Origin of Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
I just wondered, as we now believe that Palpatine was Senator for a number of worlds, I just wondered if anyone knew which planet he came from.

I had always assumed he was from Naboo, but I am now getting the feeling that may be an incorrect assumption.

theEviljedi
I thought he was from Corusant.

Ratcat
How come? That's kinda my point, you would expect a Senator to represent the planet of his birth or at least the sector. It is now believed that he may have represented as many as 30 worlds. Which one was his home.

I doubt it is Coruscant as I do not believe it is in the same sector as Naboo.

theEviljedi
I think I read that in the Star Wars dictionary.

Ratcat
Ahhh, the ever faiuthful SWD. Anyone got any other takes on his origin?

Darth Gehenna
Here's something I got from Cinescape.com shortly before the release of TPM:

"The future Emperor Palpatine is indeed Naboo's representative in the Galactic Senate. However, Naboo is not the only world that Palpatine represents: He is the senator for a quadrant of 366 worlds. Although he was born on Naboo, Palpatine had only met Amidala once before the events of The Phantom Menace. Furthermore, there is some friction between the queen and the senator, since Amidala has the impression that Palpatine is more interested bolstering his political standing than advancing the will of those he represents (Palpatine didn't get along with King Veruna either though, it seems). As mentioned in the Star Wars novelization, Palpatine appears to be a quiet and unassuming man, but he also prefers to take action in a situation rather than waste time bickering in debate. Still, patience is his greatest virtue, and we all know where that gets him later in the prequel trilogy."

Ratcat
Cool, I wonder what Cinescape based that on. They must have gotten if from somewhere.

queeq
I think the Illustrated Dictionary said something like that as well. It also referred to the designs and art in Palpatine's quarters: it was very different from the Naboo style, thus indicating that he was alienating from his home planet.

queeq abides

UnknownBountyHunter
Wow, Naboo? I always thought it was a Core World. (Coruscant, Corellia, etc.)

queeq
Nope, Naboo.

queeq abides

JediOasis
So where is Anakin born? He said in TPM that he lived on Tatooine since he was four, I think. And I guess, we are still waiting to see where the twins will be born. I still think its going to be Dagobah.

Gundark
The twins could also be born on a ship.

Ratcat
"There's something familiar about this place" - Luke Skywalker ESB

finti
No way they are gonna be born on Dagobah, most likely Alderaan. And about Lukes feeling on the place,either dejavu or his insight of the future.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.