please just make a summary of that so some people will read it...

Korri
mr junior member boy laughing out loud classic!!

clavis9495
yeah that's what I thought mrs neo's room senior member gurl

clavis9495
btw where did ya get tha pic from it's cool

Korri
what one?

EyeMakeMovies
what if the order is exactly reverse of what you posted them as? i know it sounds stupid, but you never know... hey venomVA, nice clip.

clavis9495
ow you are 100% human I could so predict what you were going to say.

I mean your avatar

dave123
"i read the third part and disagree completely, so i doubt i will agree with anything else in it..." - JediHDM

lol, yeah, i was flicking through some book called the Bible and the exact same thing happened

JJ big grin

JediHDM
thats amazing, considering theres only two parts...

Sifer
Straight from a website I have read (ref. djflipfx).

Oh and "TILL ALL ARE ONE" & "I Will become one with the Matrix"

JediHDM
i have NO IDEA what you are saying, Sifer...

Sifer
Figure it out then smile

dave123
u got the dodgy version big grin

Sifer
Dodgy version of?

dave123
i was a bit late, referring to a post long long ago...

Sifer
lol

JediHDM
i understand the first part, however, im not sure what the Oh and...part is...

clavis9495
*has serious brain damage by trying to figure out what sifer is saying*

Sifer
the "Oh and" wasn't part of the quotes. Maybe I should have put:

Oh, and: "..." "...".

They are quotes from a movie if you haven't figured it out.

JediHDM
i'm still lost, i don't remember that in ANY of the three movies...

tshirt
Regardless of who wrote it, I like it.

Before reading it (and I read the whole thing mr junior member boy) I was pretty much against the MWAM theory. This has made me wonder a little about it. Hope it is not true, but it does have some good answers.

Sifer
I said: quotes from A movie, not one of the 3 you mean.

Dryden
BANANAS!! AND PEANUT BUTTER!

JediHDM
hey dryden, i like your title...has a nice ring, dont you think?

JediHDM
Transformers, robots in disguise...
your pic, together with the "A movie" set it off...

burlyman
you should know how sifer always refers to transformers!

dave123
bananas??? peanut butter?

omg..... ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! Happy Dance

The Omega

JediHDM
I didn't say i WANTED it to happen, i just said that that is the most logical view point i can see at this time...I dont want it to happen, b/c that would mean the Brothers aren't as smart as i thought they are, losing my respect for them...And i hate hearing this spoiler every single day...

The Omega

JediHDM
good questions, all of them

djflipfx
i bet the game is gonna be bad ass

Jezrah
This is a bit longer than I intended, but bear with me.

First--people keep referring to Neo walking through an "orange glow" in the third film. Everyone is trying to explain it in terms of what it might literally be in the film. But I can't help but think that this is meant to represent Buddha's Golden Path. That fits with a lot of the philosophy we've been seeing in the films. There's no way of knowing exactly when in the film we'll see this, but it has the feeling of an apotheosis about it. The trailer shows it happening before we see the golden light enter Neo's chest, but it might actually be after. Something has happened and Neo has entered onto the path of true enlightenment.

Second--at the end of the trailer, very briefly we see a ship (maybe Niobe's, it isn't clear) descending from the sky, and it is a blue sky. You can see the moon in the background. Something very major happens at the end of the film. It's more than simply defeating the Matrix. From that clip, it looks like somehow the planet itself has been saved. That would take something tremendous to do. Which leads to number three.

Three--Neo becomes God, at least in some form. That's not really much a stretch given everything else we've seen in the films. In fact, it seems somewhat obvious. But, there are a number of potential ways that this can happen. The most basic, I suppose is that he simply transforms into it by the end, in much the same way he became the One at the end of the first film. That's a possibility. He moves to the next level where he realizes that the "real" world is simply another level of a matrix (which is one of the big gnostic ideas that's run through the whole story). We've already seen him start to manifest abilities in the real world at the end of the second film (actually, he begins to have these abilities much earlier, but nobody in the film realizes it--he is dreaming of what happens to Trinity, but he is in the real world when he has these dreams. These are not Matrix-born abilities. He is having prophetic dreams in the real world.) I'm guessing, though, that this isn't what happens because it would probably mean the destruction of the Matrix itself along with the billions plugged into it and the good as well as the bad programs. Given that, and the fact that the Animatrix lays much of the blame squarely on human shoulders (we are definitely the bad guys in the Second Renaissance) I can't figure the Wachowskis going that way. Besides, it doesn't fit the idea of man and machine being interdependent on each other that comes up in Reloaded.

The other major possibility is that Neo somehow merges with the Matrix. This is obviously not a new idea. People have been talking about it quite a bit, actually. It might be a merging of equals, in which the two join to form something greater, or Neo might consume (for lack of a better term) the mentality of the Matrix. People keep looking at the consciousness that Neo is talking to in Revolutions as being what he merges with.

