The Entity and other GHOST STORIES

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Striel
What are some of your favorite horror films that involve hauntings? Other than Poltergeist. :P

I am also curious about who here has seen The Entity, and if so, did you like it? I have been looking for this movie for the last couple years and can't find it. I don't like to buy movies I haven't seen, so I don't want to order it off the internet. I have heard this is a great horror movie-- what did you think?

DeNiro
ghost storie huh sixth sense was a good ghost story umm ghostbusters was awesome umm shit i honeslty havent seen alot of ghost movies umm 13 ghosts and shit like that though pretty good

Striel
I didn't like The Sixth Sense or 13 Ghosts...

grymlock
The Entity is based on true case... it's quite good anyway.. worth seeing.. cheers mate!! beer

Striel
That is one of the main reasons I want to see it-- because it is supposedly based on a true story.

grymlock
then go see it mate!! .... cheers mate!! beer

Striel
Obviously i can't go see it, that's the point of my post, I can't find it anywhere.

grymlock
ooppsss... ok! well try asking bf maybe he can help you out... well for me i'm way way way far from you guy's/gal's... cheers mate!! beer

Striel
Sorry to bump my own post here, but I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if this movie IS or WILL BE out on DVD any time soon. I still can't find it. I guess I will just have to order it off the internet and hope it's worth it.

roundisfunny
According to the IMDb, it has only been released on DVD in Germany. Maybe you could find it on eBay?

It's been a long, long time since I saw it, but I recall that it was pretty good. You're probably better off trying to find it on cable (it will almost certainly air a few times around Halloween), and recording it. If you look at Barbara Hershey's page (or any other person) on the IMDb, it has a link for "On TV this week". "The Entity" is showing on English television this week, for what that's worth.

Technically, "The Entity" is a demon movie. As for good ghost movies, hmm...let me get back to you on that.

EDIT: okay, I'm back. A ghost movie buff has this page about some of the all-time best flicks of that sub-genre. Check it out.

Zilverz
Hmmmm i remimber a movie with a girl ghost ? if im not mistaken... i cant remimber the name... but this guy sees her reflection in the bath tub .. or something ... and she has some ball that she makes bounce ... and he is getting so whacked out .. that he throws the ball in the river or something .. and when he comes home that same ball comes bouncing down the stairs ... that creeped me out ... anyone know the name of this movie ?

roundisfunny
That sounds a bit like "What Lies Beneath", though I don't remember a bouncing ball. It has been a while since I saw it, though.

Jason_Krueger
If I do recall Campfire Tales was a good movie.....especially the ending!

Zilverz
no .. it is a much older movie than that ... anyone else remimber ?

The Redeemer
The Redeemer highly recommends THE CHANGELING, a 1980 haunted house ghost story starring George C Scott. It's very effective in parts with a really disturbing scene that you won't shake off so easily.

I also thought THE OTHERS was excellent. I'm a big Nicole Kidman fanboy at the best of times but I thought her performance in it was one of her best, if not THE best, to date.

..TR...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.