But what about this? I kind of hope this is it, actually. What if the scene with the golden light entering Neo's chest is the end of the battle between Smith and Neo which the entire movie is obviously focused around? It would mirror the end of the first film perfectly where Neo dives inside of Smith. Smith fights it, but cannot contain Neo and he explodes. We've also seen touches of it in the second film with Smith pushing his hand into Neo's chest and trying to remake him as another Smith. In both of these, it was one side trying to eliminate the other. What if the end of the third film, and the end of the fight between Smith and Neo is Smith diving into Neo in a complete reversal of the end of the first film (remember that programs like Seraph and the Oracle look golden to Neo, and while agents didn't at the end of the first film, Smith is now much more than an agent and is an exile himself)? Then, following some of the Zen ideas that have been cropping up throughout the films, Neo doesn't fight Smith's presence like Smith did at the end of the first film. What if he accepts it, and incorporates it into himself as a dark side to himself. Smith hints in the second film that they are "the same." What it that's true? What could Neo become if he incorporates this "other side" of himself? (There is a line in the trailer when Neo is confronting the guy that Smith took over in the real world and Smith tells Neo to look beyond the flesh, and see--at which point I can't tell if he says 'your enemy' or 'your inner me.' If it's the latter, it would fit very well.) To reach true enlightenment, wouldn't Neo have to incorporate both the Yin and Yang?

But whatever form Neo's ascension to godhood takes, it seems like that absolutely has to happen in order for the skies to clear over the real world at the end. And if "reality" is simply another level of a matrix (albeit a more metaphysical one, and not simply one controlled by machines), then someone like Neo could have the abilities to remake the world and repair the damage humans did when they darkened the sky. What do you think?

JediHDM
Very nice, Jezrah, esp the path to enlightenment. as for the second, the Logos flies above the cloud cover, but that does or does not mean anything pertaining to the actual end of the movie, they just choose to put it there...As for Neo becoming God, i agree however, i think Neo must OVERCOME his YIN in order to ascend, rather than accept it.

Jezrah
But one cannot overcome Yin. Or Yang. There are both necessary aspects of existence. You can't have light without dark. It's a western religious notion that good is favored over bad.

Jezrah
Have to make a retraction. The golden thing going into Neo's chest definitely isn't Smith. If you look closely at the trailer, you see a sentinel crash through the window of their ship and then it cuts to the shot of something crashing into Neo. You can clearly see the tentacles of the sentinel if you look closely enough. That certainly supports the idea that the "real" world is simply another sort of matrix, though. And it doesn't negate the possibility that Neo and Smith do eventually combine somehow. It just isn't in that scene.

spydar1982
Look at the two pictures again neo is standing on the same exact curve in both pictures.

JediHDM
yes, however, i do not see Smith "going queitly into the night", so to speak, so i think he has to DECIDE, to CHOOSE to join him, not just jump into him, oh, look, ive been assimilated...

Jezrah
Oh, I never thought that he would go quietly. But after his comments in Reloaded about how he is going to do to Neo what Neo did to him, I can picture Smith (who, to put it mildly, has come unhinged) diving into Neo completely in an attempt to destroy him (or change him into another Smith). But I can picture Neo taking him in and incorporating Smith into himself in some way.

Osiris
thats interesting

bluezcat
i think Neo is still in the ship with Trinity when that scene is taking place..if you look in the preview...a squidy is coming right through the window towards Neo before tat scene comes and that glowing thing that goes through him IS the squidy...

i dont know why though...

kinda reminds me of that Final Fantasy movie though...

forumcrew
they put scenes in trailers in weird order to throw you off.. and i still say the orange stuff is just similar to the blue in dare devil

Jezrah
I agree with you about them often intentionally messing with our heads in the way they edit trailers, but if you download this one on your computer, you can pause it and look at it frame by frame and what crashed into Neo is definitely a Sentinel. You can clearly see the tentacles. So I don't think it is like Daredevil's vision. Something that should be solid actually passes through Neo in this scene. If it were simply vision, it would kill him. Instead this is like the scene at the end of Reloaded where he puts his hand inside Trinity's chest to bring her back to life. He is able to ignore the physical reality of the world because he sees it as it really is. I stick by my theory that he is essentially seeing the "code" of the real world. It looks too much like the things he sees in green code in the matrix itself. I don't think, though, that the "real" world is simply another machine controlled Matrix. The quality of the code is a clue to that. In the Matrix, Neo can see the actual digits of the code. In the real world what he sees is much more complex. The real world is more of a metaphysical Matrix created by God or whatever. What he is seeing is the artificial shell that imprisons our true spiritual beings to this plane. That comes right out of Gnostic beliefs, which have always underscored these films.

JediHDM
wow...and Neo must ascend...hmmm...

Jezrah
Exactly. In similar fashion to the apotheosis at the end of the first film. He is the one in the Matrix. Now he has to become the One for the real world. The second coming of the savior, or Buddha, or whatever. I have a sneaking suspicion that this ascendence is the scene with him in the glowing corridor. There is just something about the way he is walking. Slow and calm. Like he's walking off into the sunset, or into heaven or something.

MC Mike
Quite an interesting theory! big grin

Very possible...

joeboy
this thread still active.

clavis9495
wow I've never seen Jedi give so many compliments in one day!

MC Mike
Yes it is...

Wow, long time too... never saw the first page...

And you are back? I remember you being on this forum then for like a month you weren't here...

Ahhh, who cares anyway.

joeboy
not back tll next week. I love the movie too much to let all theses spoilers spoil it. If i knew that they would stick to the spoiler threads, i would stay. But next week.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.